(See All?) Announcements
587 Users Online
Bing, Google, Mouseling

this is it, the apocalypse — Heartleaf Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Nova who has 443 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;"> <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#3F7240;">
The incredible partners in crime had walked through and skirted countless territories on their journey south. They needed to pick up a new place to relocate and while Ana had been set to travel much further south, she had lingered quite long in Heartleaf Creek. It was sustainable for the two of them had provided them just enough cover from the weather and other dangers. However, much more than that it was a place where she caught several pack scents that she would need to investigate.
After passing through the fields of blackberries and the wild cherries, they had cross a section of the wild wood before reaching the Creek. It was a beautiful place, well-rested and serene and hopefully they would make themselves a decent home to plan their next few moves. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;">“I think we should stop our journey and make camp here,” she said to Lachesis as she turned her head to look at him with a curious expression. They would need to do this if they were going to join a pack. Every day that it was just them was a danger to them, they needed to be better protected with a pack’s boundaries.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;">“I can scent more than enough packs just in this area alone so we shouldn’t have a problem finding a couple more. I can even smell Willow Ridge which was the pack the wolf I met was in.” Though she had no desire to join that pack, it also meant that there would likely be more around for them to choose from and that was hope enough.

i'd love more threads, so message me if you'd like one!
looking for friends, potential love interests and role-inspired threads!
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
and if i may just take your breath away, i don't mind if there's not much to say
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#A5BA66;">
Being back on the move felt good — the youth had begun to grow restless in their previous location after they had explored all the neighbouring territories. Change was good, change was what the pair needed. If they settled for one of the packs near their temporary den site they may miss out on an even better opportunity elsewhere in Relic Lore. It was also exhilarating to be traveling through areas that they had not seen before — there was so much to explore, Lachesis didn't know where to start!
As they passed through the field dotted with blackberry bushes the ghost remembered the black pack wolf he had met, Hollow. He had liked the idea of the black male calling his pack a 'family', but there was still more to see, more wolves to meet. XIX wanted to weigh his options — this pack had to be perfect and had to meet the needs of the dysfunctional pair. They both had different qualities they were looking for, but they constantly intertwined with each other to make sure that both wolves were happy. It was a difficult process, but it had to be done. Lachesis did not know what he would do if Anastasia was not happy where they ended up. She had to be happy; when she was happy, he was happy, and everything was right.
'I think we should stop our journey and make camp here.'
Nineteen stopped in his tracks while he gave a short, soft nod, a smile curling onto his maw as he glanced over his companion. This — traveling — had felt right. It was how the two wolves had met, and ever since they stumbled into each others lives they had become inseparable (aside from a few day trips away from the den). Lachesis had nearly forgotten how much he enjoyed traveling with his blue-eyed dove <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#A5BA66;">"Sounds g-good," he stammered cheerfully, the smile still present over his dark lips. He would have followed Anastasia to the ends of the world if she wanted to go there. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#A5BA66;">"I-I like it h-here." The boy glanced around, pear eyes narrowed as he took in their surroundings. For now, it was perfect. There was not too much cover so it mirrored the forests that they had previously explored, but it offered enough to keep the pair safe.
[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
vague ana is vague. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;"> <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#3F7240;">
With all the training that she had given Lachesis, she felt that he was potentially ready for their future. Once they joined a pack she believed that everything would be great for them, that they would fit right in and no problems would ever arise. No one would ever give them grief and they would be well respected and never seen as anything less than perfect. As Reaper had conveyed that as Arctics they were a divine species and they were important; they were pure. On their journey over she had thought about discussing it with him but figured since this would be a crucial development for them that they should discuss it while stationary.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;">“Don’t like it too much,” she grinned and rubbed her muzzle at his neck, <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;">“I ran into a man named Reaper yesterday who was very interested in having you and I in a pack he wants to put together.” Of course, she was also aware of Reaper’s selection process but Kira would get all the information hopefully soon so there would be more to discuss. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;">“When I ran into him he called himself a Pure One which I think where he’s from it means an Arctic with white fur. But I remember him distinctly saying ‘you could have a pack built around you, tailored to your every need’. Does that sound like a good idea?” Anastasia certainly was intrigued but she would want Lachesis’ opinion, his was the only one that mattered to her but she also wanted to know that the two of them would be completely safe.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
and if i may just take your breath away, i don't mind if there's not much to say
Although they had left their previous packs for different reasons, it was almost as if the two Arctic’s were meant to find each other. They were completely different yet they worked so perfectly together and had similarities that bound the two wolves together. Now that the blue-eyed girl had entered his life and become such a large part of it, he couldn’t see himself being without her. He knew that she was capable of handling herself when they went on separate trips during the day Lachesis still worried that something would happen to her – perhaps she would cross paths with an unpleasant wolf that would result in a brawl. All XIX wanted was for his friend to be safe – he adored her and, while he knew he was barely capable of it, he wanted to protect her.
