620 Users Online
Google, Bing

the sun hasn't died
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Nova who has 443 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
@Lachesis <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">
After finding that she simply felt too conflicted to even function she left the den quite early that morning and hadn't come back since, though it was only late afternoon. She had been around the Trail for most of that time but towards the afternoon she had pushed herself into the Mosses. Last night she had told Lachesis to meet her here once the sun began to lower itself to the horizon, for she needed to talk out her problems with someone who would have an open ear. He could maybe understand her and tell her what to do, as this had never been an issue before but now that she was an Alpha... she had more responsibilities but how could she do them when she knew so little?
Sighing, she tried her best to contain the sadness that threatened to spill onto her face. The last thing she needed was a stranger or a pack mate to see her upset and ask questions. This was her problem and she needed to face it alone and with very little wolves involved as possible to avoid humiliation. If anything, the only two wolves in the pack she trusted completely was Shade and Lachesis but that didn't mean that she turned a blind eye to the others. Her two closest partners simply knew her better, the latter more than the former which should be fixed but it would come in time. After all, her story wasn't one she wished everyone to know... she didn't need pity she just wanted to move on like it was just a bump in her past.

i'd love more threads, so message me if you'd like one!
looking for friends, potential love interests and role-inspired threads!
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
<b style="font-family:Georgia; font-size:12px;">
Lachesis had been busying himself with the start of his infirmary – it was important to the alabaster male to get it stocked up as quickly as possible because he wanted to be prepared if something was to happen to one of his packmates. The idea of assuming an important role within the pack excited the pale yearling, as he desperately wanted to prove his worth to the coffee-coloured Alpha. There were more wolves joining the pack, the majority of them being male and assuming ranks above the pear-eyed youth. It was frustrating, but Lachesis would not abandon his pack like he had after the first meeting – with Anastasia’s help he had realized that it was only because of his age that he was the lowest ranked wolf, not because he was seen as ‘useless’. However, XIX still felt that way often which was why he was so determined to possess the role of medic within the pack.
With a bowed head, the slender male headed to where Anastasia had asked him to meet her. He had left the Fen as soon as he noticed the sun dipping from its position and by the time he had stepped into the moss-covered territory, the sun was perched just on the edge of the horizon, its light still illuminating Relic Lore before it would disappear for the night. Within moments of following the blue-eyed dove’s scent the yearling stumbled upon her, a bright smile working its way onto his licorice lips. He approached her hesitantly, curious as to why she had wanted to meet him outside of the Fen, and pressed a quick lick to her cheek before nuzzling her silky fur.
[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">
The idea of what her life might have been like without now being a part of the Trail baffled her. She could have still been a loner, traveling around with XIX or likely a part of another pack. Reaper's more than likely, whenever that came up and leading happily beside him she figured but she would be without her best friend. It likely wouldn't be worth it to be without him but the more she thought and stressed about Spectre's reaction to Beelzebub, the more she worried about her spot as Alpha. What if Spectre's impression of Bee had been horrible and Shade believed the same? Ana felt broken, feeling as though any day now Spectre would take Ana's place as Alpha... she was likely more suited to the role than the china doll.
After hours of frustration she finally saw Lachesis move towards her and she immediately closed the distance between them. A quick kiss was given to him and to her in return, her blue eyes gazing lovingly into his pears. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">I know it is weird that I specifically asked you out here, she murmured uneasily and without hesitation but she needed to talk about it this somehow. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">I think that I accepted someone a week or so ago that Spectre met up with first... and she apparently was very skeptical of him. I mean, he did trespass into the territory looking for me but was I wrong? I expressed my displeasure at him trespassing and he wanted a place within the pack... so I gave it to him. Gosh, this just seemed horrible. She didn't know what to do nor what was wrong... but it felt wrong.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
Watching his friend worry was like experiencing it himself – his bond with Anastasia was remarkable, and her emotions intertwined with his own. Sometimes it frightened the youth how close they were; he had not experienced such closeness with another before. XIX knew that he would do anything for the blue-eyed dove, even if it meant jeopardizing his own safety. She would always be his first priority, above his pack and his birth family. Seeing her so worked up bothered the yearling deeply, and he was desperate to fix whatever was causing her to act like this. As she spoke, the boy lowered his hindquarters, pear eyes not wavering from her silky form as he motioned for her to sit down next to him.
