(See All?) Announcements
252 Users Online
Bing, Google

A Broken Vow
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Namara who has 402 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
[I'm not sure if this can be squeezed in, but dating this BEFORE Ana would leave Spectral Woods, and I was thinking maybe @Anastasia, @Lachesis or @Capella could have a personal moment with him?]

Karpos had been saved by many wolves in his time, all of which were family or at one time, packmates. But the fact that all of them seemed to leave when he started to really get close to them bothered him greatly. If they all loved and cared about him so much, why did they make an effort to leave him behind to wallow in the dusk like some rat? The fact was that there were many things in life that were malign and one of those things was that everyone left him solely to make him feel bad. He was just a pup and he didn't understand the whole world completely yet. He had ran, ran as far and as fast as he could towards the place that he use to call home. The edge of Dragonfly Fen and Spectral Woods.

He stood tall in the cave that he was born in, he remembered it all like it had been only the day before. A small tear leaked through his eye. He was sure that someone had seen him run in the middle of the night and had went after him, but he simply needed to be alone, or at least be with wolves who weren't in Pitch Pine Trail. He felt, not threatened, but insecure whenever he was in his 'homelands'. It felt as if he didn't belong there. He had indeed grown accustomed to wandering out and away from the pack. He howled out his pains about Uncle Lach, Mama Ana, everyone who abandoned him. But not Auntie Pella, she had returned to them! He sang out his hymn. Its nothing but a Broken Vow.... Before he broke down again into sobs, he felt as if his life was messed up and it would never get better.

(This post was last modified: Oct 07, 2013, 05:14 AM by Karpos.)
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
because lachesis would never leave without saying goodbye to karpy :c <3<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#7D9A7B;">
It had been decided – he and Anastasia were going to leave Pitch Pine Trail. Since the chocolate Alpha’s passing the spider-legged youth had been unable to get much sleep as his thoughts were constantly haunted by ghastly nightmares. He knew that he didn’t belong here anymore, and neither did his blue-eyed companion. While she had been given back her title Ana had admitted to him that it didn’t feel right. Eventually Ace wanted his lover, Silver, to hold the rank beside him – which meant that Anastasia would either have to step down once more or fight for her rank. The best thing for the pair to do was leave and start fresh elsewhere – as long as his china doll was beside him the youth would be home, regardless of where it was.
It was the familiar call that rang out that pulled the lanky yearling away from his thoughts, weary eyes struggling to focus on where it originated from. Karpos. Grief consumed him as he stepped forward, thin legs quivering as he pushed himself to find his inky nephew. He could not leave without saying good-bye – he could not do that to the wolf he loved nearly as much as Anastasia. XIX had promised the boy so much and now he was going to break those promises – the healer could feel his heart tremble at the thought. Gulping hard the pale zombie carried forward, quickening his pace as he closed the distance between them.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#7D9A7B;">“Karpy…” he managed to spit out once he stumbled upon the youth, his soft pear gaze focused on the pup’s small frame. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#7D9A7B;">“I’m sorry… I-I…” Words failed him as he lowered his hindquarters once he approached the boy, his thin body pressed against Karpos’ dark pelt. Unable to say anything else Lachesis pressed a soft lick to the pup’s forehead, pointed sonars flattened against his skull as he struggled to tame his vibrating form.
[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Nova who has 443 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
this sucks & i'm sorry. >_>

