(See All?) Announcements
637 Users Online
Google, Neo, Bing, Viorel

i just don't know how to win with you — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 389 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
I'm thinking this will take place after he sees Ravenna at least. Not sure on other details.

It's in the eyes I can tell you will always be danger

There was a fresh coat of white littering the ground. It was not hard to pick out the pale figure among the naked trees. He had to be following the border line. Dutifully marking as they had done only a year ago. Renier missed that. Keeping the Ridge alive had given him purpose, and anchored him. The small group that slowly began to entwine. This place after all was the longest home he had had. To see it now, still withering. He hated it. Sometimes he couldn't stop playing the what if game. But, when all was said and done even if he hadn't run into Morganna he wouldn't have remained. Enoki and Sven had made their own choices clear.

Treading closer he let out a woof. Ravenna may have welcomed him with open arms, but he wasn't sure how he would be received by Sven. Still, he wasn't going to cower away from this. He had missed him, and hearing what had happened to him after the Lyall had left... Well, it didn't make any of this easier. 

(This post was last modified: Nov 30, 2017, 08:31 PM by Renier.)
[Image: ps_sig_by_becuffin-dc2lwrc.png]
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 594 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sven Archer
yeee <3

the devil is & always will

Sven cursed himself for not sensing the man any sooner. His steel gaze lifted when he heard the sound of Renier's bark, still familiar within his pale ears. He wasn't entirely surprised to see him, Morganna having already let on that they both were around. Honestly, he was surprised they'd stuck together at all, but he knew Renier at least wasn't utterly devoid of loyalty as his aunt seemed to be. The trouble was where he had chosen to invest that quality, swayed by qualities within the woman that Sven must not be aware of if they were so attractive.

There was nothing friendly in his posture as he heeded the beckoning, but those who knew Sven well would know that there was nothing threatening past the ire that was so commonly seen upon his features.Yet.

"What is it?" he asked.

be a gentleman.
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall

There was nothing that screamed get the hell out, so he continued his approach. But, Renier wasn't about to be all non-chalant. Seeing him with his own two eyes, helped the pressure in his chest. His tail gave a wag or two, and his warm gaze fell upon him. He was still Sven, but he sensed not exactly the same one he'd told good bye.

"Even if Ravenna hadn't told me what happened I still would have come looking for you." Sincerity laced his words. In the short pull of silence between them he debated about drawing him into a crushing a wolf hug. For now he merely blinked. Appraising the Archer, trying to discern what was behind that look. If he would speak with him as freely as he had before. Or if he was just another write-off, and this was a waste of both their times.

Inactive No Rank
Sven Archer

Seeing that he would not be immediately pushed away, Renier began to show signs of friendliness, and there was a warmth in his eyes as he looked upon the Archer. This caused Sven's chest to churn uncomfortably, old feelings that he didn't care to relive threatening to rise up. It had been that one thing, after all, that had driven such a deep divide between them. Still, it was one thing he couldn't forgive, and he knew that if he was going to lead the Ridge back into a golden age he could not be lenient.

His words still didn't tell the younger man why Renier sought him out, and he refused to let his mind glean an assumption. Because what could be drawn from Renier's demeanor was that the man was here to simply see how he was faring, a meaningful gesture that Sven would not allow himself to be easily touched by. No, he wanted instead to think that Renier wanted something of him, that he was staying the lines of the role that Sven preferred to draw for him rather than trust him to be better.

There was silence as he debated being an indignant brat or smoothly glossing over the turbulence between them. His eyes flickered momentarily away, returning when he had made his decision.

"You mean you aren't here to gawk at my new collection?" he asked, his growl of a voice and the few angled steps that would show off his lengthy, scarred side the only things making it clear that he was teasing. His features didn't much change otherwise, though his ears angled harmlessly back a few degrees.

be a gentleman.
(This post was last modified: Nov 30, 2017, 10:15 PM by Sven.)
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall

The old wounds made the red hair along his spine raise with a terrible want. His heart jumping into his throat, constricting his breath. He'd already questioned if he could have prevented it. If he could have put everything aside and made a difference. Those were questions he'd carry, forever unanswered. This was Sven teasing him, when Renier knew he deserved so much worse.

Meeting his pale eyes erased some of the tension, and his expression became thoughtful. "I always knew you could put up one hell of a fight." There was a wisp of a smile of pride for the Archer. Renier wanted to hold onto that. Make a remark how the other guy must be a lot worse. Ask how he'd made it, and how long he'd been home. He held back, leaving it to him to share details or dismiss it.

Was there any safe topic to touch on? Anything that wouldn't be a grenade? There was only one way to find out. "I ran into a rather young guardian of the Ridge. He seems to have a good teacher." 

Inactive No Rank
Sven Archer

Sven couldn't help but let Renier's words get to him. There hadn't been many wolves in his life that had paid him such earnest compliments, and he felt that half who did were mistaken. Like @Leotie, as much as he adored her; she thought him kind and good, when Sven knew those words didn't really fit him. Not at his core. A fighter, however? A guardian, as his nonna would have put it; that sounded right. Against the shadows of his features, the smallest smile made itself known upon his lips.

