(See All?) Announcements
546 Users Online

it takes a lot of guts — Dragonfly Fen 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Nova who has 443 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
Sorry that I did not give you guys a proper heads up but with plot stuff, I had to get the ball rolling!

After mulling it over for a bit, Anastasia had decided that she needed to make movement on the situation otherwise she would just continue digging the hole. All that she needed to do was to talk it out with a few special, important members and then she would likely take her leave. It was a tough choice, one that had been going on in her mind for a while but had not made any headway until Maksim had found her sulking about in Spectral Woods. It was then that she realized how pathetic she was to mope about her situation when she could easily change it.
Letting up a howl she called for @Ace, @Lachesis, and @Silver. Both Ace and Silver would need to know that she was once again giving up her spot. From how she saw it, this time, it was under her terms and she expected it since it was her own decision. To live here, knowing that Silver would potentially challenge her for it was slightly intoxicating worry that gnawed at her mind. However, she would be leaving on a good note—she swore it, especially if Lachesis intended to follow her as he had promised.
It was exciting to know that things would be changing soon for the better—Maksim was a brilliant, handsome knight that was saving her from the pain of losing a friend and the disappointment she felt as being a temporary leader when she felt the looming foreshadowing of a challenge coming from her co-alpha’s lover. At least now she could give it peacefully and not allow the guilt of disappoint weigh her down. Nor would she feel as though she had nothing left—she could be happy again somewhere else.

i'd love more threads, so message me if you'd like one!
looking for friends, potential love interests and role-inspired threads!
Played by Becca who has 285 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Silver

Coldness, darkness, damp air. These were all things of the soon approaching winter. Though it felt as if it was already here. The black figure moved through the trees as if it was a shadow. Yet the shadow was Silver. Her dark figure seemed to have grown slender. She couldn't pull herself to actually find a meal that would fill her. It was always small little leftovers. They seemed to hold her down enough for her to do patrols and small trips. The grounds that surrounded their little home were beautiful. One place she came across was a shadowy woodland that had tall towering trees. Then there was meadows over the mountains. Oh how the Lore held such beauty.

Almost ready to head out to try and make a small meal of something the call of her Alpha Anastasia reached her ears. Pausing for a moment Silver got ready to face the pale woman. Moving towards the source of the call it wasn't very long until her golden orbs landed on the snow white fur. As she approached she nodded her head in a respectful way before letting a greeting slip out. "Hello Anastasia, I hope you have been fairing well lately." It was all she could manage to say unless Silver wished for an awkward conversation. This was the very woman she would have to challenge to be next to Ace (Not counting Spectre) as she wished for.

Nervously her golden orbs stared at the ground waiting for the others to show. If Silver recalled the message had been sent for herself, Ace and Lachesis. Hopefully they would show their faces soon making the situation less weird and complicated for her.

PITCH PINE Trail
TEMPLATE © NDA OF RCR & RPG-D
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#7D9A7B;">
It had been difficult for the youth to adjust after Shade's death — Anastasia had returned to her former position after Spectre stepped down, but something still didn't feel right. The pack was slowly diminishing and XIX felt as though he didn't belong among the Pitch Pine Trail ranks any longer. He had lost one of his closest friends, Capella, who had vanished without a word, and then with the death of Shade... everything was different now. Just as he had begun to bond with the older male and form a friendship he had been ripped away. The healer still cared for Karpos and wanted to protect him, but he knew he could no longer remain in a pack where felt as though he didn't belong.
Upon realizing that he could no longer stay within Pitch Pine he was glad to discover that his china doll felt the same way. He would always follow her wherever she went, even if it meant sacrificing his own happiness. She always came first, regardless of how he felt. XIX would follow her to the ends of the earth if that was what she wanted — he would always be by her side, no matter what happened.
It was his companion's call that pulled the zombie away from his thoughts; he had been aimlessly wandering around the Fen when she had called for him, along with Ace and Silver. Instantly he knew what the call meant and bounded in the direction it had sounded from, his long legs carrying him quickly over the pine-covered ground. Once his dove's scent became stronger the thin yearling slowed his pace, his audits pressed against the back of his skull as he closed the distance between them. The inky female had already arrived, but Ace was still not present. Lachesis was glad that he had not been the last one to arrive, and quickly assumed his position next to his blue-eyed companion after applying a quick lick to her cheek.
[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Melorama who has 205 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ace Caravello
Extremely sorry for the long wait!
And yeah, short and crappy post is short and crappy :c
@Anastasia, @Silver and @Lachesis

Winter was fast approaching, and that meant most lone wolves would attempt to get into a pack before the cruel cold truly set in. That was why he had patrolled the borders more frequently, especially since there was a prince and princess in the pack. He would do anything to keep the lifeline of the Slayers and Pitch Pine Trail alive. They had no mother, and their father was dead.

