750 Users Online
Google, Bing, Mouseling, Finley, Hazelnut

keep my head from going under — Charred Ash Draw 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Namara who has 184 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Maera Slayer
First come first served all welcome

Mae wasn’t sure where her mind had been for the past few months. She thought she could handle it, joining a pack, later leading it… but her paws were calling to her… once she’d settled for the nomadic life, and it was hard for her to keep herself in one place. She couldn’t leave though, that she knew… not with the hopes she had for her daughter, or her love for Kerb. They had kept her so firmly rooted in the confines of the Draw territory. She’d been doing what she could despite the sickness that had settled in on her in the early winter months. She’d recovered… noting a bit of rest over some time hadn’t been able to fix… but a part of her still felt like she was gone… like her life was slowly being drained out of her.

And yet? It so clearly wasn’t. She frowned softly as she poked her nose through the territory, trying to catch some scents, hoping that perhaps a good hunt might clear her head and give her the answers she desperately sought. She’d talk to Kerb, but this was something embedded too deep… not even he could help her figure this out.

Played by Ghostpaw who has 345 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw

Garmir was once more doing his usual circle around the pack territory and its immidiet surroundings, he was no sentry nor guardian, but checking the borders was a habit to him especially when he had no clear tasks to perform under the pack. He simply did not know how to be idle, finding this.. freedom most unsettling. He was born to be a tool and if no-one used him or gave him tasks, what use was he then?

He was already on his way back, when his path crossed a scent of a female he had not yet properly met with. A pack member, of course, but someone he had not exhanged a single word with yet. He wasn't in hurry to meet new faces, but at bare minimum he could try to figure out whom the other members of Charred Ash Draw were, what were their motives.. how loyal they might be. This pack had no fire in their hearts and minds after all..

The earthen male did not approach her directly, but chose to keep his distance instead, following and observing her. He made no real effort to conseal his presence, but he could wait until she would call him - or tell him to go away. Of course, Garmir had no idea his behaviour could be considered.. somewhat odd especially when the two were practically strangers to one another.

[Image: garmir_by_loccian_love-dc6mod2.png]

All my characters are available for spree anytime with anyone. Just poke in slack or send PM!
Inactive No Rank
Maera Slayer

The woman couldn’t help but think about how much she missed snarling at every wolf traipsed around the particular area she roamed. In a way, she felt motion sick just by staying in place so long. It was like her heart was calling her towards the calling of her ancestors – loners by nature, the wolf who could never quite fit into a pack… but at the same time, she couldn’t leave Kerb or Lacey. That was a crime that her heart would never forgive… to wander off like neither of them meant a thing to her when they’d quickly become her whole world. If there was one thing Maera was, it was loyal to a fault.

Her ears perked, her head snapping over her shoulder with narrowed eyes, habit causing her tail to lash. “It’s rude to spy.” She said with disapproval in her tone as she turned, studying him carefully, looking for weakness like she always did. She hadn’t met this one yet… then again she had been a bit of a loner as of late, not particularly social with the rest of the pack.

[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw

Garmir's habit of just silently standing at distance could be viewed as spying perhaps and as the earthen male noticed her disapproval, he lowered his ears and head somewhat in a form of apology."I assure you that wasn't my intention. I simply did not wish to.. " -his head turned aside for a brief moment, as he seemed to search for a correct word. After seemingly settling into something, he finished his sentence while his eyes turned at her, his brow rising the slightest. "Intrude?"

Perhaps common tongue was not his first, although he did not posses heavy accent and his words came out fluent enough. Garmir seemed a little bit bothered by her accusation, maybe even afraid, both his ears and tail remaining low, with rest of his body overall passive and nothing telling. "If you wish me to go away..." -he suggested, trying to read her body language and desires. Garmir made himself mental note to work on his approaches, this.. spying obviously not a correct way to introduce himself.

All my characters are available for spree anytime with anyone. Just poke in slack or send PM!
Inactive No Rank
Maera Slayer
@Gamir Sorry this is a bit short

The former matriarch examined the newcomer. It was someone she was certain she’d never spoken to, analyzing his movements and how he reacted to her comment. He seemed genuinely apologetic, but she had lived her life for too long to take anything as it ‘appeared’ to be. It just wasn’t who the Slayer woman was. Even Kerb had received a less than warm welcome when they had first met. “You’re new here, aren’t you?” She posed quickly, noticing how strange his words sounded when they came together. “What is your name?” She asked again as she turned to face him.

Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw
OOC: No problems. Post is a post ^^ <3

Since she did not dismiss him or tell him to go away, Garmir took few steps closer and then adopted new posture, seemingly standing in attention all of sudden. His ears remained low as were his tail, but otherwise he suddenly seemed to stand tall and at the ready - next introducing himself with a clear voice. "Yes, I joined earlier this winter. Garmir is my name of choice."

His eyes remained at her, but he did not directly look her into eyes. It was clear he considered himself lower than what she was but it did not seem to bother him. His submission did not come out of fear but rather from desire to have order and structure - even if he was the lowest part of it. "May I ask your name.. and what is your.. " -he again stopped for few moments to search for a word, his eyes briefly meeting her's as if seeking help from her. "..status in this pack?"

Rank would have been better word to match Garmir's question, but from what he had gathered so far, such things were very vaguely enforced withing Charred Ash Draw. All he knew was Kerberos was the big boss, then Treyah and then everyone else - with Garmir at the bottom. What laid inbetween he had never figured out.

Inactive No Rank
Maera Slayer

Earlier this winter. He was not terribly familiar with the pack then – she almost felt like less of a failure for it as she nodded. “I’m Maera. Maera Rigel.” She introduced because no doubt he was familiar with Kerberos. Her husband was always the more friendly of the two of them. The second question… that was a little harder to answer. How did she answer without making herself appear weak? "I’m technically the Second… I led for a time alongside my mate, but I fell ill at the start of this winter… I’m fine now, just regaining strength before I return to my position." She did intend eventually to reclaim her crown, and she was certain to assure the fact that she was not weakened with sickness in this moment.

Even if she had to fight Treyah for it… she would get her crown back and she’d once more stand beside her mate as an equal. She respected the girl, and she knew the Tainn was doing a fine job leading the pack her parents had founded… but it was different. The shadow observed him closely. "What is your place... your role, I supposed it would be?" Was he a hunter, or perhaps a fighter? What did he have to offer the Draw that had led Kerberos to accepting him into their ranks.

Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw

Now this was curious revelation and Garmir wondered how it might effect the future of the pack. He was foremost loyal to Treyah - if not else than for the very fact that by her mercy he was still alive. Kerberos would have thrown him outside the pack lands when he came seeking for help at his most desperate hour - were it not for Treyah's plea to do otherwise. Regardless, Garmir bowed his head in recognition and simply noted; "Curious arrangement.. I was unaware you were actually our leader's mate. Always thought Treyah had some.. can't say a thing but a... thing with him?"

Whatever this would mean for the future of the pack, he would figure out later. If there was to be legit rank challenge, there was little he could say or do about it, even if he favored Treyah. Besides, he had only met this female now. Who knew maybe he'd even like her and respect her more than for her status? Onward to the next topic, one that Garmir found difficult to give answer to.

"I'm the lowest." -He answered with a bit of smile coming to the corner of his mouth. Truth be told, Garmir had no real position in this pack, not even after all this time. He had simply been accepted in and then... nothing. No tasks to complete, no duties to perform, nothing even asked or required from him other than what Kerberos said early on about carrying his own weight or something something. Garmir had done just that, hunting almost daily - while mostly for himself - occasionally adding to the pack's stash. He roamed borders and beyond every day and when not spying on outsiders, he would act as a sentry - but none of this had been required from him, nothing had been given to him. In a way he was bit of everything and also nothing. "...Well, I think they forgot I am here. So far nothing has been asked from me - but I am able to do many things."

Inactive No Rank
Maera Slayer

Treyah and Kerberos? No, Maera had faith that her mate would remain loyal to her, just as she was to him and their daughter. “If they are, then I am unaware… and should I become aware of something… well, let’s just say it wouldn’t be pretty.” She answered him with a cool voice, knowing the pain it would cause her. It might just be enough for her to pack up and leave, or worse… but it wouldn’t come to that. Kerberos was hers and she also trusted Treyah enough to know she wouldn’t do that to her.

Maera was surprised to find that he was the lowest. Granted his behavior with stalking members of the pack, she figured, had something to do with that.Maera was surprised to find that he was the lowest. Granted his behavior with stalking members of the pack, she figured, had something to do with that. “If it’s work your looking for, orders you’re looking for, then I’d be more than happy to oblige.” She stated, thinking towards the future with prime prospects. “Tell me about your skills.”

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity