(See All?) Announcements
532 Users Online
Bing, Google, Nori

raise me from the dead — Turtleback Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
ALL WELCOME | Trick or Treat RE: The temperature drops suddenly, like you've walked into something totally surreal.

The ghost sauntered through the red giants of the Kingswood at a leisurely pace, as the sky above him was still dark and dotted with stars. There was a soft glow of light behind him, illuminating the dark trees as the sun threatened to spill over the edge of the horizon. Everything around him was calm, soothing even, but he—he was not.

His conversation with Aleksei still weighed heavy in the back of his mind, a constant nagging; gnawing. He had still yet to approach the younger, ebony Baranski for he was not sure how to string his words together—not yet. A frown cut deep into his dark lips, making the Arctic appear much older than he was. All his worrying was catching up with him. Making him feel more tired; more frustrated. He had yet to speak with his mate either, but he knew he had to. Even if it meant adding more worry to her already anxious mind. Between the both of them they carried enough stress, but it was never-ending. Just when things started to look like they were getting better they would crash back down, setting them back ten steps.

A sigh escaped him, heavy with the grief he carried inside of him.

Part of him still wished he had moved the back elsewhere—perhaps deeper into the forest, or by the shores of the lake he was heading to. Hearthwood had been his home for quite some time, but it no longer felt like a home. It was simply a place he occupied occasionally, when sleep dragged his weary paws back to the den he shared with Lilya and their twins, or when he needed to speak to one of his subordinates.

The trees began to part as he neared the sandy beach, his expression softening as the dim morning light caught the mirror-like surface of the water. Despite the serenity of the scene his woes did not loosen their grip. They remained, desperately gripping on to his thoughts, taunting him.

As he moved closer to the water the temperature dropped around him, so sudden that it nearly took his breath away. The Arctic stopped, his brows pinched tight as he surveyed his surroundings, the fur on the back of his neck standing up. It didn’t feel right but he couldn’t leave, for his paws remained rooted to the spot. For a moment, the lake became unfamiliar, as though he had stepped into a different place; a different lake. He gave his head a small shake, his fur bristling.  

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Hero who has 217 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
@Lachesis I couldn't pass this up!
i don't even know if i believe
Aurora Thanne

It seemed that the young Thanne had her favorite spots. Turtleback Lake had quickly become one of them, more so because of the serene beauty but also because nearby, in the thicket, housed a wolf she had begun to favor. She knew that trusting him with her heart was tricky, but she couldn't convince herself to think that @Aytigin would harm her, not when he had so easily befriended her. It was a childish though, naive at best, but she figured it was much easier to remain positive than linger on the what-ifs; the stress of it all.

She traveled the perimeter of the lake in silence, never expecting to see anyone in particular but half hoping that she was not the only soul wandering the territory alone. She needed company, craved it actually, and found herself wondering what the dark male was up to and whether he was thinking of her too. The thought vanished the moment her eyes fell on the ghostly form of Lachesis, his familiar scent and physique made her heart leap with joy but she knew that seeing him at this lake was not entirely good news.   "You mind if I join you Lachesis?" she spoke to her comrade, caution thrown to the wind only because she had enjoyed his company from previous.

The closer she came to him the colder the air surrounding him felt, as though ice were staking a claim over the lake, and for a brief moment she pulled backward from him, wondering where the drop in temperature had come from. She wondered if he had noticed it too, judging from the odd look in his eyes he mostly likely had and she moved near him just enough to feel the heat radiate from his thick winter pelt; the warmth felt good. "Is there a lot on your mind?" she asked without giving him a glance, already knowing the answer. Winter often brought with it more bad than good.

Graphics by Arya and Becuffin!

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
was hoping you'd jump in this

The unsettling feeling did not waver as the ghost lowered his hindquarters to the ground, his shoulders tense as he surveyed his surroundings. It didn’t feel right. This was not the lake he frequented so often—it was all wrong. The cold air consumed him, choking him, but remained, too distraught by his thoughts to abandon his favourite pool of water. Breathe, he told himself, his toes curling into the cool sand as he struggled to compose himself. It must be the weather. Fall was one of his least favourite seasons—a brutal mix of both spring and winter, only without the warmth that came with the former. Rain was usually on the forecast, dampening the lands of Lore along with the spirits of its inhabitants.

Fortunately for the ghost the sky remained dry—for now.