Padding at a slow pace, Ace marked the borderline every twenty feet or so, to make sure that any lone wolves that came across the border, there would be no way of them not noticing that a pack lived in the area. The Pitch Pine Leader pricked his ears as a howl from Anastasia asking for him, Silver and Lachesis broke the deafening silence. Almost as if Anastasia had spoken to him in his mind, he knew immediately what is was about.

His long legs carried him quickly over the pine-covered, marsh-like ground as he made his way over to his leading partner. When he came upon Anastasia, Silver and Lachesis, the Pitch Pine Leader slowed down to a stop, coming to stand next to his Silver Angel. Nuzzling her shoulder gently with his creamy muzzle, Ace looked towards Anastasia, and Lachesis who was standing next to her.

Dipping his head an inch, he twitched his ears to show that he acknowledged their presence. “Anastasia, Lachesis.” He said softly. It would be a shame to see them go, as they would lose a good leader and a healer-in-training. But it was their choice, and he wouldn’t try to change it, no matter what he felt.

276 Words

If I could have you in my heart, I
would protect you forever
(This post was last modified: Oct 08, 2013, 11:27 AM by Ace.)
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
While Lachesis knew what was coming with the howl, she was sure that Ace and Silver might be at least a little surprised by her decision. It would be a painful one even with it being her choice to leave—after all, she had many memories here and to leave behind Karpos and Adsila was slowly going to break her down. She knew that she would see them soon, she would have to even if her relationship had never completely carefree with Adsila who had always been somewhat skeptical of the temporary mother. All she could hope for was the best when it came to the other’s opinions of her own move in life. Either way it was going to be happen because this was her life and she was going to play it out the way that made her most comfortable and happy.
The first to arrive was Silver who greeted her kindly and warmly, though Anastasia felt no nerves when looking to the woman. “Some days are better than others,” she answered as honestly as she possibly could without spilling the information out before it was ready. She needed the others to be present to mention anything, just in case there was choice words to be said. Next was Lachesis who placed himself right beside her and she nuzzled his shoulder warmly before looking up to see the approaching form of Ace. That meant that everyone was now here… things had to be placed upon the table.
“I know this is quite sudden but after the death of Shade I have not felt the same as before,” and perhaps a little before that she hadn’t, “Pitch Pine Trail has been a wonderful place and the best family anyone could ask for and even though I was given the greatest honors in the world—to be an alpha, to be a mother, to be a friend and teacher—they were never truly mine. That being said, Lachesis and I would like to pursue our happiness elsewhere.” With that her cerulean eyes looked to Silver in a motherly, twinkling fashion, “with that being said… Silver, I would like to extend the position of Alpha Female of Pitch Pine Trail over to you if that is what you wish.”

Inactive Deceased
Silver

Silver was happy to see her mate arrive next to her. Listening to the words that her alpha spoke almost brought a shocked expression to her face. Yet when words were directed to her she almost froze. Her mind searched for words for wait seemed like minutes before she could speek "I would be honored to take your spot as Alpha. Though I shall always see you as my superior whether you are or on the other side of these lands. I do wish you and Lachesis luck on your journey." she bowed down to Anastasia for what would seem to be the last time before rising. A warm smile was fighting it's way onto her face. Nudging @Ace softly she offered a wag of her tail before her attention was returned back to her snowy friend.

Now that her part was done and said she waited for someone else to speak up. Of course she was sure as her and Ace's first task would be to hold a pack meeting to get everything sorted out. Everything was already planned out in her head. And if the plan went out as smooth as it could then Pitch Pine Trail could be the strongest and wisest pack on this side of the mountains. She was sure of it. Though it might take some time it was possible. As all the members who would be left would be good members. Maybe some new member would even show. Who knows, the possibilities are endless! For this very moment made the new chapter in her life, and she got to spend it all with Ace and her dear Karpos. Along with his sister Adsila who she had yet to meet.

PITCH PINE Trail
TEMPLATE © NDA OF RCR & RPG-D
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#D7DDDF;">
With his lips drawn tight the gangly youth remained where he was, his side pressed against the comforting silky coat of Anastasia as Ace arrived. His chest grew tight, pear eyes focused on the pair before him as the agouti male addressed them. This was it. He was no longer going to be a member of Pitch Pine Trail – while the idea was terrifying it was also incredibly exhilarating. Nineteen couldn’t wait to start this new adventure with his blue-eyed companion; they were going to be able to start fresh elsewhere and leave behind all the misery that had made itself home in the Trail. He hoped that the shadow prince and the sunflower-eyed girl – wherever she was – would understand why he had to leave. Since he was nothing but a mere ball of fluff Lachesis had constantly put others before himself, tending to their every needs and doing whatever necessary to make them smile. For once it was time for the pear-eyed youth to be selfish and do what was best for him. If he continued to solely please others he would remain trapped in his own shell and would grow to be miserable.
Glancing at Ana while she spoke the boy allowed a sigh of relief to slip past his lips. He did not dare interrupt her speech or put in his two cents as she was not only saying what was on her mind, but what was also on his mind. Every word dripped effortlessly off her tongue, as though she had been rehearsing it for days. Once she finished a silence settled over, shock registering on the darker female’s face as the words sunk in. He did not know what to say, as he felt as though the wolves before him were strangers. He had only met both wolves a few times, as it was Shade who Lachesis felt as though he should be thanking. It was the coffee-coloured male who had invited him to join his family and who had cared for the gangly youth as though he was his own son. There was nothing keeping him here anymore.
[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Melorama who has 205 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ace Caravello
@Anastasia, @Silver and @Lachesis