Her voice troubled him and caused a frown to crease his dark lips, ears falling back against his skull. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;">“I trust your j-judgement, Ana. I know you see the b-best in everyone, and although Spectre m-may be wary of him you are the Alpha, not her. She should respect your d-decision, even if it may not be what she believes is right. I know you would not offer a p-position to a wolf who you did not think belonged in our pack.” Lachesis barely had time to rejoice in the few stutters that accented his words as he took a breath, a faint smile working its way back onto his maw. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;">“You did not do anything wrong. And if it turns out to be a m-mistake, that’s fine. You are allowed to make mistakes.” The words that fell off his tongue startled the yearling – he barely recognized his voice, as it sounded like it belonged to a wolf much older than he was.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
If it were possible Anastasia would have acquired hyperhidrosis just by being there with Lachesis and sorting out her worries. It was truly frightening how real she felt everything was at the moment. It was as if her love for everyone had landed her in a sticky situation that she wasn’t able to cope with. What was she to do? XIX was the only wolf who was even capable of breaking through her shell and seeing what was inside so she knew that he would know to comfort her in the best way he could. They understood each other, especially when Anastasia was at her worst. It was a rare thing when she was doubtful or worried, but this time she couldn’t just shake it off. This was quite serious to her—she felt that she had done something horrible.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">“I just wish I knew what it was that had caused Spectre to feel so wary towards him,” she completed idly as she looked down at her paws. This was just a lot to think about. Bee had done nothing wrong while in her presence and properly respected her. He had not done anything wrong to make her think that he was an unacceptable addition to the pack but then when she thought about her second-in-command’s reaction to him, she wondered what could have been wrong. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">“What if he said or did something horrible and she goes to Shade and tells him? Then he might not want me to be his co-Alpha anymore… or WORSE! What if I can’t be around Karpos or Adsila anymore?” Oh, she felt sick!

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
If had not been for the aid of Anastasia the yearling would have been nothing more than a waif. XIX knew that he would not have survived a week on his own without the blue-eyed dove at his side – he had been hesitant at first, as he had believed all feral wolves were dangerous, but the bond between them was impossible to ignore. Although tentative in the beginning, it had flourished into something that Lachesis treasured and held close to his heart. During the time they had spent together it was seldom that the ghost saw his companion upset, as it usually only occurred when she mentioned her past – it was usually her comforting him after he’d done something wrong. It frightened XIX to see his friend so distraught – he desperately wanted to fix whatever was causing her to become so flustered.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;">“I’m sure that if she h-had, Shade would have already approached you about it. If you d-don’t think there is anything to w-worry about, than neither should he – or Spectre.” Words were spilling out of his mouth as he pressed his body against hers, hoping that his warmth would comfort her. He was worried that what he was saying was wrong and would only make the situation worse. But he had to remain positive – for Anastasia. He could not allow her to see that he was doubting himself, it would only make everything he was saying fall apart and stress out the silky Alpha even more. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;">“You saw s-something that made him useful to the p-pack, nobody should be questioning your decision.”
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
Life was hard sometimes, she knew, but she had yet to experience anything pressing since leaving her birth pack. Now that she felt as though her place was stressed (without even realizing about the upcoming events) she couldn’t think about anything else. Ana could not remember a time that she had sighed so many times within just a couple hours but today held the record for sure. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">“What if Shade just doesn’t know what to say to me?” Just as she had no idea what to say to anyone about the situation. She didn’t want to just walk up to someone and be like ‘how’s my leading?’ That simply wouldn’t be right or fair.
