(See All?) Announcements
630 Users Online
Bing, Google, Flair

If Only, If Only — Bramble Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Lightning who has 727 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

Shadows had fallen over the land today. . .the sun obscured by clouds and the breeze ran across the lands of Bramble Falls lightly, the leaves rustling in the darkness. It was the darkest of days one had seen since arriving in the world of Relic Lore and it was surprising to see such a beautiful land turn into such a dark one in a matter of days. It didn’t seem like it would be too bad though, it would be good for these lands to get some rain for a small while. Even though some haven’t been in the lands for quite awhile, it was much of a shock to find out that it hadn’t rained yet.

Today was a nice day for Jessie to be out and about though. She had wanted to go see the waterfalls she had passed on the way to find her sister. She had finally had the chance to back track her footsteps and found the falls that she had been looking for. The cascading water seemed to frame the cliff in front of her and she couldn’t help but smile. It was such a beauty to have something so magnificent in the midst of everything in this land. So many of the wolves here had been kind to her, but she couldn’t shake the feeling of Brenton.

She missed her best friend dearly but she knew she had to deal with it, and that was what she was doing. But she couldn’t shake the feeling of longing to see him again. She hoped that something good happened for him and that he turned out to be the strong man that she knew he could be. She hoped that his midnight coat would once again gleam like silk and comfort another, just like he had with her. Their bond would never be broken as friends. . .but both of them had known. . .she had to go find her sister.

[Image: jessiehotei-greysig01.jpg]
Played by Whitewolf who has 7 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Melodia Eagleheart
With quiet pawsteps, Melodia made her way towards a rabbit that was currently nosing around in the fallen leave for any traces of food. The white wolf stopped in a crouching position, gathering her strength in her haunches, before springing out at the surprised hare, which bolted off into some bushes. The familiar feeling of exhilaration as she chased her query rose up in her chest, making her gallop faster and faster. Around trees, over logs, through bushes... Melodia refused to give up on another meal.

Melodia let out an involuntary yelp as her paw got stuck in a hole and she stumbled, only to get up again to pick up her chase. To her utter annoyance, she found the hare had picked up it's speed, which did nothing good for her. With every step taken on her injured paw, another jolt of pain ran up her leg. Defiantly, Melodia picked up her pace, paws pounding against the earth as her meal fled.

Suddenly, the rabbit when down a hole and too surprised to lower her speed, Melodia kept running, now crashing through the bushes as she lost control over her paws. Before she knew what had happened, she crashed into another wolf, and by the scent, Melodia judged the wolf was female. She pressed her ears against her head as she stepped away, chagrined, and muttered an apology.
Played by Fenrir who has 639 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ice Aesir
Hope you don't mind my company. :>

you do not know who is your friend
or who is your enemy
until the   ICE breaks.
He was nearly whole again; only a single piece missed, a piece which bore no name but was clad in midnight dark and had crackling eyes, like brilliant flames, capable of outshining the sun should they wish, yet glowing like embers even in the dark. That single piece of the puzzle lay up in the mountains, but he could not yet bear to go there - and whyever not? He wasn't quite sure, only that the time wasn't right, that there were pups here to be defended, and pups there, so if he so much stuck a whisker too close... Swift River did not need to piss off Poison Path, it was enough that they kept pissing them off. Only the presence of pups kept a sort of truce, held them back from all-out war... So that was a piece he could not yet go and find, a piece that would have to remain scattered somewhere until he could find it again - or, until he could bear it no longer. The last thing he wanted was for her to keep suffering because he had been an idiot. I'm sorry. His eyes closed for a moment, reliving the moments of their meetings. She was his precious friend. And he'd managed to act like an utter ass, and still couldn't work up the guts to go near her! But, in truth, it was more than just that - he didn't want her to suffer because of whom she met with. He didn't want Poison Path to know, and punish her for fraternizing with the enemy, or whatever you'd label their crime as.

Ice was surprised to find himself at the foothills anyway, but slightly north of both the Grove and where he knew the Lake to be. He hadn't been up to the waterfall since he'd met Indru there half a year ago or so, yet here he was, nosing along. The River wolf still didn't enjoy running water, but somehow he'd managed to brave the falls and jumped through one of them, not just once, but twice. Indru had freaked him out but it had been worth it - it had definitely been worth it. He thought of Marsh, and the world felt right.

He hadn't expected to find someone else there, but there she was, looking like any other wolf. Naturally she was smaller than him, but Ice was a beast, and he was used to it. She seemed preoccupied with thoughts, watching the elegant flow of water down the cliff face, but if Ice was one thing, it wasn't sensitive. He was just preparing to bounce up to her and see who she was, when something very, very strange occurred. Out of the bushes came a white wolf, careening headfirst into the stationary female, and Ice stopped in his tracks, baffled. Did this place attract wolves with a flair for running into one another, or what? The surprise of the moment passed and he laughed, not unkindly, and trotted up to where they both were perched, awkward. He was just about to say something when the second surprise hit him.

