(See All?) Announcements
716 Users Online
Google, Bing

the king grinned red — Round Stone Crest 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 711 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
@Minka @Lugh @Astraeus @Cessair @Bane @Raela @Loki @Kova
Gent is directly addressing MINKA, LUGH and KOVA in this post.
Having achieved the rank of second, Gent is now approaching Lugh to ask him to step down.
If your character has any objections to Gent becoming leader, now would be the perfect time to pop up & bring them to Minka & Lugh's attention!
Also idk how Lugh's healing progress has been? Figured the infirmary would be a good place to find him regardless.
EDIT: I forgot about Danica's birthing threads, so just to be safe I'mma say forward date this to 5/29.

It was time. He had put in the work, he had climbed each rung on the ladder, and now the final step was before him, laying between him and the crown of Round Stone Crest left behind by the late Tokino. Currently resting at second, the only wolf above him in the male hierarchy was none other than his own patient, Lugh Whelan. With only three legs and a gentle heart that so clearly shied away from taking authority, it was obvious that the man didn't fit well into a position of leadership. But he was a damn fine herbalist, with a wealth of vital knowledge within his head, and that was the role that he needed to be returned to. Surely, all involved would agree to this reasoning. And surely, those most vital would agree that Gent was in the best position to left the mantle from Lugh's shoulders onto his own.

Minka was just as important to have take part in this conversation, and thus Gent chose his moment carefully. He was well-familiar with the cubs patterns, when they grew hungry and when they grew tired, and thus he planned to call the small meeting to order when most convenient to her. Passing by the natal den on his way to Lugh's infirmary, he paused for a moment to request her presence. Sensing Kova's presence as well, either within or lurking somewhere nearby, Gent extended his invitation to them both. A limp pheasant carcass hung was dropped onto his paws to allow him freedom of his jaws to speak out.

"Minka, Kova, could you join Lugh and me for a moment? I'd like to have a talk."

It was a simple beckoning. He clamped his teeth down onto the kill and forged ahead to the infirmary, allowing them to take their time and not feel rushed. Lugh's schedule was just as familiar to him, and he knew that he would find the man within. Coming to rest a few feet outside of the den, Gent released the dead bird a final time.

"Whelan, can we talk?" he tested, hoping to rouse the other man from whatever he may be doing. "I'm here to discuss a change in the hierarchy."
(This post was last modified: May 27, 2015, 03:02 AM by Gent.)
Played by Kydnt who has 55 posts.
Inactive II. Herbalist
Lugh Whelan
@Gent @Minka @Kova Not sure who's turn or if there's rounds or what :p Also I'm assuming Lugh would have heard about Gent winning his challenge by now but let me know if that's not right :)

You cut my roots and now my leaves are dead
Lugh Whelan
They tumble down in pools of all the blood I bled

Lugh had already learned that he could not depend on the world being a kind or fair place, the stub that remained of his hind leg remained a testament to that lesson. Still, it had come as a shock to the Whelan when he learned that that Tokino had died. He mourned the man's passing in his own quiet way, feeling the certainty of loss shaking him to the core. He began to wonder about Noble, regret setting in that he had failed to find her, despite knowing he had done what he could. He could only hope that she had found a much better fate than her father, but even then his typically unshakable optimism was beginning to show cracks. Other "disappearances" he had weathered began to gnaw at him now that these doubts were instilled, greatest of all his dearest friend Ryka...

Lugh knew little of what to make of his inherited position, especially in light of the dire circumstances that necessitated him stepping up. Naturally, being one of the longest enduring members, the posturing wasn't too much to keep up with. But as far as what to actually do, he had no idea. He'd tried to keep an eye on the territory and it's borders, which proved troublesome and exhausting given the hilly terrain. Instead, he would return with mouthfuls of herbs gathered in the territory's easier reached enclaves. He couldn't help it, seeing the stocks so low and all the new and tempting varieties that springtime in this new place brought. He found meditative peace in his work, and admittedly, it was too easy to fall back onto what he knew how to do.

Lugh was currently sorting through his latest haul when he heard a soft thud followed by a familiar voice calling his name. The Whelan turned, his gaze flicked towards the mouth of the infirmary, pale yellow eyes meeting equally pallid blue before glancing to the pheasant that landed at Gent's paws. That was nothing surprising, Gent had often brought food to the healing herbalist. But the words that came out of the man's mouth next caused Lugh's brows to rise in surprise and interest. So the male wanted to talk ranks? "Well, I 'eard you  been workin' yer way up." He said with a toothy grin. "But I don' imagine you've come 'ere t' crow 'bout it." He said, his smile falling slightly into something slightly more serious.

