900 Users Online
Chan, Google, Viorel

greetings, it's me, an outlaw — Spectral Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade who has 861 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
someone pls shake up his world

The snow wasn't anything new by now, but man was it still enthralling. The way it so thoroughly coated everything, made the world the same, buried and suffocated in such a bright, cheerful way was fascinating, and he felt like he was on a whole new planet. Maybe, he'd gotten a bit carried away with that idea. The mountains were now the horizon, his parents somewhere on them, guarding and hunting and grown up-ing as they did. It had just been a few days, that wasn't such a big ordeal, was it? He'd be back soon enough, he knew that and so Chan was certain that his parents did too.

If the child knew how worried they might be in actuality, he would've turned himself right around and trotted his misbehaving behind back home. Most likely. He would definitely feel guilty, and give his mom and dad a huge apology.

But as far as Chan knew, everything was safe and okay and exciting despite what that one, weird-speaking wolf had claimed, and he lacked the self control to think to check back in with his home. He wanted to go further, to see more, to uncover what the snow was hiding. The boy had certainly come a long ways from the first time he'd gotten lost, and the sniveling mess he'd been. Home would always be there waiting for him, right? Anyways, maybe he could find something to bring back. Something pretty for mom, something earthy for Kajika, and something cool for dad...

Yeah. This was totally okay. He nodded to himself, as if to drive home the assertion, before padding on.
(This post was last modified: Jan 03, 2018, 12:31 AM by Chan.)
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Switch who has 205 posts.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Lila Aquila
If this isn't okay then you let me know cade <3
I think there's a flaw in my code

She should be pleased her siblings were growing and maturing. But, it all made her dissatisfied. There was not much that was going to separate her from them, and the idea caused her great irritation. No longer would she be chosen for certain tasks for they would all be just as capable. An annoyed sigh fled from her lips as she kept on the trail of an old, cow elk. She thought it had something else wrong with it, but she couldn't quite decide from the stale scent of old tracks. For whatever reason she was determined to find it and call a hunt. Let them out due her then. But, considering she could have resented them a lot sooner she felt maybe this feeling would pass. It was just winter that had her all messed up. Or maybe they would all be like Kyna and go elsewhere, came the quiet thought. Even if the idea pleased her, she quickly tried to dismiss it. To think it was just a thought, not a want.

Hurried steps, the scent she'd been following strengthened. About time! Eyes skimmed through the white, and brown-gray tones of the woods looking for something a bit out of place. Instead of a tan pelt it was a snort that gave her direction. A bit frantic she could lose the elk without thought she tore after it. Through all the brush, and all the snow, her graceful stride wasn't enough. Rounding the trunk of a great okay she collided into Chan.

Without thinking she thought it was one of her sisters or brother. She really was kinda seeing stars, and shadows. Hackles raised, a short growl drove forth as she tried to right herself. "Damn it!"

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan was just as oblivious to the true nature of his surroundings as he was to the nature of the world in that moment. While he eyes were greedily taking in the winter wonderland before them, he wasn't watching for subtle shadows between the tree trunks, wasn't paying proper attention to the scents he was inhaling or the background sounds amongst the normal sounds of the snow-draped forest. Thus when the woman appeared, sudden and quick and then with a physical impact, the boy was caught completely off guard. She bowled him over, and they both were lost from their paws in a flurry of white powder. He couldn't help the surprised yelp that had shot from out of his throat, but once he realized that it was another wolf who had collided with him, all fear vanished.

In fact, he quickly became concerned with her. While her cussing and anger, combined with the fact that she was an absolute stranger and old enough to make quite the difference, should have put him on edge and guard, Chan took none of it to heart. He scrambled back onto his own paws and then tried to help her onto hers, butting his shoulder beneath hers and lifting.

"Are you okay?"
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Lila Aquila

For the life of her she couldn't twist, and rise up. Anger and possibly a small dose of panic bore her teeth tighter, inhibiting her. A soft string of cussings stirred. Slowly, but surely the imagine of the quiet, winter woods came back to her eyes. Then she realized this was not her relation. Though he was kind in offering help, giving her the push she needed to stand up right.

