Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Namara who has 77 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aeolus Argyris
@Anastasia or @Ace
So they dug your graveAnd the masquerade
Aeolus Argyris
Will come calling outAt the mess you've made

His eyes gazed around the swampy fen that he had reluctantly stumbled across in his search for his brother. Perhaps someone else around these parts, if there was a wolf, knew of his location. Aeolus had been so hung up on the thoughts of finding his brother, he had neglected to notice that there was the strong pack scent that marked the borders to the territory. The curious man backed up from the borders he had almost stepped on and he realized he could use this to his advantage. Perhaps he could use this pack as a place to station his base... If he were to join this pack, and he found his brother had a lack of reason for leaving, he could rise through the ranks of the pack... maybe even become leader someday. Then his brother could hold nothing over his head.

He knew winter would be fast approaching, and certainly did not intend on being a lone wolf come the first winds of winter. He saw a harsher life ahead of him if he were to do that. He raised his muzzle to the sky and let out a call for one of the alphas. He did not know of the pack life or if they were going through challenges, all he knew was that he was fit to be a Guardian, or maybe even an adviser depending on what these wolves were looking for. He knew he would start at the bottom, but he didn't intend on staying there for long. When he cut off his howl, he made sure that his coat looked fine and everything of the sort. His fiery orange eyes gazed around the surroundings. He wondered, how could anyone live in such a swampy place? He wondered if the pack was new enough to not have children, or if they were old enough to have grown pups already. He would find out. There's nothing better than revenge.

[Image: 35zz.png]
Played by Melorama who has 205 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ace Caravello
@Anastasia? :)

Winter was fast approaching, and that meant most lone wolves would attempt to get into a pack before the cruel cold truly set in. That was why he had patrolled the borders more frequently, especially since there was a prince and princess in the pack. He would do anything to keep the lifeline of the Slayers and Pitch Pine Trail alive. They had no mother, and their father was either dying or already dead.

Since the meeting with the two alphas and seconds of the pack, –where he had officially become alpha- Ace hadn’t spent much time in the den site, fearing when the time came for Shade to die. It broke his heart knowing that his old alpha and friend would no longer be with them physically, although he knew that he would still watch down on them from above. And in his mind, the Pitch Pine Guardian (now leader) wouldn’t count himself as an official alpha until Shade died.

Padding at a slow pace, Ace marked the borderline every twenty feet or so, to make sure that any lone wolves that came across the border, there would be no way of them not noticing that a pack lived in the area. The Pitch Pine Leader pricked his ears as a howl asking for the alphas of the pack in the area broke the silence. Taking in a deep breath, Ace changed his gait to a canter and changed his course to go to the source of the questioning howl, supposedly from a stranger.

After about a minute, Ace came upon a large male, though he was slightly smaller than him, but in a fight, a fair opponent. The males’ pelt consisted of dark greys and cinnamon on his upper side, which faded to a creamy ivory on his underside. But the most striking feature on the male was his fiery orange eyes.

Lifting up his creamy head and standing stiff-legged, Ace curled his tail above his body and strode forward. His posture screamed dominance, as he had no idea who this male was, and where he came from. ”My name is Ace Caravello, I am the leader of Pitch Pine Trail. Who, are you?” The words sounded foreign to him, but it felt right to say them. Like he was meant to be an alpha of a pack. Staring directly into the stranger’s orange eyes, Ace awaited his answer.

401 Words

If I could have you in my heart, I
would protect you forever
Inactive No Rank
Aeolus Argyris
Aeolus Argyris

Ace Caravello, leader of Pitch Pine Trail. Those were the words that had made Aeolus realize he had to play along to the games he found everyone to play. He let his tail tuck beneath him, he was in the presence of an alpha after all. "Aeolus Argyris, loner whom is looking for a home and a fairly decent Guardian." He responded back, skills and a name and a reason. That was all that he saw he needed to give to the alpha. He had a plan, and he intended to put it in action. "I was wondering if I might be able to seek out a home in your pack, not just for the winter, but after." He said as an official term to his talk. His orange eyes took in everything around him.

