(See All?) Announcements
407 Users Online
Google, Juniper, Apollo, Adelard

This goodbye is final — Secret Woodlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Mily who has 268 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Miccah Athesila
This will be Miccah's last thread. It's been a great ride and I'm sorry that I couldn't be more active with him this past year. Puppy stated what I was feeling beautifully and now its time for final goodbyes </3. 

Miccah is in the medicinal den and has been for the past few weeks.

@Aideen @Paschal @Enia @Adimar 

It was time. He knew, he knew but he he yearned for more time. One by one they had fallen, yet the Woodlands had rose again, but now...now Miccah didn't know what the future held. His sickness had returned, and this time with a vengeance. Aideen seemed to have tried everything, but her solutions were temporary. Whatever concoction she gave him would work for a few days and the ex king would start to feel marginally better, but then the medicine would wear off and he would be right back where he started - his lungs feeling like they could barely take in air and the incessant pain in his chest. He was tired, so damn tired. He hadn't ever wanted it to end this way. He had always been strong for his family and for his pack, and here he was, the weakest version of himself he had ever been. He wanted to be strong for them. He needed to be strong for them. For his mate, his children, and the few others that had remained.

Miccah called for his wife then. "Aideen." He lifted his blue gaze to the entrance, his blue gaze strong. Because even though he was weak, even though he was dying, he was still Miccah Athesila. The man who had lived and breathed for the Woodlands even before he took reign. The man who had poured his soul into making it thrive - even when his heart had been broken, even when Nina had fallen, and even when his soul was in pieces. He was the man who Nina had entrusted. He had fallen in love within these lands, had raised his children in these lands...it was only fitting that he die in these lands too. A bittersweet smile curved upon his maw as he called out to his wife once more, "My light, my love..." It was time.

”Speech” 

(This post was last modified: Dec 31, 2017, 11:22 PM by Miccah.)
Played by PuppyThief who has 418 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aideen Smoke-Athesila

She’d tried everything! Anything she could possibly think of, even the most far fetched ideas had been given a chance, but nothing worked. She didn’t understand, last time it had been so simple, slow yes, but straight forward enough. But this time there was something more to it, something she couldn’t find no matter how hard she examined her husband. It kept him from getting better, made all he remedies ineffective, even the strongest she dared prescribe. She was helpless. Miccah was dying.

All her other duties were forgotten, borders left abandoned while she tended to her mate, every hour spend by his side. But it was to no avail, she had failed. Failed her family, her true love who she couldn’t save and her children who would soon be without a father. And failed Nina, who’d taught her to heal, and who’s pack was no in ruins; All because of me..! The voice, faint and hoarse as it was, drew her attention instantly. She’d stepped out only for a second of fresh air, but now she hurried back, forcing her harrowed face into kind folds. “I’m here dear, I’m here,” she assured softly as he spoke again, stepping to his side and lowering her muzzle to kiss his. He looked even more worn than her, and when their eyes met, she saw darkness creeping into the edges of his sapphire blues.

Her smile faltered, lips quivering as she looked at the light fading from her husbands gaze. She’d known it was coming, known for a long time now that there was nothing more she could do, even if she refused to give up. But that didn’t make it easier. “No. No, no, no!” She pleaded, voice choked as tears brimmed to her eyes; “Please, please don’t…” Her head shook violently from side to side, trying to deny what was happening. Feeling the tears start to run down her cheeks, she bended forwards to press her head into his dark fur; Please don’t leave me.”

Word count: 335

”Speech” Thoughts.

Played by Lightning who has 82 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Enia Athesila

Her dad was sick again. Enia did not really understand why, especially since her mother did such a wonderful job of taking care of him. It was getting worse; the youngest daughter could tell. Her mother was almost never seen, expect for when Nia would go to visit the dark leader, doing her best to cheer him up during these dark times. The Athesila did what she could to help. She increased her border patrols, hoping to make up for what her mother could not. After all, her father’s health should be top priority, and Enia really believed that. The naïve girl did not see the pack falling apart in shambles around her. With Miccah’s death would come the fall of her home.

