Bing, Google, Mouseling, Adora, Flair, Nadine

Girl, I'm not with it I'm way too far gone — Whisper Marsh 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 879 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
wait for me to come home
Morganna Archer

Morganna's brows twitched down, unsure if the young stranger was hitting on her or if he was just a bit clueless. A snort bubbled at the back of her throat, smirk clear on her face as she threw a questioning look back in his direction, "Yeah, I was born east o' here, in th' Willows at th' bottom o' th' mountain, an' I lead a pack up north fer a while." There was a tightness to her face that she hoped he might recognise, but then again, maybe he wouldn't. "I've been away fer about half a year, couldn't travel back wi' young pups so now I'm waitin' fer 'em ter catch up." She wasn't usually one for small talk, but it would take them a while to break free of the marsh yet.

She actually chuckled when he said it could be better. "Yeah, if yer can avoid this part o' it, it gets better. Next time head south through th' meadow or north through the forest."She supposed, being young and alone wasn't helping the poor lad. "But nothin' quite beats home. Do yer plan on just wanderin' til yer bump inter yer friend or are yer looking fer a place ter work from?" After all, the temperature was dropping by the day and things would only get more difficult from here on out.

[Image: hashtags-skollmorganna02.png][Image: hashtags-morgannarenier.png]
Played by Alice who has 251 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn

Elias wasn't at all familiar with any of the locations she described, but the same couldn't be said for that expression on her face. He knew it all too well. And honestly, it was painful reminder, like a blade pushed inbetween his ribs. It seemed as though home was an unpleasant topic for many, not just him and his fellow clan mates.

He wanted to say something, to ask if she was okay but he couldn't help but feel as though it wasn't his place to pry. He wanted her to like him just as much as he liked her, the last thing he wanted to do was give her the impression that he was a nosy bugger who didn't know his place. With that in mind there was only one thing left for him to do, as casually as he could manage-which wasn't at all- he offered her a sympathetic smile. A sort of 'there there, I know how you feel', without the condescending baggage that usually went along with it.

Honestly though,  up upon the mountain heights the world below had seemed so small and inconsequential. Now Elias realised that he'd been wrong, that his uncle-as wise as he was- had underestimated those who lived outside his borders. It was true that Selwyns were made of sterner stuff,that they were descendants of angels, but really were they so different from the rest?

Sometimes Elias couldn't help but wonder...

Shaking his head, the Selwyn-or so he liked to think-closed his eyes. It was a difficult question, one he'd been avoiding.

"I never thought that far ahead, really."He shrugged, his shoulders as heavy as lead." I just want...to bring him home. No one left behind, that sort of thing, you know?"

[Image: untitled_1_by_gabrielledelyon-dbu4sbc.png]
[Image: teamselwyn_2_by_marthypie-dcq9co4.png]

Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
wait for me to come home
Morganna Archer

Never thinking too far ahead could be both a blessing and a curse, but Morganna wouldn't drag the boy down by saying as much. His only goal at the moment was to find his friend, and while the occasional flurry of snow was beginning to fall, it wouldn't stick to the ground just yet. There was no rush. "Well, if yer find yerself in need o' somewhere safe ter stay, I've got some friends hangin' out by th' lagoon west o' here. There's a meadow ter the east an' a forest o' cedar trees ter th' north. If yer tell 'em yer lookin' fer me they'll look out for yer if I'm not around at th' time." They weren't a pack, just a gathering of friends. For now.

She could understand the sentiment the young lad was feeling, about not leaving anyone behind. The ground was firming up underfoot, and while they hadn't stumbled across an easy meal at least they had made it out without anyone drowning. "So damsel," She grinned and chuckled, "I reckon we're almost on safe ground."

Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn

Elias was supposed to be mature, dignified, but when hear offer reached his ears he couldn't help but toddled to a stop and grin like a goof as his tail-and by extension, his butt-wiggled in earnest. She didn't have to offer him anything, especially after she'd led him away from the muck and dirt of the marsh. But here she was, being kind just because she could. What a wonderful lady! And he didn't even know her name! How rude of him not to ask, and offer his own in return.

"I'd-"he belatedly realised he'd come to a stop and bumbled along to catch up."Really like that, ma'm! I'll make sure to remember!"