"Does Pitch Pine Trail have young? I am also familiar with teaching young ones, I taught them in my old pack on the side from being a guardian and occasionally an adviser to my brother." He felt like he was giving too much information, but he couldn't stop talking it seemed. Perhaps he was worried that he was making a bad impression on the male? "I apologize for being so close to your borders and almost crossing, I was lost into my old mind for a few seconds." He wrapped up almost everything he had to say to the man. This Ace Caravello seemed alright, he held himself high and that was never a bad thing. When Ace had looking into his eyes, it was strange, he averted his gaze as it would be disrespectful to do that, if he wanted to get into the pack, he wouldn't want to disrespect the alpha. Then there was the matter of it being a sign of agression. He awaited for the alpha to respond.

Played by Nova who has 443 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
I was going to get this up yesterday but I'm swamped trying to help the hubs get me on his insurance! <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">
Anastasia lingered momentarily after the call was made and had no issue finding the sense of pride that she was Alpha again. Perhaps not for long, it was again more than likely a temporary thing since there were no males here that seemed to latch onto her like Shade had to Spectre or Ace onto Silver. Strange things, really. Ana wished to find love, a love that meant her well—but she felt accustomed to those disappointing her and thus didn’t take it personally. That aside, with her position being supposedly temporary… she wasn’t going to go down without a fight. When the day came that Spectre mentioned that the other woman wished to challenge her, then Ana would be prepared. Every day she trained herself, running constantly to keep her body exercised and ready. She would not step down so easy.
While being on the opposite of the pack lands she made haste towards the call but landed upon the encounter a little late. It seemed Ace had already gotten there and likely asked a couple important questions and the stranger was already answering them as Ana drew in close. The man was large in size, somewhat intimidating as she had come from a pack where large males were the primary physique. Though, she did all she could to hide her worries.
The moment that the male brought up children she felt alarmed, watchful over them as she would her own children. To be such a stranger and immediately ask for permission to teach them was barbaric. At least to her. When the time came to press her own introduction she did not hesitate to let the dark tawny soldier know who she was. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">“Anastasia Starklen, Alpha here alongside Ace.” They were in no way lovers, mates and barely friends—though Ana kind of wished they were but with all that happened recently she wasn’t sure she could handle letting anyone into her thoughts and feelings.

i'd love more threads, so message me if you'd like one!
looking for friends, potential love interests and role-inspired threads!
Inactive No Rank
Ace Caravello
It’s okay Kira, it happens to the best of us :)
@Aeolus
@Anastasia

As the new Pitch Pine Leader stated his name and rank, the stranger before him tucked his tail underneath his belly, before responding with his name, his reason for being close to Pitch Pine Trails’ borders, and a skill that he possessed. The corners of his lips twitched up in a slight smile, he had been the second and guardian of his pack before Shade had gone over the mountain and gotten into a fight with that woman….Elettra. His best friend and leader had been mortally wounded, and all the signs pointed to his death. So, as he was unfit to lead, Shade passed down his title and rank to him, and here he was, now an alpha of a pack. His lifelong dream had come true, but under very sad and painful circumstances.

Ace gazed thoughtfully at Aeolus when he spoke of seeking a home in his pack, and not just for the winter. The multi-coloured male was almost as large as he, and his silver eyes could clearly detect the muscles beneath the grey, cinnamon and ivory coat. If the male proved to be loyal to his pack, then Ace would dutifully give him the rank he desired. But until then, he would stay as a subordinate.

At the large males’ suggestion at teaching Pitch Pine Trail’s young, Ace gave a mental shake of his head. This lone stranger was daring to ask the leader to become the teacher of the pups, whom he had barely known for five minutes, and presumably did not trust completely. His ears pulled back slightly and his silver eyes narrowed the slightest amount as Aeolus continued to speak. He was giving out far too much information for a first encounter, almost as if he was afraid of making a bad impression. But it was good to know where the large male’s strengths and weaknesses lay.

He was almost surprised when Anastasia sidled up next to him, and his ears pricked up at the sight of her. Aeolus had after all, called for at least one of the alphas. Although, the only guess he could make as to why his leading partner was late was because she had been on the other side of the territory. But he couldn’t blame her, it was just bad timing. Smiling, he nudged her shoulder gently with his muzzle in an affectionate way, clearly stating that he was pleased that she was here with him. Even though his gesture may seem like it, he purely thought of Anastasia as a friend, nothing more or less. “Glad you could make it.”

