Bing, Oleander, Google, Juniper, Apollo

Will the Mountains Ever Go Away? — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Flywolf33 who has 378 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC!

------------------------------------------------------

Random Event: Tagg, due to high winds and snow at the edge of your nearest water source, a cryovolcano has formed. Watch out for the ice spray!

Word Count: 268

Tagg was at his wit’s end.  He hadn’t seen @Chan in far too long – the territory wasn’t that big.  The pup couldn’t have gotten himself hurt without somebody finding him.  There was no scent trail to follow, no clues as to his whereabouts… he just didn’t know what to do.  The warrior within him was boiling to charge out and find his boy, mowing down anything that might stand in his way.  The sensible man inside knew that would be far from productive.

Could it really be his moira to lose all of his children? To lose everyone he loves? His parents words echoed in his ears. Nobody will be with you forever… He shook his head to banish the voices.  @Moonshadow was still here. She was more reliable than even him.  She would always have his back.

Still, the veteran couldn’t help the despair gnawing at his gut as he trudged through the snow to the lake that morning. It was cold, as usual, and his mind strayed to where his son might be.  He hoped he’d had the sensibility to hole up somewhere safe and warm.  But why would he leave the territory at all? If it hadn’t been for the lack of evidence, Tagg would have assumed someone or something had come in and stolen Chan away from them.  Perhaps he’d tried to follow him to a hunt, or maybe on his morning rounds, and gotten lost?

The sudden blast of icy water violently ripped the tawny man from his thoughts. He yelped and leapt backwards, fur on end as he shivered.  What in the…

"Speech"  Thought

[Image: magg_sig_by_becuffin-daxiy8t.png]
[Image: 100ksig_by_a_yellow_bird-db3e1g4.png]
l
Played by Hero who has 204 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Bastet Akhenaten
Oh why hello! Finally these two meet!

[quote pid='333882' dateline='1388103353']
Bastet Akhenaten

She stopped breathing just long enough to block out the cold spray of ice and snow that spun toward her, knocking her dark fur around and covering over her paw prints. She moved further up the mountain, hoping that the further she moved upward the less demanding the winter torrent would become; it seemed she was wrong. A shiver moved down her spine and she moved with the carefulness of a cat scaling a fence, stopping only when she saw a figure up ahead. From this distance and with the wind slapping her face in every direction, she had no idea who the wolf was or what they looked like but she felt a tingle of excitement consume her knowing that someone else was out here with her. She woofed softly, then increased her tone when she was within ear shot of her company with hopes that he had heard her through the dancing wind.

secrets of a jewel

[/quote]

Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC! Yay new FTC friend!

Word Count: 121

Tagg was eyeing an odd pile of snow on the ice before a quiet woof from behind him drew his attention.  He turned, ears pricked to hear the wolf better through the random blasts of ice that was still swirling around him. It was a lady, who looked to be about the same age and size as the veteran.  Her dark fur was reminiscent of Moon’s but it held a hue that hers lacked. Like Namid, her eyes were different colors.

“Hello,” The tawny man greeted, stepping away from the water’s edge. “I’m Tagg.  Who are you?” His voice was friendly.  He hadn’t met her before, but her fur did carry the scent of the pack so he was not defensive.

"Speech"  Thought

l
Inactive No Rank
Bastet Akhenaten
[quote pid='333882' dateline='1388103353']
Bastet Akhenaten

She smiled when he turned toward her, happy that her woof had not disappeared in the wind and that the wolf she approached was friendly enough to wait up for her. She looked him over when the distance between them grew nearly nonexistent and realized that one of his eyes were iced over, dead probably, and immediately her eyes moved to something more forgiving and lively, like her dark paws that had quickly sunk into the snow. She had encountered many wolves along her travels and still deformities were not an easy thing for her to tolerate but she was respectful enough to not stare and looked toward his brown tipped ears as she spoke.

It's a pleasure Tagg. I'm Bastet, newly accepted by Kajika." a smile lit her  face when she thought of the leading male, holding onto his handsome features and the welcoming personality that had ultimately swayed her decision to join this pack. He was in every way, a wolf she didn't mind taking the lead; for now. "Nice weather we've been having huh? I'm ready for the snow to disappear already but mountains have never been that forgiving. We'll be stuck with it for a while." she mentioned to him with a chuckle, her eyes soon found another spot to focus on instead of his fluffy brown ear but another strong gust of snow and ice blasted her face and she braced herself accordingly, wondering if Tagg was fed up with the storm as she was.

secrets of a jewel

[/quote]

Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC! 

