(See All?) Announcements
516 Users Online
Google, Mouseling, Bing

Heart to Heart — Hush Meadow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Vami who has 488 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
Ravenna listened to her sister and she began to explain and offer her advice. She would be wise to listen to her words just as she was mindful of the many lectures and stories Elettra had given her. She would have to find a middle ground somewhere between Morganna's way of ruling, Enoki's and her mother's if she was going to do this right. She didn't know how long or how little she would be in the position, depending on how Nicolo and Enoki might ask, especially near spring. Ravenna had knew her mother had wanted Enoki to lead, because she was worthy of it, a loyal member and it was her time to create children of her own. Not only this, but it allowed Ravenna the opportunity to grow up, enjoy life, not be burdened by so many tasks. Unfortunately, life did not turn out that way, as the burdens and tasks seemed one after another. Between trying to watch over the pups, collect herbs, treat patients and go on scouting missions, now she was playing diplomat. But hell, Ravenna liked keeping busy. It kept her mind off everything she had lost. Even now, Morganna nearly spoke to her as though she already knew she was Leader now here, but there Ravenna was assuming again....

"I think if it came down to it though, the majority of the pack would have been on your side. Nicolo and Adele might have been pushed out though..." She wondered why her uncle had been so determined for leadership, when never before he seemed the time. Maybe he felt it was his time finally, before he had no time left. "I just don't know why you had to go so far..." Ravenna would have openly admit it in saying Morganna might have been paranoid thinking Nicolo would have followed her to the ends of the earth. He didn't like her, but she wasn't like a normal enemy ether.

Ravenna shrugged in the same manner her sister's had, pushing her muzzle against her in turn along her rib cage. She offers a half cocked smile, her paw lifting to wrap around her nose 'shyly' as her silver gaze peered from behind. "Not exactly... We had a handful of members come and go, none stayed long enough worth remembering. Just in and out on their travels, mostly. There was a man, Eskil, who I have to say was quite the looker... But he is gone even now too." And, quite frankly, Ravenna didn't get out much. When she did, it was on a mission of dire news - someone died, someone was missing, someone needed herbs because they were sick... Unfortunately for Ravenna, "play time" like this came few and far between.

Played by becuffin who has 879 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
wait for me to come home
Morganna Archer

Now that she had gained some perspective, she had answers she didn't have before. "Craw and Wraith were from th' north, an' Craw still had family out there 'e was trying ter track down so it seemed ter be th' middle ground." Her eyes narrowed as a small self-depreciating smile crept onto her lips. "Didn' realise 'e meant fer Wraith ter bring 'is wives back with 'im when 'e left though." At first she had tried to be understanding but time and time again he forsook his new family for the old, even going so far as to leave her to her own devices in the spring, when she was the leader and it was her duty to bring forth new life to the Monadnock. "Once they were there we didn' matter anymore," and she was sick of being left holding everything together on her own.

Being abandoned yet again had been a bitter pill to swallow.

Eskil, it was a name she tucked in the back of her mind, to make sure that if she encountered the man she would know to chase him back towards the willows, her grin was an encouraging one, though she couldn't help but laugh and add, "Boy's're nothin but trouble. Yer don't need a man ter be great." Though she was sure her sister already knew that. "Just wait til spring gets 'ere, then th' rest of 'em'll be hard pressed ter keep the borders secure, just yer wait." It was another tease laced with a laugh, but she meant every word she said.

[Image: hashtags-skollmorganna02.png][Image: hashtags-morgannarenier.png]
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
Her sister went on to mentioning Craw and Wraith, wolves which Ravenna remembered, though in her youthful age and with most of her attention towards her mother Ravenna couldn't say she remembered all that much about them. She knew Wraith have been quite an active member within the ranks and Craw had been the man which had stolen away her sister's affections. So Morganna in her interests to leave her home behind had decided to go with the idea that both those males had and so she went North. The story made sense.

