(See All?) Announcements
334 Users Online

like a drunk in a midnight choir — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 350 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Nineva Hervok
For @Adeltra only.

Nineva walked the foothills of the mountain, just where the willow trees thinned and gave way to great drifts of snow and towering slate. She remembered scrambling through the gravel and loam, to where the ground was more rock than dirt, and diving into the trees that managed to take root. Chased by a flock of noisy geese. Her eyes followed the peaks, stark white against the blue winter sky, and she wondered if Cernan was still there, living peacefully by the lake. If he still shared her fear. Or if instead, his pack shared the Hollow's fate.

She stretched under the sunlight, banishing such nostalgic thoughts from her head. The past served no purpose other than teaching lessons, and dwelling certainly did not aid growth. The only reason she would need to know about the Cove's wellbeing is to form relations when she established her own pack, but she had unfortunately made no progress toward that and anyways, wasn't certain how far she would travel before being satisfied with the distance placed between herself and the forests of the west.

Her mood had been far too sour, really, to seek out company, much less recruit others to her cause. It would be difficult too, in the thick of winter, to find the able bodied individuals she intended to seek. Yet Spring would bring an opportunity she refused to pass up, and so it was a challenge she would have to overcome. A mindset she would need to put herself in.

A sigh left her lips, as she finally let the tension soften from her shoulders and spine. She had to let go of her anger.
Played by Kristen who has 301 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer
Guardian dem 1/3

Addy had gone past the borders in order to hunt some for the pack. Lilith and Kip were doing a great job but that didn’t mean that the young Archer could slack off. She still needed the experience and thus had decided to go out and brush up on her skills. She sniffed around, searching for different smells. Once she found one she would decipher what it was then decide where the freshest trail was. The freshest scent she could find was that of a squirrel but she decided that was better than nothing. She went to follow it but paused as the wind brought another scent toward her. The scent of a woman and not one of their own.

The girl turned and chose to follow that instead, curious as to who was skirting the willows. If she had been her cousins she might have been a little more territorial but at the moment she saw no reason to be worried. They obviously seemed to be keeping their distance and she had no claim to this part. The only reason she was looking into it was because of the proximity and the curiosity. The silver shape came into view and the girl was rather stunned by the color. Completely desaturated, silver in a way that almost seemed to shimmer in the light. She was so...unique. Much better than the girl’s boring black. She let out a woof in greeting.

(This post was last modified: Mar 09, 2018, 09:51 PM by Adeltra.)
[Image: sW4OLm.png]
Inactive No Rank
Nineva Hervok

call me up

cause i will always be there

The peace Nineva was seeking was soon disturbed by the beckoning of another. Her ears tilted forward as her paws stopped moving, head turning to see who could be calling out to her. Mismatched eyes landed on one of this year's crop, a daughter of the willows from the scent of her. She certainly looked to be one of Deacon's family.

Her ears and tail gave a few indecisive twitches, but ultimately Nineva decided to remain focused on her goal of being more relaxed about certain situations. She chuffed back, and then merely waited. Certainly the girl had questions for her, maybe wondering what she was doing in the parts her pack no doubt frequented. She had no problem giving answers, but honestly held no curiosity about the child nor her home. While she wanted to continue to hold the Ridge in the same esteem that her mother had, Deacon had soured things for her and anyways, Nineva wasn't so sure she'd remain close enough for any of it to matter.

(This post was last modified: Mar 10, 2018, 10:32 PM by Nineva.)
Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer
Guardian dem 2/3

There was a bit of indecision in the fluttering of the ears of the woman, swiveling back and forth in a way that told she was deciding whether or not she wanted to interact. The girl slowed her pace, wondering if she’d stumbled upon the silver lady while she was waiting for someone. She didn’t want to intrude. But, she was given a chuff in return which she attributed to being a good sign. Hi! I’m Adeltra Archer. Hope I’m not bothering you too much? she said, a grin stretching over her lips. Polite and charismatic as ever the girl remained enough distance away to provide them both comfort. After all, they were strangers and she was still a pup. Plus she didn’t want to be one of those wolves that shoved themselves up everyone’s butts all the time. Well, at least with wolves she didn’t know. Her family however…

(This post was last modified: Mar 09, 2018, 09:52 PM by Adeltra.)
Inactive No Rank
Nineva Hervok

call me up

Young as she might have been, it was easy to tell quickly how polite and mindful the youth was. Not that Nineva had much experience with children misbehaving (Ophelia's abrasiveness had always been excused by her 'older sister' for many reasons), but there was something about this one that instantly stood out. Nineva minded that much less that she had stopped to speak with her.

She gave an amused snort at the girl's comment after she had introduced herself, confirming that she was indeed a part of Deacon's large family. Nineva had to wonder if Elettra herself was still producing litters, or if this Adeltra marked a new era of leadership for the Ridge. Maybe she would find out.

"All you've said is your name. I'd hate to meet the wolf irked that easily," she teased gently. If she hadn't wanted the girl to speak to her, she wouldn't have allowed her the chance.

