(See All?) Announcements
397 Users Online
Google, Bing, Baidu, Apollo

our scars remind us that the past is real — Willow Ridge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Private for @Ravenna. Backdated to December 17th.
Lorcan could not be certain how many days had passed since he had collapsed at the borders of Willow Ridge. Since being helped to the dedicated infirmary chamber, which was situated deep within the main underground den, he had lost all sense of time. With the sunlight unable to reach him, Lorcan spent all of his time in constant darkness. Fortunately, he didn’t mind it too much. He discovered that the lack of light made it much easier, if not actually encouraged him, to sleep more.

When he wasn’t asleep, which he was for the vast majority of the time, Lorcan had found several ways to keep himself entertained whilst he was cooped up. The male spent many hours simply listening to the sounds that echoed down from outside; the sweet sound of birds tweeting and chattering in the trees, the whistling of the wind as it swept over the rocks, and the rattling of the willows in the breeze. He also kept himself busy by trying to identify the particular herbs and flowers which made up the distinctive scent which consumed his chamber, and when he eventually grew tired of that, @Adeltra occasionally stopped by for a visit.

Lorcan released a tired yawn before he shifted to place his chin gently on his outstretched paws. Contentedly, he lay upon the various fur skins and bird feathers which adorned the chamber floor, and turned his bright golden gaze towards the gloomy darkness of the tunnel which led out of the infirmary. Whilst he was appreciative of the warm and private sanctuary he had been provided within the pack, he couldn’t help but feel he was stealing all of their precious resources. It was the beginning of winter and Lorcan knew from experience how hard things could get.

The male was desperate to get better quickly and contribute to the pack who had afforded him such kindness and generosity, even if only for the winter.
(This post was last modified: Dec 21, 2017, 07:56 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Played by Vami who has 488 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
It had been three days (or maybe it had been four?) since the man named 'Lorcan' had quite literally fallen into Willow Ridge's doorstep. Since then, three other wolves had come to the Pack's borders to join the ranks and a fourth which Ravenna had brought back home with her. All the while, Lorcan remained here, hauled away in the shadows like a secret. The pack, much to Ravenna's surprise with the coming of winter, was buzzing with life and when Ravenna was not able, she made sure to put @Leotie and @Sven to work with keeping their subordinates busy in tasks as well as to make sure they were settling comfortably in their new home. She did not know how long the new wolves would stay and if it was only through the winter, but ether way if they worked hard for their placement while they were here, she did not mind. It was keeping everyone alive and healthy through the winter, especially the safety of the pups, was what was most important.

By now, it was late in the night, far beyond midnight, the moon full and bright in the clear sky, a rare occasion for the winter season. She had been a busy woman yet another day but had been restless, sleeping for a fee hours before rising again. In her jaws she held a thick chunk of red meat from the deer which the pack had recently hunted. Enough deer to make every member in the ranks fattened for a time even if food should grow scarce in the later months. She trotted into the large pack den opening, brushing along her pack mates affectionately, all the while her tail high. Making way to the back wall of the den, she dipped down and wriggled into the tunnel which led into the Infirmary which her patient was kept.

He was awake. Ninety percent of the time she had come down here he was sleeping, so she quietly settled down a pile of herb and meat for him to eat before slipping out. Adeltra was the one who had spoken far more to him. He was an easy patient, didn't try to do more then he felt he could, didn't object the treatments, didn't ask alot of questions. It was like he had already known the process and, unknownly to Ravenna, he did, being a Healer himself.

She settled the piece of meat before his forelimbs, which outstretched before him as he lay. "Surprised to see you awake." She admitted before coming to a sit before him. There was plenty of room for the pair and some. After all, there had been a lot of time to build on this Infirmary in the five years this pack had lasted. "You seem much better."

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
The dull thud of footfall up above caused his ears to prick curiously. Nosily he tried to listen in on the main den chamber, intrigued to know what was going on. However when the sound of claws scratching against stone echoed down the tunnel towards him, Lorcan quickly dropped his ears as if he hadn’t been listening. Reaching out with his nose, the male used scent to identify who was crawling down to meet him, and when upon realising it to be @Ravenna immediately became nervous.

In the back of his mind he had been dreading the time when one of the leaders would come down to see him. Perhaps it was due to him witnessing how Anaia had been treated by Craw, when she had turned up with an injury, that made Lorcan believe that their hospitality would run out. He was after all worthless in his current condition and winter was sure to put a strain on the southern pack.

