This is the age of the lost and the found — Iridescent Lagoon 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 879 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
14th January, evening. For @Celandine
There's a road that takes me home
Morganna Archer

They had made it this far, but they were yet to choose a place to settle. This close to the new moon there wasn't much in the way of light to aid her but the snow itself reflected what little was on offer. The Archer padded around the northern banks of the lagoon silently, no words needed for her companion, for which she was more than grateful. Since Piety's departure, she hadn't been much of a one for conversation outside of the necessary discussions with the packs they passed, and she and @Celandine weren't much of ones for gushing displays of affection or wasted words. They both knew what they wanted, and they weren't afraid to get themselves a little dirty in the process if that was what it took.

The soft, silty soil gave way to stone underfoot and Morganna paused, the wide river stones not exactly out of place but she almost thought they felt like... She leaned down to squint at the stones from a different angle, a throaty chuckle leaving her chest. "Wish stones huh?" She hadn't expected to find them here of all places.

Played by Pinn who has 460 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Celandine Argyris
let’s admit the world don’t turn around us
Celandine Argyris

Her wrist was getting better, but the journey coupled with the cold had not been so kind. Pietro probably wanted to kill her, considering she'd been told to stay off of it whenever possible, but there would be time to rest later. Instead, she found herself silently trailing after Morganna in search of something.. better. Gods knew they needed it now more than ever. 

There was a shift in Morganna following Piety's departure. It was a miniscule kind of change. Something that likely went unnoticed by the vast majority of the wolves that followed them to the lagoon, but it was there all the same. Celandine thought to ask Morg about it once or twice, but what was the point? She didn't exactly have the best shoulder to cry on, and the alpha wasn't one she'd consider a bleeding heart, so the pale fae ignored whatever it was. Either the problem would go away on it's own, or she'd seek out one of her brothers.

As the soft shoreline gave way to a rocky bank, Morganna came to a halt. Celandine shot back a questioning glance, before following her friend's peachy gaze downward. The oddly shaped rocks would have held no meaning to the Argyris just a short year ago, but she learned a great deal of strange things in Torbine. A smirk pulled at the edges of her lips. "I don't remember seeing those here." She spent almost a month traversing the edges around the lagoon with Maeve, and Renier, but this was the first she'd heard of wish stones. 

(This post was last modified: Jan 08, 2018, 11:05 AM by Celandine.)
Have you seen my OOC preferences?
[Image: YCWYGS9.png]
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
so close your eyes and know how lucky you are
Morganna Archer

The sound of their voices was enough to startle something in the underbrush, dry branches rattling as something dappled and low to the ground took off towards the trees. They didn't really have much of a plan when they set out so Morganna gestured to Celandine with the hint of a smirk. Maybe there was a warren nearby worth raiding?

It was only a chance sliver of moonlight that showed the mid molt snowshoe starkly against the white of the snow. It seemed to be daring the wolves to come closer, and a chilly gust of wind had her stopping in her tracks. The trees were growing thicker, and the earth was rising up around them. "Whader yer think this is then?" A chill ran down her spine. This night just kept getting curiouser and curiouser.

(This post was last modified: Feb 11, 2018, 06:14 AM by Morganna.)
[Image: hashtags-skollmorganna02.png][Image: hashtags-morgannarenier.png]
Inactive No Rank
Celandine Argyris
Celandine Argyris

A pale ear flicked towards the rustling, and Celandine's head followed instinctively. At first she didn't see anything, but the familiar padding of tiny paws in the snow told her that it was a hare of some sort. Her lip curled upwards to mirror Morganna's, the same thought running through the pale fae's mind. That is, until the creature stepped into the moonlight.

Celandine wasn't the religious or spiritual type. She believed in things that were visable, things that could be observed, and manipulated, but this hare had her questioning herself. Blinking once, twice, she stared at the creature. It was.. it couldn't be. They weren't real... but it looked exactly... 

Morganna's voice was quiet in comparison to the sound of blood pulsing in her eardrums. Her fur bristled at the nape in an attempt to ward of the creeping of a chill at her spine. "It can't be.."

