(See All?) Announcements
382 Users Online

knit pickings are slim — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hero who has 204 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Bastet Akhenaten
ALL WELCOME!

Snow covered the mountain range and she traversed without complaint, shaking from her dark pelt the few flakes that dared to penetrate her pelt. Silence had become her constant companion, the pack was still small even with winters arrival and the dark woman made haste to do as much as she could to keep busy. She checked and triple checked caches, tracked the common grazing spots of the local mountain goat and deer and on occasion she practiced bettering her footing on the large mountain she had grown to call home. On most days she could see a improvement in her lungs and how smooth she was able to place her footing without fear of slipping and on some days she felt that exhaustion made her too tired to continue back to her dug out den. She slept at the foot of the mountain today, resting well enough to muster the trek back up the mountain side and realized that overnight snow had made the walk a bit harder than usual and thick hard snow covered her limbs nearly to her chest.  She pushed forward until finally the mountain gave relief and in her view was the familiar lake she'd grown to call her home; it was foreign but definitely growing on her. A yawn left her mouth and without taking a break she ventured to the iced over lake and took a few licks, scooping snow into her mouth and swallowing the frozen flakes instantly. She eased closer to the edge of the lake and felt her footing slip, catching herself quickly she stepped almost too fast and her fore limbs spread apart until she looked like a newborn deer struggling to find its legs. Slow and steady she tried to gather herself and slipped a second time, this sent her spiraling and all four paws had lost their footing. She was definitely too old for ice skating but at this point she had no choice.  
(This post was last modified: Jan 05, 2018, 05:04 AM by Bastet.)

Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

Why hello! :) Figured it was about time they met lol

The morning air was cool and crisp, filling the matriarchs lungs with a bit of a sting.  Nostrils flared puffing warm air from her lungs causing small clouds of steam to appear in front of her snout. Mercury pools took in the snowy scene of the clearing taking in its beauty. Her coral tongue curled in a yawn as dark limbs stretched in the dens entrance. It was time for Moon to start her daily tasks. Not before her routine morning drink though. Large paws strode easily down the worn path to the lake. The cold weather had frozen their tranquil lake but the onyx woman was well versed in breaking the ice to reveal fresh water. Moving to the spot that she usually kept open she huffed for it had frozen over...again. With a quick push the thin ice was broken away and she bent down to drink the cool liquid.

After having her fill Moonshadow stood once more and licked the remaining water from her lips. A dark figure caught her eye down the bank. It wasnt @Kajika for she just left him in the den and he too always had a morning drink. Maybe it was their new member? The dark woman knew of the new recruit having spoken to her co-lead and detecting the new scent within the borders but hadnt been able to properly introduce herself. Now was a good time as ever she supposed. leaving the ice behind Moon walked towards where the stranger was along the bank. She stopped short as silver orbs saw the wolf slip not once but twice. The new comer looked as if they were a young deer that hadnt figured out how their legs worked. Chuckling to herself the cove queen quickened her pace to a trot to quickly cover the remaining distance between them. "I find it that when I lose my footing crawling works best" she called out her tone kind with a warm smile upon her inky features.

Word Count: 000
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Bastet Akhenaten
[quote pid='333882' dateline='1388103353']
Bastet Akhenaten

Luckily for her, no one was around to witness this fiasco. She huffed out a deep breath, struggling to gather her composure on the unforgiving ice a more careful wolf would have avoided. Her composure only grew worse with each step she took and failed to execute until finally she gave up and contemplated calling for help; only her pride wouldn't let her. She stayed where she was, sprawled awkwardly in every which direction and waited for her angel to appear; secretly she'd prayed for mercy.

Her angel came, albeit in the most forward of ways, and in the figure of a wolf she had yet to meet. From smell alone she could tell this wolf was from the Cove, and since it was only her and one other female adult in the pack, she assumed this beautiful dark woman was Moonshadow. She only wished they had met on better terms. "I'll try anything at this point. she said, her head looking at her paws and shame suddenly flooding her face. She was a mess. Slowly she pulled her knees forward and inched as slow as she could until she could feel snow on her white tipped paws, within moments she was on all fours. She shook her coat free of any loose snowflakes and smiled, glad that the fiasco was finally over. "Thank you, I'm bastet. You must be Moonshadow, it's a pleasure to finally meet you." she said, wondering whether the woman had been wanting to meet her as badly as she had.

secrets of a jewel

[/quote]

Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

A warm smile formed on the onyx womans face as the other dark woman accepted the advice. It didnt take long for her to make it back to less slippery ground and Moon stood there with neutral and welcoming body language. There was no need for dominance for she was sure that it was clear who she was, since she was the only other female in the pack. It seemed like her assumption was right for the other female introduced herself and already knew her name. "Youre very welcome Bastet, it very nice to meet ya too". The dark matriarch sat her large haunches upon the snowy ground. "So what brings ya to the mountian? Most wolves tend to avoid it in the winter." She asked genuinely curious. The cove always lost numbers when the weather started to turn for the worst. While she was happy this woman decided to make the cove her home it was interesting that she would climb the mountain this season.

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive No Rank
Bastet Akhenaten
Sorry, short and bleh!

Bastet Akhenaten

With the awkwardness behind her, she felt a smile spread the length of her thin lips and nodded to boot at the woman who had expressed the pleasure of meeting her. She could sense that her relationship with Moon would be a good and natural one, perhaps they could even become true friends beyond what pack ranking automatically made them and the thought peaked her interest. She hadn't had a true friend in a long time, especially one that was female, and she'd be lying if she didn't admit to herself that at times she needed one. "Luck I guess. I was in search of a home but I never would have expected it to be on a mountain either." she admitted with a laugh, but when she met Kajika she figured the worst that could happen was his rejection and lucky for her it never came. "Kajika is a nice wolf. I can tell he wants the best for his pack. What about you?" she countered, her head cocking to the side.

secrets of a jewel

Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

Wow I am the worst, I am sooo sorry DX

Her warm smile grew as Bastet said she was looking for a home and didnt think she'd end up on the mountian. Moon supposed she didnt think she would have either but here they were. Large haunches placed themselves upon the frozen ground. Her silver dusted tail swept the snow as her companion mentioned her best friend. "He is and he does" she agreed with a light laugh. "I want whats best for the pack as well but I am happy to help those who want to join the family". It was a true statement. The Vuesians had given her home and the onyx woman would offer the same to those who need and want it. "Im glad you've picked to join".

Inactive No Rank
Bastet Akhenaten
She decided that as well as she liked Kajika, she liked Moonshadow a bit more. The dark female leader's kindness was a different kind of nice that she could sense was reserved for those who actually deserved it; not to everyone with a beating heart. She liked that, it demanded respect and it also meant that if things went haywire, she probably wouldn't be afraid to do what was best for the pack and not simply by numbers. It was reassuring, she had worried that maybe Kajika was a bit too kind in his openness with strangers, but the cautiousness of Moonshadow helped her to think that she would help to balance out the pack. "Thank you. I'm glad I finally got to meet the co-lead. Mind if we walk a bit, I'd like to discuss a position I was considering of picking up." she asked, thinking it was no better time like the present to put her bid on the table.

Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

As the dark duo spoke the younger of the two decided that she liked the other. Moon was glad that Bastet had choose the cove as her home. She could see them becoming good friends. Inky lips pulled wider as the other woman thanked her and said it was glad to meet her. "Yes of course" she replied as she stood and gave her inky pelt a good shake. Once her second was ready Moon began to walk across the rocky shore of their home. "What position are ya interested in?" She asked her tone full of curiosity. There werent many assigned roles in the cove. She knew that her best friend wanted to become a teacher before taking over for Vespertio and that Tagg wanted to be a guardian but other than that there wasnt anyone else that wanted to do anything else.

Inactive No Rank
Bastet Akhenaten
The two women seemed to be getting along great, and when Moonshadow stood up to come to her side, Bastet gave her a quick tap beneath her jaw to assure Moonshadow knew that she respected her and her opinion. She thanked Bastet for her kind words and in response she dipped her head, smiling broadly before they returned back to the purpose of why she had wanted to see the co-lead. She hadn't mentioned the duty to Kajika, having recently thought of it but was sure that eventually when the two crossed paths once more he would be the next to know. "I am interested in becoming Advisor." she said, looking Moonshadow over in case her facial expressions had changed and continued on, "I think with my experience and the respect I hold for both you and Kajika and this pack, I would make a great voice for a second opinion or voice of reason." she said, finally finished. She knew that the position was not a common one, there weren't many wolves that she could recall from her previous stay in the Lore that held the duty but she knew that she wanted it and would be good at it.
(This post was last modified: Feb 21, 2018, 06:34 AM by Bastet.)