(This post was last modified: May 30, 2015, 03:52 AM by Lugh.)
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
@Minka @Kova
Sorry for so many tags for one thread, haha, but me & Kydnt are gonna go ahead and keep posting between us; you're free to post at any time, or not at all if you wish, since I know you both are busy. (:

Gent seated himself, prepared for a discussion. He wasn't here to demand, or to lecture. The Lieris heir respected Lugh, and he wanted that to show above all else. While respect would have also been given in a more customary physical challenge, he knew that withstanding such a feat would be impossible for the current alpha given his new tripod existence. Rather than taking advantage of the horrific wound he had worked to heal, Gent would approach this in an arena much more within Lugh's abilities.

His smile picked up where Lugh's left off, warm to further prove his benign intentions, before he mirrored the gravity of their talk. A moment was taken to nose the pheasant forward toward its intended recipient, this time an offering instead of a gift, before he began with carefully chosen words.

"I would like to take up the position of alpha. You're a wonderful herbalist, and despite everything you've endured in your loyalty to this pack, you've kept your heart. We need you as our healer, where you can fully implement your strengths." He paused then, feeling that there was no reason to expand on the reasons that he himself was more qualified to be alpha. It wasn't his goal to rub his superiority in Lugh's face, as he more or less had done with those who now ranked below him. "It's what's best for the pack."

Certainly, Lugh would agree. He was smart, and seemed to be rather unselfish, without ego to stand in his way of doing what was right for the others. Gent honestly couldn't imagine the man standing against him, much less consider what he'd then have to do to achieve his goal.
Inactive II. Herbalist
Lugh Whelan
@Gent

Lugh Whelan

Somewhat ungracefully, Lugh plopped himself down onto his right haunch. He eyed the proffered pheasant, opting to instead get this much needed conversation over with before-hand.

"Ya know, I didn't even really want t' lead. But with ol' Kino gone, what else was I s'posed t' do? Out o' the whole lot o' males I've been 'ere the longest, and got the trust that goes along with that. I did what's best for the pack at the time. But I'm not disagreein' that what's best might 'ave changed since then..." Lugh waffled on, his lips quirking in a crooked half grimace.

"I mean, look at me! If ya really wanted to you could bowl me over without liftin' a paw." And really, he was glad that Gent was going at this diplomatically rather than by force. But he still realized that if Gent wanted to, he could, and so could just about any other able male within the ranks. The only thing holding Lugh at the top was the fact others respected the three-legged healer enough to leave him there, at least for a time.

Lugh sighed, shifting uncomfortably on his hind leg to redistribute the weight better. "Obviously, I'd like t' get back t' doin' what I'm good at rather 'n playin' at somethin' I'm not. I'm sure you've noticed, Minka's just 'bout a natural born leader herself, she breathes this stuff. Not a lot o' wolves got that in 'em, but if they got it, they've got it. I can't say I've got it, but if it's gotta be done I'll do it."

"But this is just as much about me steppin' down as it is someone else steppin' up. So ya think ya got what it takes to run things?"  He asked. 

(This post was last modified: Jun 08, 2015, 12:49 AM by Lugh.)
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
Gent listened with full interest as Lugh digressed a short route about his thoughts on the whole ordeal, not just the critical juncture that they had now come to, but the mess of it from the start. Ears forward with intent, he waited patiently for the older man to finish talking. At several moments he wanted to speak up, to let Lugh know verbally how appreciated his efforts had been. For Gent himself, it had earned the three-legged herbalist a good lot of respect, and a place amongst the slowly growing list of pack members who the Lieris man found irreplaceable. However he was not so eager as to interrupt the man, or even interject in the spacious pauses offered. Instead, he listened to the full of it, allowing the words to build steadily upon the back of his tongue. The only time his expression changed from that of solemn business, was to smirk good-naturedly at Lugh's apt remark of Gent being able to "bowl him over."

When Lugh turned a question onto him, Gent wasn't the least bit surprised. While he didn't anticipate any ending that didn't result in him receiving the crown, he hadn't expected Lugh to give up with just a handful of praising words. He'd wanted something from Gent to prove himself, if for no other reason than to be able to say he didn't just hand over the position, even if that was really all he was capable of doing should Gent decide physical force was an option.