His brows furrowed as she began to speak about this ‘Reaper’ that she had met on one of her day trips. Her excitement was evident in the tone of her voice, but something about the stranger she talked about bothered the youth. An unsettling feeling began to stir in the depths of his stomach, threatening to spill into his throat as he mulled over her words. A ‘Pure One’. The word itself bothered XIX, but he wouldn’t let it show. Anastasia seemed excited about the promise of having a pack built around them, but the spider-legged boy couldn’t help but be skeptical. This was something she wanted – he could tell without her having to say it. Though her words left the boy with a peculiar feeling, Nineteen tried to remain open to the possibility of this pack Reaper had been telling Ana about. Perhaps this could work – maybe the boy was just being paranoid. He had not met the Arctic himself, he was only making assumptions based on what his companion had said thus far.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#A5BA66;">“I t-think that c-could work…” he started, lips drawn tight as he finally met the female’s bright cerulean eyes. He paused after speaking before giving a short nod, almost as if to assure himself that it was in fact a ‘good idea’. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#A5BA66;">“I w-would like t-to meet him,” he added as a smile finally began to appear on his dark lips, tail twitching at the idea.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;"> <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#3F7240;">
Upon meeting the two travelers, there was no doubt that it was obvious of how these two coalesced well together. They were united to form one mass, two in one; to grow together as the team that they were made out to be. Even though the two were fairly inseparable, Anastasia was also intrigued by being friends with others just as he would love to know others his own age—those just a little younger than Ana herself. Plus, she was sure he might appreciate some more manly company than that of a girl. It was still somewhat surprising to her that Lachesis could stand her for this long. Then again she often times remembered how guys in her birth pack treated her then felt completely okay with how Lachesis was with her. It was a nice change to being treated as a nobody, as someone who was simply there to bend to their every need.
Oh, he thought that Reaper’s pack would work! That sounded lovely! It did, it really did. A small part of Ana was still going to keep her options open but who would not like the idea of being seen as the stronger links? Reaper had made her feel special, just like Lachesis did, and those were the types of wolves she wanted to be with. Ones that made her feel like she was one in a million, just as unique as each cloud in the sky. Both males made her feel safe and wanted, something that most females always desired to feel and to have expressed to them. It would be a nice change and something on the opposite spectrum of what she had always known.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;">“Sure!” she answered excitedly, <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;">“I’m sure he would like to meet you too! I told him that I wouldn’t join without you ‘cause you’re my friend and we cannot be separated.” It was all true; she would never let anyone tell her any different. If someone did not appreciate Lachesis’ presence then they also didn’t appreciate hers. If one left, so would the other, etc. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;">“Did you find anything?” Ana always went off at least once during the day to explore, scout and catch meals; however, sometimes things slipped her mind that she would normally forget to tell Lachesis or was much too tired from traveling to remember everything.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
Lachesis didn’t want his apprehension of this ‘Reaper’ to show – Anastasia had spoken so enthusiastically about this stranger, and the idea of building a new pack rather than joining one did sound appealing. But the ghost wasn’t one to judge, he had not met this Arctic yet so he could not decide whether or not he liked him just yet. If his cerulean-eyed friend thought that this wolf was trustworthy and pleasant than there was no reason for XIX to feel any different. He trusted Ana’s judgement and if she believed that this would be good for the pair then so would he. It wasn’t fair of the long-legged yearling to make any assumptions before meeting the Arctic his companion was raving about.
