(See All?) Announcements
544 Users Online
Vanadis, Google, Bing, Nori, Finley, Neo

But you are an artist — Pitch Pine Trail 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Melorama who has 45 posts.
Inactive VI. Yearling
Nevrakis

The yearling's grim expression became more sombre at the pale female's mention of her father also passing away. As he never really knew his parents, losing them was not that big of a deal. For the first few months he had felt like something was missing from his life, but never really knew why. Time passed, though, until that feeling went away. Losing his friend had been one thing, but losing a parent that one had known for an extended period of time and possibly looked up to? That had to be the worst thing to experience. "I can't imagine what you felt, losing a parent that you knew." That was his best attempt at being comforting to the pale female, but he had no idea if it was sufficient enough. He had had non-verbal ways of comforting his friend, though Nevrakis presumed that they would not work as intended on another wolf.

Mouth twisting sideways, Nevrakis tried to think of where the pale female could go if she did want to meet someone that looked like his friend. "I know I travelled west for a long while, so I suppose if you go east enough you might run into one of them. I can't say for sure, though. They also tend to stick in large groups, and not all of them were the friendliest." That was as much information as the yearling could give her, but he would not blame her if she decided not to follow up on his 'directions'. She most likely had more important pack things to do than go on a wild goose chase to find the two-legged creatures.

"Thanks," Nevrakis said in response, a small smile appearing on his maw. She did not need to express any sympathy, but it was appreciated all the same. He was glad when she changed the subject to something lighter, though it would require more thinking on his part. "I dunno, really." He shrugged as he spoke. The yearling was not headed anywhere in particular; he just went where he felt. "I lived in one place so long I feel as if I've missed out on what the world has to offer, I guess. Plus I'm... not really that much of a pack wolf. Big groups aren't exactly my thing, and I probably don't have any special skills a pack leader would want from a wolf." He would just drag everyone down, especially in winter. It was best if he stuck by himself, at least for a little while until he got more experience and could actually be useful.

Played by Pinn who has 460 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Celandine Argyris
let’s admit the world don’t turn around us
Celandine Argyris

Celandine repressed the shrug that threatened to follow his condolences. She felt that it was arguably better to have known her father before his death. Had he ran off like her mother, or died, then she would have lived her entire life not knowing, and that was something the woman could never have accepted. It also meant that she was of an age where she wasn't dependent on the adults around her. She was free to move as she pleased. Everyone didn't have their own special creature to care for them, after all.

Offering Nevarakis a simple nod, she moved on to the next subject. There was no sense dwelling on the past. "I might have to find you again someday. Surely you'll be able to point me in the right direction?" The playful tone of her voice held an underlying seriousness. Maybe she should head west, and see these things for herself. Friendly or not, the alabaster woman was confident that she could handle herself.

"Itchy paws, huh?" A giggle found it's way into the air between them. She understood him a lot more than he could ever know. She was born a pack wolf, but she'd always wonder if she was meant to be a nomad. New places, new experiences, new information, her mind was fond of those things. It was a trait that constantly clashed with her more... unsavory qualities. "Can I tell you secret?" It wasn't anything mind-blowing, or wild. Just something she had never said aloud, though anyone with eyes could tell. "They're not really my thing either." It made logical sense to remain with a pack. Wolves were stronger in numbers, and winters were easier with a couple of extra sets of teeth, but subordinate life was far from ideal. At least for her. "If you've got a set of claws, and a pair of teeth, you'd be helpful. It doesn't take much to dig a cache, or lay your scent around the borders." Even if it was all mind-numbing work. "I think you'd make a good storyteller for the cubs too." She added that last part in light of the tale he'd told earlier. "So don't think so lowly of yourself." 

(This post was last modified: Dec 18, 2017, 04:12 AM by Celandine.)
Have you seen my OOC preferences?
[Image: YCWYGS9.png]
Inactive VI. Yearling
Nevrakis
Terribly sorry for the wait!

A doubtful look appeared momentarily on the yearling's face. He had tried to get as far away from all he knew as quickly as possible, and so never once looked behind him; he was not sure if he would ever be able to find his own way back, nevertheless direct someone there with a high degree of accuracy. However, if the pale female truly wished to see the two-legged and fur-less creatures he would do his best to direct her there, but would firmly draw the line at accompanying her on her journey.