Just hours earlier in the dead of night the two had reached the conclusion that restarting somewhere was the best for them. Staying here, Anastasia felt like she would always be a runner-up of sorts, never fully gaining the things that she wished to hold and have. A position that washers and not one that she was holding for someone else, a child from her own womb… there were more but those were the most prominent ones that kept poisoning her mind like a snake bite to the brain.
At least her friend understood her reasonings—it made sense that the two should go elsewhere. This didn’t quite feel like home anymore, it just felt like a place where she was only half happy. The only ones here anymore that had known her before were Ace and Shade’s children but even then, no one really knew her or had gotten to know her. They didn’t know her secret places or her scorched past, they only knew that she had been leader then got bumped down and placed back up there. It simply felt like it was time to try something different for a change. Of course, that also meant that she needed to suck up all of her emotional baggage and attempt to explain why she and Lachesis would be departing. First line of business—Karpos and Adsila.
Reaching the boy’s scent she heard his cry and immediately felt her own tears well with waterworks, “hey…” It was merely a whisper as she threatened to fall on the floor like the heaping mess that she was. Leaving him broke her heart, she figured that he would want to stick here with Ace and Silver, the place of where his father passed away and his spirit lingered—rather than go out on the open road to a place that was unknown to his familiar surroundings. It became apparent to her that it had probably spread around the pack since she had talked to Ace and Silver but perhaps now was as good a time as any to explain what was going on face-to-face.
“Karp,” she mumbled through the fumbling of tears as she inched her way closer to the den. She wanted to reach out, to be as affectionate as Lachesis was she feared retaliation—anger towards her for the proposed idea of leaving to another man’s creation. Then it hit her… she didn’t know what to say to him to make it all better. It was obvious in her mind that she was leaving regardless but she didn’t want to leave if Karpos would be upset about it. Laying down upon her stomach as she watched Lachesis and Karpos in front of her, eyeing them both with glassy, tear filled eyes. What did she wish to say? Was there anything to say at all or was words not necessary? Could he handle hugs and kisses? To know that she would protect him wherever they ended up regardless of distance?

i'd love more threads, so message me if you'd like one!
looking for friends, potential love interests and role-inspired threads!
Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
</3 Karp made me write this!

Karpos was a mess still, and it just got worse when Lachesis arrived at the scene. Karp had no idea that he had even been in the area, and he honestly didn't care. He had to stop letting people get close to him, if he didn't, then he would just be a joke. Everyone would be able to play with him and his emotions, and then they would crush him. He'd seen it happen so many times. Lach pressed his pelt against Karp's, and then licked his forehead. Karp stayed silent, well, somewhat silent. He said not one word, instead he merely backed away from Lachesis. He barely acknowledged his presence as he wanted to believe everything was just a bad dream. He would wake up to find Mama Ana, Uncle Lachesis, Ma, Adsi, Pella, his da, all of them curled around him in the pack den. He couldn't go on.

All hell broke loose inside Karp when the woman that he once called ma, arrived, they both seemed sad. Karp took that the wrong way, he took it like they were sad to see him, like they didn't want to be around him. He had yet to understand that they had other things going on, and that they had a different agenda. He found there to be a lack of sympathy and compassion for the two of them. When she pressed closer, he couldn't contain his rage at the outside world and he finally snapped. His hackles raised and a fierce snarl was emitted from his muzzle. It was a warning for them to not come closer. Tears leaked from his eyes, and it was obvious then the pain and turmoil that he had mentally gone through. He was tired, and he was sick. The one tin soldier rides away...