"My name is Nineva," the woman then returned, "Hervok. How is the Ridge?"

Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer
Guardian dem 3/3

Adeltra wasn’t getting any bad vibes from the pretty silver wolf. In fact, it felt like she was getting some very good ones and her tail wagged behind her frame. The snort only caused her grin to widen. She allowed her own laugh at the statement made about her only having said her name. A shrug moved her dark shoulders, Didn’t know if you were waiting for anybody or something. Mama taught me that intruding on someone’s conversation if you aren’t wanted is rude, she replied.

A name was given. Nineva Hervok. It was pretty, like her. She also asked about the Ridge and this warranted a curious lift of her brow. So she seemed to know about the Ridge. Well, nice to meet you Nineva, she began. We’re doing pretty good. Been here a long time, as you seem to know, and I don’t think we’re going anywhere soon, the girl said, showing her confidence in their stability. Care if I ask how you know us? she inquired curiously. It was only fair right? A question for a question.

(This post was last modified: Mar 17, 2018, 05:36 PM by Adeltra.)
Inactive No Rank
Nineva Hervok

call me up

"Well, seems your mothers done a fine job with you," Nineva complimented, that small but genuine smile still to leave her black lips. Of course, @Deacon had been nothing short of a gentleman at first too. Maybe that was a veil all Archers hid behind, but she would give the rest a chance to prove themselves. One bad apple wasn't cause to throw out the whole bushel, much less cut down the tree. She really did want to get along with the Ridge, if it was possible and even remotely pertinent.

"That's good to hear," she then replied to the young girl's concise but positive appraisal of her pack's state.

"I grew up in the area. I was born in Whisper Caverns, who used to be allied to your pack. I heard a lot of good things about Elettra and her pack from my mother. Grizzly Hollow was always on the rocks with them however, so I only visited once."

Trying to see where they stand, make it something good, but the Hollow had bigger problems to contend with and that desire had been pigeonholed in favor of trying to save the pack from itself. All for not. Nineva wondered, briefly, how different life would be if she and Kenelm had taken shelter with her parents' allies instead of the secluded Hollow. She didn't wish it, though. As much grief and frustration as she had experienced in Veho's pack, she knew she wouldn't trade the good memories and the connections of heart that had been forged there.

Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer

Nineva said that Adeltra’s mother had done a fine job with her and her tail swayed contently behind her frame. She liked to think that her mother would be proud of her, wherever she was. Though she hadn’t spent a lot of time with the woman before she’d left she had still taught her many things and instilled many values in her that had shaped her into her current form. Nicolo (and Ravenna and Sven) had taught her how to be an Archer, but Enoki had taught her how to be kind and just.

She listened as Nineva explained her birth pack and their alliance, using past tense which made her only assume that Whisper Caverns was no more. It was a sad thought to her, to imagine her home just sort of going up in smoke. Honestly, the dark Archer didn’t know what she’d do if the Willows ever broke down. It would be a dark day in the Lore indeed. Still, she was glad to hear that Willow Ridge was good in standing in the eyes of the silver woman. She threw out another pack name, Grizzly Hollow, also used in past tense and suddenly she was feeling rather bad for the older lady. That was a lot of loss, and by the scent of her pelt she was alone. How did she cope?

Sorry about your packs, she said bluntly, because Adeltra was ever the honest girl. But, you seem like a pretty good wolf and you said you were once an ally to us. Once an ally always an ally. You’re welcome to come visit anytime you want, just give a call, she said with a positive grin. Aunt Elettra died a couple months before I was born, but her daughter Ravenna’s taken over. I’ll probably get there first, but just thought you should know so you don’t get blind-sighted when she shows up, the girl informed.

Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health
Inactive No Rank
Nineva Hervok

call me up

Her ears picked up and her smile faltered as the first thing to next come out of the girl's mouth was an apology. Sympathy for what her own words had betrayed; that only fallen empires remained in her wake. The condolences felt odd to the Hervok, and she wasn't certain she appreciated them. At all. The girl was only attempting to be kind, however, and Nineva would not hold that against her. Her issues were her own, and not this child's fault.

The smile returned as Adeltra extended her welcome. While it did not come close to holding the weight of her superiors' word, it was nice to hear all the same. Much better than the sorry. Maybe the Archers would be a good connection to maintain, after all. She was certainly more likely to try now. Adeltra represented her kin well.

But Elettra was gone. Once again, the curve of Nineva's lips flattened. She was more thankful now than ever before, then, that she had been able to visit the once with @Deacon. That she had at least been able to meet the woman who her mother had always spoken so fondly of.

"Thank you, I appreciate that. I... must admit I never even realized that she was... close to that age."

It meant her mother was that much nearer to death's door as well, if not-- no. She didn't want to think about that. Absent as the woman had been since her childhood, it made Nineva's heartache to think that she might be gone from the earth.

"I'll take you up on that offer, when I've got my ducks in a row, and visit you and your pack. Let them know what a fine representative you are."