365 Users Online
Bing, Google, Jadon, Nadine, Apollo

I say I changed but I really won't — Shallows Edge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
@Reyes <3 <3 <3 , takes place at the reyan den

Reyes should have been back any day now. Askan weren't no fussy wife, but was it really so wrong of him to miss his mate? Even if it was only a little, a smidge? He didn't think so, he thought he was completely entitled to feel those-sort of annoying- wriggly little thoughts. When was he coming back? Today? Tomorrow? Now? Shit, he hoped he'd be back now.

Well...Maybe not right now, that'd sort of ruin the surprise he had in store. And yes, he knew Gabe wasn't fond of them but this was a good thing, hopefully he'd make an exception to his rule just this once, for him.Dragging the moose antler along, Askan backed towards the den, their den. The main one was fine, warm and cosy, and he liked the other's more than he'd probably want to admit but...It was nice having a little space of their own, a spot to retreat to if they wanted some privacy, just for a while.

If he brought the antler to the main den he had no doubt that the kids would be all over it, and that it'd be less of a gift for his mate and more of an amusement for Sachiel and Hawth. So he brought it here, knowing that the others-should have known- knew better than to poke their nose in Askan's personal space.Either way, this was for Reyes. A little throw back to their antler they had to leave behind at the field, and to the pair of moose they found locked together in the ice at the Springs. Oh how things had changed since then.

(This post was last modified: Jan 04, 2018, 02:47 PM by Askan.)
[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Played by Ace who has 510 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Reyes

It was good to be home.

Reyes wasn’t entirely sure if Shallow’s Edge was home just yet – they hadn’t been at the strange pool for that long – but the man had faith it could be, given enough time. Askan was here. Some friends were here. And they didn’t have to answer to anyone else. The wolf really couldn’t want for much more than that.

It was nice, too, that Lachesis wasn’t quite so far away. But that wasn’t what put him in such a fine mood. With his tail swinging loosely behind him, Reyes made his way towards the small den he shared with his mate, ears pricked as he realized the scent was fresh. The dark wolf gave a soft woof, trying to summon his mate out to greet him as he made his way through the trees.

“Askan, what are you doing?”

Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Ah shit.

Askan's ears flattened against his skull as he continued to drag the antler along. He was nearly done, just a little more and then he'd be ready. But being the sappy shit he was, it was hard for him to ignore Reyes' call when every fibre of his being wanted to go to him, to hide his face against his neck. They'd been apart for days now, so what harm would a few more moments do? None, or at least that's what Askan thought as he gritted his teeth and yanked Reyes' present along. There, that would do. Just outside the den's entrance so he could inspect it in the light of day, before moving it inside away from prying eyes.

Bending down into a stretch, Askan's tail wagged behind him as he cast a look over his shoulder. It wasn't his intention to show off his butt but he hoped Gabe liked the view nonetheless.

"I've got something for you, come over here and see."He said, as a grin broke out on his face."How did your trip go? Everything alright in Hearthwood?"

Damn, it was good to see him again, all big and beefy, his winter coat making him look even more so. Forgetting his gift for the moment, Askan turned to face him and just as he'd been tempted to a moment ago he ducked his head down and rested it against the fluff of his mate's throat. This was how it was meant to be, this was home.

(This post was last modified: Jan 04, 2018, 02:50 PM by Askan.)
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Played by Ace who has 510 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Reyes

“I can see your ass just fine from here, cabrón.”

But it was purred like an affectionate nickname, and maybe it was at this point. There was no hiding the slow smile in pale grey eyes. Reyes obeyed easily, his gait something easy and low. He pressed up against his mate, pleased to be back with the man, and leaned in, nibbling at the younger wolf’s scruff. He didn’t mind Askan snuggled up against his winter fluff – in fact, he almost kind of liked it – which was to say he enjoyed it very much indeed.

“Hearthwood is fine. Lachesis wants to come visit, see the place. Told him that was fine. Inna appeared, of course. Invited us for a pack hunt. Told her maybe, but it might good for the pups. I dunno. How’s the Edge?”

Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Askan certainly hoped so. He also hoped it was a more than just fine, because come on, what sort of compliment was that? Half-arsed, half-baked, Reyes could do so so much better than that and they both knew it. Askan's desire for compliments aside, he was very much satisfied with his mate's reaction to his touch. They had done this a hundred times before and would do it a thousand times again in the but it never got old. Askan would never tired or ever even dream of turning him down like a stuck up mutt. He wanted Reyes by his side now and forever and that's all there was to it, nothing complicated or extreme just...The two of them, working together to create something great.

Pulling away- a task which was as difficult as getting out of the den in the morning- Askan took in the sight of his mate once more. His gaze was soft and warm, like early morning sunlight through mist. Most wolves never saw this side to him, sappy, affectionate and smitten to the moon and back but...Reyes was the exception to that rule. That wasn't to say he was immune from Askan's usual glowers and glares, but at least for now he was in the Selwyn's good books. At least until he said something snippy that ticked him off. Damn pest.

"I'm glad." Askan hummed, pleased, as his eyes creased around the edges."Lach has more than enough shit to deal with, didn't want you being a thorn in his side."

Gabe's next works sparked his curiosity. Inna was...Inna but a pack hunt sounded promising. Was she just brown-nosing, or did she really mean it? Reyes and Askan had no one to answer to anymore, no need to grovel or suck up, but the same couldn't be said for Inna now could it? The Edge Lord pursed his lips as he thought about it, then his expression shifted once more as he leaned over to bump Reyes with his shoulder.

"Sounds good. We can ask again in the spring, rich pickings and all. Well...lets see..."Askan trailed off with a wry smile. Reyes had a lot to catch up on."Couple of loners ended up chasing a deer through the Shallows. Told them to bugger off, but the mouthy one didn't like that much so he tried to lunge at Sachiel. You can figure out how that ended." Askan said, his chest puffing up with pride.