(See All?) Announcements
357 Users Online
Oleander, Bing, Hazelnut, Google, Apolline, Finley

for the life of me i cannot remember — Black Thorn Downs 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 711 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
what made us think that we were wise & we'd never compromise

Once the rest of them had filtered off, Gent stretched his limbs and pulled himself out of the infirmary, returning to Lugh his own space. However, he didn't leave. The Lieris man was very interested in what Lugh thought of all this, and also in conversing with him in general. While they passed small bits of conversation about here and there as Gent tended to him, they had yet to hold a legitimate, meaningful exchange. There were several motives behind this desire. Overall, Gent wanted to know each pack member; their personality, their opinions, their influences and their techniques. If he was to one day be their leader, this would all be very important. Secondly, he wanted to garner trust among them all, but specifically those who were more likely to be dedicated to the monarchy currently in place. This meant he needed to dedicate special interest to befriending Lugh and Inali, and he was in the best position to do this with the former.

Gent relaxed, laying down before the Infirmary entrance to face down into it, to Lugh. A yawn curled his tongue and parted his jaws, and once more he stretched, before attending to his agenda.

"You were awfully quiet, Whelan. What do you think of all this? Of everything Minka is willing to risk to avenge you?"
Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
(This post was last modified: Apr 28, 2015, 07:10 PM by Gent.)
Played by Kydnt who has 55 posts.
Inactive II. Herbalist
Lugh Whelan
@Gent

The meeting concluded, Lugh squirmed further back into the infirmary. Even though he didn't speak at all, just paying attention really sapped his energy and he found himself dozing off. His nap was short lived, however, when he heard paws treading closer. Head jerked up, he looked up into the bright circle of the entrance, slightly alarmed by a dark shadow blocking it until he recognized Gent's familiar scent. His tensed shoulders relaxed, head tilting curiously as he listened to Gent's question.

"Tis hard t' say," Lugh answered at first, taken off guard by being asked for his thoughts. His tongue flicked out to run a quick swipe over his nose.

"I'll be the first t' admit, I messed up. I been where I shouldnt'a an' I paid th' price fer it." He said, usually boisterous voice toned down to a murmur. He shifted with discomfort that he wasn't sure whether was from his injuries or the subject at hand. He had made a mistake, that much was true. "I 'adn't minded their borders, was out lookin' fer th' kids. Coulda swore I'd found a fresh trail, but..." He trailed off as his gaze drifted away from Gent, staring off into the patch of grey sky framed between the black wolf's shoulder and the rough mouth of the den. Unseeing yellow eyes went glassy as visions of white teeth flashed and phantom snarls sent the tan hairs along his nape prickling.

An involuntary whine started to creep up his throat before he caught it, gulping down the errant sound and shaking his head with eyes screwed shut to clear his thoughts. When he reopened them, he was back where he should be. Safe and secure, with Gent. He took a deep, shuddering breath before continuing.

"Now, I don' think what they did was righ'. But jumpin' into battle, I think somebody else is jus' gonna end up 'urt." It had taken him a while to come to terms with it, but the neighboring packs were nothing like the close knit clan he'd grown up among, where different packs had worked with eachother rather than against. Rivalry seemed to be the default here, even his leader seizing this as an opportunity to strike back. How ready Minka was to take matters to extremes surprised him.

Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
He clearly wasn't expecting to have someone ask him such things, which surprised Gent a bit. Wouldn't Lugh's be one of the most important opinions in this matter, seeing as he'd been the one that had truly been wronged? Everyone else's' anger had been an extension of this, not necessarily direct; for as Lugh clarified for him, he had been on the thicket wolves' turf. Still, even that didn't make sense. He recalled hunting twice with Woodlands denizens, and even their alpha Hollow (whose disappearance Gent would have no knowledge of). The second time had been a joint effort of two starving packs, and therefore had little insight into either company's inner workings, but the first time... Gent had been at their border, playing unsupervised and unsolicited with their princess, and had not only gotten a relatively friendly greeting considering, but had been welcomed to hunt with Iopah and Hollow both and allowed to take a portion home to his pack.

Iopah... he knew now that she had been one of Lugh's attackers. What happened? By Lugh's account he had crossed into their territory, but he couldn't see the woman he'd met not allowing him the chance to explain himself. And if he would have been given that chance, surely such reasoning would have dismissed the intrusion. So what was the difference between the woman he'd met and the woman who attacked the Downs only herbalist? Had the Woodlands wolves been on high alert from aggressions directed toward another pack? Had something changed in Iopah herself? Perhaps their leadership had taken a tumultuous turn, and new laws had been installed. But Bane had spoke of Nina, who had been leader a year ago also... was Hollow still there?

So many questions floating around in his head, and little to no way to find answers without upsetting Minka and possibly exiling himself from the pack with the harsh label of traitor. He would need to speak with his new alpha personally, alone, in order to be able to piece together as much as he could. Not knowing was unacceptable; especially when Danica's life might be on the line.