Which wasn't to say it was a certainty, but was anything these days?

It was easier to walk, without the squishy ground underpaw. He felt more stable, grounded, like his head was screwed on a little better. Was this all he'd needed? A helping hand, a few words of wisdom to chase away his debilitating, heart aching, sense of worry? Maybe so.

Raina had done her best to help Elias along, to get him back onto his feet and renew his resolve but...She wasn't the same as Terrel. Nor would she ever be. His death...the world had lost one of it's best and brightest. Never would such a man of legendary status walk this earth again. The remaining Selwyns respected Raina, yes there was no denying that, but her words didn't carry as much weight. Nor did Elias see her as the Queen of the mountain. She-like Elias- was just trying to make the best out of a terrible situation.

Damsel ? Elias' cheeks flushed red at the thought. He'd said so himself, but hearing a lady say it made it seem all the more...He wasn't sure, but it certainly was embarrassing.

"Call me Elias, or Elly. Whichever you prefer."He wasn't fussy."And it seems as though we are."

He was more than willing to take her word on it, but he looked around nonetheless. Not only was the ground firm beneath his feet, but tufts of grass and reeds had been replaced by sure rooted trees, some barren of leaves whilst others were evergreen.

"Is this where we part ways?"

Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
this is me
Morganna Archer

Her grin grew wider as the boy introduced himself, at least this way she could give Celandine and Renier a name to go with the description in case he did find his way back to them, she responded "Morganna Archer," with a wide smirk, it would have done him well to turn up asking about a dark lady wolf that led him out of the marsh but at least a name would lend the lad some more credibility.

At his next question the corners of her eyes crinkled in a silent laugh, "Well that's up'ter you isn' it?" She didn't mind either way, and the offer would still stand if he decided to keep going but he seemed uncertain. "I'm headin' back ter th' lagoon..." she let her voice trail off echoing her former offer. She wouldn't mind either way.

Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn

Names were interesting, or at least Elias thought so.

They could say so much ,and yet at the same time they were nothing more than a teaser, granting just a brief glimpse of a someone's character. Morganna. It was such a noble, profound name, one that he quickly decided suited her. As for her surname...well, honesty he didn't recognise it. Nonetheless, being the shrewd young man that he was, he quickly surmised that it carried weight. That it might even be a title that demanded respect and esteem in these parts, just like the Selwyn name did in the north.

If that was the case then Morganna was very down to earth! They had only just met one another but Elias had already come to the conclusion that he liked her very much. And that perhaps...he should consider her offer if things didn't go according to plan.

"That is correct."Elias remarked, nodding along as he ambled to a halt. Thuban wouldn't be found if he stuck to Morganna like glue. "Well....It was real nice to meet you and...thanks for the help, with the marsh, leading me out of if, I mean." Smooth moves Elias, real smooth.

With a huff, Elias offered her a last and final wag of his tail-and butt- before he dipped his head in reverence. He had places to go, a friend to find and nothing would stand in his way, not even snow or mud!

Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
wait for me to come home
Morganna Archer

She already knew the lad had a task at hand so she wasn't surprised when he decided that this was where they would part ways. It was a good insight to his character, that he wasn't just all talk well I'm looking for my friend... until something better comes along. Her smile might have even grown a little warmer. "Well if yer do come back an' we're not there," her nose tipped towards the distant heights, "M' brother, @Greer'll know where ter find me." After all, there were no solid plans at this moment, just waiting, and watching. Testing the water so to speak. "See yer 'round Elly," she offered in farewell before making her way back towards the Lagoon. Maybe the afternoon wasn't a total waste after all.

Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn

Elias followed her line of sight to the mountain in the distance. Greer. Her brother. Okay, he could remember that, store it away for later use if it came down to it. He hoped it wouldn't, not because he didn't want to see her again but...He'd come here to find Thuban, as tempting it was he couldn't afford distractions.

"Got it Morgy-oh God, sorry."Sheesh. Why didn't he know when to quit? Why did he have to be so...so Elias?

Coughing, Elias shook his head. There was no time to dally, he was on a mission and now that he was out of that dreadful marsh his search could restart in earnest!

Fade