(See All?) Announcements
1,057 Users Online
Claw, Bing, Juniper, Apollo, Google, Vasco

All that I'm asking for — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
@Bastet takes place the morning after this thread.

The rest of the night after Tulips acceptance into the pack Kajika hadn't slept. He really didn't like it when Moonshadow was angry with him and he would talk to her later but he wanted to speak with Bastet first. He hadn't been sure what to make of her hasty exit from the scene and thought it best to check in with her. He wanted to do it before the day was fully started.

After finally giving up on sleep he'd gone to the lake for his morning drink. It took a little longer than normal since he had to break a hole in the ice. He made it back to the den in hopes of catching the dark furred woman before she got started on her day. He sat back on his haunches outside the den entrance to wait for her to come out. He grew impatient however and decided to call into the den for her. Raising to his paws he poked his head in, “Bastet, are you in there?” He called quietly hoping to not disturb anyone else who might still be asleep.

[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Played by Hero who has 204 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Bastet Akhenaten
Bastet Akhenaten

Given all that had happened the night prior, Bastet had slept like a rock. She blocked out the disappointment she felt from her easy going leaders and she ignored the strange bubble of emotion that formed when she thought of their newest recruit, Tulip. So much had happened that blocking it all out was her only means of copping that is until she heard a familiar voice that was requesting her attention. Her eyes landed on the bright eyes of Kajika without wavering, and without realizing it her brows formed into a slight scowl, lips pursing. She hadn't any intention of seeing the male this early but since he was her alpha she addressed him without question, stepping closer and relaxing her face until she looked almost pleasant to see him; almost. "Yes Kajika?" she addressed him, posture lowering to show him his due respect but for some reason nothing about what he would say to her made her pleased to see him. "is there something you needed?" and she waited, within the warm confinement of her den, for him to respond.

secrets of a jewel

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

He felt that Bastet had made her feelings clear on Tulips intrusion into the territory. He'd supported her and her feelings or even his own on the matter weren't the only things he had to consider. The yearling was obviously in need of help and he couldn't turn his back on that not when he'd come to this land to do good.

For whatever reason it had bothered him the way Bastet had left the scene and now he wanted to check in with her. It was even more clear how in happy she was when she appeared and in the way she spoke to him. So formal and a note of submissiveness that made him uncomfortable.

“I would like to speak with you about the events of last night Bastet and I would like for you to speak what is on your mind.” It wasn't necessarily and order but this was his and Moonshadow's pack now and he wanted all of its members to feel comfortable talking to him and his Oynx co-lead just as he always had to Namid and Vespertio.

Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Bastet Akhenaten
Bastet Akhenaten

He was straight to the point, a trait that Bastet also liked in a wolf and for a moment she felt her eyebrow fixed into a position as if to say "are you sure you can handle it" before they straightened and she felt the breath she hadn't known she was holding rush from her chest. She wasn't quite sure what to say to the dark male, this was after all his pack and she had pledged her loyalty to him despite the direction he was taking it but there was no question that the woman had already sensed a pattern with this male. He was friendly, easygoing and relatively forgiving which were traits that had allowed her to like him from their initial meeting but she wondered if he could scale it back just a tad bit if only to preserve some integrity of the pack.  "You're so kind Kajika but honestly, my opinion wouldn't change much now." she admitted to him, her eyes softened only a bit as she shifted at her spot, suddenly worried that her truth might break something. "You have a huge heart, I just worry if it is too large..." and she paused, eyes studying his to see if he would understand where she was going.

secrets of a jewel

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

He took notice of the expression that crossed her face when he asked her to speak her mind. Kajika was never interested in hearing what his subordinates thought he wanted to hear. She had some kind of opinion about what had happened the previous night and he wanted to know what was in her mind. If they weren't truthful with each other they could never be a close pack. Fallen Tree Cove had always been a place where each wolf blood or not was like family. He wanted her to feel comfortable voicing how she truly felt.

He was grateful when she seemed to take him at his word and spoke what she felt. It was a comfort to him that she saw him as kind. It meant he hadn't followed the path of his parents and that he hadn't let the anger that still burned inside of him over Des's death get the better of him. “Do you think I worry you won't see me as kind?” He questioned wanting to make sure he was clear on what she'd said. “You worry I will destroy the pack because of how kind I am? Do you think I was wrong in allowing Tulip to stay?” With the way she'd left the scene last night he couldn't help but think that was what she thought? This conversation was about her getting whatever concerns she had out in the open so he could hopefully address them.