Now that he had clearly told Aeolus who was in charge, the Pitch Pine Leader lowered his tail slightly, he didn’t need to be so dominant anymore. He looked back at the large male, he seemed like a good guy, one that would provide and look after the pack. Clearing his throat with a soft cough, Ace glanced momentarily at Anastasia before speaking. “Yes. Pitch Pine Trail has young among them, a prince and princess.”

Unsure if he was saying too much, Ace looked over at Anastasia. She had been leader much longer than him, and most likely had already learned much from her experiences. As much as he didn’t want it to be true, he would probably have to ask her a few questions as to how to be the best possible leader he could be. Flicking his tail, the Pitch Pine Leader looked back at Aeolus, almost curious at what he would say.

588 Words

Inactive No Rank
Aeolus Argyris
Aeolus Argyris

Aeo felt a bit uncomfortable with their reactions to him hoping to eventually teach the pups. He understood the protectiveness, and he realized that this was his first time actually joining a pack. He had been born into Asphodel Meadows, and he had been raised there, then was a lone wolf the rest of his days. He looked at his paws briefly, and Ace seemed to relax his stance. "I'm sorry if I'm asking too much as for information... this is actually my first time seeking out a pack, and I wasn't there for many wolves when they joined so I'm just going off what I know I can do... I'd really like to be a Guardian, and your pack seems to be a nice place." He said quickly, almost rushing his words. He began to wonder why he was being so unsure of himself, after all he had always been confident. Maybe he was just being a bit shy because this was something completely new to him?

His mind was all joggled and he felt as if he had done everything wrong in this. Anastasia had introduced herself as Anastasia Starklen. "It is very nice to meet you Anastasia." He said with a smile. He wasn't too familiar with their terms as 'just leading beside him' and such, and with the mention of a prince and a princess, Aeo was forced to assume that they belong to the two of them. After all who else would they belong too? Perhaps they belonged to one of the alpha's and not the other? Only time would give him the answers. His eyes glanced around the swamp like terrain. He wondered if they did allow him to join, if his feet would grow accustomed to the water, or maybe the main parts of the territory were much drier? The Argyris male had so many questions.

Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">
Anastasia would likely do whatever it took to tell Ace what the important duties as a leader were as well as the best ways to do them. She did not know everything but that was the thing about being a leader—work was never done and you were always learning. Accepting members was not new to her but then again but this time she had Ace who could use his own judgment when accepting since clearly hers was out of whack. Seeing as Beelzebub had yet to receive the gratitude he deserved for watching the kids during the hunt and not doing anything. He was harmless, yet no one saw it. Anastasia did not stand for anyone treating another like an outcast, everyone had to share respect with all of the pack regardless.
On approach Ace nudged her muzzle gently and it soothed her. It allowed her to know that there was something strong between them and that she had the strength to do this again. If not for herself but for Shade. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">“Aeolus,” she inquired for a second as she looked to Ace then back to the stranger, <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">“if you were in a pack before here can you tell me what your reason for leaving was?” It was a question she used on strangers looking to join since their history could likely be repeated. Everyone was different but she did not want any loner coming into her pack who had a habit of murder or aggression towards others. The safety of her pack mates were always at risk when a loner looked to join even if they were friendly and respectful.

Inactive No Rank
Aeolus Argyris
[At @Ace, I put up the response to get a post in since we were trying to decide who to post first earlier]

Aeolus Argyris

Aeolus was asked about why he left his former pack, and he had nothing to hide. "Of course ma’am, though it is a story that lacks tragedy or anything else of importance really." He said respectfully to the fae who was officially alpha of Pitch Pine Trail, Anastasia. However the man had called her just ‘Ana’. No matter what, he felt it was appropriate to call her by her full name unless he was told otherwise by her, and only her.

"Well, this is a longer story, so it might take a while to explain fully. You see, I was born as one of four lovely gents. Phineas, Thanos and Erebos being my siblings, we were an all-male litter. We were raised in Asphodel Meadows, and we lived there happily. My parents passed away and my brother took over the pack with his mate Desdemona. We were all happy and Desdemona had a litter of pups. However, they were not Phineas’ and he disappeared in the night. I stayed in the pack, they were my birth pack, and the father of the pups, Phineas’ best friend Thorne, took over the pack. My brothers slowly left to find Phineas. I however, did not want to see my brother again. The pack was unsteady then, and eventually collapsed into ruins. I left, at first to demand answers from my brother, in truth I blame him for the pack falling into ruins. But all I seek now is a pack I can stay with until I die since in my years of searching, I have yet to find him." He told them honestly, nothing hidden in his eyes as far as outsiders could tell.

That was all he was seeking at the moment, and once he had a pack, he could continue his hunt for his brother perhaps. If he liked it wherever he chose to stay, he would probably stay there, even if it meant never finding Phineas. His fiery orange eyes were hinted with pain. He began to wonder if the hunt was even worth it. Of course it was, it had to be.

Inactive No Rank
Ace Caravello
I am so sorry! I tried to get up the post but I was just so tired :c

A small dip of his creamy head and the hint of a smile was the only movements the Pitch Pine Leader made when Aeolus spoke that it was the first time joining a pack, and that he had no idea what to do or say. It was the same instance that he was in, although he would decide if the large male joined the ranks of Pitch Pine Trail. With the help of Anastasia, of course.

"No need to apologize, Aeolus. We have all felt the same before.” This time he did smile. From the moment he had met the large male, he had worried about how to act and what to say. But now that Anastasia was here, he felt more comfortable about his actions. Looking to her briefly, Ace wondered what she thought of Aeolus. He seemed like a wolf that would promise something, and do it, with no reason to lallygag. Although, it may be a while before he would be trusted enough to teach and be around Adsila and Karpos. After losing both of their parents through different means, he had taken up the act of looking after them as if they were his own, as he was sure the rest of the pack had done.

The Pitch Pine Leader glanced at Anastasia when she asked why Aeolus had left his previous pack. It was a very good question to ask, and would surely tell whether he could be trusted or not to be loyal to Pitch Pine Trail. There were many things to be learned, and now was only just the beginning.

As Aeolus began to tell them why he had left his previous pack, Ace looked back at him, curiosity in his eyes. His brothers’ names; Phineas, Thanos and Erebos stuck in his mind. Maybe one day he’d come across one of them, and if Aeolus was still in Pitch Pine Trail’s ranks, he would tell him that they were in Relic Lore, along with anything else they might want him to say to their brother.

An almost saddened look came upon Ace’s face when Aeolus finished speaking. The way he spoke of his pack collapsing into ruins reminded him of his own pack, which had been attacked and his whole family had been killed. All but one; his sister. He still hadn’t found her, and would like to keep searching. But he was now the alpha of Pitch Pine Trail, and had no time to search for her, no matter how much his heart pined for her. He had given an oath to serve his undying loyalty to Pitch pine Trail, and that was what he would do.

Changing his expression from its saddened state –which was quite hard- the pitch Pine Leader lifted his head up an inch and looked thoughtfully at Anastasia, as if asking her if Aeolus had permission from both of them to join the ranks of Pitch Pine Trail. He certainly thought he did, and the way he held himself and looked at the large male showed it. Hopefully his leading partner felt the same way.

518 Words

(This post was last modified: Sep 21, 2013, 10:58 AM by Ace.)
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
From what Aeolus had mentioned she expected that it would be a fairly boring story filled with being born, being a subordinate and otherwise leaving when the time came. Within in she found tragedy of her own, to realize that a woman had pledged herself to a man but had not carried his children had to have been a rough one. Aeolus had been on a mission to find his brother before deciding that some goals had to be set aside to make new ones and his was to find a pack to stay in until death became of him.
Looking to Ace as he looked to her, they were in silent agreement that Aeolus would make a rather fine addition to their cozy family. Strong males were always welcome so long as they were honest, so far she felt he had expressed everything as honestly as possible with very little held back if any. “I believe that me and my partner are in agreement,” she mentioned while tearing her eyes from Ace’s before settling upon tawny stranger, “we are glad that you have chosen our home and hope that it will fulfill all your needs.” A gentile smile graced her features as she moved towards the new member and rubbed her shoulder against his own to lay with him their scent. An initiation process for the newcomers and hopefully Ace would help in giving their newest member a small feel of home with a scent of his own.
With that, she nudged her newest co-partner and departed to go and find Karpos and Adsila, then perhaps go sight-seeing with Lachesis in tow.
(This post was last modified: Sep 22, 2013, 11:31 PM by Anastasia.)