(See All?) Announcements
835 Users Online
Google, Bing, Viorel, Adora, Ozark

i’m waking up — Heartleaf Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Nova who has 443 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
private for @Lachesis & @Reaper. it doesn't matter who posts first. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;"> <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#3F7240;">
Their traveling was quiet, for the most part. Neither of them talking too much or discussing, but there was very light chatter in the middle just to keep it normal. Anastasia led the way towards Heartleaf Creek where they had made their home and prayed that Lachesis would be their so he could see for himself how determined and promising this wolf was. Everything spoke of the three of them making bounds in the future, making a place for themselves that was safe and secure—something that the two traveling companions desperately needed. No other wolves here had been very informative; however, she had met a good few whom she liked but most of them were lone wolves which didn’t help her case.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;">“Here we are,” she said with a smooth voice as she continued to walk a little further so that she could call for XIX. He needed to be here so that she could show him what their future could look like together. Anastasia was almost positive that he would see what she saw. To look at Reaper was to feel the strength that he was, the promise that he would take care of them and those that followed him. Was that not what they wanted? It was what she had wanted all along and what she assumed that Lachesis looked for as well. Anastasia was tired of being a loner, tired of seeing her coat grow less and less glossy; she wanted to feel the warmth of a pack surrounding her.
(This post was last modified: May 21, 2013, 10:06 PM by Anastasia.)

i'd love more threads, so message me if you'd like one!
looking for friends, potential love interests and role-inspired threads!
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
<b style="font-family:georgia; color:#838136; font-size:11px;">
The loner had been lounging around their den site while Anastasia had been off scouting. Sometimes it bothered the pear-eyed boy being separated from his companion, but in order to get information about neighbouring packs it was something the two wolves had to do. Even though he knew that she was capable of handling herself, XIX still worried about her while she was gone. After she had mentioned this 'Reaper', who promised her a pack who would tailor to their needs, there was an unsettling feeling lingering in his stomach. Lachesis had tried to push it aside as jealousy, and that there was no need for him to feel this way, but it remained no matter how hard he protested. He had not met the Arctic wolf yet, so the yearling could not make any judgements about this stranger that Anastasia boasted about. Making assumptions about a wolf he had never met was not fair, and Lach at least had to give this male a chance.
While his friend had been gone, the boy was trying to practice his fishing skills in the creek that flanked their den. So far he had been unsuccessful, but the boy was determined to catch a fish before his cerulean-eyed friend returned. Oh, she would be so proud of him! He wriggled in excitement as he stood in the cold water, pear eyes searching for movement among the rocks below the surface. XIX knew he was getting close to catching a fish — after missing about twenty of them, he was bound to catch one soon. (Or, at least he hoped.) Ears were tuned forward, ignoring the background noises as they threatened to break his focus. He would catch a fish, he had to. Not for himself, but for Ana. There it was — a flicker of movement, the shine of scales reflecting off the sun, and Lachesis lurched forward, teeth searching for the soft flesh that awaited him.
Nineteen bounded toward the bank of the creek, his catch flopping helpless between his jaws. His tail wagged excitedly behind him as he gave his coat a shake to abandon the excess water that clung to him before he padded toward the den. The boy was radiating with pride, his head held high as he carried himself away from the creek. It was that moment when Ana's scent struck his nose, paired with another — a loner, reeking of the musk of a male. He legs froze, brows furrowing as he glanced around for his blue-eyed friend. Was this the 'Reaper' she had been talking about that was with her? Giving himself another brief shake the boy bounded forward, fish flailing between his jaws, as he approached Anastasia and the Arctic male that stood beside her. Here we go.
[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Ghost who has 40 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Reaper Grimm
Hey guys just keep in mind the travel time is about 5 days each way, so Anastasia has been gone for about 9 or 10 days and her ad Reaper have been together for about 5.

They had been travelling for just under five days, him and the beautiful Anastasia, leaving the vale where everything seemed hushed and shrouded in mist. She had chosen the quickest route which had led them through the red fern forest to the base of the mountain from there they had found the trail that had the least incline as it wove between two peaks, it had been the centre of a gorge. The nights were beginning to warm up and they found nestled in between the sheer faces of the cliffs to be very protected from any wind, though they had taken turns as look out to avoid being ambushed. It had taken them about a day to travel through the forest of red ferns, but the hunting there had been plentiful with hares seeming to appear constantly from nooks and crannies. What had been harsh had been the leg through the mountainous trail, next to no wildlife could be found and their stomachs had begun to rumble incessantly, unsatisfied by the few mice they had managed to stalk. The worst was the thirst, the water that travelled through the gorge was a fierce rapid, angrily lashing above the banks and threatening to swallow any who came too close, they had only braved a few scarce pools where the water seemed calmer. Finally they had reached the other side and found themselves inside of the ghastly woods, where trees clawed at them and the foliage seemed to try to keep them hostage. They chose to rest very little here as neither of them could shake the constant feeling of being watched, though there seemed to be no one around.