Greeting Ravenna with a soft blink in acknowledgement, he remained silent as she moved to place the herbs and a generous piece of deer flesh directly in front of him. Hungrily he eyed the chunk of meat, but reached forwards only to grasp the herbs she had placed alongside it into his mouth. He swallowed the plants down quickly, not wanting to experience the displeasure that came with tasting them.

Golden eyes flickered back to focus on the silver gaze of Ravenna as she spoke to him. Lorcan blushed, suddenly feeling very embarrassed. “I’m sorry, I keep dozing off in here…” He admitted himself awkwardly, before attempting to offer her a shy smile as she moved to sit down before him. He nodded as she proceeded to comment on his improved condition. “Yes, thank you. I’m certainly feeling a lot stronger than I was before, and my ribs are less painful now.” He assured her, with an optimistic thump of his tail. The deep scratches on his face made by Askan were still painful and stiff where the skin was now scabbing over the once bleeding wounds.

Lorcan glanced back towards the chunk of meat that still sat in front of him. “Y-you should take some of this back..” He suggested nervously, not wanting to cause offence. “You have already been so generous by providing me with medical treatment and shelter, I do not want your pack to go hungry because of me.” The size of meat she had offered him would keep a wolf full for days. Feeding it to a serving member of the pack seemed much more logical to Lorcan. “Please, I insist.” He urged her quietly, nudging the food towards her with his nose.
(This post was last modified: Dec 21, 2017, 10:42 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
It was true Ravenna had been hesitant on just how much the pack should help Loran. While giving him something to eat, some herbs, and warming him up was a good idea, it had been Adeltra who had thought to bring him into the pack's home. It was a risk, bringing a completely strange creature into the pack, though Ravenna had request for @Sven to keep an eye out and let's face it, given his state, she didn't think he could be too much of a threat.

Ravenna watched as Loran quickly made way for the herbs, downing them though for the time being, left the meat to sit there before him. He admitted he was feeling better, that his ribs didn't hurt so much ether. It would take him quite a while longer before he would do any running on his own, which put hunting out for sure, though certainly he could work around doing something if he were to stick around. Ravenna didn't know if he would, however and it was a worry that had been plaguing her mind.

"That is the point though, isn't it? You should be warm and comfortable down here while retaining your strength." She spoke with a smile in comment about him dozing off alot. With all the furs, features, and calming scents of herbs, it was no wonder. Studying him, she takes further note to the scarring over his features, still scabbed, not old at all. It was obvious he had gone through some hell before turning up at her borders.

He insist on her taking the meat back which she had offered him, even going to far as to nudge it back into her direction. Not many loners, injured and hungry, would do such a thing especially in the winter. His action would only push her to believing he was a good one to have around. Her ears turned back, a small huff escaping her before speaking. "Do you plan on leaving soon then?" She wondered, disappointment lacing her words. After all, if he was denying food he couldn't stay down here for you much longer and survive.

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Lorcan hummed in agreement, a small smile tugging at the corners of his charcoal lips, as he gave a quick nod of his head. “I’ve certainly been both of those things down here. Your pack has done a great job with this infirmary.” He commented, turning his head to peer at the furnished chamber around him through the ever-present darkness. “When I served as a healer in one of my previous packs, we only had an old coyote den to offer the sick and injured.” It hadn’t even been a dedicated infirmary, merely a hole in the ground that worked to keep the majority of the wind, rain and snow away from the occupant within it.

Nervously nudging the large chunk of meat towards the leader, he was quick to spot the way her dark ears folded back. Lorcan stopped the action immediately and pulled his head back, pressing it flat against the fur rugs in apology. He had offended her. Inwardly he cursed himself for being so rude as to refuse food in front of the reigning female. His top lip twitched anxiously as she huffed, ready to pull into a submissive grin at any moment…

"Do you plan on leaving soon then?"

Ravenna’s disappointment was obvious, as was Lorcan’s awkwardness about answering. “No…” He was panicking. He could feel his heart racing in his chest as he began to feel pressured for an answer. “I don’t know.” He said, sounding more genuine this time. It was time he told her the truth. “I do like it here, a lot…” Lorcan admitted, meeting her silver gaze in an attempt to prove his honesty. “…but I actually came here looking for someone.”

