(See All?) Announcements
762 Users Online
Google, Bing, Hazelnut

Hell would sooner freeze over — Turtleback Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 617 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

Askan corrected her when she spoke of his pack being close to lake. She didn't mind in the slightest but he did explain that it was further south. “Oh, well thank you for the clarifying that. I wouldn't want to go to the wrong place if uncle Lach ever sent me with a message or something.” Since she had considered try to be a scout when she was older there was every possibility that she would get sent to Shallows edge.

She had a lot of training to do before she could be a scout but she also knew that things came up and she may need to know sooner. Other than that Oksana didn't really have a reason to know nor care where the pack was located except to make sure she didn't do something stupid.

Her gaze drifted to the girl when she spoke her name, Oksana smiled. It seemed miss prissy pants didn't like being ignored, Oksana found it amusing. “It's nice to meet you too Hawthorne,” she offered with a smile. Nothing about the way the girl had answered bothered her but she didn't ink that perhaps she should lighten up after all that was how Inna had gotten herself into so much trouble.

Her orange gaze returned to the man as he spoke about coming to the lake. “I don't think it's a bad place to go if you need a little quiet time or rather time to yourself.” Perhaps that was why he came, it was one of the reasons why she came sometimes and her uncle Lach did too. Then he asked about her mother and if she knew she was there. She shrugged at his comment about it being cold. “Builds character right?” she said with a small laugh. “No, mum doesn't know I'm out here. I suppose you know about my father then?” She asked tilting her head slightly.

After all he didn't ask if her parents knew she was out there only her mother.

Please see Sharlee's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by becca who has 271 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Hawthorne Selwyn

This was all so dumb. She felt left out because they seemed to understand each other clearly and Hawthorne didn't understnad half the names or places. If Hawthorne had an inkling that following Askan was gonna be like this she would have stayed back in the falls with @Sachiel. He was more fun than some girl who was about as important as a dead fish (in Hawthorne's eyes).

She shifted her weight, squinting hard at the girl's words to her. The Edge kid had not even uttered the word nice in her greeting so the "too" that followed after seemed a little unnecasarry. Hawthorne didn't bother trying to adjust her posture. Anyone with eyes and common sense could easily tell she was annoyed with the situation.

she's bein' moody and grumpy feel free to ignore her :^)
[Image: teamselwyn_1_by_marthypie-dcq9co9.png]
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Uncle Lach? Askan couldn't help but wonder what the old man thought of that. He was well aware of the fact that Lachesis (nor her Mother) had approved of her conception but he supposed it was a little late and cruel to take it out on the kid now. Whatever, he liked Lachesis well enough but that didn't mean his feelings were extended to the other River wolves. Good thing too, as Askan wasn't sure he could like that many wolves. It sounded awfully tiresome.

The greetings that were exchanged between the pups was anything but warm. In fact, it was as cold as the icebergs littering the lake shore. The Selwyn glanced back and forth between them and wondered what was going on behind their orange eyes, but in all honesty he didn't care enough to ask. At least not right now. They could squint at each other as much as they liked, but if Oksana stepped one toe out of line he'd make his feelings known loud and clear. Mostly loud though.

Oksana was the only one to laugh at her little joke. His lips didn't even perk up into a smile, not even a little one. Instead, he squinted and  moved swiftly onto her question. She was asking the obvious but...her mother did that also. Perhaps the apple didn't fall far from the tree after all.

"Yeah I know him." Askan said, his tail flicking behind him in obvious disapproval. He didn't quite understand what she was getting at so he left it at that.

[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

Oksana idly wondered what Lachesis would do if she were to be as rude to someone at their borders as this girl was being. She shrugged, it wasn't hurting her and since Hawthorne didn't seem interested in changing anything Oksana found no reason to pay her any mind. Her mother had made it more than clear about what happened when you let things like that get to you.

They were a sour pair weren't they. That was the decision she'd made about them when they didn't even crack a smile. She shrugged that off too, perhaps it wasn't as funny as she thought it was. She found it funny that he would even care that it was too cold after what her mother had told her about him.

