(See All?) Announcements
526 Users Online
Google, Bing

baby, i'm star-struck by you — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kristen who has 301 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer

His attempts to comfort her meant more than he knew. Just like she had grown to be a new constant in his life, he had grown to be a new constant in hers. Even while events popped up and wolves came and went he seemed to always come back and that was all she could really as of him. Piety needed him, needed and deserved his presence far more than the Archer child did. No matter how much she wanted him by her side it wasn’t his place. His place would always be in her heart, but his body and soul still belonged, rightfully, to the woman who had birthed him. The woman who had taken her in when she didn’t have to and kept her promise and delivered her back to her family despite the agony she had to have been in. Piety would always be one of the strongest wolves Adeltra Archer would ever meet.

A grateful nudge was given to him as he confirmed he would give a lookout for the girl. The more paws the better. They were already on the brink of war with one pack, they didn’t need it escalating with another. The sooner the red-headed Archer was found the better it would be for everyone. Her family was waiting. She let out a breathless laugh at his comment about how everything had happened in such a short time. No matter how she looked at it she couldn’t shake how crazy it was that they had been blinded from all sides in such a short time. This was a giant trial, she was convinced, to see if the Ridge would finally buckle. She was determined to find a way to strengthen the crumbling supports even if she had to place herself beneath one and bear its weight.

I know, it’s crazy. Here I thought that coming back home would make everything great again but it’s just...hard, she said. The constant reminder that her mother was gone, shown in the empty place next to her father and the empty place in her heart. The crumbling health of her father, the constant tension all around them. So much was different. Can I tell you a secret? she said, her voice lowering. She paused, head dipping with shame, Sometimes I wish I had stayed with you. Everything was...easier, she revealed.

Adeltra would never be sad about being home because she loved her family and she knew that her true place was within the Willows, piecing and stitching them all together as best she could. She needed to be there for the hardships they were facing but when she’d said easier she’d been talking about before she had responsibility. When she and Cyril could lay out under the stars and talk about everything or, during the more recent travels, nothing at all. When breathing was easier. But life wasn’t about breathing easy. It was about getting into the nitty gritty, about wading waist deep in a pool of quicksand and just as you were about to go under grabbing onto that vine you found in your hands and hauling yourself out. It was about facing the hard truths instead of putting your head in the dirt and it was a hard lesson to learn.

I’ll be okay though, don’t worry. I can defend myself, nothing gets past my might, she said, puffing out her chest dramatically with a grin. Really, with her small stature it was almost comical. Plus I’ll have everyone by my side, they won’t let anything happen to me, the girl assured, giving him the best reassuring smile she could muster.

(This post was last modified: Jan 23, 2018, 03:20 AM by Adeltra.)
[Image: sW4OLm.png]
Played by Arla who has 387 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Cyril Kael-Santoro

One day his mother wouldn’t need him and he would be able to return to Adeltra, permanently. Whether it was among the willows or somewhere else (depending on how things went with Morganna’s group) Cyril would find his way back to her. There was an invisible cord between them, Cyril was beginning to understand that now. They would always be connected, no matter where they were on the map. While he wished he could be there with her, to help her through all the drama that seemed to land in her lap, the sullen boy also knew she was capable of handling herself. She had survived for months on her own; he knew he did not have to worry about her, but he still would.

He offered her a weak smile at her words and nudged her cheek once more. Being home at not been easy for her, but she was making the best of it. Cyril could notice the difference in her every time he’d seen her since returning her to the willows. Not only had she grown in size, but something else within her had changed. She’d grown more mature and carried herself differently. More confidently. Maybe months of being lost had been good for her, but returning to her home had also proved to beneficial. She was growing into herself as she acquired more responsibility, and seemed more determined. It only made Cyril like her even more, but he hated not being around to grow with her.

It surprised him to hear that she wished she had not returned. She had always spoken so fondly of the willows that it seemed difficult to imagine her living anywhere else. Me too, he hummed quietly, his yellow gaze quickly avoiding hers as his confession tumbled off his tongue. He felt bad for wishing she had not returned home, but there was no use in lying to her. But there was no place for him in the Ridge—not now, not yet.