“Her name is @Piety, I was told she would be coming this way?” He began, flashing @Ravenna a questioning look. “I was hoping to track her down and see if she's alright. She just lost her mate and…” He paused, biting at his own tongue. The silver woman had not asked for his entire life story. “Anyway, I don’t know where she is now,” She certainly wasn’t here. “and I don’t know how long it will take for me to find her.” She could have been at the lagoon with @Morganna by now, or anywhere in fact, and Lorcan didn’t want to pledge his loyalty to Willow Ridge whilst everything was still uncertain.
(This post was last modified: Dec 22, 2017, 12:36 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
A young deer has been separated from the rest of its herd. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
He spoke of his previous home now, describing the den used for those in need of care in the pack and letting her know that he had been a healer too. There was not any other healer within Willow Ridge, savor herself, and it was interesting to know that there was others out there within the sea of guardians and scouts. Not many could pull off the study and tedious work of being an herbalist. "We've had a lot of time to build and adjust. Willow Ridge has been here for over five years and my mother was the best medic the Lore has seen, as far as I have ever been told." She couldn't help but boast, a smile over her features as the thought of her mother.

He was a nervous fellow, this much was obvious, by the twitch of his lip, his head falling down quickly, uncertain of his next words. It was hard to blame him. He was injured and week, hidden away in a den deep within another Pack's territory, surrounded by strangers. She figured she would be nervous too, but it was hard to imagine until something like that actually happen to you.

Lorcan was not certain what he was going to do with himself, saying that he thus far enjoyed the place, what little he was able to see although he had a mission which had brought him to the south of begin with which he found himself explaining. Ravenna listened carefully. He was friends with Piety, Sven's mother. What a small world it was for everyone to be so connected. "I was told about what happened at the Monadnock. Because of it Odin and Kip had decided to join us here." She spoke, mentioning her nephew and his friend which had decided to join Willow Ridge in the aftermath of her sister's founding pack being disbanded. "Piety should not be far. She is the one who returned Adeltra to us when she got lost. She is close to my sister, Morganna, and it is likely she is with her just over the mountains in a pack called Quaking Vale - one of my brother's leads it." Hopefully, that would be enough information to set the man's mind at ease.

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
It was interesting to learn how well established Willow Ridge was. The fact that the southern pack had been around for half a decade implied that it was strong, even with small numbers, with an abundance of resources to keep the wolves fit even through winter. Whilst Lorcan did not imagine that life so close to the mountains could be easy, the fact that the pack was still here filled him with a sense of security.

Lorcan’s head tipped to one side curiously and his russet ears pricked up with interest as Ravenna spoke of her mother. He smiled back at her. “I’ve been a healer for over a year now.” He recalled. “Everything I know I learnt from my mother, as well as a few other medics I met during my time in these parts. It is a shame, though, that I didn’t get to learn from your mother as well. I’m sure she would have had a lot to teach me…” He paused, his pale brows furrowing into a sorrowful frown as his golden gaze flitted down to his paws. A few heartbeats later Lorcan eyes returned to focus on the silver leader. “Though it seems all her knowledge wasn’t lost.” He smiled across to Ravenna. She had done a good job at caring for him. Perhaps she took after her mother in that way.

“What were those mushrooms? I’ve never come across them before, until here.” Lorcan couldn’t help but ask. He’d been wondering what they were for days now, but had never had the chance to ask as it seemed he’d been asleep every time Ravenna had come to visit him previously.

Talking about his healer role had made him feel more at ease, less intimidated. However, the male didn’t stay relaxed for long as the leader surprised him with a direct question about his intentions of staying. Immediately he became nervous and awkward again, much like he had been when he had first arrived at the Lore. Though they had all been kind to him up until now, Lorcan had not had the time to truly get to know and understand the wolves within Willow Ridge, or the core values which governed the pack itself. Therefore he wasn’t sure if his honesty would go down well with Ravenna. Another wolf might have taken him for being rude, or indecisive and therefore untrustworthy, and chase him out as soon as they had the chance.

Lorcan waited with baited breath for the silver leader to acknowledge what he had said and give her answer. He was initially surprised to hear that she already knew about the events at Whitestone Monadnock, but then the mention of @Odin and his tag-along Kip explained that mystery. The male’s black tipped tail thumped against the stone at the mention of the one eyed-boy. He was glad that Odin had been smart enough to seek out a pack for the winter. Life as a loner in the lowlands was a harsh one. Next the mention of Piety stole his interest and his golden eyes widened in relief when @Ravenna mentioned that both her and Morganna were not that far away, in a pack led by her brother.

