(See All?) Announcements
372 Users Online
Google, Juniper, Oleander, Finley, Apolline, Bing

Into the Willows — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by PuppyThief who has 43 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Griffin Gwain Avalon
@Sven & @Ravenna tags for border call - but any WR wolves are welcome :)

The open lands around Heartleaf Creek had been a blessing after all this trudging through the woods, and Gale was not at all happy at the prospect of heading back into the trees. But these Willows were his only lead, and just a feeble on at that, yet he was willing to grasp at even the tiniest straws by now. So on he went, into the shadow of the low hanging branches. At least this forest was a lot more open than the previous, reminiscent of his homeland pines, except that the spindly tree-limbs were naked in the winter cold, allowing slivers of sunlight to slip through to the snow below. All around, frost clung to the tips of the slimmest twigs, glittering in the marigold rays of light.

It was kind of pretty. Nothing against the shining Fields of gold, glowing hazily in his young memory; But quite pretty..! He could certainly a much bigger appeal in living here, as opposed to the denser woods, even if there was no place like home. Continuing southeast, he felt the ground growing uneven beneath the snow, a sign that he was nearing the mountains once again. And not long after, he noticed the scent of pack on the winds, slowing his movements as he carefully sniffed for the borders, the last thing he wanted was to trespass. Only once he felt reasonably sure that the marked line was no more than a leap or two ahead, did he raise his head to call for the pack leaders, or anyone else who mich be able to answer his questions.

Word count: 267

"Speech" Thoughts
(This post was last modified: Jan 06, 2018, 09:41 PM by Griffin.)
Played by Kai who has 589 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys
Guardian Dem 1/3

Despite her willingness to work and get her job done Leotie did have that occasional day where she wanted to just lay about the den all day. This was one of those days. Yet she wasn't instead she was on the border doing her patrol, it was a lazy stroll through the willows. On her mind was the thought of napping for the rest of the day, she deserved that right? She worked hard to one afternoon of her lying about especially when the pack had grown.

It was just as she was deciding on what she would do with the rest of yet afternoon that she stopped in her tracks the scent of a wolf caught her attention. Well this had to be investigated, she loped the last few feet until she came to the part of the border where the scent was strongest. There through the trees she saw a pup at the border, that was a first.

Leotie stepped out tail held high as she looked upon the pup, “I'm Leotie Rhys second of Willow Ridge. What's brought you to our borders?” She asked before waiting for a response from the child.

Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Kristen who has 301 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer
Guardian Dem 1/3. Gonna tag @Ravenna and @Sven  again just so they see this c:

Addy was out sniffing and romping and just going around in general. There wasn’t really much else to do. Since their explosion in members things had sort of jump started because there were more bodies to get things done. Lilith and the one called Kip had been doing a great job of keeping this caches well stocked, Ravenna was doing well with her healing thing and the rest of them were left to endlessly circle the borders. Of course it was a good thing, but it was all the more reason for her to go after the scout role. Get her out of these borders to do some real good.

Luckily, the border patrol seemed to get to be on their toes lately as another call rang out into the air. She sighed happily, glad for something else to than just wander around. She took off toward the call, arriving a minutes later to see Leotie was the first on scene. Man, the agouti woman was just as ontop of things as she was. It made her happy. Her amber-yellow gaze switched to the wolf at the border and she was surprised to find it was someone her age. The boy was cloaked in the colors of the earth, scruffy looking with parkings of agouti. He was a decent amount taller than her but didn’t tower over her like most did. Of course it wasn’t a hard feat considering her small stature, but still. His eyes were green, something she hadn’t seen before and they drew in her curiosity.

Addy approached with a friendly demeanor, seeing no problem here since he’d stopped a respectable distance away and called for them to let them know he was there. Plus, it had to be a little scary coming up to a pack’s borders that you didn’t know. Hi! I’m Adeltra Archer. Our leaders should be here shortly, though you might get the caravan with them, she said with a wink, tail swaying lazily behind her dark frame.

(This post was last modified: Jan 08, 2018, 06:11 PM by Adeltra.)
[Image: sW4OLm.png]
Inactive No Rank
Griffin Gwain Avalon

He was surprised by how quick the Willow wolves were to answer, a sentry appearing almost as soon as he lowered his muzzle. The agouti female was about his size, but considerably less lanky, so probably 2 years older at least, and her posture was clearly possessive over her borders. That, and the rather stiff introduction, was enough to fluster the young boy, his ears folding nervously as he rushed to answer: “Ga-uh… Griffin Avalon, that’s me. I’m from uhm… W-wild Rye Fields… Up north?” His tail twitched anxiously at his hocks, eyes seeking the woman’s pale blues questioningly, before quickly darting away, tongue running along his dry lips. Unlike at the Draw, these wolves weren’t close friends of his parents, but tentative allies, and he wanted to make a good impression.

Just then, another wolf appeared, this one obviously the same age as him; Slightly smaller and with a dusty black coat. Gale smiled timidly at her, encouraged by the more relaxed demeanor. His tail gave a more decisive wag; “Hey. Y’ can call me Gale. I… Guess the caravan is as good as anythin’” Glancing back to the adult wolf, he cleared his throat, trying to emulate her formal tone: “I’m looking for my sister. She’s gone missing and we were hoping someone down here might have seen her.” Looking back and forth between the two, he tried not to put his hopes up. It was a long shot after all; But maybe… He swallowed. It would be awfully nice to see Silva again, and get her back home.