Perhaps XIX felt uneasy about this stranger simply because Anastasia spoke about his preposition so passionately, and the unsettling feeling of jealousy began to rear its ugly head. Why was he even jealous? They were friends; partners; companions; nothing more. She was allowed to make friends with others just as he was, so there was no reason for this feeling of envy to arise. They both deserved to be happy, and considering they spent the majority of their time together there was going to be the desire to search for other friends. They would never be separated – they were permanently a pair now, and would always be together – but it was good for the two wolves to meet others and develop friendships.
‘… and we cannot be separated.’
Happiness devoured the previous feelings of jealousy as Ana explained to him that she told Reaper she would not join without him. Of course. It had been silly for him to even think that Ana would forget about him to join the future ranks of this pack the Arctic loner was planning. They were a team and would remain that way. Always. “S-sounds good,” the boy chirped in response with a small smile pressed to his dark lips. He had to meet this Reaper to decide for himself whether this would really be a good move for the two.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#A5BA66;">“I m-met a w-wolf – Hollow – from a p-pack c-called Secluded Woodlands. He d-described it as a ‘f-family’, which I l-liked.” Lachesis was excited that he had news of his own to report – he hoped that Ana would be proud of him for the scouting he had done. With her lessons he was getting more comfortable with approaching other wolves – something that he was going to need when it came to joining a pack. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#A5BA66;">“And I m-made a f-friend, Capella, who t-talked about a p-pack forming s-soon in Spectral Woods,” he added, pear eyes glancing down at his forepaws as they shuffled in the dirt.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;">“Oh?” she asked, curiosity forcing her ears upwards so that she could listen intently to her companions information. Secluded Woodlands … that was a name she had not heard yet and it sounded pretty interesting. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;">“I do like the sound of that,” she answered finally after thinking over the idea of joining a ‘family’ pack, <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;">“was he friendly—the wolf you met from there?” If he wasn’t friendly then Ana would second guess it but Lachesis did seem rather excited with the information so certainly things had not gone wrong in this meeting that he had forced himself into. This made Ana happy, to know that her help was making him much better at making conversations with those that he didn’t know very well. It would all pay off soon.
The lithe young adult could only hope that Lachesis would like Reaper as much as she did and see as much promise as she dreamed. They would not have anything to worry about if they joined a pack that was built around them, so why say no? Ana simply wanted to belong somewhere instead of just being a twosome all the time. Don’t get her wrong, she loved being with Lachesis every moment but sometimes she just wished she could bump up the time frame so that the two of them could be happy within a pack. They both needed friends their own age and XIX proved it—he had met a friend named Capella. A name Ana instantly remembered.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;">“I think I met Capella as well after I traveled towards the Spectral Woods,” and this alone was good news. It meant that the two of them had come across a wolf of the same pack and likely had the same idea about their encounter. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;">“She was very friendly and very kind, though she told me that their leader would take their time to form the pack so that they could do it the way he wanted. So, it could take a while before that pack goes up.” Capella had not offered to call her Alpha so more information could be given nor was there an option to investigate the territory further. Anastasia had not wanted to push the yearling, scaring her off would have been illogical.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
He nodded at her reply, the grin spreading across his face as he met her blue gaze. Lachesis was glad that Ana seemed pleased with his information — perhaps this would distract her from the idea of Reaper's future pack. Even his name left an unsettling feeling in the pit of his stomach, paired with this notion of building a pack around them who would tailor to all their needs caused the yearling to feel lightheaded. XIX felt guilty that he was even feeling this way, especially considering how Ana had been so excited with this preposition, so he had to give this stranger a chance.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#A5BA66;">"He w-was v-very friendly," he started with a slight wag of his tail, gaze focused on his pearly companion. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#A5BA66;">"He m-mentioned that there h-had been d-diseased w-wolves in Relic, which w-worries me." Lachesis wondered if she had heard anything about this these sick wolves that had plagued Relic Lore. He hoped that these wolves had already moved on so that the pair could avoid them — he didn't know what he would do if Ana was to get sick, or vice versa.