The first female, she smelled of Cali, and that was the first thing he said: "You smell of Cali." A moment later, he wished he could take the words back - it wasn't exactly polite, and while he'd not spoken in an accusatory voice, it was a bit, well, weird (and since when wasn't Ice weird, so it did sort of fit). He grinned sheepishly, hoping they'd forget their collision and his rather odd way of introducing himself. It would be so messy if they started attacking each other!
.ice aesir
let the stars above shine in your soul
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

Not soon after she had settled down did another wolf burst through the clearing. The wolf instantly ran headfirst into Jessie. The female must have been slightly larger than Jessie, for when they collided, Jess slide near the banks of the water, wetting her paws up to her underbelly. With a small snort she padded out of the water before shaking herself briefly. Smiling brightly at the female in front of her she laughed pleasantly, “It’s quite alright, mistakes happen commonly.” She didn’t mind the small happening that had just occurred, though she did wish that she could have had a little but more time to coordinate her thoughts with Brenton.

Before long, another scent reached her nose. . .it smelt strongly of Swift River, and that made Jessie’s head lift higher. Soon enough, the wolf she had been seeking, spoke. Turning her head briefly towards the sound she found a larger wolf, male. He had snow white fur and he looked quite older than her. His words brought a small laugh to her lips before she answered, “Do I smell like my sister? Hah. I would hope so, sir. I am apart of your pack now.” Her head automatically dipped in respect and submission, she knew she was third in position, but she did figure that everyone else in the pack held higher respect than her, she was, in fact, the newbie.

Inactive No Rank
Melodia Eagleheart
Melodia's eyes flickered uneasily between the two wolves as they talked. She was uncomfortable with the situation, but at the same time disappointed that her rabbit got away. One of the wolves in front of her was a small female, the one she had crashed into. The other was a large male, with the same fur color as her. <b>"I've never seen you two before,"</b> she stated, her puppy-ish side kicking in. Immediately after she said that, her stomach growled loudly and she grimaced, adverting her eyes.

<b>"Just what I get for letting my food escape. Oh great, now they probably think I'm crazy for talking to myself. I should probably stop, huh? Oh well,"</b> she muttered bitterly to herself. She looked around them, only now noticing that she had never been here before. <i>'Not exactly what I planned, but...'</i> she thought, examining the area with bright eyes.
Inactive No Rank
Ice Aesir
or who is your enemy
until the   ICE breaks.
Oh, oh, oh! They didn't break out fighting, and Ice felt some of the tension go out of him. The Cali-smelling girl just said it was alright, and the larger white female seemed to just duck her head and let it pass. His gaze swept over to the smaller female again, and she laughed softly; he didn't know if he should be offended or amused, but a small smile curled the corners of his mouth and it was with kind eyes that he watched her. The kindness, however, quickly turned to surprise, tinged a little by embarrassment. Not only was she Cali's sister, but a recent packmate! Ice gave a somewhat shaken snort, but the smile had widened, a few bone-white teeth showing beneath the black lips. "That explains it," he said brightly, inwardly pleased with her spontaneous submission. Without thinking about it he raised his head and tail, stepping closer to rest his muzzle against the top of hers for a moment. He was just about to say something more when the white Runs Into Wolves chirped up, sounding so much like Ice on his puppy-days that he nearly burst out laughing. But, that would've been terribly rude, and.. speaking of rudeness.. He was still being rude! With a comical look of mock horror he groaned, bringing one foreleg up to hide his muzzle behind. "Ah, forgive me my impolite behavior, m'ladies! I'm Ice, of Swift River. And," he focused his gaze on Runs Into Wolves, whose poor belly growled. "I've not seen you either, so it only makes perfect sense that you've never seen me before! Do tell, what is your name? And then you can all laugh, because I admit that I don't know my newest pack mate's name." He swung his head to look at Run Into By Wolves - Cali's sister. "Care to enlighten me?"

And then the show was over, and Ice wondered what the hell he'd just said. He was quite skilled at talking nonsense, but it seemed Runs Into Wolves mirrored this trait, for she grumbled to herself. The male's ears pricked up, a soft smile showing on his face. "We're all a little crazy, I think," he said gently. He definitely had a few screws loose in his head, and if Cali's sister was anything like Cali... Okay, he'd never met her under ideal conditions, and his grudge had mostly dissipated after that enchanting night with Marsh by the river, but he wondered if anyone could be around goofy Indru and loony Ice for any longer period of time without having it rub off on them. He was about to open his mouth and suggest they hunt some game to make up for the loss of the rabbit, and to fill all of their bellies, bond a little, make new friends, have a picnic in the sunshine... but he realized that he'd already talked a lot, and shut his mouth with a click, teeth locking together to form a wall to imprison his flighty words. Expectantly he peered at his two companions to see what they would do, what they would say, if they'd laugh or run away screaming; maybe someone else would get the idea of a hunt? It would be good bonding, and if they found some smaller prey - though larger than rabbits - it would be possible to pull off a hunt. Then they could kidnap Runs Into Wolves, and take both her and the remains of the prey back to Swift River! Yes, yes, good plan, good plan. Running into wolves would then be a slightly more common trait in the pack. After all, Ice's first meeting with Indru had consisted of nearly careening into him...
.ice aesir
Inactive No Rank
Melodia Eagleheart
A small smile tugged at the corners of Melodia's mouth and she instantly perked up. <b>"Well hello, Ice. Me name is Melodia,"</b> she giggled, giving a mock bow. Her paw still a bit sore, but she had suffered worse. Then, realizing that her fur was dirty from when she had run into the small female, as well as when she was chasing the hare, she shook all the dirt and burrs from her white coat.

