(See All?) Announcements
504 Users Online
Google, Bing, Neo, Adora, Jethro

v, is for very very, extra-ly annoying — Shallows Edge 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 86 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Cancer
open to anyone, but they're looking for @Reyes and @Askan in particular. takes place after this thread so backdated for 12/18.

At the least, she hadn't continued to chatter. Their return to the Shallow's territory was conducted in almost absolute silence, which was exactly the way Cancer preferred it. This probably meant that the whole ordeal was almost over. Yeah, he'd be able to just dump the girl onto Kana and Rey and walk away at that point, washing his paws of the stuttering child. Might not even ever see her again.

As they crossed into claimed land, he felt his muscles and features relaxing in anticipation of finding solitude once more. Already in a far improved mood, he was almost mirthful as he tilted his head back, calling for his leaders to announce that he had something for them. Freedom was so close he could taste it.
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
@Risaela
Guard Dem 1/3

Askan grimaced as the call met his ears. What was it now? Even more bears? A rogue group of loners? A mountain lion or two?He could have sworn that the Field never had this many visitors, or things for the old pair to attend to, but damn, the same couldn't be said for the Shallows, could it? He wasn't too annoyed, he was glad that the newest member of his pack was doing their part but...damn, one quiet day would've been nice.

Being the diligent Edge Lord he was, Askan peeled himself away from his mate's side (they'd been laying huddled, side by side, no big surprise there) and headed north, weaving through the trees till he approached the border.

So what did Cancer have for him now? More birds maybe? That'd be nice, but he doubted it, nor did Cancer seem the sort for idle chit-chat.Either way, he wanted something and Askan supposed he'd figure out what soon enough. Emerging through the trees, Askan slowed to a stop as he glanced ahead at his subordinate. He looked well enough, his dark coat contrasting sharply against the bright snow and-oh ,he had company. A wolf Askan didn't think he'd see again, or at least not any time soon anyway.Risaela. The girl with the dead parents.

Yikes. At least he had the mind not to say that aloud.

"Where'd you find this one?"He asked, turning to look at Cancer once more."Long time no see."He greeted, a hint of a smile tugging at his lips.

(This post was last modified: Mar 27, 2018, 08:26 PM by Askan.)
[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Played by Van who has 241 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Risaela ???
Thank you for getting this up Cade!

Ris had been on her best behavior for the whole rest of the trip. She remained close to the older wolf, but not close enough to cause issues, and she didn’t speak unless it was absolutely necessary. Which occasionally involved pointing out a bird or a squirrel along their way, but that was beside the point entirely.

She did begin to speak up at the border, however, because the grumpy old wolf she had liked so much in the Fields was quick to show up. Her tail swished happily behind her and she bounded forward to tap her nose against his muzzle in a joyful greeting, her body giving an excited wriggle. ”Hi, Uncle K-Kana!” she greeted enthusiastically, before realizing she had hopped right over the borders and that that was not okay. The pup skittered back across and plopped her rump down in the snow, her tail still whipping behind her as she offered a sheepish, ”I’m sorry!”
Inactive II. Subordinate
Cancer
Thankfully, Askan was quick to meet them, and good, he did recognize the whelp. Cancer nearly breathed a sigh of relief, all the more certain he'd be able to scram in the next minute or two and rest his weary eyes and ears.

"Thing was wanderin' around north of here, lookin' for you and Reyes apparently."

He would've asked after her parents and pack, made his annoyance that this had become his responsibility due to their lack of attention, but in all honestly, the Edge wolf didn't care enough. Uncle she had called him. They were related? Well damn, wasn't he lucky he'd picked her up instead of being the guy that'd left the alpha's niece to be mauled by a mountain lion or some shit. She bounded away from him and he meant to step forward, but then she was back in his way again and the paw he'd lifted to move with stomped back into the snow as Cancer cocked a brow down at her. What was she... ?

He butted his head against her shoulders and pushed, scooting her heavy, gangly ass through the snow with strength his lanky form kept well hidden.

"Get on, y'little time sponge."
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
Guard dem 2/3

He should've seen it coming, known better by this point,  but when she bounded over to greet him his first instinct was to stiffen and wrinkle his nose. She wasn't the worse, not by a long shot, but it would have been nice to have a bit of warning. Aside from being yelled at that is. Once the brief feeling of 'what the hell' wore off he allowed her to touch him and dipped his head a little to make her task easier.  Her apology went ignored, it wasn't a real problem. It wasn't as if she had thundered over the border with impunity, like some other twat that came to mind, but that was neither here nor there.

"How did you know we had settled here, did Lachesis tell you?"He asked with a raised brow. He figured as much though, either that or she'd done some snooping of her own, but if that was the case then would she have needed Cancer to lead her here? Probably."Be careful Cancer, whether you like it or not you've made a friend."

That was just how the kid was, Askan supposed. A social butterfly without the wings. Askan had accepted his fate a while back, it was about time that Cancer did the same.

"Did you just drop to say hi, or is there something on your mind?"He figured he might as well ask. Reyes had been to the River somewhat recently, but he knew all sorts of things could change in a week or two."Bit of a journey for a social visit." He remarked, eyeing the snow that went well above her knee.

Inactive No Rank
Risaela ???
Ris squeaked when Cancer began to push her into the snow, and she butted back at him just a bit. She wasn't as strong, no, but she was definitely sturdier than she appeared. The child huffed and planted her paws down on the ground, determined not to get her nose under the snow. That'd be way too cold, and she didn't want to deal with it at the moment. Another soft chuffing noise slipped from her lips as she moved to answer Kana's question. "N-no, S.... uhm... Sach-i-el...?" The breaking up of the name was moreso just her trying to figure out if she had the right name in her mind rather than a side effect to her speech impediment. "Sachiel told m-me." Not that he had really told her she could come over, but that didn't really matter at the moment.