His ears perked up when she had admitted that she had met Capella as well, pear eyes widening slightly as she elaborated on their meeting. Lachesis was glad that his friend had nothing bad to say about the dandelion-eyed girl he had met in the Woods. The boy had promised his new friend that he would return soon to visit her — luckily their temporary den site wasn't too far from the place she called home. He wondered where Reaper would decide to claim when (and if) he formed a pack; secretly, he hoped that it would not be within a forest as the spider-legged ghost had grown tired of them. But, perhaps if Capella's leaders decided to claim their land soon, he might change his mind on living in a forest. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#A5BA66;">"It's a n-nice area — the f-fog is a b-bit scary, though — b-but she w-was rather v-vague about the p-pack. The area s-smelt of p-puppies."
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
Happiness was what no doubt drove the young adult to do the things she did. Anastasia loved Lachesis, wanting nothing but happiness for him but she also wanted to be good to herself, going with her gut feeling and hoping that Reaper was as nice of a guy as he played out. The stranger had been kind, complimenting and had given Anastasia a hope to believe in. She wanted a pack that would not push her around but instead ones that could likely look to her for help. All she wanted was to be a part of a pack that saw her as more than just a feeble woman.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;">“That’s good,” that he was friendly. That meant that Lachesis was likely doing better with confrontations and could handle himself in situations so that the wolves here did not seem so feral after all. Perhaps it meant that more courage and confidence would become of him. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;">“I had not heard about this sickness nor have I seen anyone who seemed sick… did he say when it started?” Anastasia did not want to come across this sickness so she would need to be extra careful and take precautions, <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;">“did he say anything about symptoms or a way to tell if someone is plagued by this disease?” That way, if they had an idea, they would be able to avoid it at all costs but something told her that information had not been completely given. Ana had reason to believe that most wolves in these lands never wanted to give away decent information, they were always vague and unhelpful.
Ana smiled, amused by his idea that the fog was scary but she felt the same so it was all the more appealing. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;">“I agree, I got completely turned around in there and she helped me out. She also didn’t give me much information about the pack either just that their leader wanted to do it their way,” although that was somewhat helpful (told her that it was going to be awhile before a pack sprung up, she assumed) it didn’t tell Anastasia or Lachesis what they wanted to know.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
<b style="color:#838136; font-size:12px;">
Lachesis wondered what would happen if he didn't see Reaper in the same light that his blue-eyed companion did. What if his gut feeling about the Arctic loner was right? The boy wasn't sure what it was about Ana's description that bothered him, but something was off... And Anastasia ... she was so compassionate, so understanding — he knew that she always saw the good in a wolf before she noticed the bad. XIX couldn't bear the thought of what she would think if his assumptions were correct, it would break her heart. For her, he would try to like Reaper, and push all concerns away. If it meant making her happy he would do anything. Lachesis knew that he was going to have to make himself look useful in front of the loner — his stuttering made him look weak, and so did his nerves. He was going to have to practice speaking properly, even just to minimize the amount of his stuttering.
<b style="color:#838136; font-size:12px;">"He d-didn't say," the boy started, his voice soft as he tried to focus on his speech. <b style="color:#838136; font-size:12px;">"But he did s-say that the sickness should be g-gone." Better, much better. He mentally squirmed at his small triumph, and made a note to keep practicing even when he wasn't around Anastasia. If it meant looking like a looney by talking to himself, so be it. He needed to defeat this stutter. <b style="color:#838136; font-size:12px;">"If we c-came across one I think it would b-be obvious. They w-would probably s-stink." He gave a hesitant smile while he spoke, eyes avoiding the blue gaze of his friend
<b style="color:#838136; font-size:12px;">"I like the idea of a f-family. I w-want to b-belong." His ears flattened as he spoke, tail curling against his hindquarters as silence settled between the two friends. Lachesis belonged with Anastasia, but where she went might not necessarily be where he belonged.