(See All?) Announcements
335 Users Online
Nadine, Google, Jadon, Bing, Apollo

i must have missed you but i can't remember being all that sad — Blackened Down 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becca who has 463 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
@Treyah || Evening, Light snow, 5°F (-15°C)

The sun had just set and slowly but surely the sky was fading into darkness. Another day and for what? The air nipped at his nose as a bitter reminder. Even the land had a dusting of snow to it that he could swear was starting to stick more and more. Maybe he was just worried or paranoid. Would that really be so wrong of him, though? After everything they had been through perhaps it would be wrong of him to not feel the worry, paranoia or guilt.

He sighed softly, wisps escaping him into the cold evening. At least here he felt like he was away from everything. There was no one breathing down his neck or anyone reminding him of what once was.

have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by becuffin who has 309 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
'Cause nobody can save me
Treyah Tainn

Treyah was about ready to turn in when she stumbled across Kerberos's scent heading towards the down. Her tongue clucked against the roof of her mouth as she set off after him, wondering if it was worry for Lacey and Maera that chased him from his home so late in the evening or if it was something else. They just had to look a little more, once Lacey was back, Maera would get better and everything could go back to the way it was. She wasn't sure she wanted to go back to being just a yearling, but she knew it was the right thing to do, wasn't it?

She joined the Rigel with a brush to his shoulder, not bothering to break the contemplative silence as she brought herself to sit by his side. Sometimes words just weren't needed, and she had already said more than enough times that she knew Lacey was fine, she didn't want the words to lose their weight. She would find her tomorrow, or next week, but she would find her.

[Image: treyah_by_loccian_love-dc7mu4q.png]
[Image: treyberossig_by_becuffin-dc8ufez.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel

There was a pressure against his shoulder that carried a familiar scent and tenderness. His brows pulled down over yellow eyes - more out of thoughtfulness than anything else. The Rigel male let the silence linger as he kept staring out at the horizon through the charred trees.

A soft breath was the first sound he made as his gaze slowly settled on the young leader by his side. What could he say to her that he hadn't said before? Nothing perhaps, but it was rude to stand and simply stare at her. To buy himself some time he gently nudged his head against her own in a silent greeting.

"I kind of missed the snow." He spoke softly. It was something to say and that was enough for him.

Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
'Cause nobody can save me
Treyah Tainn

Treyah leaned into the touch against her head, an easy smile on her face as she stared across the snow. Things had always been so easy with Kerb. She liked to think she always knew exactly where she stood. "The night doesn't seem so dark when it sticks around." She responded with warmth. It also made things like being buried under the monstrous bodies of her siblings more bearable. There were days when she thought to find herself a den of her own, but then she had started to notice the thick blanket of frost that quickly morphed to snow. No, she was better off sticking with them for now. "Never thought I'd be grateful for the terrible three insisting I keep the bottom of the pile." She laughed, dreaming of what it must have felt like before they came along. It had been so long now she couldn't even quite remember.

Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel

The makings of a smile tugged at the corner of his lips. "It doesn't, does it?" He replied back to the Tainn. The moonlight reflected off the snow in the winter, made things seem brighter even in the darkest season.

He laughed softly at her comment of the Terrible Three. "I might want to steal your spot one night." Kerberos was possibly the smallest wolf in the Draw even if he wasn't a very small wolf. Even his own wife easily topped his size. "That is if you think they wouldn't mind."

He eased down onto his rear next to her side, sighing softly. "You know, I was forced out of my home to make my own clan." Kerberos spoke calmly, divulging some of his past. "Obviously, I didn't make my own but I'm still leading a pack with family by my side. I must be doing something right." He stared out into the charred land.

"What do you dream of for yourself, Treyah?"

Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
Never one to miss taking a playful jab at Kerberos, a sly smile crossed her lips as butterflies beat in her chest, ”I dunno if I’d let you steal it, but I might be convinced to share.” Young as she was she probably didn’t grasp the gravity of her words entirely, but she might have had more of a clue that she should have thanks to her mothers embarrassing ramblings in her later days.

As he went on to speak of days gone by she managed a shrug. "You may as well have, the Draw wouldn't be here without you, and Maera." The latter name left her with a pang of guilt but it wasn't like she was doing anything wrong by talking with the wolf she was leading with, was she?

As for what she wanted? "I don't mind this leader thing, but I guess Mae'll want it back when she's better. I just, want everyone to be happy." It was childish, she knew. But it was truly the only thing that she really wanted. She didn't want infamy or prestige. She just wanted to live quietly, with the wolves that mattered to her. All she would have to do was find Lacey, then everything could get back to the way it was before... As close to normal as it had ever been.
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel

"Share it?" He snorted softly. "So then I get the Ferocious Four instead of the Terrible Three." Kerberos teased his co-leader with a soft tug on her ear. He kept things lighthearted when it was just them. They both deserved time to simple be.

His head gave a few nods. "Suppose it wouldn't but don't discredit yourself, Treyah." Yellow eyes lingering on her face. "You've done more than maybe any wolf at your age has." Kerberos couldn't know for sure but the Tainn yearling had done more than any other yearling he had ever known. Juggling pack and family issues weren't exactly the smallest feat.

He couldn't stop his face from crinkling ever so slightly - not at her dream but of the mention of Maera. "It's hard..." He whispered - not giving much information if he referring to the happiness or Maera. He loved her so very much, adored her with his whole heart but sometimes it was so hard to see her like she was. Made him feel awful about everything. If he had just been content with the two of them she wouldn't have ended up like this.

Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
all dressed up for the wrecking ball
Treyah Tainn

It's hard... and wasn't she learning that? Being reminded every time the sun set on another day done with missing wolves and no closure to make it all make sense in her head? She could feel the indescribable darkness creeping into the edges of her mind again and she tried to push it back with a deep breath and by focusing on the way the snow lit up under the bright stars overhead. Maybe soon even the dancing lights would be back? She leaned into Kerbs flank with a sigh. "Maybe we should run away next?" she only half teased, wondering what the appeal might be knowing that those she left behind would worry.