(See All?) Announcements
457 Users Online
Google, Bing, Apollo, Nadine, Adelard

Sic transit gloria mundi — Laurel Thicket 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Alice who has 251 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn
 RE:The nearby plants sparkle with autumn frost.
All welcome!

Elias had seen far more of the world than he'd ever anticipated.

Aside from the various scouting and diplomatic missions his uncle had sent him on, Elias hadn't ventured down from the mountain's heights all that often. At the time he'd preferred it that way, the clan had everything he'd wanted and needed, so why would he want to leave? But things had changed and necessity had forced him to leave time and time again. First in an attempt to get help, to foil the so called rebellion before too much damage had been done. Then the second, when he'd realised that all hope was lost, that the death toll was in the dozens, maybe even higher. After all, who knows how many of his clan mates had been chased down and gutted like vermin?

And now the third time, of which he'd simply left to try and pick up the pieces of a poorly executed plan.

It could be worse, right? He paused in his lumbering steps, struggling to think of a bright side to all of this. Umm? Elias hurriedly glanced about, looking for anything to make this whole trip worthwhile. Aside from achy legs and a rumbling stomach he had very little to show for all of his efforts. Thuban was still nowhere to be found and honestly, things weren't going quite to plan. A tightness formed in his throat as he pressed his lips in a thin line, anything to stop them from wobbling-like he was about to cry.

No, he was okay. Everything was okay. It wasn't perfect, even he couldn't convince himself of that, but with patience he would prevail! With patience he could focus and find @Thuban and bring him back home. Raina would be so proud, she'd admit that she'd been wrong all along, that Thuban was worth their time and attention. Just as Elias had insisted all those weeks ago.

It wasn't all doom and gloom anyway! The bare trees surrounding him shone like stars as the midday sun bounced off their branches. It was pretty! Really pretty, so much so that he couldn't help but stop and take a moment to inspect them. The world seemed to take pity on him-and his sorry state-as out of the corner of his eye he spotted a hole in the ground, a den ready and waiting to be slept in!
[Image: untitled_1_by_gabrielledelyon-dbu4sbc.png]
[Image: teamselwyn_2_by_marthypie-dcq9co4.png]

Played by Switch who has 389 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
It's in the eyes I can tell you will always be danger

The first time this forest had been empty he'd been about the same age as his own children. Fear had hung like a thick coat. Taima had been unaccounted for, and they were finding more animals crazy with sickness. He had protested departing without their sister. His sadness and  hopelessness drawing out in lashing anger. Borden decided to stay, continue the search. Uncle Angier had found the words to try to settle the hearts, keep them moving. Later he had run off to look for himself. That was years ago.

Now, he felt a bit of the same sadness. What had happened? Where had they gone? But, the trees could not speak. He wasn't quite to the old boundary. In this part of the forest mountain laurel was thick, and he was skimming through memories. The sudden scent of a stranger brought the red hairs along his neck in a sharp ridge. Eyes skimming, while he took a hesitant step. It was mostly because of his nose, he was able to look in the right direction. A large, blond wolf by his lonesome. Had he been part of Grizzly Hollow? Renier really had no idea, and already the muscles in his jaw clamped. It'd be easy to turn around and leave him alone. But, he could not. "Am I intruding?"

[Image: ps_sig_by_becuffin-dc2lwrc.png]
Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn

Sniffing and snuffing at the dens floor, Elias didn't realise that he had company until it was too late. At the sound of the voice Elias flinched and like a right donkey, he smacked his head against the dens roof. Ouch! With a pathetic whine and a lot of wincing, he backtracked till he was out in the open of the thicket. Whoever had dug out the den clearly lacked foresight! In fact, that was a rule that applied to most wolves, in Elias' humble opinion. He'd knocked his head so many times he'd lost count, either cause it had been so many or well...Because the memory had been walloped out of him.

The point was, was it too much effort to make the roof higher? Pretty please?

Better late then never, Elias eventually turned to the stranger and offered him an apologetic smile. Elias had never been been any good at making first impressions, it seemed as though this trend wasn't going to stop anytime soon. Ah well.

As embarrassing as this was, Elias knew that it could be a whole lot worse. For one, the stranger could have been a total nut job, he could have crunched on his tail or bitten his bum when he hadn't been looking! But nope, he'd simply asked a perfectly reasonable question. A gentleman if Elias had ever met one.

"Not at all! I was just having a nose."He explained, his eyes crinkling around the corners as he smiled, his tail wagging steadily behind him."I thought I'd hit the jackpot but...the roof is too low. I hit my head. A midget must have made it."He said, and like a right goof he laughed at his joke, like it was the funniest thing he'd ever heard.

Once his giggles were over and done with the heavy weight of shame settled back into his chest. Laughing like that wasn't doing anything for his image. The stranger probably thought he was a right idiot, after all what sort of guy laughed at his own joke? Not even a very good one at that.

"Sorry, think I might have hit my head a little too hard there."He shrugged, hoping that would help smooth things over."My name is Elias, sir."

Played by Switch who has 389 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
It's in the eyes I can tell you will always be danger

The man half disappeared. Curiosity brought the Lyall closer. So much for timing. He accidentally startled the man, and he now fumbled to get out. Renier had assumed the hole had been small just because the wolf made it look so. As he finally got situated out in the open, closer the loner was on the tall side. What had made him think he could fit in there? But, asking that question might as been about as nice as calling him an idiot.

Of good nature he explained himself. While Renier did not join to laugh there was a hint of a side grin. For himself or this guy was anyone's guess.

"If it's shelter you seek, might try southwest. You follow the creek, and eventually see a bluff. There's plenty of holes to choose from."

Maybe, Ren hadn't been grinning. The other apologized for his behavior. The Lyall shrugged his shoulders, a shake of his head. He knew he hadn't been scowling or gawking at him like he was some crazy creature. What else could he do?

Upon the word sir he laughed. "No need for that. Renier work just fine." He had wanted to say he wasn't that old, but thought better of it since he wasn't far from six.

"Is it really shelter you're looking for?" He looked to be a pretty healthy fellow, what was he doing alone?

(This post was last modified: Nov 28, 2017, 06:34 PM by Renier.)
[Image: ps_sig_by_becuffin-dc2lwrc.png]
Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn

"Ahh."His cheeks flushed red as his ears swiveled to press against his skull.

So embarrassing,  but at least the stranger wasn't unreasonable. He seemed nice, even. Yet another goodie, wasn't Elias fortunate? After all, he knew that good men and women were few and far between these days.

"Well...I'm not really looking...for shelter that is. I just happened upon it and thought I'd have a nose. It's not a biggie that I can't fit. But I'll keep that in mind sss-Renier."

He'd only just managed to stop himself, but in the process ended up hissing like a snake. He wasn't making a good first impression was he? Oh well, he'd never been good at those anyway, he'd just have to keep being nice and friendly, as always.

"I'm looking for a friend actually."He said, an earnest smile dawning on his face. He was so glad he'd asked, sometimes it got a little awkward bringing it up time and time again."His name is @Thuban. He's pretty short, smaller than you, brown with yellow eyes, bright as the sun....but not mean. He's good, I think he just got lost. I've been asking around but it seems like no one has seen or even heard of him...Not really sure where else to look."He admitted with a feeble shrug.