"Clearly I've proven myself physically capable," he began, his mind more organized toward supplying a valid list of valid examples proving his qualifications rather than feeding Lugh a speech based in pathos. Which the current alpha was looking for, Gent could not rightly know. "but you should know just how well I've handled juggling multiple positions as well, all with the pack's best interest in mind. I have been your doctor, not just for a cold or sprain but for something that could have easily taken your life and that has required intensive, prolonged care. Simultaneously, I have taken on the roles of scout, guardian and hunter not out of boredom but for the pack's benefit, and to help Minka in Tokino's... absence, as you have. I know what needs to be done and how to do it. I know how to delegate, how to instruct, how to teach. I'm not just grabbing at opportunities here; I have been working toward this my whole life."
Inactive II. Herbalist
Lugh Whelan
@Gent

Lugh Whelan

Lugh nodded along as Gent explained himself. Gent had served him as an excellent doctor, and it hadn't escaped Lugh's notice that the black coated wolf was always busy, bustling from one end of the territory to the other taking care of things. While a guardian in name, the Lieris was that and more. Lugh couldn't say he had been up to much bustle himself, having to resort to limping over hell's half acre just to keep an eye on things. Lugh didn't doubt Gent's capabilities, but wanted to hear it straight from the mouth of the man himself. And even more important than capability, this was something that Gent wanted. Who was Lugh to hold that from him? Perhaps when actually holding the reigns, things would look a little less rose-tinted, but at least he seemed aware of the effort it all entailed.

A wide smile pulled at the corners of Lugh's narrow muzzle. Of course he was happy to have the weight of responsibility off his shoulders, but he was even more happy for Gent. "I've seen th' work you do, Gent. As long as you think yer ready. I think you'll make a great leader, and I'm 'appy to 'ave you as mine." Lugh said, dipping his tawny head and bending his bony elbows in a bow.

Played by Jenandra who has 438 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Raela Lieris Asurn
OOC: Filler post wew! xD

The small congregation was easy to detect for the observant girl. Many familiar scents converged at once, Minka, Kova, and the soon-to-be leader, Gent. Thinking that there was currently nothing urgent for her to attend to, the agouti woman headed for the gathering with interest. If this proved to be something of a private matter, she would have no qualms about turning tail and leaving the group in peace; well, at least far enough away that they didn't suspect an eavesdropper. Her heightened hearing could deliver the gist of it from quite the distance, and she was a curious thing. Coming upon the scene it slowly became clear that this was not as private an occasion as she'd first suspected. They were all heading for the infirmary, where she again picked up a familiar scent. The injured herbalist, Lugh, was nearby as well. The girl met everyone in attendance with a grin and a few good wags of her tail, especially the prince who she knew would be excited to see her. 

The greetings having been finished, the subordinate followed along until they gathered about the medical den; taking her place off to the side. She could guess what the whole ordeal was about. Probably any pack member could at this point, but the dark man's words clarified it nonetheless. Lugh was offered a smile as well; it was hard not to greet the poor, usually cheerful wolf with anything else. The ensuing discussion grasped her attention fully; each diplomatic syllable falling into carefully cupped ears. Still, the situation was no cause for concern. Her attention was fine as always but hardly nervous as it usually was. She found comfort in the gentle and respectful way Gent was handling the issue. He clearly wanted his patient to remain his pack mate and friend. Lugh was vocally appreciative, acknowledging his predicament and the fact that the way gent was proceeding was for his comfort alone. It would have been vastly faster and easier for the ebony male to posture and put the weaker man in the dirt, but the three-legged wolf was much more respected than that. 

At Lugh's mention of Minka, Raela cast her another grin of approval. She was still so appreciative for being taken in, and even more so for how much better a leader she was than the others Raela had seen. The conversation then drew her attention back to the two men. Gent gave a good speech on his qualifications, and Lugh seemed perfectly receptive to the words. A passing of the torch occurred in mere moments, concluding with Lugh's respectful bow. Raela couldn't help but smile for her friend. He was the Alpha now. She would be sure to meet his eyes with a smile and a bow of her own the moment he turned to see her. 

Image © Chris Smith Photography
Manipulation © Jenandra
            [Image: 1HGS6dy.png]
[Image: AsFM155.png]
Played by Ghost who has 389 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Minka Lagina
Feel free to pp Minka going with gent to talk or back to the birthing den!