A familiar voice was thrown into the wind, alerting the pale medic of the girl’s presence. His ears cupped forward as he sought out the pale shape along the shore, a small smile cracking his stoic features. Of course not, he answered, attempting a light-hearted (and definitely not troubled) tone.

He welcomed the warmth that radiated from her thick, Arctic pelt, his chartreuse gaze studying her pale features as she spoke once more, a question hanging in the chilled air between them. A sigh tumbled off his tongue, his ears sweeping back. Always. Another sigh, his brows pinched in amusement: Is it that obvious? Had he gone greyer? Was he balding? 

(This post was last modified: Nov 17, 2017, 01:53 AM by Lachesis.)
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
I can never resist your threads ;D

Aurora Thanne

She inhaled the frigid air quickly, releasing it in a puff of smoke from her mouth and tasting the earthy scent of Lachesis on her tongue. It was a scent that brought back memories, though vague and somewhat fleeting, and this made her smile with satisfaction. No amount of bad weather could make her like this lake any less, especially when it contained within in a wolf that she happened to enjoy the company of. His voice was calm and collected, given the situation, but she knew that he felt otherwise and had confirmed it without speaking many words.  This lake had a way of pulling you to it, collecting all the built up stress and slowly rinse them away--at least it had always done so for her. "Kinda, sorta." she responded, knowing that he had been thrown off by her accurate assumption. Had he forgotten that he had told her that this was his favorite place to escape to, and she figured that happy wolves didn't need to escape very often. She could only hope that things were well in Heartwood.

"Is it anything you can discuss with me?" she wondered, knowing that pack business was often reserved  for those who could readily relate and considering that she hadn't aligned herself with a pack in years could disqualify her from partaking in pack politics. It didn't, though, mean that she didn't understand it nor did it mean that she couldn't sympathize with him. "or, if you want, I can just sit and listen." and she settled to her haunches, enjoying the heat from his body and the pleasure of resting her limbs. She would allow him to share with her as he saw fit, she was happiest in any role where she could simply please.

(This post was last modified: Nov 19, 2017, 06:30 AM by Rory.)

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

Kinda, sorta. Lachesis was certain he had a sign on his forehead that read I AM TROUBLED! in big block letters. Or maybe his worry lines had grown so deep they could be seen from the other side of the lake… Whatever the reason, the ghost was happy that the pale loner stumbled upon him in his dishevelled state. Typically it was his mate who found him when worry weighed heavy on his shoulders, which only fuelled her own anxiety and added to Lachesis’ already mountainous stress load. A sort-of stranger was a much better option to unload all of his woes onto.

Kinda, sorta.

They had only encountered each other once before, but XIX felt as though he was greeting an old friend—someone he had known much longer than a few months. His ears twitched at her question, his brows knitting together. Could he discuss his inner turmoils with the loner? He did not know if she was working for one of the neighbouring packs (or packs to-be). But, if she wasn’t, who would she tell?

Her offer was tempting. A sly grin worked its way onto his troubled features, his tail tucking tight around his coiled legs. Pack drama, he admitted, his ears falling back against his skull. You’re lucky you don’t have to deal with any, he added with a soft roll of his eyes and a small chuckle accenting his words. His shoulders sagged, a sigh exhaling from his chest. Being in charge isn’t always as glamorous as it looks. 

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
Aurora Thanne

Lachesis was partially correct, the worry lines on his face might as well spelled out the amount of trouble he was having in the pack. She felt sorry for him, no one wolf deserved that amount of weight on their shoulders but than again she had a;ways known the being a leader meant taking on more responsibilities that she wasn't willing to take on. "My dad was the alpha of Whisper Caverns and most would say that he wasn't very smooth around the edges. Growing up I would often wonder why. I understand now that he was constantly worried about and protective over his family." being in charge of a family unit and keeping feelings in check often meant neglecting your own and clearly Lachesis was well overdue for some personal time. "It didn't make him any less of a wonderful dad that he didn't smile very often, in fact I trusted him more because he was more honest and upfront." she had never told @Ash that tidbit personally, but than again she had never been given the opportunity to make things right.