Then it became very clear that he had not understood what she'd meant or hadn't heard her right. Perhaps his ears were clogged with snow whatever it was she didn't particularly care but she thought it best to clarify herself. My apologies Mr. Askan, I don't think I was very clear. Meant you know that he left. The last part was said with some bitterness but it wasn't directed at the edge wolf or his companion. I'm sure that is good news for you. Considering he wasn't a fan of her father anyway.

Oksana gave a moment of thought about the things that her mother had told her over the past weeks. She made a decision that she didn't know if it might get her in trouble or not but if it meant that maybe some things for her mother could he fixed she would try. My mother has been feeling better lately, she's been more herself than she was after grandmum went away. Maybe you could talk with her? It was a suggestion of course. I'm not trying to tell you what to do sir but I thought if maybe you and her could get along it would help things between the packs and it would make uncle Lach happy too.

(This post was last modified: Jan 16, 2018, 12:07 AM by Oksana.)
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
sorry for skipping ya @Hawthorne

Askan squinted as his lip twitching in obvious annoyance. He wasn't overly keen on being corrected, it felt rather condescending, but the fact that it was a kid -Inna and Lorcan's kid- left a nasty taste in his mouth. She was certainly her mother's daughter, and once again he had to remind herself Inna's sins were not Oksana's but...When she was a damn near spitting image of her it was hard to separate the two. He tried though, even if only a little.

"I guess." He wasn't going to start leaping in the air, or wiggling his tail a mile a minute. His response was indifferent at best. He didn't even know Inna had been feeling down, nor did he really care, but he guessed it was good for her.

"I have no interest in petty drama." Askan told her, matter of factly, his head held high as though he was above such things. Which the way he saw it, he was. "But if your mother is rude she can't expect me to bite my tongue. She'll reap what she sows and that's the end of it."

She did have a point though, Askan didn't want to make any drama with Lach... But then again, he had never had a quarrel with the Old Man, they had always gotten along well, more or less.

"Is that all?" He'd never been one for polite conversation, small talk, if there was nothing else of worth to say he'd rather move on and go about his day. A quick side glance at Hawthorne told him she'd agree, probably.

Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

Oksana was trying to be on her best behavior in front of these two wolves, especially Askan. After everything she'd been told about him she was glad for this chance to meet him. Now she could judge for herself what he was truly like. She couldn't help but wonder if this Hawthorne girl had spent too much time around him or if she was always like that. It was with a shrug that she pushed that thought aside, it didn't really matter. She supposed one day she would get hers.

The news of her father was given possibly out of her anger for the man after he'd left her in Hearthwood without a second thought. She was still upset about it and she was curious of the man's thoughts about it but he didn't leave much for her to make a judgement on. She dropped it, no need to speak with him further about her father's failings.

Oksana gave a nod to the man as he spoke of her mother, I am sure she feels the same as you do. The little Crow had no doubt that her mother wasn't interested in petty drama. She doubted the Raven would be rude especially with Askan and his relationship to Lachesis.

Yes, I believe so thank you for your time. I should be getting back before Lachesis and my mother start to wonder where I've gotten off to. With that she gave him a polite dip of her head before turning and heading back in the direction of Hearthwood river.

Oksana's Exit unless stopped

(This post was last modified: Mar 17, 2018, 12:48 PM by Oksana.)
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Askan made no move to stop her from leaving. If her Mother wanted her back home then that's where she was supposed to be. Maybe Askan had been a little tough on Oksana, his distaste for Inna coming through in a sharp tint to his words. But at the very least this would serve as a good lesson for the pup, that the world outside of Hearthwood River wasn't all sunshine and daisies. Clearly not a lesson he needed to teach Hawthorne.

"See you." He rumbled in farewell, watching her go with his usual sharp, clinical gaze. Askan then turned to his subordinate, his expression softening somewhat. For her eyes only. "Are you any good at fishing?"He asked with a slight tip of his head. They'd only just gotten there, there was no use in heading back right there and then. They might as well make use of the massive lake, right?

Fade