Word Count: 238

Bastet. It was an odd name, but Tagg supposed he couldn’t judge too much.  He had named his son Chan, after all. He was fond of the name, but it still did roll oddly on the tongue.  “Welcome to the Cove, Bastet.” He smiled warmly, noting that her eyes seemed unable to find a spot to remain.  It had been a while since anyone had actually shown any sort of discomfort with his disfigurement; everyone here was used to it by now. He wondered if he should say something, but at the same time he didn’t want to make her feel bad by calling her out.

As the dark woman went on to discuss the weather, the tawny man couldn’t help but snort in amusement despite his concern for his son.  “Me too.  My son is out there on his own somewhere, and since it’s his first winter I’m not sure he’ll know what to do to stay warm.” He turned his gaze back to where the lake lie covered in ice.  He wished Chan were here so he could teach him to fish through it, or the safest way to break through to drink.

As he watched, the strange snow pile seemed to vibrate, then exploded with another icy blast.  The veteran yelped and jumped sideways to avoid getting hit with the icy spray.  What in the- He thought.  He had never seen anything like this before.

"Speech"  Thought

l
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Inactive No Rank
Bastet Akhenaten
Bastet Akhenaten

His welcome words made her smile, her head dipping in tune. It had been some time since she'd been apart of a pack but she fit in just fine, making her way to each wolf and going out of her way to introduce herself accordingly. She knew that the Cove was small and its numbers could use some strengthening but something about the close knit numbers made her comfortable and more confident that she had chosen the mountain pack as her own. She knew that Spring would help to bring the pack numbers back up to normal.

Something about the way he looked at her almost made her conscious of the fact that he knew she had trouble looking him square in the eye, but his lack of words assured her otherwise and immediately he turned the topic to his lost son. He didn't give any details that Bastet could go off of therefore she winged it, her voice sincere. "I hope that he is okay and finds his way back." she had never bore children, at least any that she personally claimed, and like his disfigured eyes, she liked to avoid the topic if she could."Maybe we should seek shelter?" she mentioned with a hope that the male would know what to do next.

secrets of a jewel
(This post was last modified: Jan 14, 2018, 02:57 AM by Bastet.)

Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC! Sorry for the slow reply!

Word Count: 114

Bastet continued to avoid mentioning his eye, and Tagg was perfectly okay with that.  He didn’t feel like talking about it again. He was more focused on his son’s absence and the strange cone of snow that was spewing icy water into the air.  He looked back at the dark woman and nodded at her suggestion, turning and sauntering away from the water.  He could get a drink later.

“How long have you been in the Cove?” He asked, ears pressed against his head to avoid the cold air. He and Moon didn’t often talk about the new joiners, but he supposed it was something that wouldn’t hurt to ask about at some point.

"Speech"  Thought

l
Inactive No Rank
Bastet Akhenaten
It's no problem, I'm kinda slowing down myself :(

Bastet Akhenaten

A ear twitched backward at his question, it was one she could answer without much though "A month, give or take a few days." she answered without hesitation, wondering what he thought of her joining and whether he was happy that their numbers were growing. She was a naturally happy wolf, content to wander with or without a pack but thus far she concluded that having a family suited her well and these wolves she was getting to know could potentially become her forever extended family, and she didn't mind that. " what about you?" she asked, actually curious to see how long this mountain had been his home.

secrets of a jewel

Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC! Sorry for the wait

Word Count: 165

A month? He really needed to socialize more if she’d been in the pack for a whole month and he’d never introduced himself.  He didn’t even have much of an excuse; he spent his days traveling the borders and lounging with Moon.  If he was going to protect his pack, he needed to be more in touch with his fellow members.

“I’m sorry I didn’t introduce myself sooner.” He flicked his ear. “I really should try to be more involved.”

The return of his own question didn’t surprise him.  “I have a complicated answer,” He admitted, smiling slightly.  “I joined several years ago, but ended up absent for a year for… reasons.” He didn’t feel like going into it now.  Not everyone had to know his Tragic Backstory™. “I finally made it back a little over a year ago, and I’m not planning on going anywhere in the future.” His wife was here, after all.  Now all he needed to do was find his son.

"Speech"  Thought

l