She was just returning from a border patrol, hoping to grab a small bite to eat before she herself went hunting to fill the caches. Even if their numbers were low, that was something that needed to be done, and her father and mother needed to eat too! She paused, however, when her mother’s voice cut through the thickets. Enia felt a lump in her throat as her dark paws carried her to the origin, eyebrows creasing in concern. The note of desperation in her voice sounding very similar to how everyone sounded when her Grandma Nina died.

When she finally arrived to where her mother was, the dark girl peered into the medical den and it was like a thorn was pierced into her heart. None the less, light brown eyes moved to her mother and softened further in sadness. The petite girl moved towards her mother and pressed into the red woman’s side. Her mom was so strong and it was not right that the fates had taken away something that meant so much to her. Her tongue felt heavy in her mouth. "It’s okay, Mama. Dad s’in a better place now. He’s with Grandma Nina." Dark ears flicked back on her head as she finally took in the lifeless form of her father. No more would she be able to see her usually cold father’s eyes soften when they fell upon her, nor his words of encouragement when she did something right. It would only be a memory now.

Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity
Played by PuppyThief who has 418 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aideen Smoke-Athesila

His skin was cold beneath her nose, way too cold and she could feel his pulse beating erratically. “My love?” She asked, imploringly, pulling free of his fur to look down at his face again. His eyes had closed, mouth half open as he breathed fast and shallow, more and more desperate, slowly losing the battle against the fluid in his lungs. Tears were now streaming freely down Aideen’s cheeks, her throat closing up as she tried to strangle her sobs. “Please,” she whispered hoarsely, head veering again, but with less conviction. She didn’t want to believe it, tried frantically to think of something she could do, but it was clear that her husband’s body was giving out and no matter how hard she wished, her mind wouldn’t let her deny her training. Leaning back down, she placed a trembling kiss on his crown, voice cracking as she whispered: “I love you.”

Then he was gone, heart stilling and breath seizing, as she nestled back in against his frozen body, crying freely now, into his ebony coat. She had no idea how much time went by like this, her own body stiffening up next to his, before she felt a touch at her side. Her heart skipped a beat, a desperate part of her imagining for a moment that it was him who had stirred beside her, that she would look up and meet his sapphire eyes again. But the soft voice that spoke was not his and the delusion was immediately shattered, her heart breaking all over again as she blinked up at her daughter. The words were little comfort, fresh tears welling up in Aideen’s eyes as she watched the girl looking at her father, cold and broken. It was like the loss was suddenly multiplied, because not only had she lost the love of her life, but the father of her children, and they had lost him, way too early.

“Oh honey…” She piped feebly, voice trembling. There really was no fairness in the world! That Enia, who had stuck around for all this time, helping and supporting them as things got worse and the pack shrunk, that her beautiful, dutiful girl should have this as reward for her loyalty. She couldn’t stop the tears flooding anew, and even if she had known what to say to her daughter, there was no way she could have spoken through the heavy lump in her throat. Instead, she simply reached up, drawing her child down into the embrace she had been sharing with her dead partner and gripping her tightly, as much for her own sake as the girl’s, feeling like she would fall apart completely without her support.

It took a long while before she was finally able to speak, carefully untangling herself to look into her daughter’s warm, hazel eyes; “I can’t… I’m so sorry!” She glanced over at Miccah, smiling sadly; “You’re right, he’ll… He’ll be here with Nina, and protect her and the Woodlands, as always.” A deep, shaky breath filled the cold silence as she closed her eyes, certain in her resolve, and yet, feeling even more pain at what she had to say; “But I can’t stay… There’s… Too much... “ She shook her head, look into her daughter’s eyes again; “I want to go back home, find Cináed and Flair… And Bero…” She tried to smile, tried to be hopeful even in this depth of despair, but for the first time in her life, Aideen Smoke seemed to be all out of hope; “There’s… Nothing left of Secret Woodlands anymore.”

Word Count: 598

Thoughts "Speech"
(This post was last modified: Mar 05, 2018, 07:42 PM by Aideen.)