Google, Bing, Jethro

street smarts. — Dragonveil Fold 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ace who has 208 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Little Crow
Open for one! Mid-morning, snowing, 0F/-18C

Buzzard had disappeared.

Except it was worse than that. Fall came late and left quickly, leaving the trees barren and no cover from the falling snow. Namir had heard about snow, from her Mama – but now she’d experienced it first-hand. And she hated it. The youth had every intention of finding Kajika and Namid and Fallen Tree Cove before the wintertime and returning to Crow’s Crossing before winter ever came, but here she was, hunkered in a small rocky outcropping as the snow fell. Even lightly, it felt like she’d never see the sun again.

Her stomach gave a loud growl, and the dusty brown wolf groaned, flopping dramatically to one side. Abandoned. Starving. She never should have trusted him.

“I’m gonna die. This sucks. The fuckin’ worst.”

Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Inactive IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

@Namir hello :) hope ya don't mind my joining.

She had meant to be back home last night but with the snow fall the oynx woman was forced to seek shelter for the night. It was still snowing but the hidden sun made it much better to see than a hidden moon.

Large dark paws trotted along the mountain size with ease. Living up on the mountain for so long had given her plenty of confidence in traveling upon it. Still the cove leader was careful to not make any stupid mistakes that could easily get her injured or worse. Silver dusted ears laid flat stop her skull to keep the snow out and in frustration. She had left to scout for food and was coming back empty handed. She didn't like that she was unable to bring something back. It was Chan's first winter and the first time mother would do everything she could to make sure he survived.

Today he would t be the only one she thought of. A young voice rang out not too far from where Moon was walking. The woman stopped as all her attention focused on the voice.

"Im gonna die. This sucks. The fuckin' worst."

Motherly instincts flarred at the realization of how young the voice sounded. That and the fact that they said they were gonna die. Her coal nose flarred to try to pick up a scent but got nothing. The snow muddled everything around her. So she'd have to settle, "Hello? Is someone there?" She called out while mercury pools searched for any signs of life. This was not something she was going to be able to ignore.

Word Count: 284
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive No Rank
Little Crow
@Moonshadow -- Thank you for joining!

“No. I ain’t anyone.”

She could stay where she was, and the owner of the voice might find her, might not – Namir wasn’t sure she wanted anyone to find her. She certainly hadn’t been looking. And after Buzzard… The yearling exhaled sharply through her nose, powdery flakes of snow floating away before she scrambled to her feet. No. She wasn’t just going to wait around. Not for this nosy woman, not for Buzzard, not for her mama, not anyone.

Little Crow slunk behind narrow, spindly trees and large rock outcroppings, finally spotting a dark shape along the mountainside. Her tail curled against one of her hocks protectively, ears lowering against her narrow face. “Oi, that weren’t an invitation, mamacita. I ain’t an easy target. So go.”

[Image: littlecrow_sig_by_becuffin-db81o80.png]

Inactive IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

Silver dusted ears swivled in search of any reply. The thought of someone in danger worried the dark matriarch. It wasnt long before she got an answer. The young voice called out that she wasn't anyone. A pang of confusion surged through Moon. Well you must be someone. Before she could reply the sound of this 'no one' moving about caught her attention. Silver eyes followed the origin of the sound until a figure stepped out from behind a rock outcropping.

A tawny figure stood much smaller than herself. Sunshine yellow eyes looked back with a sort of defiance as the yearling spoke. "Oi, that weren't an invitation mamacita. I aint an easy target. So go." If she were honest, the oynx cove woman was taken aback. "Im not going to attack or hurt ya. I got worried because ya said ya were gonna die." She said with her tone its usual warm and friendly self. Moonshadow was genuinely concerned for this girl who didn't seem to be much older than Lunette.

Word Count: 000
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health
Inactive No Rank
Little Crow

Bright yellow eyes continued to watch the older female, waiting for something. Anything. It was hard to judge a stranger’s intentions, but then, Little Crow had no interest in really trusting anyone, much less someone who stunk like a pack wolf. Her tail hugged closer to her hock, eyes still narrowed as the dark wolf spoke. “Oi, just an expression,” she huffed – one she probably wouldn’t have used if she had realized she wasn’t alone. “I’m damn hungry, okay? Ain’t easy out here.”

Stupid mountain. This was not the place she was looking for. Annabird had told her, sort of, but this wasn’t a small forest, and there wasn’t a lake, so Namir was pretty sure she was still too far north. “So unless you got dinner you wanna share…”

Because hey, free food was free food.

Inactive IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

@Namir so sorry about this wait!

Just an expression. The older woman should have known. With winter around the corner a child and a yearling to get through it, her protective instincts were on high alert. Silver orbs watched as the tawny girl huffed, admitting she was hungry. Being true to her nature Moon felt the urge to help. Before she could offer, Namir trailed off asking if she had any food to share. A warm smile formed on her inky maw. "My home isnt too far from here, I'm sure we could spare one meal." She could skip a meal to make sure that her generosity didnt take away from someone else. "If we're going to share a meal i feel its only right to introduce ourselves. I'm Moonshadow."

Word Count: 138
Inactive No Rank
Little Crow

"Oh. Really?"

Well. She hadn't expected the older wolf to actually oblige, especially once she realized that the tawny loner wasn't literally dying. Huh. She tipped her head to one side, giving the dark female a considering look for a moment. Might as well take her good luck where she could find it, really.

"Seems like a shady idea."

Was it the pack she'd spent ages looking for? That'd be helpful, maybe even more helpful than the meal. But… The corner of her mouth twitched as Moonshadow asked for her name. Did she give the name her mama had given her, hoped it got her somewhere? Or the name that fit her? Her real name?

"Maybe some other time." she decided on.

Fade.

(This post was last modified: Feb 03, 2018, 07:37 PM by Namir.)