Nevrakis nodded at her admission of having a secret and wishing to tell him about it, though also surprised that she wanted to tell him. He did not feel... worthy enough to be told a secret, but nonetheless would make sure never to tell anyone if that was what she wished. A shy smile made its way onto his maw as she spoke. He could see why she would not be such a fan of being in a pack, if only by her being so far from her pack to the point where he could not even smell where the border was with any clarity. "I promise not to tell anyone your secret," Nevrakis said with a grin, trying his paw at speaking in somewhat a playful tone in an attempt to mimic the pale female's behaviour, but he also completely meant what he said.

The yearling was somewhat skeptical of her words at him being useful even though he had no outstanding qualities, but took it in stride anyways. If she, a pack wolf, thought he had what it took then surely he should stop doubting his abilities so much and listen to her? However, Nevrakis was quite stunned to hear that he would be good at telling stories, and to cubs! "Oh, uh... thanks, I guess?" He stammered out, losing the ability to speak for a few moments, which was ironic to say the least. Thoroughly caught off guard, the yearling struggled to find something to say, managing to latch onto the first coherent though that entered his mind. "Well, I guess this is a good a time as any to tell you that my name is Nevrakis."

Inactive No Rank
Celandine Argyris
Celandine Argyris
I can fade in my next post?

It wasn't the biggest secret in the world, and Celandine was sure that the others knew by observing her, but somehow she felt like this man really planned on keeping it between them. It wouldn't be the end of the world if he told, nor would it change any part of her life, but she felt... grateful somehow? Simply offering him a smile, and a nod, the pale fae accepted his honesty. "I'd have to kill you if you did." Her tone held none of the malice that the words alluded to, and were accompanied by the easy vibration of a giggle. 

It was obvious to the woman that her compliments seemed to make him uncomfortable, so she opted out of pushing him further. "If you ever need a place to stay, I'm sure I'll be easy to find." She kept her tone light,  as if the words were simply an afterthought, so as not to make him feel forced. It wouldn't hurt her feelings if he never decided to seek her out, but at least he knew that the option was there.

Nevrakis. It was fitting somehow. "Oh, I completely forgot." Morganna really must have been rubbing off on her, because she seemed to be forgetting her manners an awful lot nowadays. "I'm Celandine Argryis."

(This post was last modified: Jan 09, 2018, 12:52 AM by Celandine.)
Inactive VI. Yearling
Nevrakis
I'm so sorry for the wait omg. But yea, that's cool with me

Dark ears twitched at the pale female's giggle, at first he had been confused at her choice of words, but her outburst helped him realise that she was joking. He quite liked living, after all. Unsure of how to respond, the yearling simply grinned, shaking out his pelt as he did so. Wheat yellow eyes glanced at her face as she spoke again, offering him a place to stay with her if he wanted to. "I'm sure I'll remember where this place is." And he would make sure to go around it next time, rather than through, and save himself from the horror of walking through sludge.

Though now that he was thinking about it, the ground had long since hardened beneath his paws, or well, as hard as snow could be. It was a far better alternative to say the least. "Well it was nice meeting you, Celandine," Nevrakis said with a happy wave of his tail. "Thank you so much for leading me out of that place, I will never forget your help... and hopefully we will cross paths again in the future." With any luck he would have some tales to tell her if he ever returned, and he was hopeful that they would. Changing the direction his paws were taking him, the yearling paused to glance over his shoulder at the pale female, a smile on his maw. "Apochairetismós, Celandine," he said to her with a smile. "Farewell." And with that he went on his way, slowly but surely into the unknown.

Inactive No Rank
Celandine Argyris
Celandine Argyris

"We're tucked away out here, but once you've been, it's hard to forget." She smiled, though inside she felt like rolling her eyes. The Vale was certainly unforgettable, but not for any reason the pale woman would have deemed good. "It was nice to meet you as well." For once, she might have even been sincere. Anyone who could entertain her for so long was worth knowing. "No worries. I'm glad I could help." A mischievous twinkle lit up her eyes when he spoke of the future. If they did meet again, she'd have a spare favor to use. "Goodbye Nevarakis. I hope you find something worth your while." And there she stood, rooted to her spot as he disappeared over the horizon.