Gent had been a consistent and welcome visitor to both her and the pups and she was sure by now they had come to expect him to be nearby. While the dark male could never replace their father Minka was relieved to have someone helping her with the day to day. Still his presence had come to grow confusing for her, perhaps it was her grief or just the way he had stepped up to be around the children but when he was gone she wished he would be near again. As soon as she realized what she was feeling the mother would instantly fill with guilt, her mate had been murdered only a month ago how could she even be attracted to another? It was a yearning she kept to herself, and she could sometimes feel herself becoming reserved around the Lieris male when she thought she was getting too close.

Yet at his call Minka couldn't help the smile that graced her muzzle, even if he had called for more than just her. Pulling herself away from the sleeping bundles, taking care not to disturb them and that they were still tucked against one another she exited her den. Doing her best to smother the expression as she got closer the alpha knew that she should compose herself. It didn't take much effort as soon as she heard the words being exchanged between Lugh and Gent; they were discussing leadership. Unconsciously she slowed her steps until she came to a dead halt, the pair weren't in sight through the foliage but she could hear their words clearly enough.

It wasn't her place to step in and delegate though she would if this turned violent, Lugh was in no shape for a physical fight. So she hung back, heart pounding in her chest unexplainably as she listened to the words that passed between them. Their herbalist was a good man, he asked all the questions that she would have making sure that Gent would do well in his place. Finally it was decided and after taking a breath to steady herself she pushed through the foliage. First her golden eyes fell upon the way that Lugh bowed and couldn't help but smile, then she turned to Gemt; her new partner at least when it came to leading the pack. Dipping her head her smile grew, "You're a good man Gent Lieris, I'm happy to have you by my side. I hope you won't take this personally but until you've had some practice at leading I would prefer if you kept me as informed as possible about any decisions you make before you enforce them? At least for the time being." Falling silent she surveyed the dark face for his reaction, she knew that it needed to happen, leadership could be overwhelming. Still the last thing she wanted was to upset him and have him stop coming round to see the children or even if she couldn't admit it; her.

(This post was last modified: Jun 21, 2015, 02:06 AM by Minka.)
Played by Poppin' who has 62 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Astraeus Taranath
*Harf*

Aeus had knew the day was coming, and yet how much he protested- he kept silent. The morning had been slow, just a little patrol and grooming. He thought it would be wise to visit the den site, just to check in. As he neared, the sound of voices peered through the trees. With a soft huff, he broke through the foliage and into the light. As expected, Gent was hovering over the den along with Minka. Raela, was a little far off, giving them needed space. Astraeus sat down and gave her a wink from across the floor.

"You're a good man Gent Lieris, I'm happy to have you by my side. I hope you won't take this personally but until you've had some practice at leading I would prefer if you kept me as informed as possible about any decisions you make before you enforce them? At least for the time being." His sensitive ears caught. It makes sense, to be informed about the decisions he made. But on the other hand, it would be excruciating to go over the details. Aeus nodded his head curtly, this was all he had to head. He turned his head to Raela, motioning to the woods. Come with me?

”Speech”
[Image: GaeusA.png]
ITS NOT LIKE I WANTED US TO HAPPEN
[Image: 7e57a423-1f11-4ee8-ac67-a16d5fba0f85_zpswgncsxdo.png]
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
@Lugh so you can claim lp now :3
@Minka since Gent will be responding to her <3
@Astraeus @Raela thanks again for the posts guys!

The man couldn't help but put off a smaller reflection of Lugh's grin, the mirthful expression a good sign as to what was coming next. His ears stood at the height of attention, eager for each and every syllable Whelan had to say. Part of him expected Lugh to ask more of him, but to his great relief and elation, with simple and flattering words the man handed over his crown. Smile growing, Gent took a step forward, briefly pushing the top of his head against Lugh's in a friendly gesture of gratitude. "Thank you, friend." I won't let you regret it.

With the business over, Gent became acutely aware of those around him. It was more than who he had invited, and as his blue eyes scanned he was happy to see that Raela had been present as well. The freshly appointed king threw her a toothy grin, before Minka's voice caught his attention. Gent turned to face her, free now to stand at his full height, but still he tilted his crown a fraction out of deference. It would be a hard habit to shake, and one he probably wouldn't put much effort into ridding himself of; Minka deserved the respect.

"Of course," he responded positively, not at all surprised that she would request it. Despite the quality of his time put in with the pack, it still had only been a handful of months since he'd first knocked upon her door. Her caution was viewed as intelligent in his fond eyes. "We're a team>"

"In fact, if you don't mind, I'd love to talk now about a few things..." as well as spend time with the children. This was thus far the best day of his life, and so he wanted it to be concluded with his favorite little den-bound family.

/FADE