(See All?) Announcements
580 Users Online
Google, Bing, Mouseling

silence gives you space — Whitestone Monadnock 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kristen who has 301 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer
The dark Archer caught bits of confusion on the boy’s face and she couldn’t say she blamed him. Listening to an explanation of something was certainly not the same as seeing it for yourself. Perhaps Miss. Piety would let Cyril come with them when she returned home so she could show her new friend exactly what she was talking about. It would make for some great adventures and perhaps make the parting a little less bittersweet for them. 

“You excited to go home?” he asked and she smiled a little ruefully. “Yeah,” she said blatantly. It would be a downright lie if she said no and he would know it. Who wouldn’t be excited to go home, especially after being lost for 3 long months. “But I also think I’m going to miss it here a little bit. It really is cool and you guys have been really kind to me. I have my brother back at the Ridge but...he’s my brother. It’s nice to have someone who isn’t required to like you by blood, you know? You’re my first real friend,” she revealed, her tail wagging quickly behind her frame as she bumped her shoulder against the dark boy’s. She hoped they could still continue to be friends from a distance, even if it was a really long distance. Maybe when she was older she'd make her way up every so often to keep in touch, or he could come down. Whichever one worked!
[Image: sW4OLm.png]
Played by Arla who has 387 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Cyril Kael-Santoro

If he had been away from home as long as she had Cyril would be excited to return home, too. It was where her family was, her home, of course she was excited. She did not belong atop the monadnock. No, she belonged beneath the waterfall branches of the willow trees. Although he wanted her to stay Cyril knew that he couldn’t ask her to. It would be selfish and wrong. She needed to get home, let her family know she was alive and well. But he hoped he could join his mother on the trip south, even if it meant leaving the north behind for a few days (or longer). He wanted to see the trees she spoke so fondly of, and make sure she got home safe.

He nodded softly, a sad smile stretching across his dark lips. Ditto, he countered, returning the bump to her shoulder. Sure, he had encountered a few other cubs during his travels, but he hadn’t connected with any of them. Not like he had with Adeltra. Bug had been… annoying, the Rye cub was too far, the other river cub (Oksana) was okay, and Bug’s brother was a little gloomy. But he and Adeltra—they had just clicked. And while Everly was his friend—his bestest friend—she was also much older than him. The ebony Archer was his first real friend around his own age. I might miss you, maybe, he added in response, his yellow gaze returning to the tundra below as he gave a dismissive shrug, if you’re lucky.

Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer
“Ditto,” he replied and she felt happiness swelling in her chest. That he felt the same made her ecstatic. It solidified in the girl that she would find her way back to him at some point after their departure from each other. Once the girl formed a relationship there was no getting away. Yes she’d met Seven but he was an acquaintance. Not to say that she wouldn’t be happy to see him again, but the relationship she’d found with her dark companion was different. They connected in a way that felt natural, like it was meant to happen. Perhaps this was the only good thing to come out of her mistake.

The Archer princess saw right through his teasing words. She let a teasing growl escape her jaws and she playfully nipped at his ear. “What’re you gonna do when I’m gone?” she replied all in good fun.
Inactive No Rank
Cyril Kael-Santoro
fade w/ next few posts? :B

What was he going to do when she was gone? The question earned a frown from the young Kael, his yellow eyes narrowing as he tried to think of an answer to give her. But nothing came. He would return to pestering Everly and Odin, most likely, as they were always willing to entertain him. Maybe he would seek out one of the neighbours to amuse him, but the thought of interacting with them wasn’t appealing. They certainly weren’t Adeltra, that was for sure. She was going to be a hard wolf to replace. Honestly? Probably cry and sulk. He shrugged once more as he flashed her a cheeky grin. The sulking wasn’t far from the truth, as it was going to be boring around the monadnock without the girl’s lively presence. But cry? Not likely.

Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer
Fade with your next post? c:

His reply got a laugh from her, the girl rolling her eyes. She liked his cheek, the way that he could fire back a response with the same wit and sarcasm as her. It made for interesting conversations, always finding that interacting with someone of like-mind more entertaining. She couldn’t imagine Cyril crying, especially over someone as simple as Adeltra. Sure they might miss each other, but they would see each other again someday. That much she was sure of. “Don’t go getting soft on me,” she retorted. A yawn stretched her jaws, the dark Archer rolling onto her back and batting at the boy. “Any good spots around here for naps?” she asked. Valuable information that was.
(This post was last modified: Dec 22, 2017, 09:30 PM by Adeltra.)
Inactive No Rank
Cyril Kael-Santoro

He couldn’t help but roll his eyes at her comment, a cheeky lopsided grin rolling onto his dark features. Soft? Him? Not possible. Knights were incapable of becoming soft! But, that did not mean he wouldn’t miss her. It was nice having someone else his own age to explore with, even if it was only temporary. He had known that from the start. Her home wasn’t in the north, and it never would be. She needed to return to the south, to her family. It would be selfish of him to ask her to stay. Any good spots around here for naps? His ears twitched at the question and he nodded quickly in response, his hindlegs uncoiling from beneath him. You know it, he chirped in response as he stepped toward the small tunnel, his tail flicking behind him as an invitation for her to follow. Cyril knew everything about the monadnock—perhaps even more than both his parents combined! He knew the perfect place for both of them to nap without being disturbed.

Without waiting for a response he jumped into the tunnel and began crawling toward the bright light at the end…

Fade, thread complete.