252 Users Online
Google, Bing

don't blame me — Shallows Edge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 145 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Remington
And then you get up and get up and get up again

The slowly, seeping light of morning brought her out of the warmth of a cave. She had a routine of patrolling their western borders and then checking for prey. Either dead or alive. It was colder than usual and she groaned as the chill had some of her silver hair on end. It wouldn't be difficult just to turn around, tuck herself into a ball and sleep a few more hours away. But, even if she wanted a lazy day she was already up and might as well get moving. A vigorous shake, she swiftly stretched her limbs into a trot, trying to get her blood flowing. Nose twitched as she picked up the scents of her packmates. Damn, was she the last one up today? She frowned, that wasn't the example she wanted to set. Oh well. Maybe, no one had noticed or it wouldn't matter. Yeah, no point overthinking.

A yawn stretched her muzzle, as she ambled along a broken trail. The sky was a dull, light gray and tiny snowflakes slowly began to fall. She thought about leaving the territory. They still hadn't found any hints of Cottongrass, and she couldn't suppress the feeling of dread thoughts of him ignited. Hanging on the borders, her gold eyes skimmed along evergreen trees, indecisive.

Played by Flywolf who has 27 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Lenka Artemieva
Can I drop the newbie in here?

Word Count: 183

Lenka had spent her first few days keeping to herself, though she kept reminding herself that she needed to get to know the others. She wanted to know the territory better, like Askan asked, and had spent the last several night at different locations trying to memorize more of the layout of the land. She had a good memory, but it still would take some time.

She stretched when she got up, shivering violently for a few moments to get the frost off her fur. Tonight I’m staying with the pack, She decided, yawning and heading out to run along the borders. She’d taken to doing this at least once a day – it helped her to wake up and get a better feel for the territory itself. Today, however, she saw someone else standing at the edge. They smelled like one of the Edge wolves, so the Artemieva girl didn’t feel the need to call for her alpha. Instead she thought she’d take the opportunity to meet one of her new packmates. “Hello,” She called, not wanting to startle the woman. “I’m Lenka.”
Played by Switch who has 145 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Remington
Sorry I suck. Do you care if we act like this is more recent?

And then you get up and get up and get up again

Rem did not stand by herself very long. She could tell someone else was coming this way. She didn't mind having company, but needed to shift gears from her thoughts. So she took a long moment to finally turn her head to see it was the other female yearling. She really wanted to tease Askan and Reyes about how they seemed to attract all the young ones. How they did she was still trying to figure out.  The thought placed a warm smile to her snout. Making it easier to be in the present.

"Nice to meet ya. I'm Remington. I was thinking about finding some work. You much of a hunter?" She hoped the girl wouldn't lie. But, either way she planned to find the answer.

(This post was last modified: Mar 14, 2018, 09:06 PM by Remington.)
[Image: se_by_a_yellow_bird-dc2z4ij.png]
Played by Flywolf who has 27 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Lenka Artemieva
Ooc: sure! Does after the meeting sound good?

Lenka was pleasantly surprised to find that this wolf wasn't as... aloof as some of the other members she'd met. She scolded herself; not every member of the pack was going to have the same attitude as Hawthorne and Askan.

Her ears twitched. "Hunting?" She shook her head. "I can take care of myself if I need to, but I've never been particularly good at the group thing." she perked up. "I would love to get better, though," She added, thinking back to Reyes' suggestion of trying different things to find what she enjoyed. Besides, hunting was a skill that would never hurt to have.