(See All?) Announcements
578 Users Online
Bing, Google

You bought the ticket now you take the ride — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by WildFlower who has 134 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Tulip DayHeart
(Sorry this took so long, too many distractions going on. Lol )

Reporting for duty, Madam Alpha

Tulip waited until she felt it was acceptable to get a drink herself but did not take the time to enjoy it, a quick and simple drink before returning her attention on Moonshadow. The alpha's request was simple enough and the yearling assumed the woman would follow her. Trotting off alongside the lake she headed away from the den with long confident strides. Her head was partly lowered, the young wolf trusting her pink spotted nose as guide.

The scent lead away from the lake and wound about through the barren trees. At some points it was weaker and other's stronger, but Tulip used other tells along the way. She would stop to point out the occasional deer rubs that were somewhat small, at certain points faint hoof prints not covered up entirely by snow, then finally blood. The young girl halted upon the sight, looking towards Moonshadow. Originally she had figured the deer was a young buck that had died from lack of experience, but now she questioned such. Her nose twitched, ears slowly folding back as she inhaled deeply. "Small" The girl's voice was steady and smooth, her mind ticking with different ideas. Deciding how she was going to handle this the girl's tail rose to align with her spine.

Tulip slowly approached the scene, coming from the direction towards the wind to mask her scent, stepping lightly to prevent crunching the snow. She lowered her belly towards the ground and moved in stiff short movements to decrease her noticeability. Even more so on her luck, the animal's hind end was facing the girl and she comfortably snuck up towards a tree to conceal herself as much as a black wolf could in white scenery. The creature had not noticed her yet and so she took this time to study it.

It's body was taunt, tail snuggly tucked between long legs. Her nose had not lied to her, the thick mangy furred canine was rather small in size. Tulip had not quite decided what it was, but that was of no matter to her. While it's back end was turned towards her, the animal looked poised to run if need be with large ears swiveling about to listen. Tulip staid still for awhile, the wind was with her, blowing her scent away from the critter, but she knew that she needed to quite herself. The girl slowed her breathing turning into shallow long breaths that were near silent.

As the enemy seemed to become more comfortable with it's surroundings and more concerned with it's meal Tulip closed some distance, moving at an angle to work towards arriving at it's side. Not closely though, but with distance, the girl was hoping to gain an upper paw by coming to it's side and looking for an advantage point. The neck or belly, whichever was less covered. However, despite her attempts, another appeared facing towards her and let out a loud warning to the other. The sound was undeniable, coyotes. Tulip's sneak and kill mission had failed, but the girl assumed intimidation was still an option. She rose to her full height, bearing large white canines with a fearsome snarl and tail lifted high across her back. She went to the extent of standing on her toes, a rather uncomfortable position, but it did help make her appear larger along with the hair bristled upon her back. A few short barks left her maw with the loud clanking of teeth following. The two coyotes looked to one another, unsure of what to do. Tulip could only figure it was a matter of numbers. Thankfully they had both backed off from their kill to a degree. Yet they had not completely given up and stood close by not budging. Raising her voice the girl started approaching with clicks, warning bites, and snarls but still they continued to stand their ground. Noting this she froze and awaited @Moondshadow hoping she was not alike to Grievous in leaving her to her own battles. He would have called this a battle of skill, and that if she was worthy, the girl would find her own way out victorious.

Ashbash 2016 - Ian Schneider
(This post was last modified: Jan 16, 2018, 04:47 AM by Tulip.)
[Image: ftc_by_euphoriclies-d8zepct.png]TULIPDAY   [Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png]

Tulip has a speech impairment that causes her to talk with a severe lisp and has selective mutism. I will not be writing her words to reflect this (outside of going mute), but ask those who roleplay with her to understand it's implied.
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Inactive IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

Oh no worries your posts are definitely worth the wait :) sorry for my late reply I just couldnt stay awake last night lol

The dark duo drank their fill before the largest of the pair stood and suggested they find that deer. Moon allowed Tulip to lead on their hunt to find the deer. The ebony queen wanted to see what the yearlings skills were and today it seemed like tracking was it. Silver eyes took in the way she moved, scented the air, and tracked the deer. She was decently impressed as they did end up finding the carcass but it seemed like they werent the only ones that wanted the free meal. The scent of coyotes filled Moons nostrils and her hackles rose. The smaller canines could really be nasty critters sometimes. Before she could say anything the dark girl was moving poising herself to take on the coyotes. Moving behind the girl Moonshadow stayed low and quiet only there if Tulip needed the help.