“Greer?” Lorcan interjected, before he suddenly back-tracked. “Odin was the one who told me about Piety, and Morganna actually. I used to serve her and Craw at the monadnock before I moved to Hearthwood River after they both left.” He explained, golden eyes glancing up to meet Ravenna’s bright silver stare. It seemed it was a small world, yet there was still so much for him to get his head around.
Don't feel obliged to match the length of this post ^-^"
(This post was last modified: Jan 07, 2018, 03:54 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
I had a lot to work with though. :)

It was easy enough to say that the founding members of the pack, mainly her mother really, had done a fine job at picking a placement for her home. The Drooping Willows was comforting. It was not a confining forward like the Thicket of Secrets or the Ghastly forest. It still offered protection with the large, willowed branches and not far from the mountains they had found a good rocky formation for their pack's den above ground, making it less likely to flood or collapse. Their lands bordered good hunting grounds like the Rise and Meadow as well, where grazing animals often looked for lush grasses and flower. Ravenna was very happy to call this place home and in her travels, still did not feel anything had been more beautiful.

Lorcan then went on to explain he had learned much of what he knew from his mother as well and other healers he had met in passing. Already Ravenna had taught a bit to @Odin and @Kerberos and now as Lorcan questioned her about the mushrooms, perhaps she would teach him a thing or two as well and he, to her. Surely there was herbs up in the north he knew of that would be useful that she had never seen down here in the south. Elettra had tried to show her everything she could that was not too far from home, though there was of course different medical plants in different places of the Lore that would continue to further Ravenna's knowledge and Lorcan's own.

"Thank you." She spoke with a small smile to Lorcan's kind words of behalf of her since passed mother and herself. It was always good to hear when others mentioned Ravenna being like Elettra in any way, with how well everyone had spoken of Elettra. "My mother said the correct term is Chaga, though she called it birch rot. I have only ever been able to find it in the Wildwood two days north so travelling with it is a pain." She couldn't help but admit, not really meaning to make the other wolf feel bad if she had. "It grows on the trunks of birch trees so it takes a bit of effort to get to. It basically looks like black rot on the tree, or even like the tree was charred from fire. When you bit into it, its orange inside. Its easy to use because you just have to gnaw on it and let it work with your saliva. If you take a little each day, within a week your immune system will boost, boosts memory, and blood flow."

After explaining about the mushroom as best as she could, their conversation moved on again more along the lines of Lorcan staying here or not. He had been uncertain, mentioning his reason for coming down south to begin with. He had been a member to Morganna once before and Ravenna would be left to wonder if he would end up joining her ranks once again. Morganna had many followers, after all, who's loyalty went beyond pack lands. Even without her territory, she still somehow had 'members' with her. Lorcan's words allowed her to further know that he knew of Odin and Greer and why would he not, given the fact that all had been a member of Morganna's pack in the north at one point in time. "Niles' pack, actually." She corrected him when he had mentioned Greer. "It is days further to the east, far beyond the mountain. Niles' mate has fallen very ill and Morganna decided to stay with him for the time being in order to help as best she could. She had thought to settle in the Lagoon before paw, so may return to her original plan in time." Of course, it all depended on how long it took before Niles' mate got better, or if she got better at all. She wondered, a bit, if @Niles would have ever come to her for help instead, ha it not been for how horrible their last interaction had gone.
(This post was last modified: Jan 08, 2018, 12:18 AM by Ravenna.)

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Russet ears perked up with interest as @Ravenna told him the of the mushrooms she had been prescribing him and also explained, in amazing detail, where they grew and how they worked within the body. Lorcan did feel a pang of guilt as she informed him how far she had to travel to retrieve the fungi, which cause his smile to falter for just a moment as he listened.

Tipping his head up towards her decisively, he made a promise to her. “At some point, when I am better, I’ll travel to the Wildwood and collect you some more.” The furrowing of his brow over his bright golden gaze proved that he was being serious. Whether he chose to remain with the pack or not, he would go out of his way to repay her with this one small act. “…It’s the least I can do.” He added quietly. Lorcan had decided and now, whether Ravenna protested or not, he would not be persuaded otherwise.

When Ravenna had asked him whether he planned to stay with Willow Ridge, Lorcan had been indecisive. He had travelled all this way in search of Piety and Morganna, only to find that he had missed Piety but that the two of them were likely residing in another pack nearby. Not with Greer, but with another of her brothers, Niles. “Oh..” Lorcan uttered in surprise, only then just coming to realise how large, powerful and extensive the Archer family really was.

Ravenna mentioned that Quaking Vale was on the other side of the mountain only a day away, but – “What about the lagoon? Is it far from here?” He asked curiously, golden eyes glancing up to meet her silver stare.
# P O R C A N