(See All?) Announcements
397 Users Online
Apollo, Google, Bing, Oleander

white bird in a black cloud — Umbra Copse 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 524 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
near the borders of QV for @Morganna || Late morning, Cloudy, 25°F (-4°C)

The pale female had seen better days. Her fur lacked proper grooming, form seeming a bit leaner, the tiredness evident in her brown eyes. But heavens above they had made it. The scent of Morganna was unmistakable. Perhaps she would have been more keen to smell other familiar scents if she had been a bit more stable.

She wasted no time tipping her head back to call for the female Archer. Her tone was not light-hearted as it once was. It was more drab and rough. Her presence would be made known, though. When her call ended she settled down on her rear. Piety was tired of standing and moving about. She wanted a break.
[Image: 5mjdmLH.gif]
# C W T
Played by becuffin who has 879 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
No more wrong turns oh I've had it with
Mistakes, misplaced second chances and
Next time I'll try so much harder I'm starting to see
What I've done to me and you
As the Crow Flies - Clare Bowen & Sam Palladio

Yeah I'd cross the world to hold your hand
Morganna Archer

Castel had been put to rest and things had been... well, they had been. The caches were filling, the borders were marked and more wolves arrived at the boundary of Quaking Vale now that their presence was evident. But it wasn't the Lagoon, it wasn't where Morganna belonged, and already the wheels were turning. She would need to give Niles a little more time to grieve, give Skoll a chance to recover, and then she could work on relocating her band once she knew who wished to go and who wanted to stay. Things could get back on the track she had intended them to be from the start.

She only seen Piety recently, so when the familiar call rang across the vale it took a moment to register. She could tell from the tone alone that something was terribly wrong and so with her heart in her throat she raced to close the distance between them, eyes finally falling on the wolf looking far worse for wear than when she had seen her last. In typical fashion she didn't slow her steps, instead colliding with the woman full of anxious whines and questioning eyes as she poked and prodded the Kael in the hopes that closeness alone would be enough to transfer the question that her mouth couldn't form.

[Image: hashtags-skollmorganna02.png][Image: hashtags-morgannarenier.png]
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro

The warmth against her was so welcoming compared to the coldness sense Wraith's passing. Despite the anxious whines of the Archer, Piety found herself unable to speak at first. She had needed this closeness so terribly. There was a comfort that only Morganna could provide, one that no other creature could ever match.

She couldn't stay silent forever, though. Something needed to be said. "It's Wraith." The tattered dove breathed softly into the little space between the two of them. "He's dead and I couldn't stay there. It's not home." She did her best to fight down the lump building in her throat. "Not without you and him there." She could've lived with the dull pain of one of them being gone from the north but two was far too much to handle.

Piety would move to bury her face into the neck of Morganna, she needed her touch. Whether it was soothing comfort or a rough-handed love didn't matter.

Art/Code by Becuffin

# C W T
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
Yeah I'd cross the world to hold your hand
Morganna Archer

Morganna could feel her breath catching before the words left Piety's lips. Wraith was gone? She allowed her head to fall heavily on top of Piety's buried in her neck, her own gaze growing distant as she remembered the first time she had met him at the borders of the ridge, his support while they stayed and willingness to join her when she left. He was as much a father to her children as anyone had been even if he respected her wishes to not place the title upon them. Even when Craw had strayed, he had remained by her side, doing his best to support her and the pack they had built from nothing. He had been fine just weeks ago? So she could only assume it was something unexpected. But she wouldn't go poking fresh wounds.

Forcing herself to swallow, her voice husky with repressed tears she had to question, "Is Cyril with you? Odin?" The latter was old enough to look after himself but she couldn't imagine he would be taking it well regardless. "Will you stay?"

Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro

She wallowed in the touch from the peach-eyed Archer. The questions that followed were to be expected. "Cyril is here but Odin stayed behind. A girl stayed behind with him. They'll do each other well." Even if the duo might be a powerhouse, Piety could still only see the good in them. No matter the loss she suffered there was good planted in those who were there for her.

But then there was a hard question to answer. Piety hadn't planned further than just getting here. The end goal had been to inform Morganna of the bad news. Now she was here and there was another open door for her to face. "I don't know." She whispered soft and raw. "I have Cyril and Cheedo with me." She knew the news of Cheedo might not be pleasant but the small female had been loyal to Piety through it all. "I think I might travel some. Foolish...I know." She smiled softly as she pulled slightly away from Morganna. It was winter but certainly, two adults and one almost grown child could make it through. "Maybe we'll find somewhere to bunker down of our own." Her shoulders shrugged softly.
# C W T
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
@Piety Whoops :/

so close your eyes and know how lucky you are
Morganna Archer

She had heard of the white girl from her son in passing and was grateful that he hadn't remained on the tundra alone. Hopefully, she would be able to talk some sense into him or at least stop him from lashing out at the Rye or River wolves, for she couldn't know how the grief might affect him. Piety's next words, however, had the Archer recoiling, her shoulders growing stiff and hackles raising as she pulled back. She had bought one of Craw's wives here? and they were off to find a place of their own? She should have known.

Suddenly, there was a wall where there hadn't been one before. "Well then yer best not linger too long. This forest has a way o' chewin' wolves up." Her stance was more weary, her eyes colder than they had been before, "Oh, an' make sure I don' catch sight o' Cheedo. I'd hate ter put yer through two losses in such a short time."