(See All?) Announcements
413 Users Online
Google, Bing, Nadine, Miriam, Apollo

There's snow other way to say this — Fireweed Rise 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Alice who has 251 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn
RE:Elias, blowing snow has disoriented you.

Heck.

Elias was lost, wasn't he? Not just a little, or a smidge, it was a whole damn lot. He couldn't see where he was, there was nothing but swirling white and biting cold. Thick coat be damned, he was freezing, shivering and vibrating like the strings of a harp. When he'd climbed down the mountain it had been snowing, but it'd only been a drizzle! Totally manageable. But this? It was bad, really bad, and no matter which direction he turned he couldn't tell which way was left or right. Which way would lead him closer to home, or further from it.

Squinting-he looked remarkably like his cousin when he did so- Elias dropped his rabbit to the ground. He'd been stumbling about for hours, he had to be close to somewhere. Anywhere. All he needed was to find a landmark to orient himself, figure out how far he was from the mountain and then head back towards its looming shadow. It sounded easy, like recounting the alphabet in his mind and it would have been if it hadn't been for this damn snowstorm!

And look, he was losing his cool, thinking bad words. Ugh, what would the others think of him?

[Image: untitled_1_by_gabrielledelyon-dbu4sbc.png]
[Image: teamselwyn_2_by_marthypie-dcq9co4.png]

Played by Switch who has 77 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Summiter
I have walking into his butt unless you want me to change it :3
Summiter
look what you made me do

Lucky for Elias or maybe unlucky, Summit too found himself at the bottom of the heights. He was taken a liking to the rise, and visited it frequently. Though if that had more to do with hunting, or just its certain proximity to another pack who knew. What he did know was he was in a white out. He had not missed them one bit. He could feel ice upon his brow, and the whiskers of his chin. Everything looked miserably the same. He'd been taught to simply stop under such circumstances. It was better to wait out a storm than keep plowing through it and end up gods only know where. Instead he relied on his inner compass and was sure he was not far.

With confidence he pushed through the stinging wind. Maybe, he wouldn't make it back to Aurora Heights, but he would be close. If he could just feel the ground rise... Instead he swore there was a whiff of dead rabbit! What the hell? He paused,  trying to piece it all together by tilting his nose, and easing forward. He found himself stepping into a thick wall. Or a body. An umph! Then a "Fu.." from his smashed snout he withdrew blinking against the storm. Trying to figure out what this other snow covered thing was. He couldn't decide if it'd be better it was a rock or actual creature.

Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn
its fine XD

Elias was alone and then he wasn't. A yelp passed from his lips as something bumped into him from behind. He wheeled about, desperate to see who as there. He could look after himself, but what sort of man wanted it to come to that? He'd much rather make friends than enemies.

"Ah-whaaa?"He blurted, squinting trying to see just who was there. They were right next to him, they had to be, he could feel their presence and yet he couldn't see a thing.

Wait, they were dark and if he sniffed enough he could've sworn he recognised the scent. White fir, ozone. They were a wolf of the heights too, they smelled like him! Unless he was smelling himself, his own scent being hurled back into his face by the winds. Heck. Elias glanced down at his rabbit, or at least what he thought was his rabbit. He could barely see the thing.

"Hello? You didn't uh...hurt yourself did you?"

He hoped not, he didn't want to think his butt had hurt someone. Then again he hadn't been moving, they'd walked into him, whoever they were.

"I'm Elias Selwyn, from Aurora Heights.Hopefully-please please please- they were too. "You uh...walked into my butt. It's okay, I'm not mad."

Inactive No Rank
Summiter
Summiter
look what you made me do

He didn't have to wait long to know as a yelp was enough answer. He kept batting snow from his eyes, when he saw a pair of blue in all the white. Okay, by the height he was familiar. Yeah, he must be the new guy.