It seemed like the girl could hold her own for when the coyotes realized her presense they backed off. The cove matriarch was mistaken for despite Tulips advances they stood their ground. Their defiance irritated Moon causing her to reveal herself. Taking on much of the same stance as Tulip the onyx woman came to stand next to her her teeth bared and hackles on end. A fierce snarl tore from her lips as she took a step towards the small canines. Realizing they were greatly outmatched the coyotes chose to turn tail and run. Moving to the other side of the deer to see if they really had left Moon gave one final bark just in case they still lurked nearby. Once satisfied they were gone the onyx woman turned back to Tulip. "Good job" she praised with a shake of her coat.

Word Count: 000
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive Deceased
Tulip DayHeart
(Aww thanks! So do you want to start wrapping this up or keep going? Also no probs, I had to work tonight, it's just life. Sorry for short post.)

Whispering Pines send my baby back to me

Tulip was every so grateful when the Cove Alpha joined her, but mindfully lowered her tail some. She couldn't help a sideways glance and the thought that this was something Grievous would have  never done for anyone but maybe the king. Together the two were enough to scare off the coyotes and send them tail tucked away. Tulip wasn't satisfied though, a frown evident on her features. They had entered the land already, and coyotes were mean creatures. She had heard stories of them taking off with young pups for dinner. The thoughts unsettled her, "Would if come back?" She asked absent mindedly starring off in the direction they ran. While her posture had return to normal the hair along her back stood on end.

The child's eyes lit up, *Good job?!*. A toothy grin slipped onto her features, tail wagging cautiously behind her. "Thank."She gushed. It was only day one and Tulip was understanding that life was going to be much different with the Wolves of the Cove. Thankfully, this change was good.

[Image: ftc_by_euphoriclies-d8zepct.png]TULIPDAY   [Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png]

Tulip has a speech impairment that causes her to talk with a severe lisp and has selective mutism. I will not be writing her words to reflect this (outside of going mute), but ask those who roleplay with her to understand it's implied.
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Inactive IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

We can wrap it up if you want :) and no worries

It seemed like the shadow ladys shadow wasnt satisfied with their work. The tiny girl voiced her concern about them coming back. "If they come back then we wont be so nice" she said with a smile. It seemed her praise lightened the yearlings mood for her eyes lit up and she gushed a single word of thanks. It warmed Moons heart for Tulip began to actually grow on her. Yes she had tried to steal from her and her pack but after spending time with her the larger woman began to think that it possibly wasnt her fault. Maybe thats all she had been taught. From the way she spoke and behaved Moonshadow believed that where she grew up wasnt a very good place. But she hoped that with a little TLC and hard work she could make a difference for the inky yearling.

Looking back to the deer the cove matriarch was pleased to see that there would be a decent amount to take back to a cache and have a meal. "Lets eat a bit then move the rest to a chache." She said with a smile before walking to the prey. She reached down and began to eat hoping that Tulip would as well. They had a long day ahead of them, it was best to get as much energy as they could.

Word Count: 000
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive Deceased
Tulip DayHeart
Whispering Pines send my baby back to me

The alpha's words left Tulip feeling more reassured and in turn she nodded. The pesky creatures were sure to receive the blunt end of their hospitality next time. If it ever came down to it, Tulip was certain that if she had any control in the matter the coyotes would be sure to never return.

Tulip heasted as Moonshadow mentioned the meal, did her grace really want to eat with her. Timidly the girl slunk up to the kill, eyes nervously glancing at Moon. She made sure to give the woman her space while they feasted. Hopefully she had understood correctly, Tulip has managed to make it this far without a beating...why start now? Besides, it was an honor to eat with an Alpha, was it not?

{FADE}

(This post was last modified: Feb 04, 2018, 03:47 AM by Tulip.)