They had arrived finally at Heartleaf Creek, a breath of fresh air after the long hard journey it took to get them across from one side of Relic to the other. Reaper hated to admit it, but he found himself exhausted and very hungry, being a loner was beginning to take its toll on the rogue. Anastasia announced that they were here and the frosty king glanced around, his tail twitching slightly impatiently, the other male had not yet arrived and his patience had run thin after the journey. Then he was there, and more importantly he had food in his jaws, he suppressed a pang of hunger that ran through his side as he evaluated the stranger carefully. He seemed to be as pure as him and the female, and so it was decided that he would indeed be allowed within the top tier of the future pack. The decision being made Reaper dipped his muzzle respectfully to the other wolf, <b style="color:#FF2501;">"You must be Anastasia's travelling companion, I am called Reaper and I am pleased to finally meet you." They had only been travelling for five damn days to see this wolf and here he stood almost tauntingly with that fish in his jaws, the rogue could feel his mouth begin to salivate as he stared.

Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;"> <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#3F7240;">
The clouds high in the sky and the wind picking up light speeds, she could feel that this was going to be a good thing. However, her optimism did usually shoot for the impossible and the unwilling but she would do what was necessary to keep those around her happy. But what if Lachesis refused but Anastasia knew that he would be happy if he said yes? By luck alone Lachesis wasn’t too far off when she called for him and he didn’t dilly-dally either. He was quick to respond and what made it all the better was that he had brought food. That was good; the two had been travelling together and would likely need to regain their energy.
Anastasia’s new friend had no problem instantly welcoming XIX into the conversation, finally meeting each other gave Ana a much happier feeling. Now she felt that there were no secrets and that they could finally all join together to make something. They could be happy now, fitting in somewhere that they were meant to instead of wandering by themselves praying to find somewhere to be. This could be it—she hoped. The lithe female would have been crazy to not know that the two of them were incredibly hungry, as both of their stomachs growled endlessly.
Carefully and kindly she moved towards Nineteen and touched his muzzle with hers, greeting him as they had been separated for much too long. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;">“Thank you for bringing me food. May I share it with Reaper? We crossed through the mountain range where prey is very scarce.” Anastasia would not take from Lachesis without asking, for that would be unwise and unkind—the two were starved but stealing someone’s kill was not her style.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
<b style="font-family:georgia; color:#353535; font-size:12px;">
you're a doll, you are flawless
but i just can't wait for love to destroy us
The Arctic stranger looked exactly how Lachesis had imagined him – built large with a coat of flawless white, his fiery eyes causing the youth to feel uncomfortable under his gaze. His jaws clenched around the flailing fish, and although he knew he should demonstrate some sort of submissive behaviour, the boy refused to. He barely acknowledged Reaper’s introduction, his legs rigid as his pear gaze rolled over onto his blue-eyed friend. The yearling had been excited for his friend’s return after her lengthy adventure to seek out nearby packs, and he had hoped to share this fish with Ana (and only Ana) but now he was going to have to watch his friend and this loner eat his prize. He dropped the fish once his companion started speaking and reluctantly nudged it toward the two snowy wolves before him. How was he supposed to say no? That would only cause this Reaper to think less of the wreck that Lachesis was, and for Anastasia’s sake the boy wanted the fiery-eyed male to like him. Or at least be tolerant of him.
<b style="font-family:georgia; color:#353535; font-size:12px;"> “Nineteen,” he introduced gruffly to the loner standing next to his friend as he waited for them to dive into his catch, brows narrowly as he silently assessed Reaper. That unsettling feeling became prominent in his stomach, leaving the boy with a grim taste in his mouth. XIX knew how excited Ana was about this idea that Reaper had, and he had to listen with open ears and not let his assumptions get the best of him. This loner could be a lot better than what Lachesis perceived; he just had to give him the chance.
After studying the stranger for a moment, his gaze flickered back to his friend, pear-coloured eyes softening immediately once they met her cerulean pools. <b style="font-family:georgia; color:#353535; font-size:12px;">“How was your t-travels?” XIX mentally cursed at himself for stuttering on the final word – he had been doing so good! Now this Reaper was going to think he was weak and would want nothing to do with him – and that meant he and Ana were going to be separated because he knew that this was what she wanted, more than anything. She wanted to belong, even more so than Lachesis did.
Inactive No Rank
Reaper Grimm

