If we don't stay lit — Fireweed Rise 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 879 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
@Celandine first please
It's like we burn so bright we burn out
Morganna Archer

The rise wasn't much to look at this time of year but all she had to do was close her eyes and the hills were covered with rolling red flowers. A soft smile was on her face as she took a moment, wrapping herself up in a feeling she hadn't experienced for over a year. This had always been her favourite place. Sure the tundra was nice, but it wasn't the rise, and maybe she had been homesick for these rolling hills all along. She opened her eyes, leaning into her companion's flank with a small smirk, "Feels good ter be back."

[Image: hashtags-skollmorganna02.png][Image: hashtags-morgannarenier.png]
Played by Pinn who has 460 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Celandine Argyris

Celandine moved beside her companion, drinking in the familiarity of her surroundings. She wondered if the Lore knew they were back, if it felt their presence and welcomed them home, or if it trembled beneath their paws. Either way, they were back and they would make it theirs, bend it to their will, accomplish the things that they should have done the last time around. 

If memory served her right, which it usually did, then there was a mountain to the East, a tundra to the North, and a few loose ends that needed tying nearby. A small smile played at the corner of her lips as @Morganna leaned into her. "Here's to hoping that we'll still be saying that a year from now." Or even a few months...

(This post was last modified: Nov 08, 2017, 07:07 AM by Celandine.)
Have you seen my OOC preferences?
[Image: YCWYGS9.png]
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
I wanna make some mistakes
Morganna Archer

It was pure chance that had bought them back together and yet here they were still. Of course she would have to travel north eventually, probably even sooner than later if she wanted to meet her children where she told them she would, but for now she was simply content to be. "We should figure out where we're gonna set up." They hadn't really discussed that far yet. "Th' caverns should still be empty? or we could head ter th' lagoon..." As much as the thought of having to deal with Mr Grumpy Gills chilled her blood she was fond of the body of water itself. A brow raised as she waited to see if Celandine would have any suggestions of her own to add for consideration, or if she was content to go with it for now.

Inactive No Rank
Celandine Argyris

Hush Meadow was a better option logistically, but she supposed that the Lagoon made more sense in the long term. A large water source was bound to attract large prey, as opposed to the smaller creatures scurrying about the caverns. That wasn't the only charming feature, of course. The nearest pack was quite the distance away, surrounding forest was cozy, and they would be able to keep to themselves for a while. "I fear that the Caverns would have less to offer us once the kids find their way here." If they even decided to come at all.

"The Lagoon is likely the safer bet for now, and we can always move later on." To be honest, Celandine couldn't have cared less where their journey began. For now, she was content to let the current take her.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A young deer has been separated from the rest of its herd. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
I wanna make some mistakes
Morganna Archer

A broad smile crossed her face, "True, could'yer imagine tryna keep Bojay and Sterling outta those tunnels?" And she couldn't shake the memory of the void from her mind either. What if the caverns led to tunnels full of water too? She covered her discomfort with a dry chuckle and by parting her jaws to rake them across her companions muzzle teasingly. She expected the larger woman to avoid the gesture entirely with a simple jerk of her head. They stood on equal footing but that never stopped Morganna from trying to get one over her companion whenever she could, just for old times sake.

Inactive No Rank
Celandine Argyris

Celandine couldn't stop the giggle that poured out of her throat at the thought of all the trouble those kids would find themselves in. "I suspect they might find their way to them anyway." The caverns weren't that far, and if there was trouble to be had... well they'd be there.

Morganna's chuckle drew Celandine's gaze just in time for her to see the parted jaws heading straight for her. There was, of course, a time when the pale woman would have submitted herself to the smaller female, would have let those teeth wrap around her own muzzle, but that was a different time. 

A smirk painted the corner of her lips as she ducked out of Morg's reach, and shoved herself lightly into the smaller woman's shoulder. "You'll have to be quicker than that."

Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
what if we're a closing window?
Morganna Archer

Celandine was right of course, "Maybe we should try'n close 'em off before they get here?" her tone was serious but there was a smirk on her face. Of course it would be an impossibility between the two of them. But a girl could dream.

She tilted her head to the west, if they were heading to the lagoon, well there was no time like the present to get on their way. "D'yer think Maeve'll follow th' kids?" She herself, wasn't even quite sure if Renier would be joining them. Torbine seemed to suit him if she had to be honest, but Morganna just couldn't bring herself to be a follower for long.

Inactive No Rank
Celandine Argyris

The smile on Celandine's face was an easy one, something she had once struggled with. "Oh I'm sure we could think of something." Short of collapsing the cave-an impossibility in and of itself-there was nothing to be done. 

Instinctively, her amber gaze followed Morganna's as if she'd turn to see them all bounding over the horizon. Maeve was supposed to be with them, but before their departure the greyscale woman seemed unsure. It was to be expected. She had never had any sort of stability before Torbine, and leaving meant being thrust into the unknown. "I'm not sure. I'd like to think so." It couldn't be helped though. If she chose to stay, then she chose to stay.

"Do you think that the kids will make their way to us?" Her question wasn't whether or not they'd survive long enough to find them, but rather once they'd had a taste of independence, if they would still want to find them. Morg had done a wonderful job of raising them to self-reliant, but had she done too good of a job?

Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
wait for me to come home
Morganna Archer

She had to laugh, "Make a good ghost story don'cha'think? The caverns collapsed an' flooded and the only way anyone ever found out was when th' bodies started floatin' in th' marsh..." Had she hands she would have wiggled spirit fingers but she had to make do with a goofy tone of voice and by pulling funny faces. "We'll have ter come up wi' some more b'fore they get here." After all, telling them about the monstrous sturgeon was only likely to drive her children into the lagoon to try and chase it out, but maybe that wouldn't be all bad either. "C'mon, your go, wha'cha got?"

(This post was last modified: Nov 14, 2017, 07:18 AM by Morganna.)