The Pitch Pine Leader stood silently and listened attentively to Anastasia’s speech. A saddened expression attempted to force itself onto his face, but he managed to change it into a weak smile. Yes, death of Shade was very hard, and he could mostly understand what his leading partner was talking about. She had always been a fill-in, the job of being the mother to the prince and princess even though they weren’t hers was strange, and being the alpha had only been temporary, as Spectre had challenged her for it.

Staring thoughtfully at Anastasia, he was shocked to hear her next words, but at the same time was pleased. His Silver Angel would finally get the chance to have the rank he knew that she wanted, and now they could lead together. But it was at the cost of losing a friend. His silver gaze looked towards Silver, whom he could see a shocked look upon her face, just like he did.

A soft nudge of his muzzle against hers and the soft purr of a rumble in his chest was all that was given. His thick tail twitched to the side as Silver spoke of accepting Anastasia’s offer before bowing down to her, presumably for the last time. She nudged him softly and wagged her tail, before he could see her golden eyes look back towards his once-leading partner, but was now just a friend.

His silver eyes glanced thoughtfully towards Lachesis momentarily as he had stayed silent the whole time. Either he was nervous to speak, or he just had nothing to say. Smiling uncertainly, the Pitch Pine Leader looked at Anastasia for a few moments. He had long lowered his stance, as they didn’t need the constant reminder that he was the Alpha and had power over them. They were all friends, and it wasn’t as if they were strangers. “But where will you go?”

318 Words

If I could have you in my heart, I
would protect you forever
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
It would likely not be too much of a surprise that she wished to leave, though she did love the Trail and all its inhabitants. Unfortunately, it was just the time to go. She wasn’t as happy as she wanted herself to be and she could feel that she was not going to find it her. After meeting Maksim, she saw something in the male that she had not felt in a while—a comfort, an offer that she could not turn down. A place where she would have something and it be hers without a doubt whereas here she had had everything but they had never been hers to claim. Walking away from the Trail now, the only thing that would follow her was Lachesis who always had her back regardless of who or what stood in their way.
“I appreciate that Silver,” she answered as she would a friend seeing that Silver still had many things to learn but she was sure that Ace would help her with it all. Ana hoped that the two could see out their lives together in peace rather than in discord. They both deserved happiness just as she and Lachesis did. Lachesis stayed quiet as she spoke (not very surprising to her in the least) and Ace remained quiet until he asked where it was they would be headed. “To the northeast to stay with a friend, Maksim Baranski. I met him not too long ago and he will soon be starting a pack of his own in which I wish to help him with.” The two of them were always welcome to visit and perhaps an alliance between the two packs could come out of it.
Before she could go any further and leave, there was one last thing she needed to do. “I hate to cut this short but we need to get moving. We need to see to Karpos first and explain,” because that was what she needed to do. Her leaving would likely be a great impact on him and it was the last thing she needed to do before completely leaving. Lowering her head in respect and appreciation for the new Alpha Pair of Pitch Pine Trail she nudged Lachesis on the shoulder before lowering her head to pick up Karpos scent to hopefully track him down to talk.

Inactive Deceased
Silver
Let me stayWhere the wind will whisper to me...Where the raindrops, as they’re falling, tell a story

Silver nodded her head understanding, though it made her wonder why they only spoke of talking to Karpos, why not Adsila? Yet she held her tongue and only let her eyes fall back to her mate. Offering Ace a small smile she lightly let her fur brush against his. The silence between them all was pleasing. If no one had anything else to say then she would say her final goodbye to Anastasia and Lachesis before turning tail and walking away.

The scent of Ace on her dark fur had only grown strong the more says they spent together. It brought a small smile to herself as she thought about them being together for the rest of their lives. Having a family of their own one day, watching over the pack together, and growing old together. It was all the things she wished to experience with only him. No one else could take her heart away, and it felt right to have her heart in his paws. Silver knew that he wouldn't break it like some other foolish men.

Returning her gaze to Anastasia for a moment she opened up to speak to her, "I know Karpos has seemed to like being alone these last few weeks, maybe he has a special spot to him where he would be hiding? Just saying." her head gave a small nod before she fell silent once more.

Words: 261 || Tags: @Ace @Anastasia and @Lachesis || Notes: <3