"Have you spoken with Minka about your thoughts?"

Or was no one, obviously not even her mate and fellow leader, counseled before she'd sealed the decision up in her mind? Gent did not wish for dissent, but merely to know; what type of Queen did Minka truly make.
Inactive II. Herbalist
Lugh Whelan

Lugh wasn't sure what Gent was trying to get at by his questions. Normally their conversations weren't so serious. It seemed obvious to Lugh that the dark coated male was fishing around for something, but what that something was Lugh had no idea. Lugh shook his head in response, wincing as the motion reignited the pangs of a lingering headache. Either slight dehydration, too many herbs, or both.

"Ehhhh, well she knows th' facts o' what 'appened, though I 'aven't given 'er my opinion on th' matter..." The Whelan winced again, this time from sheepishness. "I ain't much o' a strategist, I'd ruther leave th' schemin' to the leadin' lady. My expertise is in 'erbs, not war, I don't need t' be makin' a bigger mess o' things than they already are tryin' to stick my paws where they don' belong a second time." He said with a slight wrinkle of his nose for emphasis. He really did fear making things worse than he already had. "B'sides, I trust Minka's judgement an's she 'asn't lead me wrong yet." Lugh added. He had no reason to doubt Minka knew what was best.

"Now what're all the questions for?" Lugh turned back with a question of his own, a smile flashed quickly on his narrow maw and a wink of an eye, "Obviously you've got some thoughts rattlin' round in there..." Lugh wasn't the only one who had been quiet throughout the meeting. He hadn't heard a single word from Gent during the meeting either, and was curious of what the fellow was thinking.

Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
Watching his company through what little amount of light filtered into the den, Gent noticed the cringe of pain. Immediately he thought to ask him if there was anything he needed, as was his primary duty. However, Lugh's voice rose up to meet his ears once again and he stayed his question, listening to the other man as he spoke instead.

No, his answer made it clear that Minka hadn't spoken to Lugh about what he wanted his vengeance to be. As Gent expected, the man didn't appear to care one way or the other. Truly, it felt odd to Gent to be amongst such peace-mongers. It seemed nearly everyone was opposed in some degree to Minka's thirst for war, justified or not. While they seemed willing to fight for her nonetheless, it was a reluctant dedication and therefor could not be truly trusted in Gent's eyes. He definitely did not like the cracks he was finding within the foundation of this pack, however subtle they may be. They would have to be remedied if he was to take leadership.

There had been a pause, in which Gent was about to respond, until Lugh surprised him with a sudden volley of his own questions. A smile appeared on his face as his eyes looked elsewhere, outside of the den and to somewhere unspecified in the distance. He thought for a moment on his response; while he hadn't really much to hide, he wanted Minka to be the first he spoke to about what was troubling him. The last thing the Lieris man needed was for her to pick up something from the grapevine.

"I just, still don't understand how this pack works. How Minka works. It's all so different from my previous homes. It doesn't seem like Minka counseled with anyone before making her decisions. Which is her right, but, the amount of dissent just now... nearly everyone nodded their heads in the end, but they were unsure. A pack should be completely unified, especially in a decision that's so important... I've also interacted with the enemy pack before, and what happened to you just doesn't make sense based on what I know. And I don't like not having all of the information when I making promises."
Inactive II. Herbalist
Lugh Whelan
@Gent Omg sorry I'm so slow >.< 

Lugh nodded slowly as Gent explained his thoughts. "Ya got a point, there, Lieris. But I suppose e'rybody's in a bit o' shock o'er it all. I think we're all noddin' our heads cus no one's got a better idea, and doin' somethin' feels better 'n just sittin' round like a lot o' fat hares waitin' to be picked off." He said with a grimace. It wasn't an excuse, more an explanation.

"Say Gent..." Lugh ventured, yellow gaze sliding towards Gent with some hesitancy. "I think the ol' leg's gonna have t' come off." He ground out, swallowing around a dry lump that had suddenly materialized in his throat. He'd been thinking about it for some time, hoping in the back of his mind that he would regain both feeling and function in his injured leg, but the healing process seemingly stagnated and all he was left with was a useless, dead weight.

"I.. I dunno. I think I could... hmm. I think I could maybe..." He stammered, knowing there was no way in hell he could do it. He breathed slowly as he tried his hardest not to imagine it, blinking a few times as his suddenly dry tongue ran nervously over his lips before he continued. He'd never really explained his phobia to any except Ryka, finding it a bit shameful as a herbalist to not be able to handle blood. He dearly hoped Gent wouldn't find the request odd. "I hate to ask this, but I'll need yer help. An' if the pack's movin', it'll 'ave t' be soon." Lugh said with a low whine.

(This post was last modified: Jun 21, 2015, 10:52 PM by Lugh.)