Then she went on to mention that Craw had wives from his previous life - multiple mates. Now Ravens knew all too well when it came to the breeding season, men would seek out women, women would seek out men. It was a drive which many felt and it was hard to hold back. Not to mention, sometimes the breeding season had nothing to do with love but everything to do with bringing forth a new generation of children not only to solidify your rank but to bring new promise and hope for the pack. Though that being said, Ravenna couldn't imagine once finding someone she wanted to take as he mate, she would split that affection with more then one.

The fur on the back of Ravenna's neck rose at the story which her sister told and her lip curled with an irritated and obvious snarl for the man. She didn't know what to say on the manner though she was happy Morganna was with Renier now. Everyone liked him better anyway. "I've no doubt." She said to her sister about men being trouble and as well that she didn't need one in order to become something great. Still, she needed one if she was ever going to have children, for that she knew she wanted. Last year was her first year going through heat and it had been almost unbearable to resist, her drive for pups and high position being forced down for her respect to Enoki. It had been hard forcing down what came naturally for her. Then seeing Enoki's children made her realize so much more how she wanted her own litter already this early in her life. Next year, she didn't know what she would do. She laughed. "It does make things easier though when all the men in the pack are related to you." Surely things would become complicated however, when Nicolo was with Enoki, Sven and Leotie being close and now Ravenna as lead? Ravenna couldn't help another nervous laughter as she reached out to her sister, playfully nipping for her ear. "When Enoki's children came, I didn't realize how much I wanted to have my own... This next year might prove, complicated."

Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
wait for me to come home
Morganna Archer

Morganna snickered at Ravenna's comment about being related to the males of the pack making it easier. "That i' does, but when spring rolls 'round there'll be plenty that aren't jus' beyond th' borders." She raised a brow suggestively. "Kara and Odin turned out fine withou' a dad." And didn't that seem to be the running theme with first litters? (well, second in Elettra's case but the first to be raised). As to her comment about complicated, well, she knew that one well first hand. "Maybe yer need ter ammend th' rules then. The Ridge has always been led by th' ladies. Sure, only th' leaders can breed, but whoever said there needs ter be two of 'em?" Morganna knew tradition mattered, particularly to the Archers both old and new, but she was also realistic enough these days to realise that if something was broken, you were far better off to fix it before it became a problem.

Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
Ravenna's ears remained perked, her silver eyes never leaving her older (and only) sister, a sign that she was very obviously listening. Though Ravenna could admit she had no love interest, Morganna's words were true that this did not mean she could not have children when spring arrived. There would be plenty of men for Ravenna to seek out, which she really only required for one job and one job alone. Who was to say she did not have what it took in order to raise the children as a sole parent, even still with the help of the pack at her paw? Elettra had done it, Morganna had done it, why not her?

Still the question of Nicolo and Enoki remained in the air. Surely Nicolo would like to have another litter with his mate, wherever she may be... Morganna speaking about the woman holding more prominent power within the ranks was something everyone was well aware of, including Ravenna's self. Though Angier held fast to being the most dominant of the male ranks, it was Elettra which more often then not past the last judgement, gave the last word, and spoke on behalf of pack affairs to her members. "I suppose its something to think about, now that Enoki has taken a step back..." She said, though for the time being did not explain why. "Not sure if Nicolo will even want to lead without her now, though I feel like the pack would be stronger still with two leaders, sharing the burdens of keeping the members in line, bringing in new, giving direction when the other isnt there..." It was a process which she had always known. Though since she had lived here, no leading pair had worked together as far well as her parents had.

Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
Yeah I'd cross the world to hold your hand
Morganna Archer

Morganna had only had her suspicions based on the strength of the scents that lined the borders when she had gone to find the tree under which Angier and Elettra rested, to hear Ravenna mention that Enoki had taken a step back only confirmed her own suspicions. "There's still time ter figure all tha' out." She responded easily, "But unless yer get a lot more members yer won' want two litters. It never works out well an' yer don' wan' one o' yer own sacrificed ter ensure th' survival o' someone else's." The last thing she wanted for her sister was to endure what their mother had gone through with the loss of Isolde.

Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
It was common, actually, for a pup or even more to ether be born stillborn or not survive the winter. Many had lost their pups over the course of the years, so her mother would tell her at times as though to lessen the blow of what happened to Isolde. Willow Ridge has just been lucky to raise so many children to adulthood, directly by the communication, strength and support of the pack as a unit. This could have been why Isolde had died, while the pack was busy arguing with themselves and watching their own backs then the back of their children. This, or it could have been pup numbers in general.

When Morganna and Ravenna's mother had her first litter in the Lore, all three had survived - Morganna, Skoll and Asriel. When she had her second, all three boys had survived and grew to go off and make a life of their own for an the second litter, that had less of a right to call themselves heir to their parent's pack. And when Elettra and Angier had their third litter, the first time that they had two little girls and as well the first time the pack had four children instead of three, one pup died. Last year, Enoki had two pups and brought one in to raise due to being an orphan. None had died. Due to this, it was easy to think the pack was only able to support the needs of three children and not more. If Ravenna was to breed this year and make sure all her pups had the best chance of survival she would need to make sure no one else got in her way.

"What would you do if someone you trusted broke the rules and bred? Like Skoll did to mom?" She was curious of her sister's answer. Elettra had decided to let Skoll and Piety keep their children because it was Elettra's blood too. Her first grandchild. And even though she made Skoll keep the pup elsewhere and to not use the caches for him but to find his own means of food, it still did little to insure the life of all Elettra's litter.

Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
Yeah I'd cross the world to hold your hand
Morganna Archer

Silence stretched on for a moment as Morganna wondered if she'd have done anything differently than she had, and she decided that, honestly, no. She wouldn't have. "Exactly as I told Nicolo I would. I said I'd kill any cubs that weren't m'own, even Skoll's." Maybe even especially Skoll's because he wasn't in a position to be stepping out of line but with so little consequences in the first instance, perhaps drastic measures were just what was called for.

"If 'e had managed ter challenge up it might'a been different, if there had been any attempt at a deal, but 'e didn't. We went ter get rid o' her but she'd already tucked tail an' ran." and a good thing too. That woman had something wrong in her head. "She said 'e'd follow 'er but 'e wanted ter come with me. I told 'im he'd have ter speak ter Craw but 'e wouldn't. She seemed ter think 'avin' the brat elsewhere an' draggin' it back would make a difference." Morganna managed a derisive snort. From what she had managed to glean when she bought her own children to visit the poor child had hardly been weaned before both her parents had disappeared, she had expected as much of Hecate, but she had expected much more from Skoll, especially after what had happened to Sven.

Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
Ravenna listened to her older sister's words with absolute attention, dark grey ears perked into her direction as she spoke. She would kill any pups not her own, a drastic decision which Ravenna did not know if she would be able to do or not. Ravenna could only imagine, should any subordinates within her ranks breed behind her back, she would kick out the pair for breaking pack law in order for them to find a new home elsewhere. That was plain and simple. What was not, however, would be deciding what to do as a pack that had two leaders not a leading couple. The alpha male and female could not breed as being family, so would Ravenna have a litter and then Nicolo have a litter with a subordinate? But would that subordinate be a threat to her own leadership? It was obviously a manner which would need to be discussed. They would have to be honest with one another, open... "As you said, if a deal could be made maybe things would be different. The leading pair should be open and honest with one another. Decide what is best for the pack. If the leading male wants pups, its different, I feel. But I don't plan on allowing any subordinate to breed freely. I don't think I could kill the children, but would give the mother the option to ether get rid of the pups herself or to leave the pack." She shrugged at this. It was all just what ifs for the time being. Only time would tell.

Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
so close your eyes and know how lucky you are
Morganna Archer

Morganna nodded along as Ravenna spoke. If the pups were born outside of the territory, if they weren't within the pack itself, of course, it would be a different matter. "It's no easy spot ter be put in an' it's one thing ter sit here an' talk about what ifs, but it'll be different if yer come up against it. Yer can plan all yer want, won't stop someone from tryin' ter bust the dam an' flood yer out." She managed a dry chuckle, knowing that soon she would have to be on her way. She couldn't hog the leader of a pack to herself for the whole day.