(See All?) Announcements
653 Users Online
Google, Bing, Neo

Safe Harbor — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 589 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

Months had past and her recovery was going well or at least Leotie thought it was. Her weight was back and she no longer felt embarrassed at how she looked. Her coat was better groomed than it had had been in a long time and she also thought she was starting to get past what had happened. She knew she would never forget it but it didn't consume her everyday like it used to. She'd even been able to push the voice to the back of her mind where it didn't bother her anymore. On occasionally when she was feeling especially anxious or nervous it would make an appearance but it was getting to where those instances were fewer and fewer.

She was starting to make a home in Willow Ridge and part of that was to do patrols and hunt to help out. She'd been doing both though not at the capacity she once was for the draw. She felt she was still a few weeks from that but in time she would be working as hard as she used to. She was glad for the patience that had been showed her during her recovery and she planned to pay them back.

Having explored the entirety of the ridge Leotie decided it was time to venture out away from the borders, stretch her legs a bit. She didn't roam too far but far enough that it had taken her a couple hours to finally wander to where she now found herself. The scent of rabbit reached her nostrils and she decided to follow it, maybe she would get lucky and be able to bring it home.

~Table by Switch
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Vami who has 488 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
Ravenna found herself out and about, merely wondering with no particular purpose. Perhaps she would come across some food to hunt, it scavenge something already captured, or even find a few more last bits of herbs before everything began to die off for the winter.. Ether way, she was content on merely strolling the Drooping Willows beyond her pack's territory, feeling no reasoning to go any further then this. She couldn't just stroll all day, after all. With a smaller pack, there might be less mouthes to feed but it also meant more work to be dispersed.

She caught the scent of Leotie before she did the hare, following after the girl's trail until she was in view to which then Ravenna offered a small bark in greeting. It had been a number of weeks since @Romanov had brought her into the infirmary for treatment and she was hoping the woman was making off well, she sure did look better after all. "Your looking better." She spoke aloud, allowing the other woman to know her new and improved look had not gone unnoticed.

(Medic 1/3).
(This post was last modified: Nov 15, 2017, 03:03 AM by Ravenna.)

Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

The scene of the Willow Trees was a much different sight than that of the blackened trees in the draw. It seemed peaceful in her new home which helped to quiet her mind and drive her anxiety down. Leotie could see why the founders of Willow Ridge had chosen this place for their pack. It had been the perfect place for her to recover from her months away from herself. That was what she called it anyway since she still wasn't entirely aware if what she had done in that time.

She didn't have high hopes for catching the rabbit whose trail she was in since she was so out of practice. Still it was better to try and not succeed then to not try at all. She used to be a good hunter, those skills had to still be in her somewhere.

The sound of a bark stopped her in the trail causing her to look behind her. Recognizing the wolf as Ravenna her tail wagged in greeting as a smile crossed her face. “Hello Ravenna and thank you, I feel a lot better too. I'm hoping soon I can get back to the things I do best.” She would still need a little time she knew but Leotie was sure that soon enough she would get able to work hard for the ridge like she wanted.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
Ravenna's tail waved in return, her own smile widening. It was good to see Leotie in better spirits. Her eyes were clearer, pelt had been kept back up and she seemed to be filling back out to a good weight again. Surely Sven was pulling double time to make sure there was enough for her to eat. After Ravenna's silent examination of her patient, her ears perked as a sign of interest to her words.

"And what is that? Have any set role in mind or just anywhere as needed?" Sven had always played the Jack is all trades type himself. He guarded alot, practiced hunting quite a bit while Elettra grew older, and had scouted for the pack. Ravenna's attention mostly went to tending to the members health and collecting herbs, though in her searches she snagged information and food and she could.

(Medic 2/3.)

Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

It had been a long road once Sven had brought her back to the ridge but Leotie was getting stronger everyday. Ravenna had been a big help in that and she was grateful for everything that had been done for her. She was glad to see the medic’s tail wagging and the smile across her face. More than anything Sven's family had truly made her feel welcome in Willow Ridge which helped her to feel like she was a part of something again.

“Back when I was in the draw I was working toward being a scout and I hunted a lot. I became pretty good at it. Working for the pack is what I do and I miss it, my paws are itching to get back to it but I know that I can't push myself too hard right now.” It was like when she had injured her paw, Leotie had to take it easy for a while to give it time to heal. This time her whole body needed to heal from what it had been through. She didn't want to make a mistake that could prolong her recovery.

Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
Ravenna listened as Leotie mentioned her liking to scouting and how she had also become good with hunting. Ravenna, like most wolves, enjoyed the hunt quite well though had found she was far better at taking down larger prey in group hunts then catching smaller, faster animals all her own. She was nothing of a bird catcher, not much of a fisherman ether... And things like mice or squirrel were far too little of food to waste the time and build such frustration.

"I would start slow, maybe mind the borders at first or watch over Romanov, just keeping your senses going. The run of the hunt or long haul of a scouting trip you might want to wait a while longer." She speaks this with a nod if her head, as though confirming to the woman her thoughts of taking it easy still were for the best. "And if you need something again for sleep, or stress, let me know." She still had some mushrooms and some herb to help her sleep, if needed.

She then turned her attention back out towards Leotie had been heading, taking a few paces and then pausing to see if her fellow pack mate would come along. "There is water nearby. Let's get you something to drink."

(Medic 3/3.)

Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

Talking about the things she used to do only made her miss it more, it has been something that has made her happy. In the bend and in the draw which surprised her considering her life before the lore. She used to get up with the sun and work until darkness had fallen and now she was up late and back to sleep early. So used to being in the move all day she hated having to be still in restrict her activity.

Ravenna only confirmed her thoughts about taking it easy, the agouti woman gave her packmates a nod. “Probably shouldn't find out where that rabbit went,” she joked, ”I've been doing small things to try and build my strength back slowly, get moving again,” she informed since Ravenna had been taking care of her she thought she should know. “But I will check in with Romanov, he's a good boy. I will come see you if I do need anything.” With her mind getting back to normal or what she felt was normal sleeping hadn't been too much of a problem but she worried that

Leotie watched as the medic took a few steps before turning back to her and gave a nod at her suggestion. “I could use something to drink and the walk will be good.”

Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
Ravenna listened to the woman as she went on, agreeing with her on what she needed to do to keep on track with getting herself back together and well. Ravenna had no doubt that Leotie would repay Willow Ridge back by working hard for it throughout the winter and a loyal member. After all, she was friends with Sven and Sven was a hard worker himself and did not quite have a taste for being around those who liked to take the easy way out.

As she took a brisk walk towards the streams around the edges of their home between here and the Rise, she figured she might get to know more of Leotie then just her health. "So how did you end up making it to the Lore in the first place?" She spoke with ears perked with curiosity.

Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

Leotie knew she could make a full recovery, she had done what it took before though there were days she was reminded of the injury to her paw. She had become strong during her time in the lore and as much as she distrusted the wolves of the draw now she knew a lot of the strength she'd gained was because of them. The orders to take things slow from Ravenna were ones she would heed. Leotie wanted to show the wolves of the ridge that she was worth their taking her in when she needed them most. Though part of her had to wonder if Sven would have let Nicolo turn her away.

She stayed next to Ravenna as they walked toward the water. She had some fatigue but it wasn't anything she couldn't work through. She'd learned after coming to the lore that sometimes you had to just grit your teeth and keep moving. Her blue eyes fell in the medic when asked how she'd come to the lore. Only three wolves knew the whole story but Leotie had proven to herself many times that she wasn't that pet anymore. “I got lost after getting out of my yard and stumbled into the lore,” she told waiting for the woman's reaction.