Lachesis was doing well with helping her but unfortunately she didn’t even have time to be a teacher at all, nor could she be happy that his stuttering had improved. Clouded thoughts did not soothe her mind that was for sure. XIX had a good thing to say but was it true? Had she seen something in Bee that made him useful to the pack? <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">“I just wish something good would roll into my court,” she added softly as she leaned into his soft fur allowing herself to feel more at ease and hopeful about the future. Her friend was doing a swell job of comforting her and showing her that he was there for her and that her decision had been correctly made. Even if she did see it the other way around… kind of hard to have courage in yourself when you can feel something off.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
Worry gnawed viciously at his stomach as he glanced over at his friend a concerned expression, tongue dry as he desperately searched for something to say. Typically the roles were reversed between the two wolves – he enjoyed comforting others and turning their moods around, but with Anastasia it was different. During the time they had spent together he had become dependent on the female, seeking her aide when he was confused and didn’t know what to do. He wanted to help her – as he always did – but he didn’t know what to do, or what to say. Everything that fell from his lips sounded wrong and the boy felt as though he was only making the situation worse. He knew, however, that this wasn’t true as he could already tell that she was slightly more relaxed than she had been at the start of their meeting.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;">“He will know what t-to say,” he confirmed with a quick lick to his companion’s cheek, pear eyes soft as he met her cerulean gaze. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;">“If he has s-something to say he will c-come to you.” The ghost respected the coffee-coloured Alpha and had taken an instant liking to him upon their first meeting. Although Lachesis had been a stranger to him, Shade had offered to let him stay in the Woods while the yearling waited for Capella to return – such kindness had taken XIX by surprise, as he believed most feral wolves to be cold-hearted. He knew that if the leader needed to discuss something with Anastasia he would approach her; there was no reason for him to beat around the bush.
Her last comment caused a soft frown to form on his dark lips, although his body remained pressed to her side. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;">“You have me, we’re together, you are healthy and are an amazing leader of this family – and I love you. You have plenty of things in your court,” he responded in a light tone before applying another kiss to her cheek, the frown instantly flipping around into a smile. Things would turn around for the pale dove – they had to. Lachesis would not allow for his closest companion to be upset and feel like this; she did not deserve that.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
Nothing was stranger than for once being on the opposite side of things—Lachesis being the caregiver for once. Showing Anastasia that there was nothing wrong with her and the way she went about things. Ana showed more kindness to those who were lost and never bothered pressing judgment on stranger. Sometimes it was necessary when leading a pack, obviously, but she had never been taught how to lead—it had been given to her without question or even preparation. To be here with XIX at her side she felt better almost immediately. He was warm, friendly, cozy and always had an open mind when seeing her.
One lick made her worries go away and for a new sort of feeling to take place—security. He might have believed that every word he spoke was completely wrong but to her, it seemed right. Nineteen knew the appropriate steps to take to make her more comfortable. Ana did hope that her best friend was right, though. If Shade had something to say or ask then he would come to her for answers. It seemed a logical choice for an Alpha such as himself so she could only assume that if he thought things were bad he would come to her. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">“You’re right,” she finally admitted as she nodded her head while wrapping her head around better thoughts.
The words that XIX further spoke caused something within her to stir, her heart to begin a consistent thrum and for her tail to wag happily against the ground. They had each other, they were healthy… but, that wasn’t what made her feel so elated. It was his pronunciation of I love you that caused her heart to flutter. Perhaps he had said it before to her some months earlier but she couldn’t recall—but she certainly heard it now. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">“I love you too,” she whispered and planted a soft kiss on his cheek and to his ear. Anastasia felt comforted now, knowing that at least they had each other.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
While the ghostly yearling had no knowledge of what it took to lead a pack, he believed that his blue-eyed dove was doing an exceptional job. The qualities she had gained over the years made her unique among most wolves, and gave her an edge that Shade did not possess. From what he understood, the other wolves in Pitch Pine had accepted Anastasia as their leader and were rather fond of her – not once had the yearling heard a pack mate utter negative words about the fair Alpha. As far as Nineteen was concerned, she was perfect – and something so perfect should never be upset. His frail china doll was cracking, and it broke the ghost’s heart to see her so distraught.
The two wolves that his companion had mentioned were strangers to the pear-eyed boy – he had been so fixated on obtaining the role of healer within the pack that he had not been socializing with his pack mates. He knew that they would not have lasted much longer as lone wolves, but XIX missed the freedom that came along with it. However, he did very much like being a part of something – having a family. A pack had been of little concern to the lanky yearling, as Anastasia was all the family he needed, but it was nice to belong. Especially with pursuing the important role of healer, Lachesis knew that he would always be needed in the pack.
It was the words that fell from her cherry tongue that brought the pale boy back to reality, a faint smile working its way onto his dark lips. ‘I love you too.’ His mind was temporarily wiped blank, heart pounding frantically within his chest as he pressed his body against hers. Being with Anastasia – and only her – was all that the ghost needed. As long as he was with his precious china doll XIX would be content. He truly did love her, and would do anything necessary to keep her happy and stay by her side. She was all he had. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;">“I’ll b-be by your side always, no matter what happens.”