<b>"I have a tendency to run into wolves, but hey! It's fun sometimes!"</b> She stood up and grinned toothily at them. True to her nature, Melodia felt the need to make a friend out of every wolf she ran into - sometimes literally. But, she had a bad side too. And that was <i>not</i> a fun side to see, unless you were her friend or companion.
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

Her pack mate seemed generally embarrassed to not of have scented her before she had scented him. She was completely fine with it, but it was sort of a small boost of confidence for her. He seemed pleased with her brief submission to him, and he soon stepped forward and put his muzzle on top of hers. Instinct took over her reactions and she instantly licked his chin lightly. Her tail wagged slightly, happy that his wolf seemed much more talkative than Marsh had been. She loved talking, but she supposed if she wanted to get on Marsh’s good side, she didn’t want to seem too talkative to him.

Ice seemed like a gentleman in his own sort of way, for he soon apologized for his rudeness and asked for their names. Just as she was about to answer the other wolf answered instead and Jesse’s own maw clamped quickly shut with a clamp. She listened to their short conversation lightly. A small smile on her face at the words that they spoke. Of course everyone was crazy in their own special way. She didn’t speak this out loud though, for she found it highly amusing that they both seemed to have the same problem of speaking too much.

Her black and white fluffy tail swished back and forth happily. She had finally met another pack mate and so far the encounter had been marvelous. Opening her mouth she spoke with a bright tone in her voice, “I’m Jessie Swiftpaw. But you can call me Jess!” She hadn’t exactly been comfortable with having others call her Jess at first, but it had seemed her friend Sloane had already forced the uneasiness of the nickname out of her, so now she could wear it proudly.

Inactive No Rank
Ice Aesir
Could we try to stick to a posting order? :3 Now it'd be Jessie - Ice - Melodia - Jessie - Ice - Melodia etc. :)

or who is your enemy
until the   ICE breaks.
Oh, it was nothing short of a miracle that they didn't bash his head against a rock for talking as if the end of the world was imminent but could be forestalled by spouting as many words as possible. He knew he had a tendency for rambling, but it hadn't come out in quite some time, and it felt good now that it was actually happening again - like finding a lost piece of yourself and finding it still fits the puzzle. Behind him, his tail lived its own life and was wagging at a high position, ears flicking around to capture the sound of the white, larger female's voice. Melodia, hm? It was a pretty name, and she followed it up by announcing she had a tendency to run into others. Well! She was hardly alone when it came to that! Ice's first meeting with Indru had been a near-collision, not far from here; he'd even jumped through a friggin' sheet of water twice. The memory still made him shudder. Then Cali's sister piped up, calling herself Jess. Well, that was one mystery solved. She was a very new member, her scent still mostly her own and her sister's, but if he thought about it, there was some Indru there too. Still, it was hardly like Ice, who smelled so much of everyone that he hardly smelled of himself. Queer to notice was that the perhaps strongest scent on him was Marsh's.

"Well, Jess and Melodia, pleasure to make your acquaintance!" he announced grandly with a grin, somewhat sad that neither of them had come up with the idea of trying out a hunt. For a moment he hesitated, then decided to toss it all to the wind, and looked to the surrounding forest with eager eyes. "And I happened to hear a complaint about a loss of food," he said, bemused. "So why don't we rectify that, hm, ladies?" As in, let's go find a deer! Not that he smelled anything here and now, but prey was seldom that hard to find here in the Wildwood, so likely it wouldn't take all day to find something. If they were interested... Ice's started, as if to turn away, but paused mid-step and looked at them over his shoulder. "Unless you'd rather spend the time doing something else?" After all, he hardly wanted to force them to a hunt! But hunting was good bonding, and he'd not mind assessing the skills of his newly acquired pack mate, and one that was a potential recruit .. if he and Jess played their cards right. The cubs back home were a little older now, so Indru and Corinna were less likely to bite the noses off loners, especially if they were brought home instead of bothering them at the borders.
.ice aesir
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/JessieTable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 15px; padding-bottom: 290px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px;">It seemed as though her pack mate would think about something deeply, be about to speak again, before going back into deep thought. This amused her highly and she simply tilted her head slightly at the thought. When his words came to her, she couldn’t stop the excitement that coursed through her. And it soon went all the way to her tail. She was so excited that her tail wagging was making the rest of her body sway back and forth before she made her way forward. She pounced on Ice slightly before turning her head back around towards Melodia.

It didn’t seem like she was interested in the hunt, and sadly enough, she disappeared into the forest once more. With more wags of her tail she tilted her head towards Ice. “So what kind do you think to hunt most?” Her questions held general curiosity and kindness in it. This was her pack mate and if that was the case then she would definitely need to learn how to get along with him. Perhaps he was good friends with Cali. That would prove to be interesting.