(See All?) Announcements
551 Users Online
Bing, Google, Nia

he's got a bad reputation — Red Fern Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
December 5th, Morning, Cloudy, -6°C. Private for @Askan. RE: Lorcan, you have stumbled upon a salmon spawning site.
It had taken Lorcan almost two days to reach the area of the mountain which was situated to the south-west of Hearthwood River. The snow had started to grow heavy by the end of the second day and so the male had sought shelter amongst thick red ferns which fringed along the rubble of the mountain slopes.

The next morning he awoke to find himself cold, shivering, and covered in a frosty blanket of snow which had come to settle on him during the night. Releasing a shaky sigh, the agouti male rose to his paws and gave his coat a violent shake, causing the snow to fly off in all directions and plummet down on the frosted ferns that surrounded him. Wearily his golden eyes then scanned the area. It had been dark when he had settled down to sleep and so he had little opportunity to inspect the territory.

Lorcan was pleased to spot the faint sparkle of moving water, glistening temptingly beneath the morning sun, up ahead. Feeling parched after days spent travelling, the male wasting no time in approaching the river. Eagerly his tongue lapped at the freezing water for a drink, enjoying the sensation of the cold liquid running down his dry throat. It was as he was lifting his head from the water, leaving a stream of it trickling from his charcoal lips, that he noticed the sound of a fish splashing.

Then another.

SPLASH!!!

Without giving it much thought, Lorcan instinctively lunged forwards into the river. Jaws parted wide as he blindly snapped around towards where the sound had come from and, to his amazement, he was able to clamp his teeth around something. Pulling his head back out from the water, his golden eyes crossed as he stared down in delight at the large salmon which flopped weakly between his jaws. Lorcan’s mouth watered eagerly and his stomach rumbled loudly in anticipation.

Finally, it seemed things were starting to improve for the lone male.

(This post was last modified: Dec 02, 2017, 04:44 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Though technically these woods weren't his own, Askan still saw the fern forest as an extension of the Shallows. He didn't patrol them,nor did he stop and start to mark the ground as he went. He was simply observant, for anything that lurked in these woods could easily head north and wander into his home

Following the river west, Askan trailed along it's banks as the mountain loomed in the distance. It reminded him of home, or rather his former home. Nothing but ruins remained there now, or at least that's what he liked to believe. The thought of someone living there, desecrating the once holy ground made his stomach churn with unease.

With a huff he continued on, till his ears perked at the sound of splashing. What? Askan squinted as his gaze narrowed in on the greyish figure in the distance. His nose twitched and shit...What were the chances? He recognised this scent, it was one he wouldn't forget anytime soon. Not because it was important to him, or that he cared for the wolf who possessed it, anything but really. He loathed this fucker with all he had, and this bastard was near his woods, his home.

Wasn't he supposed to be missing? Hadn't be buggered off? That's at least the impression Lach had given him, so why was he here? Fuck off.

Stomping closer, Askan watched him as he wrestled with the fish. Well good for him, he could fish. Tccht.

"Lorcan."Was all Askan said in way of greeting. His displeasure evident in the way his eyes narrowed into a fierce scowl as he held himself tall, tail rigid and stiff like a freshly forged blade. Just the sight of him made Askan's hackles stand on point, seething anger rose to the surface.

He hadn't felt this way in a long long time and honestly, he didn't know what to make of it. This was the old Askan, a part of him he thought he was getting better at controlling. Apparently not. Great.

(This post was last modified: Dec 03, 2017, 01:49 AM by Askan.)
[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Ravenously the hungry male tore into the fish and gulped down chunks of the salmon-pink flesh with enthusiasm. Barely stopping for breath, the large fish was reduced to a mangle of skin and bones within minutes. Lorcan licked his lips eagerly and turned to glance back over towards the river, hoping to spot another fish to chow down on.

The sound of heavy footfall approaching and the mention of his name finally caused his gaze to break away from the frothing surface of the water. The voice was one that sounded familiar to him, but it was only as he turned to acknowledge his companion that he realised exactly who belonged to. “Askan.” He said, not bothering to hide his surprise nor his annoyance at seeing the dark male again.

Pale brows furrowed over his bright golden gaze as he noticed the aggressive way in which @Askan held himself and the fierce scowl which he directed towards him. He wondered for a moment why the male was so far south of the lowlands, but then he remembered he couldn’t care less what the man was up to. Hackles rising, Lorcan puffed up his fur in an attempt to not look as emaciated as he actually was, and finally turned around to stand opposite the male.

“I’ll step aside and let you do your business if you promise not to start anything.” He said calmly, his voice sounding a little less croaky than it had the last time he had spoken. Slowly, the agouti male moved over to his right two paces in an attempt to show he was serious about not starting any trouble. “I’m not in the mood to shout or scuffle with you today.” He added, giving his tail a dismissive flick behind him and a roll of his shoulders. If things went as planned, Askan would move in to take a drink and then piss off again.

# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

The words that passed from Lorcan's lips came as no surprise to the Edge Lord. Fucking typical, even now, nothing more than skin and bones, he still thought he had the authority to tell him what to do. Maybe, just maybe, it was possible that Lorcan had been an okay guy before he'd come to the Lore. But whatever filth Craw had rumbled into his ears had changed him, would change anyone. That smug sense of superiority, the way his eyes narrowed with loathing that was all The Spider, Askan was certain of it.

"You shouldn't be making those sort of demands so close to my home."Askan warned as he took a step forward so his toes dipped into the stream. He wasn't going to promise anything, and why should he?

Maybe it was a good thing that Lorcan was a loner now-aside from the obvious- if things got out of hand then there would be no repercussions to face. No alphas to scold or insult him, his words were his own, as were his deeds. He'd never wanted to rule or conquer as his Father had wanted him to, but he had to admit being a Lord had it perks.

"Things have changed."For Askan it had been for the better. Such a shame the same couldn't be said for Lorcan."So you can ditch your bullshit attitude, that's not how things work anymore."

Never again. He'd carved something out for himself, started a new life with his mate and family, he would not let this smug bastard ruin it. Just his presence alone tainted it, Askan could practically feel his self-righteousness flowing into the stream, seeping into the snow.

He gritted his teeth as his tail began to twitch and his ears flicked back, clear signs his resolve was fading. If he kept on pushing his buttons there'd be a scrap whether Lorcan wanted one or not, that was just the kind of guy Askan was.

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Lorcan didn’t believe himself to be entitled. As far as he was aware, the pair of them were on unclaimed soil, neutral ground, and so if he were trying to be anything it was reasonable. It was clear by now to both them, and indeed anyone who had knowledge of their history, that the two males did not get along. If Lorcan had known that Askan was in the area he would have sooner crossed over the mountain – starving, thirsty or otherwise – than willingly shared his company for even a minute. However, given that they had both been cursed with the misfortune of crossing paths once more, Lorcan had hoped to keep their encounter somewhat civilised.

The agouti male pressed his charcoal lips together and gave a curious tilt of his head at Askan’s warning, before realisation washed over him like ice cold water. Still, he questioned it, not quite willing to believe that his old neighbour was now leader of a pack. He remained still as @Askan approached the stream. Oh? I didn’t smell any obvious borders when I arrived here late last night. Whereabouts have you settled?” He pried, a single brow raised, unable to silence his curiosity.

Russet ears perked up as the dark male addressed him again and his jaws clenched together as he willed himself not to roll his eyes at the comment. “I see that.” He stated plainly as he eyed Askan’s twitching tail and flattened ears. If anyone felt entitled around here it was him. “No need for intimidation, Askan.” He calmly, giving a neutral sway of his tail behind him as he stepped aside a little further. “I get it. You want me gone.” Golden eyes glanced back towards the river, knowing that there was sure to be more fish just waiting to be caught beneath its glistening surface. He licked his lips hungrily.

“Would you, at the very least, allow me just this morning to catch what fish I can before I move on?” He asked, meeting the male’s distinct yellow gaze. They were on unclaimed territory and he had as much right to fish there as Askan and his pack did. “Come back and check by all means, I promise you I will be gone before midday.” He assured the new leader. Lorcan didn't want to stick around for any longer than necessary and surely, in his new position, Askan had learnt to be fair and impartial?

(This post was last modified: Dec 07, 2017, 12:07 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Whilst it was true that Askan was lacking in the manners department, the same could easily be said for Lorcan. If this was his best attempt at being polite then it left a lot to be desired. That snide little 'oh' didn't slip by unnoticed, Askan recognised it for what it was and scowled at Lorcan with all he had.

What? Did he think he was unworthy? That he couldn't handle the job? Tccht. If Craw could do it then why couldn't he? At least Askan knew that he wouldn't abandon his pack in exchange for chasing after some tail. What sort of leader did that, worked so hard to create something for themselves and just abandoned it, passed it on without a care? So not only had Craw been a tyrant and a dickhead, but he was a capricious son of a bitch as well. How unsurprising.

Seriously though, did Lorcan think he could do better, was that it? When would this guy learn, never probably.

"To the north-east of here, not even half a days walk. So yeah, I'd you're pretty close."Hell, if he wanted to he could let out a howl and the others would be here in no time at all. But it wasn't going to come to that, Askan had no interest in airing his dirty laundry. This was just between the two of them.

"If you missed them then your nose is broken, or you came from a different direction."He told him, without even a hint of mirth in his tone or expression.

Askan snorted at his words. If he had hands he would've clapped, slow and sarcastic."Good job, you realised that all by yourself. No shit, I want you gone, just seeing your ugly mug ruined my day."

He couldn't help but smirk a little at that. It was so satisfying, like stepping on freshly fallen snow or catching a bird out of the air mid-flight.

The Edge Lord pursed his lips at Lorcan's proposal. On one paw it was so very tempting to deny him a-clearly- well needed meal, but on the other, was Askan that much of a dick? Yes. Yes he was.

