579 Users Online
Google, Bing

ribbons and bows — Swift River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 19 posts.
Inactive
Artionis "Arti"
Evening, Light Snow, 7°F (-14°C)

Perhaps she had been a bit too foolish. She had never spent a winter alone and the white flakes dropping from the sky were a sign the cold season would soon be truly upon the lands. What was she to do out here? Would she make it alone or would she have to find somewhere to bunker down? Arti sighed woefully as she moved alongside the river. It was good to be near water even if it might freeze.

Her body moved about with ease. Despite her worries, she was not rushing through the grove. There was no point in wasting energy that she would more than likely need later. Besides, Arti would need to find somewhere to bed down soon unless she was interested in traveling through the freezing night.
Played by becuffin who has 879 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
wait for me to come home
Morganna Archer

Morganna had taken her time coming back from the Tundra. The weather, she suspected, would improve the further south she travelled but contrary to her hopeful opinion it had followed her, every damn step of the way. Never thick enough to blanket the ground but enough to add an icy chill to the air and get in her ears and eyes and nose. It had left her in a rather foul mood as she considered just whether or not her children would make it over the mountain before the journey became to treacherous.

She had intended to go to the lagoon, but just like her last journey south she found herself standing in the Grove instead, as if the willows themselves were magnetically pulling her towards them. She snorted with a shake of her head. This wasn't the time to be getting sentimental, she was just waiting for her children to arrive, and it would help to test them to make sure her trails were thick and numerous, so see if they would be foolish enough to be drawn in the wrong direction.

[Image: hashtags-skollmorganna02.png][Image: hashtags-morgannarenier.png]
Inactive
Artionis "Arti"
Black ear flicked softly at the sound of a snort. Arti did not recall the scent of any deer, boar or elk to make such a sound. Silver specked brows pinched together with thought before settling. Well if it was something - or someone - like herself then surely they would respond if she called out. "Hello?" Her youthful and soft voice called out. Arti's orange eyes looked around, likely missing the brown woman in the shadows cast by the setting sun.

She did not fret too much, though. Artionis had never been a violent type but she did understand one thing about attacks. It was rather silly to give up your position with a sound before you made a move - or so she thought. The girl was thoughtful but never about those things.

For now she would halt any further movement. She would do her best to be as still as the stones along the river and collect small flecks of snow on her face and back.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
M tag for mild language
wait for me to come home
Morganna Archer

A simple hello was enough to tell Morganna the wolf meant no harm (not that she was worried if they did). It was difficult to see through the thick trees and failing light, and it didn't seem the wind was on her side so pale eyes narrowed falling on a spot that was darker than the rest and she chuffed a greeting while manoeuvring so she would be easier to see through the vegetation. "Ther'y'ar." she called, sounding rather piratey for a wolf, lazy smirk crossing her face as she weighed up the younger wolf. No threat, so she moved closer with a wave of her tail. "Wish th' snow would piss off back up'ter th' north already, I'm not ready ter be this cold jus' yet."

Inactive
Artionis "Arti"
"Ther'y'ar."

Arti's head moved towards the direction of the voice. Orange eyes soaking in the lighter furred woman. The yearling said nothing as she came closer, simply sitting in the silence for a few moments. She had no reason to fear the female or find her to be a threat. In fact, Arti was rather curious. The accent had been strange - not one she had heard before. If anything this could be her chance to finally learn something exciting and new.

"Oh," The dark girl said softly as her eyes looked around. "I was kind of thinking the same thing." She admitted as orange eyes focused back to her company. Of course, she wouldn't word it like the stranger had but to each their own. Artionis was the last wolf to be judgemental about something. "This will be my first winter....alone that is." A shy smile tugging at her lips, not sure if she should be feeling nervous or proud.
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
wait for me to come home
Morganna Archer

At a guess she'd think the girl was of an age with Odin and Kara, and this would be their first winter without her too, though Kara would find all the shelter and support she needed in Torbine and Odin would be able to lean upon the Monadnock wolves. The quirk of the girl's lips showed a determination that Morganna could appreciate, "Most loners find a pack ter crash in fer th' winter, or at least team up with some others. Yer gonna go th' whole season alone?" She was testing the waters, putting out subtle feelers. She might be able to offer her some support, but she didn't want to take away from the young girl's (supposedly) new found independence. She would have to manoeuvre carefully.

Inactive
Artionis "Arti"
Truthfully, Arti appreciated the peach-eyed female telling her what most loners did. The midnight and silver girl didn't know the ways of a loner or even knew much about the world outside of her home. "Well, I suppose that's sort of the goal." Her shy smile threatening to grow into something more bubbly. "Of course I'll keep my options open. Don't want to not make it through my first season alone." A soft chuckle rolled forth from the female. Oh, how sad her parents would be if she never made it home again! Even if it was only to tell them how her trip went.

"Name's Artionis but I usually go by Arti." Arti was a far more comfortable name for the girl but she liked giving others options. Never was the dark female one to limit others.
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
wait for me to come home
Morganna Archer

She tucked the name away for future reference, "I'm Morganna Archer, I was born around 'ere so I probably know it better'n some." There was a half smile on her face as she continued, "I'll be hangin' out around th' lagoon west o' 'ere wi' some friends if yer get stuck or jus' want an ear." It was then that the wind carried to them the scent of something tasty, laced with the almost ever present undertones of feline. "Til then though, looks like dinner might'o jus' fallen inter our laps..." She began to track the scent, simply expecting the loner to join her. she had said our after all.

Inactive
Artionis "Arti"
Her tail waved behind her with ease at the offer from this Morganna Archer. "I'll keep that in mind. Thank you, Morganna." Arti's lips pulling into a warm smile. West of here was the vague direction she'd take if she did decide she wanted to group up. If they were anything like the peach-eyed woman, Arti wouldn't mind sticking with them.

Silver tinted brows raised for a moment. She lagged behind for a moment before swiftly moved on to trail after Morganna. The smell of deer was strong with the undernotes of Lynx. It made her fur dance upwards as her tail found a place to hide between her hocks. What if it was still lurking nearby? Had it had its fill or did it plan on coming back for seconds? "You think it's safe?"