(See All?) Announcements
375 Users Online

just call me up and I'll answer you — Kingsfall 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 51 posts.
Inactive No Rank
André Jonquille
Truthfully, André had not been expecting to be invited in but he followed nonetheless. He was a guest under Lachesis and Inna meaning he had no reason to fear. The wolves of Hearthwood River seemed to be inviting. It made his chest feel warm with something close to affection. Everyone was being so nice to him.

Red Cedars was the name he tucked away. Good for infections, fleas, and ticks. This certainly was the place to be then. He smiled warmly at the man. His ears leaned with obvious interest. André's head nodded at Lachesis' words. "I can't say I'm terribly surprised some don't survive." It wasn't like he didn't have winters back home. The large male knew how hard winters were when you made all your skills revolve around the earth.

"Inna mentioned lavender being around here. I have to admit I'd be grateful if you let me see some when it comes into bloom." His tail gently swayed behind him.
as of february 19th im not taking new threads with Andre!
im wrapping up current threads before sending him off.
Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

The Raven was rather surprised when Lachesis invited Andre into the territory. She took it as a very good sign though she wasn't expecting it. Joining the two men across the border she followed them to the base of one of the cedars that made up her home.

Lachesis went into an explanation about the bark and the needles and the oil, how it was useful against fleas, ticks, and infection. It reminded her of when she had found Lorcan scratching. The memory caused her a moment of sadness before she shook that off, he was gone now and wouldn't be returning.

“I've used it before,” she stated, “I had to collect the bark and then chew it to release the oils before applying it,” she continued. Looking up to Lachesis to make sure she had the steps right. “It seemed to work right away.”

Andre mentioned the lavender again and wanting to see it. “It's in the Ethos. If you would like I can take you when it is in bloom. I will need to get some for my den anyway,” she offered. She needed some for Oksana and wished it was in bloom already.

[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.

Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

His ears twitched in interest as the raven spoke, announcing that she had used the bark before. Lorcán. Of course. It made sense that the tawny healer would share some knowledge with the Baranski. Being a mother, knowing the basics of medicinal plants was important, especially if Lachesis (or another wolf) was unable to tend to Oksana. He smiled and nodded at her words, his tail swaying slowly behind him. That’s the best way to use it, he responded as his chartreuse gaze wandered toward the surrounding cedars. Fortunately the healer never had to collect the bark, for it engulfed the lands of Hearthwood. It was other plants he had to worry about.

Lavender. Another perk of the Kingswood. The Ethos, while home to former river wolves, remained a soothing place and was abundant with the lilac stalks in the warmer months. You’re more than welcome to see it, he agreed, flashing the green-eyed medic a soft smile, and Inna’s the best tour guide you could ask for. And she was. Being amongst the cedars since birth Inna knew the lands almost better than Lachesis himself. André would be lucky to have the raven as his guide. Kingsfall is also home to pineapple weed—are you familiar with it?

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Inactive No Rank
André Jonquille
Ears stood tall with interest as Inna described how she had used the redwood. Chewing the release oils was not a new concept to the healer but he made a careful mental note to make sure to assign the action to redwood if the need ever arrived. He smiled easily as the pale male responded with his opinion. The best way to use it.

His smile only widened at the friendly hospitality from the two of them. "Sounds like I'd be a fool to pass up the offer." Andre let out a short little laugh, his gaze moving from Inna to Lachesis. He truly would be a fool to pass it up if Inna was the best tour guide.

Pineapple Weed. It was a plant the Gentle Giant had heard of but he never had the honor of using the plant before. His head gave a soft little shake from side to side. "Can't say I am." Because knowing the name wasn't the same as being familiar with the plant.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

When she told how she'd used the red cedar she'd left Lorcan's name out of it. He’d made his choice to leave her without even trying for Oksana's sake. She needed to get used to him not being there since he’d made himself rather clear. It was the reason she hadn't chased after him yo try and work things out with him.

The ethos was a sacred place to her because her parents were buried there but the Lavender that grew there was important too. With Andre being a healer he would need the lavender so she didn't mind showing him where to find it. She smiled shyly when Lachesis claimed she was the best tour guide, she'd never considered herself as such. “Just let me know when you would like to go and I will be happy to show you.” It would of course be best to go in the spring when the Lavender was in full bloom.

Inna had of course never heard of Pineapple weed and was surprised to hear that it grew in the Kingswood. She'd grown up around it and never knew what it was. “I haven't either,” she said shaking her head. She was curious about this one and if it could help her daughter.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

He had no issues with the healer visiting the pack again in the spring. Perhaps he would visit even sooner, rather than waiting for the snow to disappear and the plants to resurface from their winter slumber. But he understood what it was like to be in new territory. The first instinct was to explore, not to settle down. While he was trying to paint Hearthwood in the best light, by mentioning the abundance of herbs that resided within the forest, he could not force the healer to stay. Not when he still had itchy paws to take care of.

It grows in the spring and gives off a sweet scent, like sweet grass, he elaborated, his expression remaining neutral. He had some leftovers of the weed in his infirmary, but he did not know how potent the plant would be. It’s common in both Kingsfall and the tundra west of us, he added, motioning over his shoulder with a flick of his nose, and it has many uses. Infections, fevers, upset stomachs. And it is good for mother’s after giving birth. His eyes fell on Inna, a soft smile tugging at his lips. It was Lorcán who had given the raven herbs after she had delivered Oksana. Lachesis had provided a bundle of herbs to both his mate and Kisla after they had given birth to their respective litters, as it was useful for fighting off postpartum fatigue.

Inactive No Rank
André Jonquille
sorry for the delay! figure one more post for yall and we can wrap this up?<3 @Inna @Lachesis

The large healer was like a sponge, absorbing each word that the pale man explained. His gaze followed as a motion was made towards the tundra. Perhaps he'd have to wander out that way and see what else the tundra might be hiding. Not that he'd likely have much luck but perhaps he'd find another local who was willing to share some information.

"I don't think I should overstay my welcome." He rumbled softly with a smile tugging at his lips. "But I can't thank you for what knowledge you have provided me, Lachesis. And for the kindness, you have provided me, Inna." It was a rather nice first experience to have within these new lands and it would likely set the standard for what he'd expect.

"Perhaps you could show me out?" Green eyes settled on his orange-eyed friend. It was a poor excuse to spend a few more moments with her.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

Listening to Lachesis speak of the plants she wondered why she'd never asked him to teach her what he knew. Sure she'd wanted to be a scout since she was a yearling and had been working toward it since but that didn't mean she couldn't have sought him out for lessons. Maybe it would be something she could pursue and maybe spending time with the pale leader would help their relationship.

Her orange gaze turned on Andre as he spoke of leaving. She was a little disappointed that he was going so soon but he was not part of the pack and had things to do. “You make it very easy to be. I hope we will see you around soon.” She knew they still had the trip to the ethos but wouldn't mind at all seeing him sooner.

“Yes of course,” she agreed glancing up to Lachesis before turning back to Andre a smile on her maw. A few more moments with him before he left and was swallowed up by the lore was something she didn't want to give up.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

You are welcome back here anytime, he hummed in response, a soft smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. Truthfully the pale leader was a little disheartened to hear that André wanted to leave, but the tawny healer was new to the land. Committing to a pack so quickly was difficult to do, especially if a wolf wanted to travel first. But he hoped the newcomer would return soon, either to seek a home or a conversation. He nodded at his second, dismissing her as he took a step away from the pair. Lachesis would leave them to it. It was nice meeting you, André. Like Inna said, I hope we see you again soon. With that he dipped his head and retreated into the cedars, leaving the pair to their walk.

Fade, thread complete.