His eyes rolled at her response, his chin lifting so he could hold her gaze once more. I hope so, he hummed thoughtfully, his face still soft with concern. Just be careful, okay? He couldn’t lose her too.

Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer

Her tail thumped at the grin that spread across his maw. She always like it when he smiled. He was kind of handsome, really, and she was startled by the thought. Cyril was her friend, her best friend. She wondered how these thoughts had snaked her way into her head. Maybe it was normal? She supposed she could call Sven handsome, or even Rom. But, looking at Cyril and speaking to him she realized the calm she felt with with wasn’t the same sort of calm that she felt with her family. Her heart didn’t pitter patter with them like it did with him. What was going on? Maybe she was just stressed out. Yeah, that had to be it.

He insisted she be careful and she responded with a firm nod. Adeltra would never knowingly put herself in harm’s way. So, have you guys settled somewhere else? she asked. She assumed they had or else he wouldn’t have come here. But, then again maybe Miss. Piety and Cheedo weren’t too far away. Maybe she could see them again?

Inactive No Rank
Cyril Kael-Santoro

He couldn’t stop thinking about the possibility of war between the packs. What would happen if the Ridge was to fall? Would Morganna wipe out the entire pack—from what he understood, she had the numbers, especially with her children on the way—or was she just going for a specific wolf? Where would Adeltra go, if she was spared? If she was spared. The thought caused a grim frown to pull at the corners of his mouth, his brows pinching together. Would she come north, to the mountains, to notify him? Or would she flee, searching for a home elsewhere? He dismissed the thought with a sharp flick of his tail. He didn’t want to dwell on negative outcomes. He had to believe that everything would be okay—that it wouldn’t come to war. He had a feeling that, deep down, he would know when (or if) something happened, and he would do whatever necessary to ensure he was there for her. No matter the outcome.

Her question lured him away from his thoughts, causing his chin to fall to the side. He gave a soft nod. Sort of, he started, his shoulders rolling into a lazy shrug. Between the mountain and Ghastly Woods. Mom doesn’t want to go any further north. And neither did he. Cyril didn’t know if he’d ever be ready to return to the tundra. Even thought of it left a metallic taste in his mouth. Not sure what we’re doing yet. Staying or leaving; Cyril was just along for the ride. To keep his mother company.

Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer

The array of emotions that passed over his face seemed to move constantly, most of them a frown or grimace. For a moment she regretted telling him because now surely he was going to worry and he had enough to worry about, enough to get through. She hated bringing this into his life, her drama, when he already had so much going on himself. However, she couldn’t lie to him. Adeltra Archer was not a liar, in fact she was painfully honest. Especially with those she cared about.

Her auds shifted forward as he spoke, stating that they’d settled between the mountain and ghastly woods. She gave a nod of understanding at them not wanting to venture further north. There were too many ghosts there for them, she knew. They were trying to start new and they wouldn’t find that there. If anything happens I’ll try to come find you. I don’t have the best sense of direction but I’m sure I can manage, she mused, leaning into him. Thank you, for listening. And for caring.

(This post was last modified: Jan 25, 2018, 01:08 AM by Adeltra.)
Inactive No Rank
Cyril Kael-Santoro

His nose pressed into her cheek once more as she spoke, the comfort of her words seeping through his body. She knew him better than he had realized, or he wore his heart on his sleeve and his fears were evident on his dark features. Most likely a combination of both, as their connection was unique. Just be safe, he hummed into her fur as he leaned into her, seeking the warmth of her fur once more. Please. That was all he wanted, for he couldn’t lose her too. Being so far away… he’d blame himself if any harm came to her. He hadn’t even left yet and he already felt guilty. What if something happened! The thought hung in the back of his mind like an angry storm cloud, waiting to strike. Of course, he responded with a crooked smile as he nipped at her ear, his shoulder bumping against hers playfully. That’s what I’m supposed to do. She was home, after all. He’d always be there for her, even if they were miles apart. Nothing would change that. C’mon, show me some more of your spots, he suggested as he bounced away, his yellow gaze never once leaving her dark frame as he waited for her to spring into action and show him some more of the southern territories…

Fade.