(See All?) Announcements
628 Users Online
Google, Nadine, Bing, Adora, Magg, Miriam

Head Above The Water — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Mimi who has 192 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Aleksei Baranski
Aleksei is at Hearthwood River's borders! All welcome, but pinging @Lachesis, @Matheo and @Risaela.
Scout Demonstration 1/3

Walking through Kingsfall again, Aleksei was actually feeling pretty excited. He originally wanted to come for the single purpose of seeing his youngest siblings, but the more he thought about it on the journey here, the more he realised he wanted to see Lachesis, ask him how he was. The pale medic had been an uncle to Aleksei, and the agouti Baranski knew he had to apologise for the way he left, explain to Lachesis just why he’d done what he did.

Coming to a halt at the borders, he lingered for a moment. What would the reaction be? Would Mathéo and Risaela be excited to see him? Would they want to? Aleksei licked his lips—what if they denied him his request to see Kisla’s youngest? His brows knitted as he shook his head. Throwing caution to the wind, Aleksei made up his mind without wasting another moment. It was now or never.

Tilting his head back, Aleksei called for the River wolves. His message was clear: he was here to discuss a joint pack hunt with Wild Rye Fields, and to see his young siblings—to keep his promise. Whether or not they would hear him out and greet him was up to them.
(This post was last modified: Oct 22, 2017, 09:31 PM by Aleksei.)
Let the roots & soil drink of me
Whispering leaves & pointing branches will tell them where I'm lying
Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
guardian Dem 1/3

Her trip had been good for her she was starting to feel a little better but most importantly she had not been spent don't so much time in her den. She'd even started teaching Oksana the things she would need to know for the future. She hadn't fully gotten back to her duties but she was working on it. There was something else on the Raven's mind as of late and that was the fading scent of Lorcan around the territory. He'd disappeared yet again on her and Oksana.

The tawny healers absence upset her more than she would let on to anyone. Especially after he declared his feelings to her and they told Oksama the truth of who her father was. She worried what this would do to Oksana and if her life would be destined to be the same as her own and Kisla's. Wolves always leaving her behind to deal with the aftermath.

Her thoughts were broken as a call that she'd hoped to never hear at her borders sounded through the territory. It sent the Ravens blood boiling and her paws moving. She charged her way through the trees until she found herself face to face with her brother. Head and tail high she growled out, “I told you not to come back here Aleksei, leave you are not welcome in Hearthwood.”

She didn't care that he was a rye wolf now and she didn't care what he had to say. This went beyond all of that, she had to protect her family from him.

~Table by Jacqueline
(This post was last modified: Oct 23, 2017, 04:55 PM by Inna.)
[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.

Inactive II. Subordinate
Aleksei Baranski
Of course she would be the first to arrive.

Aleksei closed his eyes for a brief moment (to collect himself) and inhaled deeply. Were he a human, he would have pinched the bridge of his nose. He heard Inna coming before he saw her, and when she finally emerged from the darkness, she was all hackles. Her voice was a growl, a warning, telling him to leave. He kept his gaze firmly levelled on her own and remained where he stood.

Aleksei Baranski was no coward.

“I remember calling for the leader of Hearthwood River,” he quipped. He’d have to keep his temper in check. The last thing he wanted to do was fly into a rage because Inna showed up looking like a featherduster that’d fallen off its stick. That wouldn’t exactly help Drestig, would it? “My business is with Lachesis—you can threaten me all you like, Inna. I’m not leaving.” To reinforce his point, Aleksei seated himself. His gaze remained fixed on her, unwilling to give her the chance to catch him by surprise. If she was really all that ruffled by his arrival, she might try to lunge at him, sink teeth into flesh. Somewhere, deep down, part of him scoffed. Let her try.
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
guardian dem 1/3

The call that sounded for the trees was one that Lachesis had not heard in quite some time. Not since the eldest Baranski announced that he was leaving the river, with nothing but a howl to signal his departure. His tail twitched, concern bubbling up inside his chest. He knew that Aleksei had joined the Rye wolves and had made a home out of the golden fields. Had something happened to them? Or was this merely just a friendly visit, to see his youngest siblings and catch up. A frown creased his white features as he took a step toward the borders, his paws hesitating. He feared the worst—as always—but he did not want to keep the tawny man waiting. While he had been disappointed to learn that the Baranski had chosen to leave Hearthwood behind, Lachesis felt no malice toward the boy. He had been like a nephew, or even a son, to the lanky ghost. No matter what had happened between Aleksei and the river wolves, XIX couldn’t help but care about him and his wellbeing. As far as he was concerned, they were family. Just like all the other Baranski’s (and Tainn’s).

