(See All?) Announcements
504 Users Online
Google

a light to burn all the empires
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 711 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris

He couldn't find trace of a single one of them. Since returning to the lore, Gent had hunted for his own pack. It was highly unlikely they would have welcomed him back after such a sudden and lengthy absence, but it had been instinct not logic that drove him to seek them anyways. They had been the only home he'd known in this land, and they had been the sole target  of his ambitions. Upon returning to what he had known to be Hollow Heart Keep's domain, however, he found nothing but ghostly memories and not a trace of what might have happened to his packmates. Thus the search began. He approached every border he could sniff out, meeting not with the members but sifting through the scents himself searching in vain for a revival pack or even a straggler seeking refuge among strangers. The only pack he did not approach was that of Cut Rock River, given the mishap he and Sagacity experienced at the border last year, and ironically he may never know that his only friend remaining now called the insufferable bull Maksim a luminary.

Friend? They had never been friends. None of them had earned that title from him, and he highly doubted any would have regarded him as such. Though he greatly respected some, it was an unattached appraisal. So then, why did he feel so lost?

Gent returned north, fighting the gnawing of some breed of sadness within his chest. He needed a new purpose then, as he had allowed his old one to die out. He shouldered the blame, still clueless as to what had caused the disbandment of his home but left to wonder, if he had stayed would it have still happened? Or would he have been able to stop it? After all, didn't he aim to be a monarch? Shameful, to lose your home. He let this onus rest inside him, directly next to his heart, and burn hot, driving him forward. He would make up for this grievous error. He had to.

A new plan began to formulate within his head. He had chosen Naira's pack for its strength. Before that terrible winter, when they called themselves the wolves of Nomad's Pass, he had been intoxicated by the danger of where they resided, the sheer strength it took just to navigate their own terrain. This should be what he sought again but he found his paws searching for a pack close to Hollow Heart Keep's abandoned den site instead. Not thinking entirely clearly. 'Are you so easily lost?'

They were the closest, the wolves that nestled just outside the blackberry fields. Outlying, the surroundings seemed meant for children; cover only for those who were small, and nothing but sweet treats far as the eye could see. But as Gent drew closer to the pack lands, he noticed the undergrowth taking a wicked turn. And he liked it.

Stopping just before the violent thorns, Gent appraised his position before finalizing his decision. He unleashed a short series of barks, requesting anyone nearby to meet with him. The man had earned Naira's approval when he was just a boy; surely he could sway these wolves to let him in.

@Minka
@Tokino
(This post was last modified: Mar 19, 2015, 02:38 PM by Gent.)
Played by Ghost who has 389 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Minka Lagina

Her son had finally returned to her, @Kova had come home. While it had been a joyous occasion and Minka still felt the warmth in her heart it only fueled her desire to bring home @Noble as well. Her dark coated daughter was still lost in the abyss that was the winter that was coming to a close, hopefully with the spring she would see her return. The mother herself was taking some time off of the scouting trips and spending as much time as possible with her son, doing everything she could to cater to his every need. It was rare that she left his side as she had done now but border patrols had to be done, even if it meant taking her gaze off of the platinum prince for the time being.

The tawny fae's pace was swifter than her usual patrols, her only goal to make it around as fast as possible so she could return to her pup. However the series of barks from the markers was enough to stop her in her tracks, cursing inwardly Minka changed her direction. Slinking her way easily through the thorns the alpha crested the hill, scowl barely hidden beneath her otherwise neutral expression. Raising her muzzle and her tail simultaneously the golden eyes scanned the loner before her, "I am Minka Lagina, leader and founder of Black Thorn Downs, state your business at my borders." The words were said coolly though without any aggression, it was clear the woman was here for business and if the loner was to fit in here this would have to be taken seriously. There was no room for slackers or dead-beats among her members.

Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris

Gent was not left waiting long, much to his satisfaction. The woman that approached him did little to hide her disapproval of being disrupted from whatever she may have been up to, and he knew far better than to waste her time with gibber. He allowed his legs to give beneath him, pressing his stomach to the wet ground and lowering both ears and eyes; a proper show of submission. While he hated taking up such a demeaning position, hierarchy was sacred to him and he respected that ranks must be earned, and that the woman before him had clearly done her part to be able to call herself alpha.