Face to face in the normal way she'd been ready to unleash her irritation, but that was when she thought it was a sister or brother.

Already warm from her anger now she felt as if she'd been doused in flames of embarrassment. Though surely that was a secret she could keep.

Trying to be nonchalant with a shake of her coat, and a faint growl two words slipped from her. "I'm fine." More than anything she just wanted to walk off as if nothing had happened. But, she did feel a little bad for knocking him over. "Are...you?" She carefully posed the question, wondering where on earth he'd came from. Those eyes....they were different and somehow familiar.

Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
He couldn't really read her, but that was nothing exceptionally new for Chan. The youth already carried the philosophy that if others did not make themselves clear in their feelings, then they were probably none of his business anyways. So long as she wasn't physically hurt, things were okay. Right?

Well, she said she was fine, and Chan smiled at that, mismatched eyes drawing together to peer at her mirthfully down his brown snout. Then she returned the question, and his shoulders rolled as he answered.

"'Course. You'll have to try a lot harder than that to get after me."

It was a playful joke, in hopes that she would lighten up a bit. Maybe this was just how the girl was. That was okay too, he supposed.

"M'names Chan. Who're you?"
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Lila Aquila

He was taking it better than she was. It made her a tiny bit envious. Had he born with the skill or was it something he'd learned? Doubting she would find out, his own smile managed to coax one of her own.

"Oh," was all she could manage to say in turn. She was still fumbling over what had just happened. His name was Chan. She took note how he had no last name. "Lila Aquila" she replied with a little more warmth in her tone. Her brows couldn't help but furrow together."What are you doing here?" The closest pack was Fallen Tree Cove, and she did recall how the leader had had two different eyes. The scent of the pack was not something her younger mind had held onto.

Oh wait the elk! She took a step in the direction.

Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
There she went, lightening up a bit as the conversation pressed on. It made Chan happy to see, and his tail was now wagging behind him at a casual pace. Lila Aquila she introduced herself as, a rather lyrical combination. He liked it, decided it suited her well, and his grin turned a bit toothy as he acknowledged her introduction.

"Explorin'," he answered, just as easily as he had everything else. As though that one word was enough to fully explain himself. He was still too young to know that this wasn't where he should be, that he had done something wrong by taking off from the mountain and disappearing into the forests below.

"What about you? You from around here, or are you adventurin' too?"

She smelled like others, but he had for a while too before the wilderness had stripped the scent of his pack from his fur. She moved, and his own paws followed suit, though he had no idea she'd been in the middle of a hunt and still thought to pursue her prey.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Lila Aquila

Since he didn't seem the sour type she couldn't hold anything against him. Despite the same age as her siblings, and not knowing him she found him more pleasant. He easily grinned, not trying to hide his actions. That was unexpected.

"See anything you like? " She knew what it was to want to see more of the world even if she wondered where he could have come from and if he was trying to get some where. "I live in these woods actually. I was just trying to follow an elk." She had to fight her habit of scowling as he stepped with her. After all would she really mind some form of company if it wasn't annoying chatter?

"Have you seen an elk before?" She asked, turning her head to see if his answer was as honest as the others.

Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall

"Lots," he answered her, smile widening into an earnest grin. "Never thought things could get so different so quickly, it's like I step into a whole new world every other day."

He'd yet to get his fill of it, wasn't done being surprised time and time again by what the vast unknown had to offer him. And while the terrain's changes were constant and reliable, he hadn't met nearly as many wolves as he'd wanted to. There was still so much to do, to see and learn before he could head back.

She told him she lived here, and he wondered if his parents knew about her pack, if maybe they'd even been mentioned to him before. He tried to rack his mind but came up empty, and before he could ask, she was giving him a question of her own.

"Nah, but they're like big stags right? My dad told me about 'em. You gonna take it down all by yourself?"