His nose twitched as he caught scent of Inna, but he was not surprised. The raven was usually first to arrive at the borders, whether it be to greet loners or visitors from other packs. His pace quickened as he weaved through the trees, his strides becoming longer. He knew that the ebony Baranski was not fond of her brother so he worried what would happen in his absence. Lachesis did not want a fight to break out at the borders. Especially not between family.

“Inna,” he snapped, his teeth clicking together as he caught the tail end of her words, his head and tail raised high to show his dominance. Whatever her business was with Aleksei could be settled another day. The tawny Fields wolf had called for him, not Inna. For a reason. He approached the Baranski with a neutral expression, his eyes soft as they lingered on the scars across his pale features. “Aleksei,” he greeted with a curt nod, “it’s good to see you.” He emphasized his point because, frankly, it was good to see the younger male.

(This post was last modified: Oct 23, 2017, 11:31 PM by Lachesis.)
[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
guardian Dem 2/3

The last thing she needed was a visit from her brother yet there he was at her borders thinking that he was welcome there. She had given him a warning and she intended to keep up that promise. The Raven had to do what she could to protect her pack and her family especially her daughter from the wolf in front of her. Now she had told him to leave but he didn't seem to see this wasn't a joke. She'd had enough if her brother from broken promises to hurting her family and threatening the father of her child and all if his hypocritical accusations. If she never saw Aleksei Baranski again it would be too soon.

Any advances she wanted to make to ensure that he knew she was serious in her threat were stopped. Lachesis appeared snapping her name his teeth clicking together in emphasis. Her tail lashed behind her as she kept her orange gaze on the older Baranski. For a moment she stayed where she was despite the show of dominance from the pale leader. She sent a glare in Lachesis direction as he greeted the older Baranski as an old friend. Then she turned and fell back to Lachesis flank, hackles still raised and tail still lashing. She was furious, 'one day’ was the thought she had going through her mind.

~Table by Jacqueline
(This post was last modified: Oct 23, 2017, 04:56 PM by Inna.)

Inactive II. Subordinate
Aleksei Baranski
Scout Demonstration 2/3
A discreet smugness flooded Aleksei as Lachesis snapped at Inna for her behaviour, though his outward demeanour remained collected and civil. Frankly, it served her right—who did she think she was? Did she think that her word was law in these parts? Aleksei watched Inna with the slightest hint of a frown. Even now, she had the gall to stand her ground and even shoot her superior—her leader—a disdainful glare.

She really did think she could shit gold, didn’t she?

Dragging his gaze from her face, Aleksei nodded at Lachesis, offering a smile and lowering his posture, submissive in the presence of Hearthwood’s alpha male. “It’s good to see you too, uncle. I’ve come with a proposition from Drestig. Two of my pack mates have left the tundra, which leaves Wild Rye Fields in a bit of a predicament numbers wise. My leaders requested I ask if perhaps you’d be willing to band together with us for a hunt during the coming full moon?” If Lachesis agreed, the potential prey pool would be enormous! It was an exciting prospect, one Aleksei personally hoped the ghostly male would agree to.

“I also wanted to check up on you … how have things been? How …” he frowned, licked his lips nervously, “how are Mathéo and Risaela holding up?
(This post was last modified: Oct 23, 2017, 07:41 PM by Aleksei.)
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
guardian dem 2/3

He did not know where Inna’s arrogant and bold behaviour had come from, though it did not surprise him. Especially after hearing from Reyes what she had said to the leader of Wild Rye. The tip of his tail flicked in annoyance as he noticed her hackles were still raised. The last time Lachesis checked he was the leader of Hearthwood, with Lilya at his side, not the Baranski. Her venomous words meant nothing here, along with her personal feelings toward Aleksei. The ghost had been upset to learn of the tawny male’s departure from the river, but he understood. A wolf did not have to remain in their birthplace, not if they did not want to. There was a whole world outside of Hearthwood—even beyond the lands of Relic Lore. The woods of Kingsfall had grown grim over the last few years as death made a comfortable home among the towering redwoods. Lachesis had wanted to leave the river, too. He still did. With the wolves of the river… to start fresh, somewhere else, where the ghosts of their friends and family would not linger.

