(See All?) Announcements
393 Users Online
Apolline, Bing, Oleander, Google, Juniper, Apollo

he don't try at all — Aurora Heights 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 77 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Summiter
Not sure if this would be easier to take place before hunt fiasco or after? so vague.

Summiter
look what you made me do

He had plans to get well acquainted with everyone. It wasn't just to find use for them, but he genuinely wanted to know everybody. Where better to start than his other leader @Kyna ?

With the faint light of morning he had followed her trail. Assuming she was on morning patrol. When he finally caught sight of her, from a distance he could already see she was stunning. He'd never seen such a coat that reminded him of the leaves in autumn. But, it shouldn't surprise him Greer had impeccable taste. Ambling behind her, he was almost overawed of actually disrupting her and forming a sentence. His Uncle hadn't had a mate, so his mother was the only queen he'd spoken to. That hadn't been weird nor anxiety inducing. Okay he was just overthinking or maybe under-thinking this.

"Hey," he finally called to her, shuffling his paws faster. "Need some help?" He asked, hoping she might have something specific he could do for her.

"I mean, not that you need it. But, I'm not a lazy freeloader."

(This post was last modified: Nov 14, 2017, 05:17 PM by Summiter.)
Played by Ace who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kyna Argyris Archer

“Hello!”

Kyna lifted her head up, eyes falling on the most recent addition to their pack. She still really hadn’t gotten to know the man, though he’d made quite the impression at the little kerfuffle down by the willow trees. Her tail remained low, with no desire to exert dominance, swaying easily behind her as she waited for Summiter to catch up. “No one said you were a lazy freeloader.” Her mouth slanted sideways in curiosity. “But I wouldn’t mind some help. The snow has made tracking a little more difficult. I was trying to find the game trails we could count on this winter.”

Once he joined her, the alpha put her nose back to the ground, starting her process all over again. Some of the animals had migrated south before the snow – but the goats remained, it just took some time to find them. “At the willows – why did you defend me?”

Resources by freepik.com, table by Kydnt
Inactive No Rank
Summiter
Summiter
look what you made me do

There was a warmness to her, and it melted any remaining tension."No, but can't tell me no one thinks it when there's a noob," he catered back with an open mouthed smile. Thank the heavens she did have a task. Tracking was one of his fortes. "I can try. Goats and or sheep?" Those were animals he was familiar with, but he wasn't sure if they were obtainable here or not. Was there a place they tried to herd them, or a place on the mountain they couldn't escape?

He let his eyes drift to the ground picking out a spot of his own. Head lowered he was studying the foliage with his nose, moving onto the next. He heard her question, but didn't understand why she asked it. His confusion was evident on his charcoal face. But, it became thoughtful.

"My father wouldn't have let anyone talk to my mom like that. I just thought who does that asshole think he is? He can't do that. I had to do something. Out right attacking him might have proved counterproductive..maybe..." He was half joking, but he soon wiped any smirk from his face.

"Seriously, I guess I can't shake my raising. Putting leaders first and foremost. Ready to defend them even from snarky remarks of half brains. My mother often reminded me it worked both ways." Leaders would step in to protect their subordinates in turn. If they were good ones. She had answered his call of need.

(This post was last modified: Nov 29, 2017, 09:49 PM by Summiter.)
Inactive No Rank
Kyna Argyris Archer

“They are goats, I think.”

The sheep had left as the weather got colder…or if they didn’t leave, they’d miraculously gotten very good at hiding tracks and scent both. An amusing thought, one that left the corners of her mouth twitching as the strawberry blond bent down, black nose hovering just a breath above the frozen ground as she returned to her work, picking out one animal from another. At least now, her speed would be doubled.

And Summiter seemed inclined for some conversation, which was something Kyna could appreciate. She did so adore Greer, but silence could be deafening, in its own right. Variety was the spice of life, and all that.

“I see. Your mother sounds like a very wise woman,” she replied slowly, thoughts drifting to her own mother. Wise would not be her choice in words. Cunning, perhaps. She had different lessons for Kyna as a child. “I would like to think it works that way, yes. I just…I suppose I have never really seen it in action. My father’s pack dispersed upon his death, and my mother…” She trailed off, wry. “Well. She does not care for authority. Anyone else’s, anyways.”

Inactive No Rank
Summiter
Summiter
look what you made me do

"Goats, it is." If he had really been paying better attention to what he was doing he probably could have come to the conclusion. Whoops. He kept moving until he caught a hint of their stink. It was enough to refresh the memory, and refocus his attention.

The brute couldn't help but smile at her words. He'd always thought so. Hell, he kinda missed her.

It was unexpected how easily she shared back. He couldn't help but be distracted by those little details, and lack of more. Those things made her sound much older than she was. No father, and little example of a true pack. It seemed clear she leaned away from the ways of her mother.

"So, you have examples you don't want to follow." He was thinking out loud. "Is there one you do?" It was a question that struck him the most. If it was too bold he assumed she'd deflect it. But, he was curious in what way she wished to lead. What way she wanted to see her pack be. He was in it after all, and yet to find reason not to be.

Inactive No Rank
Kyna Argyris Archer

What a bold question. What an interesting question. Kyna allowed herself several moments of silence as the pair continued to follow the game trail, not at all compelled to fill the lull with idle chit chat. It was a thoughtful query, and deserved an equally as deliberate response. “I suppose I do not. I loved my father very much, but I cannot say I saw much of his leading style. Too young, I suppose.” Too shy. Too sheltered. Little more than a wallflower in those days.

And then there was Oak Tree Bend. She remembered Drestig, albeit vaguely. That was a wolf who was not afraid to take chances – but the pack had punished him for it. And there was Speiden, who’d taken in her co-leader’s children, even when he was as frequent as he wasn’t in their lives. There was Serach, who struggled with his authority, and there was her mother, ambitious. She paid for that, too. The forest wolves had almost floundered in the midst of winter, but they had made it, in the end.

“I’ve seen individual traits I respect. And those I do not care for. I suppose I am just trying to put all those pieces together – a trial by fire, you could say. As you saw, I’m far from polished.” Her smile was wry. She came to a halt, scenting the air. It smelled like fresh blood. “…perhaps we will get lucky today.”

Changing her path, Kyna picked up the pace. “And what do you want, Summiter? Out of this pack life?”