Askan went on to mention that the journey she'd taken to get there was a long one, but she didn't really see it. The Fields were much further away than this place. Was it silly that she had come down there simply because she had wanted to see them? "I... I kind of jus' wanted to c-come and see you," she admitted, shifting her paws a bit. She actually rather enjoyed the snow. "Is that ok-okay? I can leave," the girl went on, her tail drooping just a bit in slight disappointment. Of course, there were other reasons why she had come down there, but did Askan really want to know that? "Um... Inna w-was mean to me, a lil' while ago, 'n I wa-wanted to go away for a coupla days, maybe. I mi-missed you and wanted to see if y-you were happy. C-Cancer was nice, 'n brought me ta make sure I didn't get lost." She bumped her shoulder against the dark-furred teen's as she spoke of him.

Yeah, they were friends. It was firmly decided. He wasn't as nice as Lach or anything, but he was much nicer than most.

"Are ya happy?" she prompted, her tail giving a couple of soft swishes behind her as she waited for a response.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Cancer
Cancer raised a brow at his alpha. A friend? Like hell. She really did seem the type though, to stick to any wolf like glue. After all, she'd made it all the way here of her own volition 'just to visit.' Well then, he'd just have to make himself scarce if she ever found her way back again. That should work.

He was thankful that the youth didn't have a comment about it, at least. She latched onto Askan's questions for her instead, and they started trading names and happenings that really did not interest Cancer in the least. Viewing his work as completed, he waited only a minute or so more before silently taking his leave. It was time to grab a snack as reward for his good deed of the day. Or month.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
Guard dem 3/3

Askan had never wanted to be a mind reader as he didn't give a shit about the thoughts that bobbed around in other's heads, but he supposed it would've come in handy around about now. The look on Cancer's face was telling enough, tight and scrunched up like he'd licked something sour, but really what was going on in that head of his? The Edge Lord could hazard a guess or two but as always the yearling was hard for Askan to read. Like a book with whole chapters missing.

The Edge Lord could feel where Cancer was coming from though. He'd never asked for this...and yet here she was, all stuttering and shy like the day she'd been when they'd first met. From the corner of his eye he noticed Cancer trying to slink off unnoticed. On one paw he couldn't blame him, that's exactly the sort of thing he would've tried. But on the other , damn it he wasn't sure if he wanted to be left alone with lil Miss Sunshine. Being social was hard enough, sunny types made it all the more difficult.

Askan watched him go with a sour squint but said nothing of it. If push came to shove he'd make Cancer walk her back, it'd serve him right for ditching him. Besides, maybe some time in her presence would do him some good. At the very least it would amuse the Selwyn for a few seconds.

"It's fine," he told her, waving away her worries with a swish of his tail. What wasn't so fine was the fact that  Inna was flapping her gums being mean to a kid. Even Askan wasn't that bad, or at least he tried not to be. "What's she done now?"

Because it was always something.

"We're doing fine here, don't worry about it." That was an understatement, but whatever.  Didn't want to toot his horn too loudly. "I like it here better than the Field. Being your own boss has its perks."He said, his lips twitching up into a smirk.

Inactive No Rank
Risaela ???
Pale ears perked forward when Askan said it was fine for her to be there, and then flattened again at the mention of Inna. "She... uh... she said I-I was gonna leave forever," she explained, her eyes burning and filling up with tears at the very implication behind the words. "That I'd ne-never come home again. But she's w-wrong!" the girl explained, silver eyes round and watery, though she stubbornly refused to cry. Not in front of these two - they seemed so tough, and she wanted to be tough, too.

It was a relief to hear that they were doing okay, and the pup wiped at her muzzle with her forepaws before pressing her nose against Askan's cheek affectionately. "Good!" she chirruped, her tail swishing behind her in quick little arcs. That was definitely a relief to hear - she wanted her loved ones to be healthy and happy, and Askan certainly seemed that way. "I m-missed you, and-"

The girl broke off at the sight of Cancer trying to sneak away.

"Wait!" she called, bouncing over to stand in front of him and block his path. Her silver eyes met his dark blue seriously as she stated, "Y-you can't go b-before I say thank you f-for bringin' me here." She stood on tiptoe to press her nose to his cheek like she had done with Askan before leaning back and giving him a sunny smile. "Thank y-you!"
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
granted permission to post again by cade

Askan rolled his eyes. Of course Inna talked shit, that was all she was good at, apparently. That and spreading her legs, oh and lying.

"Of course she's wrong." Askan agreed with ease, waving the issue away with a confident flick of his tail. "Don't listen to a word she says, Risaela. None of it is of any substance anyway."

He knew that well enough, Inna had been so... small talky, just thinking about it made him want to yawn. Not that he got the chance to, as soon enough Ris bound up into his space and gave his cheek a quick, if not chaste, kiss. He wrinkled his nose at the touch, caught a little off guard, but he made a pointed effort not to jerk away. As hard as it was. Unexpected contact was not something he dealt well with, even now. But whatever, it was a nice gesture, he supposed,  could tolerate it, if he must.

"Yeah, Bird Boy, where do you think you're going?" Askan wasn't just going to let him slip away like that. A shit eating grin emerged on his face as he turned and rested his gaze on his subordinate, stopping him in his tracks. "Why don't you show Ris around? Surely, you don't have anything better to do, right?

If Askan was going down he was going to drag Cancer down with him.

(This post was last modified: Mar 27, 2018, 08:29 PM by Askan.)