@Minka Lagina, Black Thorns Down, two names he would now never forget. It crossed his mind that she might know the answer to that question he so desperately wanted answers for, but the Keep had been a pack to make enemies sooner than allies, and he couldn't risk the possibly negative association. He decided that once she allowed him in and he could prove his loyalty to her, then he would feel secure enough to ask his questions.

"My name is Gent Lieris, and I am here to request a place within your ranks. I offer to you my strength and intelligence, serving you in the form of guardianship, diplomacy, and herbology. I am more than ready to earn my acceptance within your home as you see fit."
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health
Inactive Deceased
Minka Lagina
short crappy post sorry!

The loner before her easily outsized her, as most males of her species did but it satisfied Minka to see him melt before her. The previous scowl softened somewhat to show that he had pleased her, the tawny maw now nuetral, indifferent even. What she had observed of the brute - Gent as he had introduced himself to be - was positive. Though he smelled of no others he was obviously in good health and didn't seem malnourished in any way. Another set of paws to hunt was always good for a pack, especially since they had faced their fair share of hardships this winter.

Suddenly the rusty ears flicked forward in interest and the golden eyes seemed to light up in the smallest amounts. Relaxing her tail slightly the alpha took half a step forward, cocking her head to the right she spoke, "You say you're skilled in herbology? How extensive is your training?" Their own herbalist, @Lugh had been gravely injured and while they were managing to scrape by with what knowledge the pack had collectively and the instructions he was able to give they needed better. If this Gent could prove himself now he could be a genuine asset to the pack, the piece that they had been missing. When Ryka had disappeared Minka had been upset at the betrayal but she had never thought that it would affect them so, she had never thought they would need two healers at once. Obviously she could see now that she had been dead wrong.

Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris

OOC: No problem! Joining threads get old for everyone, I don't expect paragraphs upon paragraphs P:

Gent hated how useful that skill proved to be. He knew its worth, and thus had taken to it willingly, but it had always been Eek's only strong suit, better than he even and anyways, he found it boring. Gent was not a nurse, he was a king. But he would not let an advantage slip him by, so once again he allowed his herbalist training to give him a begrudging leg up. At least if she gave him a healer position, he could be at a better advantage to earn the trust of others.

"My father knew the knowledge to be essential, so my siblings and I were raised learning it by both theory and application. It has never been my main practice, but I've  been given enough time traveling here to know what is available and where to find it, and would go as far as to say that I could treat any known medical trauma in the right season."

He wished @Minka would keep this knowledge in her pocket and still allow him a role that utilized his strength, but the shine in her eyes hinted otherwise. If she were to ask him to fill a doctoral role, he would oblige, and as always make the best of the scenario. And after all, couldn't he fill more than one post? Healer, besides keeping stock, was not a full-time role. If it was though, he'd surely be bored straight to his death.
(This post was last modified: Mar 22, 2015, 11:18 PM by Gent.)
Inactive Deceased
Minka Lagina

Gent gave a thorough answer about his training but Minka could see the hesitancy in eyes as he provided the information. Nodding her head the woman tilted her head to the right as she looked the male over, his size would provide good for a guardian or for a takedown in a hunt. His healing knowledge would come in handy, especially now but it would seem that this wasn't his only pack worthy trait. The alpha took her time in the silence that followed to observe him as she pondered her decision, not that it was much of one to make, the male seemed perfectly well suited.

Nodding once more Minka smiled for the first time since this meeting had started, her usual warmth returning to her maw and posture. Lowering her tail and relaxing her ears and neck she spoke once more, "Our own herbalist has been injured so I would expect you lend your expertise until he is mended but I encourage you to actively pursue whichever official pack role you want." Golden eyes watched for a reaction in the dark brute as she fell silent now, was this the answer he had been waiting to hear?

