(See All?) Announcements
501 Users Online
Google, Hazelnut, Bing

it's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah — Quaking Vale 
Print · · Subscribe · 4 Loves ·
Played by Pinn who has 460 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Celandine Argyris
She's just here as a bystander, feel free to ignore her presence/skip her/shoot her a look and she'll leave.

The commotion brought her away from the borders where she was laying her scent. It sounded like a scuffle, rather than something you'd expect of a wolf passing. The woman probably would have left Niles to mourn if she knew beforehand, but she didn't, and so her ghostly figure moved to stand next to Renier. Celandine only caught the tail end of things, but the scent of death in the air rang clear. Bright eyes flickered towards Morganna, clearly pushing herself between her brothers. What happened? She wouldn't dare move any closer to the siblings, not that she had any particular inclination to do so. This wasn't her burden to bear. Like the tawny man beside her, she thought it best to stick around. There was work to be done now, and she might as well wait for their orders.

Have you seen my OOC preferences?
[Image: YCWYGS9.png]
Played by Grey who has 228 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Niles Archer Lyall
"No need to yell," it was a pitiful thing to say after trying to backtrack or take back his words. Niles was already upset and it should have been very clear that Skoll's presence was unwarranted. He hadn't had the chance to bid his parents good night and good bye but he was going to have a few more moments with Castel. If he had to bite to get that request across, he wasn't afraid to do so. The whole of his coiled frame tensed and his growl rumbled once more. His hesitation cost him the opportunity to put his older brother in his place and Morganna was quick to arrive on the scene.

He braced himself, debating for a split second if he would maul her, too. The answer came up 'no' in his head. He owed his sister. Her greeting seemed easy, obviously meant to placate him. He merely snapped his teeth in response to at her, even when he knew she was right. They did have work to do yet but all he wanted was a little more time. Just a little more.

While he did not back down, his ears slowly relaxed and his tail gave two lashes at the air. The gesture was a wag, a sign of gladness that Morganna offered to buy him more time, but it was too stiff with resent to be read. He loosened his limbs enough to stand straight, his hind legs dropping the threat of an unanticipated lunge. He kept his eyes trained on Morganna, a hint of a challenge gleaming in his gaze, unaware of the others who had gathered from curiosity and concern. She could only push him so far and pacify him so much; and, he was determined to make sure that she knew it.

"Go, then," his voice was low, anguished at best but stern on his tongue as if he were giving a straight order. "Take Skoll with you to the Apse. Send someone to help me take her there when yer done."
[Image: grey-autumn2014sigNILES.png]
we can say goodbye, just head home, but if we're going to be alone
Chimera is currently traveling with Niles and may hop into this IC thread!
Played by becuffin who has 879 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
wait for me to come home
Morganna Archer

A lip twitched in response to her brother's snap but her teeth remained sheathed as she turned her head to look somewhere over his shoulder. This wasn't the time to be taking this sort of stuff personally. She was no stranger to grief. A singular nod was offered to his words. "I'll come help yer." The only other one that had spent much time with them had been Tikhon or maybe Pietro but this was a task she would take on herself, for everyone's sake. She wouldn't be as put out as others might if he decided rail against fate.

With one more touch of her nose to his cheek she motioned to @Skoll with a tip of her head, eyes scanning the surrounding trees as she stepped away and towards the apse, falling on @Renier and @Celandine, conveying the outcome with a minute shake of her head and another tip to indicate that they should come with her too. Niles needed to be alone, and they should afford him that much.

[Image: hashtags-skollmorganna02.png][Image: hashtags-morgannarenier.png]
Played by Grey who has 448 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sköll Archer
@Renier and @Celandine - if you two would like to tack on a quick ending, please feel free to do so! Otherwise, I shall be archiving this by week's end~

A trembling mess at Morganna's back, Skoll remained in his place until Morganna gestured that he ought to follow her. Unlike their younger brother, Skoll didn't even hesitate. He scrambled to his feet, stumbling twice until he cleared the scene, hot on Morganna's trail. He shivered and shook, unable to take even breaths as he considered what could have been the worst outcome. As it was, it was a marvel that he escaped unscathed. If he had been subject to Anahera's deeds, his muzzle would have been clasped shut with sharp teeth and the whole of his large physique would have been pummeled into the ground. Niles would have easily done so if he had been given a larger window of opportunity.

He failed to heave a relieved sigh and merely stared at the back of his sister's head as she led him away. He would do as he was told (for once), keep his nose down and continue on his road to recovery. As soon as his body's strength returned, he figured he would seize any moment to put Niles in his own place, but until then - and his eyes narrowed as he kept quiet, steps falling wherever Morganna's had been moments before - he would plot on it and wait for Morganna's word. If she was going to favor any of her siblings, he wanted it to be him.

(Fade.)
(This post was last modified: Jan 08, 2018, 10:52 PM by Skoll.)
i'm a dreamer, i'm a man
i'm doing whatever i can to make the bad things go away
Played by becuffin who has 879 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
baby I'm back now, feelin' how I used to feel
Morganna Archer

Morganna wasn't much of a one to interfere in the relationships of her pack mates and push come to shove she would undoubtedly favour Skoll in any squabble, but that didn't mean that she'd rub it in Nile's face. Once they were clear of the den where their brother remained with the body his mate had left behind she would drop back to offer her sibling a gentle bump in the hopes her presence would be enough to stop his shaking.

They finally reached the Apse, and as tough as it was going to be digging into the frozen earth she set to work, knowing the others would join her in the task. There was nothing quite like digging a grave to warm you up on a miserable winters day.

-thread fade-
[Image: hashtags-skollmorganna02.png][Image: hashtags-morgannarenier.png]