(This post was last modified: Oct 08, 2013, 02:14 AM by Karpos.)
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
:c :c :c
His heart was breaking. The shadow pup beside him had already lost so much – his father had passed, mother had abandoned him, returned, and had left without a trace – and now XIX was leaving him behind. Perhaps this wasn’t the right decision… had he made a mistaken in agreeing to leave with Anastasia? As much as he loved Karpos, the gangly youth was no longer happy being a part of Pitch Pine Trail. The wolf who constantly put others before himself was finally thinking selfishly and doing what was best for him. Guilt paired with second thoughts steamrolled through his mind as silence settled around him, its gentle fingers caressing his pale coat.
The reaction he had gotten from the youth was unexpected, causing Lachesis to instinctively scramble away as tears pooled in his bright, pear-coloured orbs. With a panicked expression the zombie turned toward his blue-eyed companion once he realized she was present. XIX frantically searched her expression for an answer – what was he supposed to say? Were they making a mistake? A whimper slipped past his dark lips as he allowed his hazy gaze to fall back onto the angry child. Perhaps it was better if Karpos hated him before he left… it would make everything so much easier. As always, he waited for his china doll to say something first – she was better with words and make everything right. She had to. Words failed the awkward teenager as he desperately searched his mind for something to say that would comfort the troubled boy. He knew, though, that anything he said would only making the situation worse. Everything he said was wrong, whereas Anastasia was always right. She always knew how to fix things and Nineteen only knew how to get into trouble.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
Even though the woman loved children and wished to have some of her own, she still was not always completely sure with what to do with them or say. She was good at comforting them but only understand certain circumstances. When they hurt because of her she didn’t know what to say to make it better… nothing could make it better, at least she recognized this now as the boy she had always known to be so friendly, full of life and caring to everyone he knew turned. One second he was the young pup that she had been with since forever the next he was the vision of a wolf with rabies—vile and cruel, snarling at her to warn them not to come closer.
Lachesis came to her then, scrambling to put his legs together to walk and even though he came to her looking for her to speak she couldn’t even find the words. Realizing that no one was going to speak if they kept relying on each other to say something, she figured she’d at least say something before leaving. Originally she was going to tell Karpos that when they time came that he was a year old, she would gladly take him in wherever it was Maksim put his roots down and she would look after him. Only reason that that was her choice was because she was still under the impression that Rosealia was around—Silver had mentioned it to her as well as Lachesis.
“We are sorry for all the wrong we have done,” she began though knew that no matter what she said he would be angry. She would be angry with someone who had left her after months of care and love, especially when things seemed so horrid. But what was she supposed to do? Anastasia had assumed and that alone had gotten her nowhere. Assuming that Karpos was happy here, wanting to stay with Uncle Ace, Silver and Rosealia who she figured was still lingering around the area and who should be joining the pack by the time they left. “I know that there is nothing we can say to make this better but regardless of where you are, who you become, or what you do—we will still love you and won’t be far away.”
To this, she allowed herself to inhale what breath she could before pushing herself to her feet and beginning to walk away. The urge to embrace him and be there for him was lost, knowing that it would do nothing but break her spirit. This decision had been made and although she did not wish to break his heart this way, she knew that staying here would only bring her more sorrow than happiness.

Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer

Karpos was more afraid than anything, they kept dropping left and right. Pain filled his eyes, and Karpos looked at the two wolves he had looked up too for so long. "How can you possibly be sorry? You left me when I needed you most. I wouldn't be here right now if Auntie Silver and Uncle Aeo hadn't found me...." He looked at his paws, his anger soon fading him and his hackles lowering. He had indeed gone too into detail about what had happened only a few days before. "You left Adsi and I when we needed you most. You broke your promises, and you didn't even say goodbye before you left." He yelled out. He was more angry with himself.

He thought that everything that had happened was his fault, his fathers death would have never happened if he hadn't been born. Rose and Shade probably wouldn't have either run away or gotten into the fight with the dumb wolf Elettra. Auntie Silver and Uncle Ace wouldn't have to be leaders to raise someone else's children if it hadn't been for him being born. Mama Ana wouldn't have been hurt by his da when Spectre stepped up, if Karp had not been born. they wouldn't be going through the pain right now if he hadn't been born. He shouldn't have been born. Everything would be so much better that way... Karp just knew it, he was a terrible wolf. Him just being around had to be the reason that others hurt so much. "Why>"

