622 Users Online
Google, Bing

And I feel fine — Hush Meadow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 89 posts.
Inactive Pup
Romanov Archer
for @Leotie

The meadows were silent in the cold morning. Romanov's breath trailing out in wisps before disappearing.

Disappearing was a theme that seemed common lately.

His brows pinched together. Who was he to talk? He had slunk away from the willows to spend the morning in the meadows. He should have been checking on his father or perhaps shadowing @Ravenna while she did her morning duties. But there was something so dreary that morning when he had woken. Perhaps it was the limp hang of the willow branches that reminded him too much of how he held himself. Or maybe it was the coolness against his back reminding him of the wolves who should be tucked against it.

He let out a heavy sigh, slumping down onto his rear as Amber eyes stared out into the morning sun kissed meadows.
Played by Kai who has 589 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

The agouti woman gave her coat a shake as she exited the den into the cold air of the morning. Though she'd only been awake a short time she felt she was going to have a good day. She was much stronger than only a week ago which she felt boded well for the trip she would soon be embarking on with Sven. The only thing that worried her now was the fact they would be traveling during the harshest months.

She would need to be prepared.

With her strength returning she was traveling further from the territory, stretching her muscles and refreshing the skills that had gone stale during the time before she'd come to the ridge. Leotie traveled through the territory until she reached the border, a hunt in the morning before a patrol seemed a good idea but as she set out she caught the scent of the youngest Archer.

'What was he doing leaving the territory?’

Worried he might get himself lost or in trouble the agouti woman followed his trail until it lead her to the meadow. There she found the piebald boy and he didn't look very happy. “What has you so down?” She asked as she approached where he sat.

Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive Pup
Romanov Archer
"What has you so down?"

He could have laughed if he had it in him. He assumed he could have cried too but that was far too much work. What an awful question for someone to ask the piebald Archer even if it was meant as an act of kindness. Leotie had been nothing but nice to him but that question...

"Everything. Wouldn't you feel down if your family was slowly disappearing? I'm waiting for Dad to vanish next." He spoke with a hidden venom, not bothering to look at the blue-eyed girl. "It'll happen." Roman picked up on patterns with ease and if this pattern kept going his father would be next. Or perhaps he'd be next. Maybe whatever was causing his family to wander off into the unknown would beckon him away too.

His mismatched brows pinched firmly together. He had answered her question honestly, whether she liked the answer or not didn't matter too much to him.
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

Having joined the little Archer Leotie wondered what was in his mind and why he was out there all alone. She had some inkling as to what was bothering him, how could she not? She hoped that asking might get him to open up though she worried he might be the type to keep things to himself.

With luck he did answer her question in more detail than she was expecting. The Agouti woman sat down next to him. “It's a lot for someone so young to have to go through,” she said, “I'm sure that if I were experiencing what you are I would probably feel as you do.” She didn't know what it was to have a family like he did. Since she'd never had a family like he did, well not one she remembered. She did know how she had felt when she became lost from her human family and ousted from the draw. Something told her those were the same though.

Leotie brushed her muzzle against his cheek in hopes of comforting him. “It very understandable that you would worry your father will vanish too,” she said gently. She wished she could tell him that everything would be alright and that his mother and sister would return and his father wasn't going anywhere but she couldn't. The Agouti woman just didn't know. “Is there something I can do?”

Inactive Pup
Romanov Archer
He wanted to snap back that it was a lot for anyone to go through no matter their age but he bit back his bitterness. It wasn't her fault, she seemed like she was even trying to be supportive of him. But at her touch he slightly pulled away, not seeking physically comfort just yet. Soft touches were too much associated with a loving mother who had disappeared too.

"About my vanished family? No." He hesitated for a brief moment. "But don't go disappearing too. It'll probably upset @Sven pretty bad." The Archer boy had noted how the blue-eyed woman hung out with his male cousin often. Their scents seemed to mingle more often than not. The last thing he wanted was for his cousin to be hurt by a disappearance too. This wasn't to say that Roman wouldn't be upset too. It would be sad to see the tawny female disappear but he doubted he would be as hurt by it.
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

Leotie liked Romanov, he was a good boy and more than anything she wished she could do something more for him. She knew he was hurting but she didn't understand how much since she'd been taken from her parents when she was still so young. She remembered missing her humans when she'd first come to the lore, she'd wanted to go back to them. Now, so much had changed for her, she had changed and her home was there in Willow Ridge. He pulled away from the touch she'd given him which saddened her that he was so upset but she didn't take it personally.

“I wish I could bring them back for you Rom and I wish telling you that you still have Ravenna and Sven would be enough,” but it wasn't and she knew that. She was a little surprised by what he said to her next but she smiled. “I think he would be upset if I disappeared. Neither of you have to worry. I don't plan on going anywhere as long as I can help it.” It was a promise she didn't mind making to the boy. Willow Ridge was her home and she had no intentions of abandoning it.