(This post was last modified: Jan 25, 2018, 06:38 AM by Celandine.)
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
baby i'm back now, feeling how i used to feel
Morganna Archer

It seemed to be looking at the pair expectantly and Morganna sighed, the exhale sending up a puff of steam in her face. Her head dipped in acceptance and that seemed to make the odd leporid happy enough to thump the snow in mock applause. The Archer rolled her eyes and took a step closer, the creatures pale nose twitching as it's body tensed, "Please, lead th' way then." She requested, far more polite than she would often be. Had she not been forewarned, the critter would be a midnight snack but as it stood, her options in her own mind were be polite, or walk away and never speak of it again. She could only be thankful that it was Celandine that accompanied her, for she knew the rules just as well as the Archer did.

The trees rose up around them as they proceeded further into the trees, the rocks rising up as well. How she had managed to miss this place in all her years was still amazing to her. The lore still held some secrets yet. When it finally seemed the earth was levelling out, a clearing opened up before them, a singular stone standing out among those that surrounded it. The hare seemed to leap on top of the rock before throwing the wolves a final glance and crossing the clearing to vanish beneath a hawthorn and Morganna audibly swallowed and took a steadying breath before turning to her companion. "What do yer think he meant by tha?"

Inactive No Rank
Celandine Argyris

Morganna's brain seemed to work much faster than her own, as the dark woman sighed, and spoke to the creature. Celandine would have rather turned around, and left it there, but now that they'd acknowledged it, it was better to follow along. Falling into step behind the alpha, the pale woman kept her gaze steady on the hare. Wherever it was leading them, Cela had a feeling it was important. 

The farther they walked, the higher the forest around them became. Strange that she hadn't noticed the wishstones before, and even stranger that this place remained hidden until now. Finally, they came to an odd clearing, where a deliberate-looking congregation of rocks had formed. One stone in particular stood out, and that seemed to be the one the hare favored. With one last look, the creature jumped from atop it's perch, and disappeared into the night. Celandine was still working this whole thing out in her head when Morganna's voice touched her ears. 'What do yer think he meant by tha?' She couldn't be certain, but something in her gut told her that this was it. "I think we're here." They'd found their place.

Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall

Tentatively, she had stepped towards the bush under which the hare had vanished, then stopped, eyeing the deep gouges in the earth beneath the waning moon. In her minds eye she could see it in the warmer weather already, green and earthy, moss covered stones hidden just beneath the snow. "I think yer might be right, we should come back when th' sun comes up, give everyone a chance ter look around, make sure there's nothing else hangin' around we'd rather not deal with..." Like gods forbid, a hibernating bear or a pit of sleeping snakes. It seemed like a fitting location for them to be sure.

Her head turned up to take in the sky above the clearing. The now familiar Tuttuġruk was high overhead, and she smiled, when he kicks up his legs it's time to go to bed. She clicked her tongue, maybe if she was a child she would have taken heed. "Fer now, we should probably head back."

Morganna Archer
Inactive No Rank
Celandine Argyris
Celandine Argyris

Summer would surely bring them a lush paradise, but Celandine hadn't thought that far ahead yet. Her mind was still working through the possibility of seeing such a creature with her own eyes, though she had told herself time, and time again that it was nothing more than a cubs tale. Something about her own logic failing in it's presence didn't sit right with her, but for now, the pale woman chose not to question it. "Come what may. We'll deal with it." Unless it was that.. that thing. 

A sarcastic smile played at the edges of Celandine's maw, and she bowed her head. "After you." Truth be told, she was more than ready to get the hell out of there.

Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall

Morganna was more comfortable with superstition than Celandine it would seem, which was why her offer to let Morganna go first bought a twitching of her brow upward and a slight chuckle from her chest. As long as she had no open objections, Morganna was almost certain this little slice of the lagoon was a sure thing. She could see her children running between the stony passages, wrecking havock while being far enough removed from the willows that they wouldn't be stepping on any toes. Hell, if the north was as vacant as it seemed, maybe the ridge would be their closest neighbours. Wouldn't that put a lovely little buffer between them and the rest of the lore. Anyone who managed to get past Sven's scrutinising stare and sharp tongue would be a worthy opponent indeed."If yer insist." She bumped Celandine's shoulder once more. It was high past time they got back.

Morganna Archer