591 Users Online
Google, Bing, Enera

wires got the best of him
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
words 559
ALL WELCOME — edited/rewritten, now dated for September 4th.
While some wolves preferred to avoid the mosses due to the muted atmosphere, XIX was drawn to the abnormal foliage. It was a peculiar place, one that the yearling often wandered alone due to its lack of visitors. He knew that he should be sticking close to the pack den as nobody – not even him, the healer – could tell how long the Alpha had left. The zombie’s mind was beginning to betray him as he was being tormented by the cruel thoughts that filled it. He was unsure of how many days had passed since he had arrived at Pitch Pine Trail with the Alpha pair at his side as the young Arctic had not been able to fall into the gentle hands of the sandman since they returned. He was committed to wandering aimlessly around the pack territory – occasionally venturing the brook, and now the mosses – in an attempt to soothe the nightmares that plagued him.
Prior to stumbling into the spongy territory, the healer at stopped briefly at the den to ensure that Shade was comfortable. He was unsure of how many days the leader had left, but he knew the end was drawing closer. It was not fair to have someone who had been so full of life and love to be stolen away so early… Shade still had to watch his children grow and explore the love he had discovered with Spectre. Although he had not known the chocolate leader long, Nineteen had felt as though a bond was beginning to grow between them and had seen Shade as a father figure. Not only did he feel close to the Alpha, but the yearling also loved his children as if they were his own. It broke XIX’s heart to think that Karpos and Adisla would grow up without a father… it simply was not fair. Why did it have to be Shade? Why couldn’t it have been a nomad without a family? What had Shade done to be taken so abruptly?
Rage consumed him, boiling deep within his stomach as he pushed forward, a permanent frown etched across his dark lips. The emotion was unfamiliar yet comforting at the same time – anger was the only thing that made sense lately. He was angry at himself for being incapable of saving the wounded leader, angry at Elettra for attacking (and murdering) Shade, angry at the other wolves present for not breaking up the fight… angry at everything. While wrath lapped passionately at his insides, Lachesis was also terrified that he would be incapable of feeling anything but the fury that burned within his blood. It had been many days – perhaps weeks – since he had been in the company of his blue-eyed dove, but XIX did not want her to see him like this. So broken; defeated. He was ashamed, which was partly why he was avoiding the pack den. As a healer he was supposed to, to put it bluntly, heal – he had been incapable of doing his job after stumbling upon Shade. What good was he as a healer and a pack wolf if he couldn’t do his job? Pressing his tongue to the roof of his mouth the boy felt a familiar warmth forming behind his eyes, but he refused to let the salty tears fall.
(This post was last modified: Sep 05, 2013, 03:36 AM by Lachesis.)
[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Nova who has 443 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">
While Lachesis was off feeling as though he was the one to blame, Anastasia Starklen had begun to feel the same. As though her selfishness and bitter feelings had backfired and in its corruption, Shade had been attacked. It was as though her feelings had gone much farther and inadvertently, he had been attacked for the wrong-doing. Anastasia was back as leader alongside Ace, but it too would likely be another temporary ride. There was no doubt that she could not stay within Pitch Pine Trail forever, especially now that they were experiencing such dark times. Anastasia could not stay in a place where she felt second-best. She knew that Ace was doing all he could as alpha beside Ana while the woman he loved was still a third subordinate. Ana just could not stand the idea of having Silver be Alpha Female—at least, not while she was still present. It was nothing personal besides that Ana knew that the woman was not ready for such a commitment.
While pressing eastwards towards the mosses she began to realize why she was going this way and not north. It had taken her a while of thinking and paws to ghost-walk but dropping her nose to the ground she realized she was following the one scent she knew brought her comfort. Xix was somewhere nearby and if anyone could take away her bad thoughts he could. He always did and she knew he always would, but where would they go from here? Surely he did not feel as though this place held comfort anymore? Capella was rarely seen so that just left them two—almost every wolf they had known at the start had all vanished. She could only hope that he would want to see her after all that was happening. Ana knew that space might be necessary but if she could try to grab his attention, maybe he would come. Lifting up her head she howled for him to find her, to come see and they could talk and find comfort together.