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
sorry for the delay guys <3<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#D7DDDF;">
Guilt consumed him as Anastasia spoke, her tentative words desperately trying to soothe the troubled youth before them. Regardless of what she said, anger still fueled the shadow prince’s voice as he spat out a spiteful response. As much as he wanted to speak what was on his mind, the yearling’s lips were drawn shut, his pear-coloured eyes not once wavering from the small child’s frame. His selfishness had resulted in an unexpected backlash, and the spider-legged yearling was unsure of whether he was going to be able to recover from it. As much as he wanted to do what was best for him he also wanted to ensure that the orphaned Karpos was also being taken care of – he had made numerous promises to the pup, and now they were all being cast aside.
‘Why?’ The single word felt like a dagger to the heart, his entire body going both numb and cold as he struggled to come up with an answer. Glancing at the blue-eyed dove as she began to walk away XIX suddenly felt panicked, his bright eyes widening as they refocused on the small youth before him. There was nothing he could say that could possibly soothe the hatred that the orphaned pup felt. He knew that the words that would fall from his tongue would be jumbled together, desperately trying to make sense as they stained the still air between them. Anastasia was always the one with the voice, the one who knew what to say – Lachesis frequently failed in this department and knew it was better for him to keep his maw shut. However, he knew that he needed to say something. He could not leave without saying good-bye or giving some sort of reason as to why he was leaving. Karpos deserved that much, even it resulted in him hating Lachesis forever.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#D7DDDF;">“I’m sorry, Karpos,” he repeated as a feeble start to his explanation, pear-coloured eyes struggling to focus on the charcoal youth. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#D7DDDF;">“I know you may n-never forgive me – us – for leaving, but this is what’s right for us. Pitch Pine Trail is no longer our h-home, and it has not been for quite some time. I know that you need us, now more than ever, and I’m s-sorry I couldn’t be there for you. I still stand by my promises, even if we are t-territories apart – I will always love you, Karpos. I will always care about you and think about you. If it was not for your sister, I w-would ask you to join us. I will never be too far away, and I will come back to take you on the trips I promised.” Finally exhaling, the yearling allowed his head to drop in defeat – he had nothing left to say. He only hoped his lackluster explanation would be enough.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
Er, I had kind of meant for this thread to take place before they leave from PPT... so that this would be the goodbye but *shrug* oh well. Anastasia has left now.

Anastasia wanted to be the one to help him through everything but the situation was just too sensitive and from here she knew that he understood. It was painful to hear all the words that he practically spat at her and Lachesis, but she could only hold back her tears and hope that someday he might understand why they left. It was not because they did not love her or want to take care of him; it was simply bad timing that they chose now. When he was older, she would have come back for him but as he had made it quite clear—he didn’t seem to want them to come back. Of course, it could have been an emotional shield but it was one that Anastasia could not bear to break now.
After listening to what Lachesis said to Karpos and finally realizing that there was truthfully nothing left for them to do, Anastasia began to depart. If she stayed here any longer then she surely would end up crawling on the floor weeping. It was not how she wished to start her new beginning, even if his love meant a lot to her. It was simply something that she wished to do and if she was ever going to make anything of herself then she needed to produce a hard shell regardless of who tried to break it down. This would be a good start… at least, she hoped she would eventually give into the idea that it was. Then she might be able to forgive herself for breaking Karpos’ heart.

Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
I had taken this as they left, but they hadn't left Spectral woods yet?

Karpos felt as if everything that could have been said wasn't going to be said. He felt like they should come back to Pitch Pine Trail, truth was he was just too selfish to let them go just yet. With tears in his eyes, he walked past them, turning back to them and saying his last goodbyes. "You still don't understand how I feel about Pitch Pine Trail. It's less my home than it is yours!" He cried out to them, and then he continued to speak. "Bye, and don't bother coming back." Without a word he ran out of the den that he had been born in and towards the north, he was too blinded with rage and sadness to know he was going the opposite way of where his home was, but he didn't care. Any place was better than the haunted forest which always seemed to bring sadness. First his mother left him, then Lachesis and Ana too. He'd never return to the forest to stay, no, only to pass through it and he would avoid that as much as possible.

Karp had been anything but mad with them, if anything he was mad at himself for not being able to go with them, Pitch Pine Trail felt like less and less of a home to him by the minute. Every single second someone new joined, someone he could not call family, and those he could call family were leaving or dying. He just couldn't take it anymore.

-Exit-