He wasn't making pack life out to be that glamorous and yet Rory knew why and didn't take his comment as face value, instead she forced a smile and nudged him lightly on the shoulder, as if to say I get what your saying, before finishing up with her own comments. "You make leading a pack look well, even if you try to tell me otherwise." she said, hoping that somewhere along the lines, she could cheer him up. "so tell me, what would you rather be doing than leading? I know what I would be doing than scavenging for food everyday," and she looked at him, eyes wide and bright with excitement. "I would love to visit every pack and meet as many wolves as I can, I truly believe that every wolf has their own story to tell." she wasn't the most social of wolves and it could take some prying to get information out of her but when she was into a wolf it showed and the connection was fairly hard to break.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

His chartreuse gaze fell to the pale girl at his side as she spoke, mentioning the name of a pack he had not heard in quite some time. He gave a soft nod to show that he understood and agreed with what she had said. To say that the Stark was constantly worried about and protective over his family was an understatement. There was not a minute—or even second—that Lachesis did not think of his family, or his packmates. He constantly fretted over their safety and the survival of the pack. To honour the memories of his fallen friends and ensure that Hearthwood continued to thrive and grow. Your dad sounds like my kind of guy, he mused aloud with a lopsided grin, his pear coloured gaze still focused on his pale companion. Maybe even a little like Askan, or Reyan.

It was no wonder he got along with the grumpy couple so well.

Thank you, he responded as he returned his attention to the still water before him. The ghost listened to her patiently, his expression still soft; neutral. Sometimes the Stark wished he, too, could travel at his leisure. Visit the other packs and meet as many wolves as possible. Collect herbs for days. See every nook and cranny of the Lore. But his responsibilities, and his family, kept him tied to the north. It wasn’t what I signed up for. I had no intentions of leading a pack, but the former leader passed and I was next in line. He sighed, his shoulders sagging. I’ve seen a lot of the Lore. From the south, to the west, and now the north. But I’ve always felt like there’s still more to see. He paused, turning back to the girl. But, I have a family here. Obligations. It’s not what I had planned for myself, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. It’s just a little exhausting sometimes. He offered her a tired smile, his tail thumping against the cold ground. 

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
Aurora Thanne

She smiled at his compliment, hoping that he would understand that she had given a example of her father for his own sake and not in a attempt to lead the topic in a different direction. She knew the pack politics were dragging him down and the last thing she wanted to do was add more fuel to the fire. It didn't take the pale leader to add his own desire to the mix and she found herself beaming from ear to ear at the admission that he too wanted to venture the land and never wanting to actually lead a pack. Circumstances had changed his future and she was sure that although he hadn't asked for it, leadership had helped him in so many ways."That sounds rough. I'm sorry about the death of your previous leader. she started, glancing into the eyes of the leader and smiled at thoughts of the many happy things he had in his life to thank because of his new position. "I'm sure your children are happy to have their father as leader. Your mate, I'm sure that she is happy that you are never too far away that she has to worry about you. And what about your members, I am sure they are glad to have you step up during those unexpected times." and those were just the minor things she was positive he had experienced since becoming a leader. There was no doubt more. "I am free to see the world as I please but I do not have a family to come home to, no one is particularly excited to see me when I enter their land and I do not have children proud that I am the hero they possibly look up to. Sometimes I wish I could have your problems, but instead I have miles of land ahead of me and stories that I can share with strangers I may never see again." in so many words, she was lonely. With that off her chest she stood to her full height, bumping into the leader ever so slightly and said, "are you any good at fishing?" she was sure that the lake had plenty if they went deeper.

(This post was last modified: Dec 12, 2017, 09:13 AM by Rory.)

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

The pale ghost shrugged at her apology, dismissing her words with a soft smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. Maksim’s death, while untimely like his mate’s, had been an inevitable part of growing older. It had been cut short by infection, but there was nothing the healer could have done to turn things around. Death would come when it was ready, not when the wolf was. Lachesis had learned that the hard way over his time spent in the lands of Lore. There was no fighting death when it came to claim its prize. He bumped her shoulder at her words, his ears sweeping back at her words of praise. I suppose you’re right, he murmured in response, his tail swaying gently behind him. If you ever get lonely you know where to go, he added, his chartreuse gaze sweeping over to her pale frame. Hearthwood would welcome you with open paws. And he would cater to her needs, allowing her to pursue the role of a scout or runner. Anything that would keep her paws moving so she could continue to see the land.

Fishing? He flashed her a wicked grin as he stepped forward, water cascading around his large paws. Of course, he scoffed in response, a single brow arched. Fishing had been one of the few skills he had arrived in Relic Lore with, aside from healing. He waded in further, his steps slow and careful as his peridots focused on the water stretched out before him, searching for a flash of silver beneath the surface…