Reaper watched the exchange curiously, and nodded in approval as the youngster dropped the fish and pushed it towards them. He may be young but he has good instincts, if he learns well from Anastasia's mentoring he will have no problem fitting into the organization. He could feel the suspicion radiating from the boy and the male knew he would have to gain his trust if his plan was to work. Turning on the charm he answered the yearling, <b style="color:#FF2501;">"I very much appreciate the offer Nineteen, but it is your catch, you and Anastasia share, though perhaps after our meeting we can have a formal hunt." His head cocked at the stutter and his eyes continued to study the youngster, though his expression displayed an open friendliness. A stutter can be fixed, it is usually a sign of anxiety, and there will be no need for him to be anxious once he becomes a recruit., the thoughts were analytical, though they made a positive judgement.

He sat his rump upon the ground as he waited for them to eat, he wanted their full attention when he was to explain the organization and what the plan was for this branch. The two of them had an odd relationship as far as he could tell, they didn't seem to be related and yet she treated him like one might treat a younger sibling. He ignored the gnawing feeling in his stomach, promising his body that as soon as this meeting was over that he would lead these two to a feast. In his mind he ran over the points to cover to make them understand what the organization was about and what it would expect from these new recruits.

Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;"> <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#3F7240;">
Anastasia would never see anything wrong with her friend and travelling partner; he was perfect in his own way and certainly his own self. That was all anyone could be—themselves. Firmly believing that she had a lot to be towards everyone, loving and caring for one another was her greatest gift albeit could be a flaw, too. She wanted to see the greatness in everyone without judging them by what they once did but what they plan to do with their future. The things Reaper had discussed with her seemed grand and why wouldn’t you be intrigued by the ideas that one proposed? What wasn’t to like about having a pack to watch over you and see you as one of them?
Though she knew it might be hard for Lachesis to give up the kill that he had probably thought of sharing with Ana, it would be the polite thing to do. Sharing was what you did in a pack, no matter what the case. They were three loners and held no rank above another or below, but the two had traveled quite a ways… but Reaper was still playing the Gentleman part that Anastasia couldn’t see no wrong in. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#3F7240;">“That sounds lovely,” Anastasia gestured with a smile as she looked to Lachesis with hope burning in her eyes. It wasn’t going to be hard at all for them, they were now a trio—planning to take care of each other and learn.
Knowing Lachesis well enough she decided to play the ‘ladies first’ role and lowered her head to take a small bite of the fish, glad for a sense of nourishment to be placed within her stomach. It felt like a large relief to her, as she relished in the moment that lasted forever. This fish tasted like the best fish she had ever had, if only because she was so hungry. As soon as she had finished what part of the fill that she could handle, she turned her head to Reaper and politely asked: <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#3F7240;">“now what?”

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
<b style="font-family:georgia; color:#353535; font-size:12px;">
Lachesis could not deny that the stranger appeared nice — his words flowed smoothly together, although there was something hidden beneath them that XIX did not trust. It was that charming demeanor that engulfed the Arctic loner that had Anastasia wrapped around his paw. As much as Lachesis wanted to believe it, something in the back of his mind screamed at him to be wary of this stranger. The yearling had not expected Reaper turn down the meal before him, and was taken aback by his suggestion. Immediately, the boy lost his appetite and took a seat in front of the two wolves as he waited for either one of them to speak.
His companion looked so comfortable next to the strange Arctic, something that worried the pear-eyed boy. He watched as Ana dove into the fish before turning his gaze back to the fiery-eyed Arctic, waiting for eloquent words to drip of his tongue. As anxious as he was about meeting Reaper, XIX was also curious as to what he had to say — he had something to gain Anastasia's trust, and the spider-legged boy wanted to know what it was. Whatever it was, Lachesis hoped that (for Ana's sake) it would grab his attention. All he wanted was for the blue-eyed girl to be happy, and if this was going to do just that, than he would go along with it. He wanted to stay by her side, always, and protect her the best he could. The only bonus of having Reaper turn their duo into a trio was that they had numbers — this would increase their chance of survival alone until they either formed a pack, or joined one.
So he waited, quiet and observant, with his eyes glued to the larger male. Whatever he said next would change the pairs future — for better or worse, Lachesis would soon be the judge of that.
Inactive No Rank
Reaper Grimm