The expression grew in size when @Romanov was brought up. At least, that must have been whom Renier was referring to. More and more every day Sven felt proud of the boy; had high hopes for him to grow into the Archer name and be a wolf the pack would need him to be, one his relations had failed to become.

"Roman," he confirmed with a nod. "He's a good kid. Holding up well, despite everything. And I've heard you're father to a whole pack of pups now."

Five, a number that was very much unheard of to the young man. He couldn't imagine how much wrangling that must take, especially when they came from the chaos that was Morganna.

be a gentleman.
(This post was last modified: Dec 11, 2017, 03:02 AM by Sven.)
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall

Sven took the geniune compliment, and for a second Renier could almost believe nothing had changed. This was just like any other day, and they weren't making up for the things lost. They were still on the same side of things, having each other's backs. If only, he thought. In the back of his mind, he was still aware of things left undone, unsaid... The Lyall didn't want to waste this moment for what it was.

Warmth still lingered in his gaze, but his proud smile was more prominent on his lips as the young man realized who he meant. In his absence, he never doubted Sven would take care of the pups. He'd always felt he and Ravenna would take up Nicolo's slack. Making sure they were still very much Archers. While the boy's name tugged at familiarity, it wasn't what had him frown. "Still no sign of Enoki?" Everything just felt off about that. After Elettra and Angier had passed she had been the Ridge's longest remaining member. She had just gotten everything she'd wanted. It was a wonder her son was holding up. But, at least he had Sven and Ravenna and they knew more than most what life was like without parents. Sadly.

The conversation went in a different direction. There seemed a slight dig but he felt it was only a light jest. Five puppies were definitely a pack, and neither he or Morganna had expected so many. It had been quite the adjustment."Well, you wanted more Archers," he countered. 

Inactive No Rank
Sven Archer

"Nope. I think she went off after Adeltra. Wouldn't be like her otherwise. Gotta be a hard choice, being torn between which of your children need you most."

His own parents, Attica's mother, Niles and Angier, they hadn't had such excuses. It had been clear who they'd gone for, who they had put first: themselves. Enoki, though, was one of the first that he would be able to understand. Even if he would have made a different decision himself.

"That I did," Sven replied easily then to Renier's remark of more Archers, without friction or challenge. He understood his desire had hurt and insulted Renier, perhaps in a way that he didn't deserve, but hadn't it all worked out? Regardless, the man would not second guess his own convictions so easily. He still felt that all that had happened and resulted would ultimately prove to be for the best. After all, he would not forget how quickly Renier had made plans to leave them.

"Gotta say, I think you deserve better than her, but you're happy, yeah?"

be a gentleman.
(This post was last modified: Feb 20, 2018, 03:57 AM by Sven.)
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall

"Yes," he agreed, not able to say any more. It wasn't the first time a child had gone missing, and sadly wouldn't be the last.  If anyone was to find the pup Enoki was probably the best hope. What could the rest do but get word out, wait, and take care what was left behind? He didn't know.

The man could not help the smile, how now they could speak with ease. All the tension and unknown had less of a tug at him. Sven was where he needed to be, just like Renier was, and the Archer wasn't going to hate him for it. Things weren't the same, but better than he could have hoped. Though he wasn't sure if the boy, now man would understand how it all had happened. He might think he had run away into Morganna's waiting grasp, when Sven had been the push, and Enoki the next. But, things were probably better this way. He'd always thought about how the Ridge should be in the paws of Elettra's blood and now it was. It needed Sven's ambition.

An ear twitched at that word. Deserve. It was a funny thing. Almost making him want to ask Sven what kind of woman he did deserve, but he didn't ask. Instead his expression steadied. "I am. It's nice being appreciated. Time has a funny way of making things different doesn't it?"  Eyes softened, wondering what the next five years of his life would bring. "I guess you know we'll be around should you need anything. But, I don't doubt between you and Ravenna the Ridge is in good care. Be just like it ought to." He gave him a long look, almost hating to go. Wanting to tell him much more. This wasn't good bye he'd be back. So he dared to give him a parting nudge to his cheek. "Take care of yourself, I'll see you around."

Inactive No Rank
Sven Archer

Appreciated. Sven wanted to scoff at the word, but refrained out of respect for Renier. He doubted very much that Morganna knew how to appreciate anyone, and certainly didn't believe that she felt that way about the Lyall. If it ever became more convenient for her, she would leave him behind just as she had everyone else. But if he was happy believing in this, in giving Morganna countless chances, then who was Sven to try and persuade him otherwise? The man did genuinely look well, despite the traveling, and that spoke of something.

Maybe time could change even wolves like his aunt.

A bolster to his pride was given then, earning another smile from Sven. He lifted a paw to bump Renier's shoulder in return, not quite ready to be affectionate with the man again but also unwilling to deflect the other's gesture.

"You too."

be a gentleman.