Inactive No Rank
Bastet Akhenaten
He asked whether she considered him kind and her eyes warmed a bit, a smile cutting across her lips in contemplation. She never once thought that the dark leader was unkind, in fact he was probably one of the most friendly of wolves she'd met since returning to the Lore and that was exactly why she worried over the pack. Tulip wasn't a bad wolf, she was just weak and she probably wouldn't represent the pack as one with more experience but that hardly mattered now; she'd already been accepted. "You are very kind, I never questioned that about you." she said, her eyes focusing on his eyes. In fact no other leader had even considered to seek her out for her opinion on the matter of other wolves like Kajika, they were confident in their decisions and cared very little for the displeasure of others. It made him different, but different wasn't always a good thing. "I think your kindness can attract the wrong wolves. Not everyone deserves your kindness, especially not during the worst time of the year. Who's to say they will remain in the Spring...Summer....next year even?" she asked him, her head cocking to the side. She worried that his kindness will make the pack seem weak, and essentially become a dumping ground for rejects.
(This post was last modified: Feb 17, 2018, 05:28 PM by Bastet.)

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

His ears came forward as he saw her expression change as he asked his question. He felt like he knew what her answer would he but he wanted to give her the chance to speak. Her words did bring a smile to his face, “I'm glad to hear your opinion hasn't changed,” he said though he wasn't sure that was necessarily a good thing. While he thought it was important to be kind and help others he felt that in Bastet's point of view it might not be best friends him to be kind. Thankfully she went on to explain herself further. The alpha nodded at her words. “Its a valid concern that you have,” he assured her not wanting her to feel he wasn't taking what she said into consideration. “I’m glad that you want the best for this pack Bastet as do I and Moonshadow. The thing is when a wolf joins you can never know if they will stay for the long haul. There have been many wolves that I believed would stay that ended up leaving. Unfortunately sometimes to only way to find out whether they will stay is to give them a try.”

To Kajika it wasn't about kindness but survival of those he cared about. In thinking of that perhaps he wasn't as kind as she thought he was. “Besides if they are going to come and ask to join to use us to recover or have a place to stay through the winter then we should use them while they are here,” he said voicing his thoughts to the woman. “Tulip however is different.”

Inactive No Rank
Bastet Akhenaten
Her head nodded, it was the only response he would get when he showed gratitude for her lack of change, but part of her knew that Kajika had already known this about her. Never once had she showed signs of disrespect toward him, not even now when she was being questioned about his decision and her face struggled to maintain a joyous expression. "That is true Kajika but what use is Tulip to us? She can barely speak and her wolf etiquette is nonexistent, I am shocked she has survived this long." she admitted, scoffing at the very idea of the woman before continuing, "let alone, she is a thief. No thief should be trusted...not even a weak one." she said with eyes once more locked on his own. Clearly her idea of Tulip was negative but she had every reason to think so, the position of lowest was a clear sign of how the rest of the pack thought of her. "she is different you say? In what way?" she asked, purely curious in what the dark male saw in this woman.

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

The alpha thought he might be getting somewhere with Bastet and that she might be understanding where he was coming from. He didn't much like the idea of strong arming his subordinates into his beliefs. He preferred of the all worked together toward a common goal, making sure the pack survived. However when she turned the conversation on Tulip he knew he had a lot of convincing to do if the woman was ever going to accept the yearling. “Right now I can't tell you what use she is to us. She hasn't even been here a day and I haven't been able to evaluate her abilities. We can't blame her because whoever's care she was in before didn't teach her what she needed to know.” While he didn't disagree with the dark woman he also felt she was judging too soon. “Do you know why she is a theif?” He asked, “There are many reasons for a wolf to become a thief and normally I would side with you Bastet that they can't be trusted but I don't think she is like the others.” He had mentioned that Tulip was different and as expected Bastet asked him how. “I knew a wolf like Tulip once and she was a member of the cove. Taught to be a thief but she changed and became a good member of the pack. We need to give Tulip a chance to change and get better Bastet because she could be an invaluable member one day. It's too soon to tell now but I believe this and if I am wrong I will let you chase her out yourself.”

(This post was last modified: Feb 19, 2018, 10:55 PM by Kajika.)