The young male remained silent, though Reaper could tell from his lack of eating that he was uncomfortable. He was distrustful, which he shouldn't have been, but it could be a good quality in a pack, he would make a good selector of recruits if he is so weary of strangers. The ponderings were cut short however by Anastasia's words and the Arctic man turned to her with a smile, <b style="color:#FF2501;">"Well before I tell you of our future, I see it fitting that I first tell you of my past." He relaxed further, settling down so his for paws were straight before him, but the rest of his body rested upon the ground. The actions were a subtle display of allowing the younger man to take control, he obviously had advantage over Reaper while he laid upon the ground, it was a calculated move to see how Nineteen would react. He cleared his throat and began his tale, and for a moment got lost with them within the memory.

<b style="color:#FF2501;">I do not remember this well, I was barely old enough to leave the den, so a lot of things that happened I didn't truly understand until I was older, all I knew what that I was scared. When I was just beginning to leave the den with my siblings I lived with a small birth pack made of my mother and father, one of his brothers and one of my mother's friends from childhood, and of course us children. My parents were both pure Arctic, along with the other two as well, and all was good. One day a rogue came upon us, a large male, and he challenged my father for the pack and lost, but he grew bitter of his defeat and came back upon the pack and murdered my father in his sleep. He then claimed the pack as his own, but he ordered my mother to kill us children, he declared that the only offspring that would survive her womb would be his own and gave her until the end of the month to do the deed, or he would kill her and everyone she loved. The organization was just a fledgling then, a small group of no more than ten, but they heard of the happenings, and came in the night to rescue us pups and they hoped my mother and the other two as well. I was the first to be smuggled from the den, but the male awoke and by the time they went back for my siblings they found all of the children dead, my father's brother dead, but both women and the man missing.

He took a breath before continuing, the sad portion of his tale now finished, <b style="color:#FF2501;">"One of the women within the organization went by the name of Sass, and she had a female pup the same age of me named Lucia and she took me in as her own, she became my mother and Lucia my sister. They saved me from a horrible fate and spent much time looking for my mother, but never found her or any sign of the male. They taught me their ways and they swelled rapidly in size, spreading the word to everyone, I have known no different my whole life. Now the organization is massive in size in Alaska but we wished to further spread our message, and so I have been sent to create a branch of the organization here, and this is where you two come in." Excitement grew within him now, passion clear upon his expression as he turned to them, hoping that now they would see just how great the organization could be here with their help.

His tail began to thump like a beat of a drum, he could no longer contain the happiness that always flooded through him as he talked of the message. He looked first upon Anastasia with a look of pure admiration, before looking upon the younger male with an identical look. He opened his jaws once more, <b style="color:#FF2501;">"I plan on making a branch here, a large pack, and if we do well I hope to make a second as well, but I am getting ahead of myself." He cleared his throat quietly, <b style="color:#FF2501;">"It would be foolish to create a pack now, I know too little of these lands and the packs within them, we must first gain numbers and allies before we begin. I wish the two of you to be founders, but I believe it best if after this meeting we separate, at least me from the two of you. We should join packs, form bonds and create allies, so when we begin our packs we will have allied packs until we become fully established." He stopped talking now, though surely they would have questions to ask, and he certainly had answers.

Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

Anastasia stayed relatively quiet next to Lachesis and Reaper, finding that the silence was not the least bit uncomfortable but perhaps welcoming. At least here she was able to feel at ease standing next to two able men that were looking out for her. Lachesis knew more about her past and who she was than Reaper did, but with time she figured that he would too. Anastasia sometimes kept most of her personal habits to herself to avoid letting others into her life further than desired. With time, Reaper would know many things about her—especially if he continued to mull over her becoming a leader of his pack. That would certainly change things, just as it had left Anastasia feeling desired.

For their time spent together, Reaper explained his past. It was increasingly long but it spoke of many tribulations that Anastasia could not help but gasp at. His past, too, had been rough like his—filled with unwanted events. His involved death and hers involved involuntary choices. By the time he got to the plan of having Lachesis and Ana join another pack for the time being, she looked to Lachesis as she remembered something rather important. “We can join the pack that Capella is a part of,” she looked to XIX with pride knowing that that would be a good place to start where she knew they would be welcome and comfortable.

Meanwhile, they could begin their journey of meeting new wolves and gathering friends for the future. After all, she was somewhat determined to become leader material for Reaper. It was a goal she felt would push her to new limits, to make her a better wolf.

(This post was last modified: Jun 12, 2013, 09:14 PM by Anastasia.)