(See All?) Announcements
521 Users Online

shot the head off a snake. — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

With her clarification it made a little more sense to the dark man. “Thought you meant Crow’s Crossin’. Of course she wanted to come back here, she had friends here that cared about her and she wasn't treated poorly.” There were many other things that if Kajika thought back to every conversation he'd ever had with Des he could list them. At this particular time he felt it unnecessary. Right now Namir was here for something and he wasn't exactly sure what it was just yet.

‘The price she paid’, those words stuck in his more than anything else that Namir had said. It caused the man to worried that something horrific had happened to Des and Namir was the result of it. It would explain at least in his eyes why she had left the girl behind. She said something else though that contradicted his previous thought, “He's not your father?” Another thought occurred to the cove alpha, “Maybe she couldn't take you because whether you told or not he would have been certain to come after her.” If Namir was the price.

He didn't really know why he was trying to figure this out beside it seemed the longer the girl talked the more it felt like she was trying to understand why she had been left.

“I don't think it is at all. The only one who knows for sure I'd she cared about you is her.” And unfortunately they couldn't ask Des how she felt. It was in that moment he wished that Des would have told him of Naimr as he was fairly certain he would have asked why she'd left her. What was clear now was what Namir wanted to know.

“I don't know what she thought was so good about me,” he answered honestly, “I can tell you I was good to her and cared a lot about her, would have done anything for her. I'm just a regular guy who happened across her when I was new to this land we were friends and then I think we were starting to become more before she disappeared.” He didn't know if any of that would help Des's daughter in finding her answers but he wasn't sure what else to tell her besides, “I loved her but she never knew.”

[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Played by Ace who has 208 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Little Crow

“I said he ain’t my daddy. Didn’t say he weren’t my father.”

There was a big difference there, once she wasn’t real keen on explaining. She’d come here, full of piss and vinegar – but there was no Namid and no Desideria. The woman had been dead so long the grave was cold and the wounds weren’t fresh. A large sigh escaped the yearling as her ears rolled back; mostly, she was tired. She thought she wanted to fight this guy, but he seemed like he knew just as much as her. There was no secret pact, or even a relationship.

Or he was really good at acting. One of those, though.

“Love is for suckers,” she grunted, shaking her head. “Got her a broken leg an’ a pup she didn’ want an’ then it got her dead.” Fuck that. Namir wasn’t going to make her mother’s mistake. She was never going to love anyone, not a single soul. Not even herself, most likely.

“Guess that’s that, then. You know where this Namid lady went?”

[Image: littlecrow_sig_by_becuffin-db81o80.png]

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

She confirmed that Orin was in fact her father just as Kajika had thought which wasn't much of a comfort. Part of him truly felt bad for the girl, the life she had lived. He wished that things had been different for Des which had been a common thought when he thought of the woman he loved. She was dead now and he believed in a better place. “I see, my mistake,” he said apologetically. He didn't say anything when she spoke of love, he could understand why she felt the way she did. “It seems it was important to her for her to go through all of that. That is if that is the reason she did.” Kajika couldn't really know for sure since Des hadn't ever said anything to him and things had seemed so different between them after she had returned.

“I can't tell you where Namid is or if she will ever come back. What I can tell you is that she left to find her children but that is all I know. Did you get what you came for?”

Inactive No Rank
Little Crow

“Nope. Was gonna fight you, y’know, for takin’ her away. But she ain’t here so I guess you don’t got her, neither.”

No one did, now. The earth did. And she fought that on her daily struggle just to keep living, even the days she didn’t feel like it. Giving up just wasn’t really in her. She huffed, glancing around for the-- Well she wasn’t sure what. Ears rolled back. Little Crow shook out her coat. “No answers, neither. Well, not really. But she ain’t gonna answer ‘em now that she’s buzzard food, huh?”

So there were no answers, not for Little Crow. “Life’s just a tough old bitch, I guess.”

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

A smile crossed his dark maw at her admission, “Well then I suppose I should be glad it didn't come to that. No, I don't have her either but I do miss her if nothing else she was a good friend.” Especially when he had needed one most and that was something he would never forget about Des. He felt bad for the girl not finding what she was looking for but maybe in a way it was good. Had she found what she was looking for she might not have liked it. “No, unfortunately not whatever secrets she had she took them with her.” It was too bad that he had not known what would happen so could not know what he should have talked to her about.

He couldn't help but chuckle at her observation of life. “That it is and you spend a lot of it hoping for that one good thing to happen.” At least that was true for him. “Do you have any future plans?”

Inactive No Rank
Little Crow

“Not getting killed.”

And that was about it, really.

Since Dizzy Barreda had left her high and dry at Crow’s Crossing, finding the woman was all she’d thought of.  Little Crow got up every morning because she wanted answers.  She went to sleep thinking that maybe, those answers were just over the horizon.  “That’s about it.  Plans don’t never pan out, anyways.”  She’d planned on finding her mother, finally getting her answers.  Finding Kajika and Namid, demanding to know why they stole her mother – dole at punishment as she saw fit.  But here she was, shooting the shit like it was no big thing.

I'll be seein' ya.  Or not."

That's just how life was.

Exit.

(This post was last modified: Jan 14, 2018, 05:51 PM by Namir.)