"No. Move your arse now."He said, stomping forward as a growl rippled deep in his throat.

(This post was last modified: Dec 11, 2017, 08:29 PM by Askan.)
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Lorcan’s charcoal lips pulled to one side whilst a single fang bit softly at the other, his pale brows raised hinting at his imprudence. “I actually stopped by here on my way along the mountains.” He corrected coolly, tilting his chin upwards an inch to raise his nose in the air. “So I’d say my nose works just fine.” He mocked, before stealing a sideways glance towards the dark male. There was a certain kind of pleasure to be had in winding the new leader up – payback, perhaps, for all the times Askan had got on his nerves.

Russet ears perked up at the snort and his golden eyes narrowed on the dark male as he verbally mocked him. The bridge of his muzzle dared to wrinkle then, as Lorcan found himself unable to hide his annoyance. “I could say the same thing about you.” He snapped back, though his voice did not raise. Instead he turned to look away and focus on the frothing surface of the water, rolling his eyes back as he did so.

He licked his lips hungrily as he spotted the blurry shape of another large salmon floating just beneath the surface of the river. It hadn’t spotted them, not yet anyway, but Lorcan knew the longer he stared at it and did nothing the smaller his chances of him actually catching it. Stepping as soft and quietly as he could, he ignored the presence of @Askan hovering behind him, and tried to ready himself for an attack on the oblivious fish.

Lorcan’s muscles tensed and his ears pricked upwards as he concentrated on the large salmon. He could feel his mouth begin to water already. On the count of three he would pounce, jaws agape ready to steal himself another morsel.

One, two, thr–It was then that Askan stomped forwards, growling and protesting, which caused the fish to spook and suddenly dart away. “Eugh! Couldn’t you have waited just a moment?!” Lorcan growled, white fangs flashing towards the dark male, now thoroughly pissed off now that he had lost his meal.

# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
gets a bit violent here

Askan dismissed his words with a derisive snort.

They hadn't seen one another in months, close to a year or so, and yet Lorcan hadn't changed one bit. He was still that arrogant, self-centred, smug bastard he'd always been. Askan had thought his time in Hearthwood River would have helped him some, that being in Lach's company would have taught him some manners and a sense of decorum. But clearly not. Lorcan had done nothing but take advantage of the River wolves' hospitality.He'd lied to their face time and time again, and even now Askan doubted he'd even admitted he was at fault. He just left, like the coward he was.

Even now he was living up to Askan's assumptions. He'd just been told to leave, and what was he doing? Staring at fish like he was about to start foaming at the mouth. Pitiful. The Edge Lord wasn't one for kicking those who were already down but shit...his anger sparked like a flash of lightning, and the snarl that passed from his lips was the booming thunder that followed.

Not only was he ignoring him, but he had to nerve to speak to him like that? Fine, they'd do this the hard way.

Without even uttering a single warning, Askan lunged for Lorcan's muzzle and clamped down, hard, till he felt the salty taste of blood upon his tongue. With a lash of his neck, he shoved forward with all of his force and pinned Lorcan down, as the water splashed and frothed around them. Relinquishing his grasp on the mutt's muzzle, Askan used his front paws to keep him in place, squirming and wriggling underwater like those salmon he was so fond of.  The stream wasn't deep, no higher than his knees, but if he held him down long enough he'd drown all the same.

Askan didn't want it to come to that...he wasn't a killer but...Lorcan was going to learn a lesson today whether he liked it or not.

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Lorcan had not expected Askan to lunge for him as quickly as he did. The sound of the dark male’s growl had only just reached his ears, causing them to prick up in response, when there was a blur of movement and a sudden pressure around his muzzle. Everything happened much quicker than he could comprehend and, stumbling over to the side, forced to bend beneath Askan’s weight, Lorcan’s face met the water.

Instinctively Lorcan struggled, panic setting in as his lungs gasped for breath. His vision, though blurry and unfocused, caught glimpses of crimson red within the frothing water around him – the first sign that he was actually bleeding. Desperately his claws scraped against the stony surface of the river bed to try and gain purchase and re-orientate himself. It was only as Askan released his grip that Lorcan scrambled to his paws, and head shot up out of the water to steal a single spluttering breath before his head was pushed down again.

Using all of his force Lorcan pushed his paws against the river bed and stumbled backwards, eventually managing to free his head from the two large paws that had been keeping it under water. He spluttered loudly as he coughed up mouthfuls of water, along with fresh blood that now dripped down his face. Intent on revenge, without much thought into how things might turn out, Lorcan charged forwards with a snarl, through the fast-flowing river, splashing as he went.

He lunged for Askan’s neck, though with blood and water stinging his eyes and still half-choking from almost drowning, his teeth barely scraped the male’s shoulder. Lorcan’s jaws collided together with a teeth-chattering crash before he once again tumbled forwards, unable to bring himself to a sudden stop. He coughed again and his tail lashed out angrily behind him before he growled, teeth bared. This fight wasn't over yet.
# P O R C A N