(See All?) Announcements
303 Users Online
Google, Bing, Aquene, Nadine

Smile for the Camera — Windsong Fjord 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Askan sent the loner a deadpan stare. Was he kidding?Was this his idea of a joke? A game? Really? Porcupines weren't the sort of creature Askan would mess with for the fun of it. He didn't want to get cut by one of its many spines, if he was looking for a fun little critter, why didn't he try a mouse? Or something equally as harmless.

"Even if there is, is it even worth the effort?"He asked, feeling as though he was stating the obvious."There are plenty of things around to eat, you just have to know where to look. We're at the Fjord, there are plenty of fish around, if you're any good at that sort of thing."

Which was to say, Askan was the worst fisherman about. The two times he'd tried he'd done terribly. The first he'd gotten into a fight, and the second his mate-who hadn't been so at the time- had to drag his arse out of a fast flowing river. Yeah...Fishing was not his idea of a good time. Not by a long stretch. But he knew that not everyone was a screw up like he was, some wolves were pretty damn good at it, from what he heard. So maybe this loner was too.

Not that he really cared.

"Why are you here anyway?"He asked, with his usual squint.

[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Played by Hex who has 95 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Reid Arwood
Reid simply ignored the stare that he was given. If the other wolf wanted to think that he was crazy for searching out one of the prickly critters that was fine and dandy with him. It also wouldn't change the fact that, know that he knew they could be about, he was going to go off and find one as soon as the two of them were done chatting. He wasn't sure it would be that easy though, yet it wasn't like he had anything else to do at the moment than entertain himself with the dirt wolf.

Reid couldn't help but laugh at the others first comment. Are you trying to say that practicing a hunting technique is useless? Sure there are other things to eat and yes I know a bit enough about fishing to get by but what happens if you can't find a fish? Or, a mouse or rabbit? Then your starving and what if the only thing you can find is a porcupine are you going to let it go because it has spines or are you going to try and kill it? Reid gave a rather toothy grin. I know what I would do. He would kill it simple as that, but he would rather have a method he knew under his belt first before he tried it out of desperation. He might like fun and games but there he did have reasons for what he did even if they seemed like odd to others.

As for the reason I'm here... Reid thought about it for a moment before responding with a shrug. My paws led me here that's all.
Why am I getting too close to your pack or something?
The last part was asked with a tip of his head. Maybe that was the reason for the question? If not Reid wasn't sure what the dirt wolf was getting at but if he wanted to say something he should just spit it out.
[Image: upside_down_reid_by_silversnake54-dbvgofa.png]
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

The guy had a point, but still Askan refused to back down. He didn't want to give the guy the satisfaction of being right, nor did he want to have to deal with the smug little smile he'd no doubt wear. So instead, Askan merely huffed and rolled his eyes with such a dramatic flair he'd be right at home on the west end stage.

"I don't think they'd taste good. All stringy and ugh...I'd rather go without. Not worth the effort."

As for his second point, well Askan couldn't fault him for that. Sometimes he got itchy feet too. Having a home was wonderful and all but...It felt good to stretch his legs, to feel the burn in his muscles as the wind tugged at his coat. Being the Guardian of the Field meant he couldn't roam as much as he wanted. After all, whenever he didn't tend to the borders something bad seemed to happen. Aka, Percy went missing and some thugs raided their caches.

"You're not."Askan told him, as a bit of a frown tugged at his lips. He used to be so cagey, defensive, especially if he saw those he didn't like roaming near his home...And yet, a loner like this? It was fine. He was a cautious sod but even he knew sometimes he had to let things go."It's on the edge of the tundra. Well marked, can't miss it. Just mind your manners and you won't have any problems, you hear?"

Inactive No Rank
Reid Arwood

Regardless if the other would admit it or not Reid knew that he was right. The more you practiced how to hunt the better you got, that was how it worked. He just kept smiling as the other huffed and rolled his eyes while explaining that they wouldn't be worth the effort. Reid grinned. How do you know there stringy? Unless you've actually had one before? He really doubted it seeing as how he had just said that they weren't worth the effort but he wanted to poke his buttons just a bit if he could without actually getting too into it.

As for why he had meandered here...It wasn't because he wanted to wander, he simply didn't have that urge. No, he had left because of his brother but he doubted that wolf in front of him wanted to hear about how his brother had plans to become Alpha and how the two of them hadn't quite gotten along. No, he really didn't think that dirt wold wanted to hear that so whatever conclusion he had brought himself to he could keep it.

I'm always polite. Reid remarked with a rather large smile. No, he wasn't. He just had no reason at the moment to not be. He had no issue with the wolf in front of him or his pack. He didn't even know this particular wolf's name just as he didn't know Reid's and unless specifically asked it would stay that way. In any case, I'll keep an eye out if I head that way, at the moment I'm just going wherever I feel like as long as it isn't claimed. Which he hadn't exactly planned where he was going next but wherever he went he hoped that there would be something amusing to entertain himself with.

Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
One more from Reid then a fade?

"Because if something looks stringy then it usually is, duh."Out of all the arguments-or rather debates-he'd had this one had to be amongst he most pointless. The loner seemed to be enjoying the banter, but the same couldn't be said for the Selwyn. This was tedious at best and waste of time at worst.

He claimed to always be polite but Askan didn't believe him, nor did he try to smother the scoff that passed from his lips. Yeah, he'd believe that when he saw it, which would be never as he had no intentions of hanging around the guy. It wasn't anything personal, he certainly wasn't the worst of the worst, but Askan had far better things to do. Going home was at the top of his list as of then, this loner was at the bottom.

"Well, yeah. There's a lot of empty space out here, just use your nose and you won't piss any of the locals off."He shrugged, that was about the best piece of advice he could give at this point. "See you about, or not.And, thanks for the offer... I guess." He hadn't accepted his help, but he supposed a brief show of gratitude wouldn't go amiss. At least this way he wouldn't appear like a total arsehole.

With that he turned and headed back the way he came, the throbbing in his paw fading with every footfall.

Inactive No Rank
Reid Arwood

Oh yes he did enjoy this roundabout talk they were having. So many ways to poke the wolf in front of him and some of the reactions where interesting. They seemed to mostly revolve around being annoyed, baffled, and irritated. How long before those emotions ran out though and gave way to something more interesting? He might want to pester the other wolf all day but honestly, he wasn't sure how much longer the dirt male was going to tolerate him. Annoying things could only be stood for so long.

At the mention of always being polite, the dirt wolf scoffed in disbelief. Reid continued to smile waiting to see if the other wolf was going to tell him off and try and force him to confess or if he would leave it be. Apparently, he was going to leave it be because he didn't say anything on the subject but went on to explain that all he had to do was follow his nose and just that would keep him out of trouble. It was his turn to scoff. Simple borders wouldn't keep some wolves from creating trouble outside of the land they had claimed.

The dirt wolf was quick to say his thanks for the help and that he might see him around or not. Reid didn't respond back as he watched the other walk off at a steady pace. Apparently, the dirt wold wasn't going to amuse him for the rest of the day. Sighing Reid glanced around and picking a direction he set off hoping to find a porcupine while wondering what tomorrow might bring and if he would ever see the dirt wolf again.

-Fade-

(This post was last modified: Nov 11, 2017, 06:45 AM by Reid.)