"No.." It didn't feel good, but the cold was taking care of the sensation. With a shake, he took in the details of the fellow. He could not remember a name, and was about to inquire of his own hurt when he spoke again. At this, Summit smirked, a faint snort of amusement. He would have probably nipped at anyone who'd done that to him, and this wolf was laying at all the details but saying it was all right."Well for the record I am sorry for hitting your butt," there was a playful current to his voice. "I'm Summit of the Heights too. I'd probably look more familiar without this white coat." A huff fell from his lips, irritation the storm was not letting go of its hold.

"I think we gotta go a little further before we can make the climb. Or I guess if we see a tree that would work too." He just couldn't see anything but snow at the moment to be sure. He hated white outs with a passion. Panic and fear often accompanied them.

(This post was last modified: Jan 31, 2018, 10:59 PM by Summiter.)
Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn

"Oh."Elias blinked, trying and failing to keep the snow out of his peepers.

It all made sense though, that name sort of sounded familiar and if the wind wasn't blowing it away he would have likely recognised his scent. There were more Height's wolves than he'd met face to face, it was sort of funny that he happened to run into one of them in the worst possible weather for a first meeting. Ah well, at least they were together now and sourness over the weather aside he seemed like a pretty chill dude. No pun intended, though he giggled nonetheless.

Rather than wander around aimlessly it seemed as though Summit knew what to do. And such a fitting name for a man who lived so high up. Elias really liked that, the more he thought about it the more he smiled. Good thing the storm was so strong otherwise he would have no doubt earned a few odd looks from his new friend.

"I'll follow wherever you lead!" He told him, his tail swishing haphazardly behind him."I got this rabbit for the caches," he said, giving the little thing a nudge with his foot. If they loitered around for any longer it would no doubt freeze solid. The sooner they got back home the better, really. "What were you doing out here?"

(This post was last modified: Apr 09, 2018, 11:12 PM by Elias.)

Inactive No Rank
Summiter
_drools over Elias new avatar_
Summiter
look what you made me do

What he found funny Summit wasn't sure, and didn't bother to ask under the conditions. He was just kinda glad to see he wasn't the only one caught in it. He always felt like a failure when he was a child and didn't time the weather right. His mother would try to comfort him. Tell him storms always had minds of their own. Changing direction and force with little indication. Even now he found them of little use.  At least he doubted Kyna and Greer would look down on either of them. When they got back they'd probably just be glad they had.

"Right!" He answered, giving a shake of his head with a fervent snort. Which way, which way. They could keep going the same way. They could be right seeing as they weren't going opposite directions. He eyed the man's catch momentarily. Oh yeah he'd forgotten about that. "Nice! Grab it and lets go!" He started the pace. A quick trot for the moment. Just to make sure not to lose his companion. It would be pretty bad to just leave him behind. "Same as you just hadn't the luck!" He hadn't been hunting that hard but he didn't need to know that.

Onward, he kept checking the horizon for differences. Hoping for some shadow be it tree or rock. He hoped his companion was doing the same thing. He couldn't help wonder would it be worse the closer they got to the heights?

(This post was last modified: Apr 09, 2018, 11:12 PM by Summiter.)
Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn

Scooping the rabbit off of the ground, Elias held it firm between his teeth. It was rather unfortunate that his packmate had gotten caught out in this weather, but at the same time it was sort of a blessing in disguise. Two minds were better than one, together they'd figure out a way to manoeuvre through the snow and get back home.

Someone else might have assumed that Summit's empty paws implied that he was a poor hunter, but not Elias. In all honesty, he'd just gotten lucky. He wasn't all that fast, but somehow-despite his big, lumbering frame- he'd managed to sneak up on a lone hare. The rest was history, it wasn't an exciting story but sometimes simple meant better. Either way, he had something to show for his efforts and it was about time he did his part to help keep the caches full.

"Oof lead ther way." Elias muttered ,holding onto the rabbit tight as the wind pricked at his eyes. His ears were starting to go numb, along with the remains of his toes. Even if they couldn't get home right away...maybe they could take shelter until the worst passed? That sounded far better than standing out in this.