A single brow raised as the tawny male spoke, announcing the first reason behind his visit. Lorcán had disappeared once more, which meant the river numbers were starting to dwindle. Hunting with the wolves of the Rye meant they would be able to bring down more prey. He nodded slowly at the idea, a smile creasing his pale maw. “Yes, I think that’s a wonderful idea.” He was curious about who the two wolves were, but did not ask. It was not the time for that—not with Inna hovering at his side. “Let Drestig and Jessie know that we’d be happy to join Wild Rye on a hunt.”

Aleksei did not waste time in announcing the second reason behind his visit—which Lachesis had already assumed. His features softened as his head tilted slightly to the side, his ears pinned forward. “Things have been as good as they can be. We’re adjusting, but it was hard in the beginning.” He sighed, a worry line forming between his pinched brows. “They are doing well, considering. I think Risaela might miss the Fields,” he laughed, the corners of his eyes crinkling, “your pack treated her very well during her stay. “ 

(This post was last modified: Oct 23, 2017, 11:31 PM by Lachesis.)
[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
guardian Dem 3/3

The Raven could not believe how blind everyone was to Aleksei's betrayals and hypocritical behavior. How Lachesis could just treat him as if he'd never done anything wrong. She had to wonder if everything the pale leader had said about her brother the feelings that he'd expressed about him to her we're just lies to make her feel better. To make her believe that she had a friend in all of this when in truth she did not.

While she felt a hunt between the two packs would benefit both she still seethed at the exchange that was taking place before her. She had mixed feelings about helping but she would do it for her daughter to make sure Oksana was fed and made it through the winter. That was all she cared about now. Her daughter and her safety and she had to wonder if Hearthwood was the best place for the little smudge. If they couldn't understand her own feelings then how could they be expected to understand Oksana's. She didn't know if she wanted her daughter to continue to grow up in such a place.

The longer she stood there listening to the exchange the more betrayed she felt by the pale leader. She had to wonder about her place in Hearthwood and if there really was anything left for her there. With Lorcan gone, missing again, and her mother and father dead what really was left for her and her daughter?

Her orange gaze fell in the pale leader as she had to wonder about where she even stood with him any more?

~Table by Jacqueline
(This post was last modified: Oct 23, 2017, 04:57 PM by Inna.)

Inactive II. Subordinate
Aleksei Baranski
Scout Demonstration 3/3
Aleksei was relieved. There was no aggression from Lachesis, no visible signs of anger or threat. He also agreed to the hunt invitation, which caused the agouti Baranski’s tail to wag for a moment. Winter would not be so harsh alone, and it was a joy to know that Wild Rye Field and Hearthwood River’s alliance would stand strong, despite someone’s obvious hatred. Perhaps Aleksei and Inna were not so different—both were definitely quick to anger. It seemed neither had missed the temperamental Baranski gene. “I’ll let Drestig and Jessie know as soon as I get back.”

Of course, where the conversation had been pleasant, it quickly changed its tune.

With a sad smile, Aleksei nodded. He understood exactly what Lachesis meant. Adjusting to life without Kisla would be hard, just like it most likely had been for the pale medic to adjust to life without Maksim and Naia. Still, the tragedy had not stopped Lachesis from seeing the positives, nor had it prevented him from finding his laughter. Risaela missing the Field was … actually rather heart-warming. “She is welcome to visit any time,” he chuckled. “I’m sure the pups would be glad to see her.” Drestig and Jessie’s litter could be a handful, after all. “Mathéo, too. Personally, I’d love to be able to spend some more time with the both of them.” Perhaps that was pushing it too soon, but he wouldn’t ever know if he never asked.

Chartreuse eyes shifted to Inna, and Aleksei pursed his lips for a moment, brows knitted thoughtfully. Then, he spoke. “How is your and Lorcán’s kid?”
(This post was last modified: Oct 23, 2017, 07:40 PM by Aleksei.)