Word count: 261

"Speech" Thoughts
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

Arriving at the border to find a pup no older than Adeltra and Romanov was a little disconcerting for the Agouti woman. She wondered what had brought him to their borders, why a pup and not an adult. She asked him and he polite but nervous which she didn't mind the nervousness and appreciated the politeness. “It's nice to meet you Griffin,” a smile did cross her face at the name of the pack he was from, “You wouldn't happen to be related to Jessie and Drestig would you?” It had been a long time since she'd thought of them but she remembered. A look of worry did cross her features, she hoped they were okay.

Adeltra joined her in greeting Griffin with her bubbly demeanor, the pup was becoming quite the welcomer. Leotie could see that the young Archer's presence eased the boy’s nerves just a little. “Hopefully all of us can help you in the reason that you've come to Willow Ridge.” She said glancing over at Adeltra. He went on to explain that his sister was missing and was wondering if they had seen her. “Can you describe her to us that we will know if we've seen a pup that looks like her?” She asked gently. Another look was given to her young packmate, they'd only just got her back and now they were hearing of another missing child. This worried the Agouti woman more than she would let on on that moment, she didn't want to upset Griffin more than he already was.

Played by Kristen who has 301 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer
Guardian Dem 2/3

The boy seemed to relax when her presence came and her tail gave a good natured wag at this. She liked it when wolves felt at ease around her, being a social bug and all. He began to speak and she listened curiously, finding that his name was Griffin Avalon and he was from a pack called Wild Rye Fields. It was an interesting name for a pack, she’d give it that. She wondered what a ‘wild rye’ was. Perhaps some kind of animal? Maybe she’d ask. He said she could call him Gale and she gave him a nod.

Gale revealed that he was looking for his sister and her brows rose. A missing kid huh? She could definitely identify with that situation, though as the one being lost not the one looking. Addy glanced sideways as Leotie spoke. Drestig and Jessie, huh? Those were also names that she filed away for later use. After all, if she were going to be a scout she’d need all the knowledge she could get. When the woman asked for a description she needed in agreement. A description would definitely be helpful. And a name? she asked with a smile. During her travels Addy hadn’t met any other girls so she knew that she hadn’t seen his sister, but perhaps Leotie had. Even if that wasn’t the case if the girl came this way maybe she would happen across her and be able to take her home to where she belonged.

(This post was last modified: Jan 20, 2018, 03:43 AM by Adeltra.)
[Image: sW4OLm.png]
Played by Vami who has 488 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
There was a call for the leaders at the border, sounded by a young wolf she had never heard before. The Drooping Willows were filled with life during this winter, more then it had seen in years, she felt. It was odd, given the fact the typically wolves didn't travel around so much in the winter though Ravenna welcomed it with all she had indured the previous winter's before: the first ending in the death of her sister, the second the death of her parents and aunt... Ravenna was happy now and would hold onto it for as long as she could.

Moving to the borders, she would take note of Leotie and Adeltra there, the two aspiring scouts of the pack. She dips to her head to them both in silent greeting as she moves forward, her pale eyes focusing on the stranger at her doorstep. She was silent for the time being as she had already interrupted the conversation. She was certain they would fill her in soon.

Inactive No Rank
Griffin Gwain Avalon

He nodded at the agouti woman, Leoite’s kind gesture, mouth too dry for any words to pass through, even if he could have thought of some. Adeltra just gave a quiet nod at his introduction, but her expression was friendly, and he wagged his tail back, smile growing a little steadier. When the next question fell, he couldn’t stay quiet though, eyes widening in surprise; “Y-Yeah… They’re m-m’ parents.” His voice shook a little, but he tilted his head slightly, looking more curiously up at the blue-eyed lady. “You know them?” He asked, not sure whether to feel good or bad about that prospect - his mom hadn’t mentioned knowing anyone in the Willows, only Charred Ash Draw.

But then the questions turned to his sister, and Gale’s heart sank. Surely, if they had seen or heard of her, they would have known straight away, not needing any more information; Unless there’s a whole lot of lost pups running around here..! He swallowed, trying to remain optimistic, but his smile had faded. Still he did his best to answer: “Well she’s… She’s taller than me, an’ all black’n’white. Got these kinda’ spots on her face. And her name is Sphinx,” He paused, breathing deeply, then added, more quietly: “Or uh… Silva, dad calls her that sometimes…” Eyes strayed from one face to the other, hoping to see just the slightest bit of recognition. Then he suddenly noticed the third wolf, who had appeared while he spoke and now stood silently behind the others. His nervousness returned, ears flicking sideways and tail dipping. “S-sorry,” he stammered hurriedly, bowing his head towards the silver-white shewolf; “I-I’m Gale ‘m… Here looking for m’ sister.” Perhaps this one knew something; Anything, please!

Word count: 288

"Speech" Thoughts
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

It had taken only the smallest of seconds for the name of the child's pack to register with the Agouti woman. She did wonder how the pair were doing but that would wait as the boy confirmed that he did know them. Her smile widened as he said that they were his parents. She nodded, “Your father was temporary alpha of the first pack I joined when I came to the lore. He and your mother left a little while after I joined. I had heard they started their own pack but I didn't know they'd had pups.” She was happy for her former packmates.

It was sad news Gale brought about his sister so it was important that they get as much information as they could about her just in case. The boy was quick to provide a description of her and Adeltra had asked for the girls name which he also provided. She gave her young packmate a bump on the shoulder for her quick thinking. As sound behind her brought her attention to Ravenna who'd appeared. Turning back to the child, “I'm sorry Gale, I haven't seen your sister but perhaps Adeltra or Ravenna have?” She turned her gaze on the two Archers with her.