i'd love more threads, so message me if you'd like one!
looking for friends, potential love interests and role-inspired threads!
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
words 487
Nineteen could not help but wonder what was going to happen he pack after Shade’s passing – and to his children. The spider-legged yearling wanted to remain with Karpos, as he had begun to develop a special bond with the inky pup, but he could not see himself staying in Pitch Pine Trail for much longer. Ultimately, his decision would be based on what Anastasia wanted to do – he knew that she was going to be filling the Alpha position once more, but for how long? His dandelion-eyed friend had disappeared without a word – a violation of their promise to each other that they would tell the other if they were leaving. And now Shade, a male he saw as a father figure and had started to establish a relationship with, was being taken away from him. The only thing tying him to the Trail was his blue-eyed dove; if she wanted to leave, so would he. XIX would follow her wherever she went.
Would Lachesis still be welcome in the pack when they realized that he hadn’t been able to save the espresso-coloured Alpha? He should have done more… surely there was something that he could have done to save Shade… there had to be something – some plant or remedy – that would have saved him, but the healer was inexperienced. It was his fault that the leader could pass any day now – of course it was also Elettra’s, for attacking Shade and causing these injuries, but Lachesis should have been able to save him. That was his job.
The exhausted zombie pushed forward with his shoulders hunched, ears fallen back against his skull as he moved slowly through the moss-covered area. A call sounded through the area, temporarily breaking him away from his thoughts as recognition settled in. Without thinking, the boy changed his course, long legs carrying him quickly to where his companion was located. While he would have preferred to be on his own Lachesis would never turn down an opportunity to spend time with his china doll; perhaps she would be able to quiet the angry thoughts that tormented his mind. He knew his appearance was a mess but the youth did not care – he only wanted to bury his muzzle in the warm, silky fur of Anastasia and forget about all the troubles that haunted him.
And when the blue-eyed dove came into view, that’s exactly what the frail yearling did. No words fell from his lips as he pressed his maw into the fur on her neck, his pear eyes pinching shut as he inhaled her familiar scent. Immediately he found his anxiety decreasing, but his head was still swimming with unwanted images. While he was curious to how Anastasia felt about the recent events he could not find his voice, nor did he want to break the silence that he had grown acquainted with.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
The brush of the wind began to give Anastasia shivers, feeling as though as a ghost had begun to breath upon her neck. Her tail lowered, finding that the place had suddenly grow colder without reason. Her muzzle arched upwards as she gazed at the partly cloudy sky above her, beginning to wonder if this wasn’t a permanent solution. Perhaps Anastasia was only meant to be here to take care of the children then it was time to move on. It seemed like a very obvious case and point, as there was always something waiting for you ahead. The grass was always greener on the other side, right? Perhaps she needed to go find what was on the other side of the mountains and stay clear of wherever it was that Shade had gotten attacked.
In little to no time the gangly ghost of a boy came to her, drawing near and closing the distance between them. As usual the two of them shared no words as they exchanged their familiar greeting. To the two of them words were never enough to share one’s feelings but a touch so small that you knew everything in their mind almost instantly. In the moments where one could not find their voice, the other was not far behind to pick up the reigns. “I do not know what to do,” she whispered at a barely inaudible tone finding that even her own voice sounded hoarse, “Ace and I have been promoted to alphas yet I find myself in the same position I was just weeks ago. The man beside me has found love, with Silver… he wishes for her to eventually be Alpha but I feel she is not prepared for this yet I cannot fathom staying.”
The weight of the pack seemed heavier than it had been before, burying the scent of death within its core foundation. Shade was the beginning and to Anastasia, it meant the end. Lachesis was the only one she had here now… was he happy? The flighty dove did not know how her friend felt but she could only wish that the two of them could somehow find peace that did not separate one from the other.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
words 426
Broken and mentally wounded, the youth allowed his body to curl into the female has he lowered his hindquarters, muzzle still buried within her silky fur. He was only ever home when he was with Anastasia – the trees that devoured the Fen were no longer a place of solace for the youth. As much as he wanted to return to the Trail den site, the zombie was struggling to put as much distance between himself and the pack as possible. XIX wanted to be there to comfort the wounded Alpha and give him herbs that would soothe his pain, but he knew there was little he could do for the coffee-coloured Alpha. Soon the life would drain from him and his children would be left without a father – what was to happen then? Everything was changing so quickly, and the long-limbed boy wasn’t sure if he could keep up. Since returning from the other side of the Heights the boy felt as though he was drowning. He was frightened of what was to happen to the pack, but he also found himself growing indifferent to pack affairs. Pitch Pine Trail was no longer his home… those he cared deeply about were being stolen from him, aside from Ana of course. There was little left for him here.
Nodding silently in agreement to her voice, the yearling finally pulled away his maw from her pelt, pear gaze meeting her cerulean pools for a moment. The frown that had made itself home on his licorice lips over the past few days did not waver as he studied her for a moment, brows furrowed as his thoughts deliberated loudly within his skull. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;">“I-I…” he started lamely as he struggled to find a hold on his inactive voice, his tongue suddenly dry. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;">“I c-can’t stay here anymore, Ana,” he finished lamely as he shuffled closer to her, seeking the comfort that her warm body provided. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;">“I-I need to be with you. This p-place is no longer my home; you are my h-home.” His eyes were focused on the ground as the words stuttered off his tongue, ears pressed against the back of his skull. Although Lachesis was happy that his companion had gained her leadership position back, this pack was no longer the right fit for the pair. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;">“I will follow you no matter where you go,” he concluded as he applied a quick kiss to the bottom of her chin. They were two peas in a pod – XIX could not imagine being without his china doll.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
I went ahead and faded this since it's quite back-dated and there's a bunch of new stuff going on! <3

Anastasia completely understood with XIX—they couldn’t stay here. She wanted to, she did… but she simply could not do it. With the death of Shade, the man that had been the one to invite her in as well as the disappearance of Capella Ana knew she could not bare to live within the Trail. Everyone she had come to know had vanished or on the verge, very little was left of her here and she simply wished to dig herself out of it. Rosealia had apparently come back which upset Anastasia just enough to leave her heart feeling broken all the more. Somehow she had ingrained it into her mind that with his real mother back, she was just a woman who had taken care of him and perhaps that was just what she truly was. Stepping in for those that departed it would seem. Always a temp, never a perm.
“We will find somewhere,” and this she was sure of. With her wandering habits and her need to meet new wolves every so often she was bound to come across someone or something of interest. If she needed to come up with her own pack and lead it, she would do so—but that was only a last resort. “We should head back,” she murmured pathetically as if she didn’t want to go back but for now it was the only home they had and the only place that they could feel secure in each other’s warm slumber.