Tawny tail flicked idly behind the alpha as she offered another utterance, "A position within the Downs is yours if you want it, but we do not accept free-loaders so be warned that you'll be expected to pull your weight. Until you have proven yourself worthy of an official role you will be lending yourself in any way you can to every speciality." The words were serious but Minka's tone was still warm, Gent hadn't given her any reason not to trust him and it was obvious that he would be an asset to the pack. Thank the fates that he had happened upon them in the time when they needed a healer most, and a guardian almost as bad.

Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris

Gent was indeed pleased with her next round of words. He listened to her explanation of desiring his healing skills, and he wasn't altogether surprised. He'd assumed that they either had no one in the pack to fill the role, or someone who was gravely ill or injured. So it happened, it seemed the latter caused the former to totally fuck over this pack in the medicinal department. His help would be important, and so of course he had no problem lending it. Especially when she clarified that he could also pursue other positions within the pack.

Earn other positions within the pack, of course. He wouldn't have respected anything less out of a leader, and the Lieris heir fully intended on doing just that; working to earn exactly what he wanted. In return for this, he gave her a small smile, eyes meeting her's for a brief second before once again falling to the ground.

"I assure you, I'll give my all to you and your pack in any capacity seen to be fit," his black lips promised. The man's body remained still, but his feet itched beneath him, eager to receive her mark and begin his work. This he had greatly missed, since being separated from his previous pack. The feel of progress, the cool wind of opportunity turning favorably upon him. He would not waste this chance like he'd done the last, allowing himself to be pulled from his duties. There would be no distractions, no accidents, and no regrets.

"Would your wounded herbalist be up for company now?"

The sooner he met with the man, the better.
Inactive Deceased
Minka Lagina

It would seem that Gent knew all the right things to say to please his new alpha, a good trait to have for an ambitious wolf. A smile spread across her tawny maw as the man accepted his position among them, "Very well then, I welcome you to your new home." Without hesitation Minka moved forward, pressing each of her flanks against each of his own until she was sure that he was thoroughly doused in her scent. Taking a step backwards she nodded that the job was done, flashing a smile when Gent looked up to meet her eyes. While she excepted her subordinates to be respectful towards her and anyone who outranked them she wasn't strict enough that a brief glance would anger her.

His next suggestion pleased her even more than his other words, true to his word Gent seemed intent to begin pulling his weight immediately. Looking him over once more Minka was proud of her decision to allow him a spot amongst them, he was a fine addition to the Downs. "Yes I suppose that would be best, Lugh is already within the infirmary, I'll show you the way." As soon as she finished speaking the Lagina woman turned from her new subordinate and made her way towards the territory, assuming that the male would follow her.

It didn't take long before they were at the bottom of the slope that marked the beginning of her home, where the thick gnarls of thorns created a physical barrier. Glancing once at Gent to make sure he was still close behind her Minka slunk through the bushes with ease, having gotten to know how not to get tangled. Pausing on the other side she waited expectantly for the man to follow.

Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris

This Minka certainly wasn't anything much like Naira; he couldn't recall ever witnessing the lost Hollowheart matriarch crack even the smallest of smiles. She seemed to be successfully flexible between luminary and friend, an alternative approach to leadership that Gent himself had recently been experimenting with, against his deceased father's instruction. He had thought of Naira as a role model, but perhaps this was the alpha whose pawsteps he was meant to follow in.

'I've got time to figure that out,' he thought, as he tuned his mind toward the herbalism teachings of his youth, preparing himself for whatever kind of situation Minka lead him to concerning their incapacitated healer. Lugh, another name to tuck away. Even more important now than simply knowing who was who in the land - he'd been accepted, these were now his packmates. Family, some may even refer to them as, though Gent had yet to become a wolf with thoughts such as that.

Gent glided behind her, nimble until they reached the twisted nest of thorns. He hesitated long enough to observe how she entered, and for a brief memory of a whelp named Titan rendered immobile by a bush of similar spurs to pass through his head, before navigating his own way through. Unsurprisingly, he was not as successful as she in avoiding a few gnarls. A grimace passed over his face as he thoroughly hated the feel of the thorns raking through his well kept fur, and a few superficially scraped his skin. Once more at her side, he shook the sensations away.

"That'll take some getting used to," he murmured.