(See All?) Announcements
317 Users Online
Aquene, Torianna, Miriam, Bing, Google

blame it on the rain — Round Stone Crest 
Print · · Subscribe · 4 Loves ·
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 711 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
@Astraeus

Choices had to be made. What came first was the betterment of the pack, and Gent was dedicated to ensuring that Round Stone Crest grew strong and solid. He absolutely would not allow it to crumble to other forces, much less his own pride. With Bane's leave and his own promotion, the Crest stood without an appointed guardian. Given that their numbers were dwindling, and they still had the children to protect, protector was a vital role that needed to be filled immediately. Of course they would all work to ensure the borders, but he wanted each member to serve a specialization to strengthen their own positions within the pack, to feel valued and therefore dedicate themselves further to the Crest, and also to fit them together as a puzzle to form an unbreakable union of wolves.

As things stood, his best bet was none other than Astraeus Taranath. When moving through his rank challenges, Gent had been most pleased by the fight he found in Bane, and had sincerely hoped the boy would stay to serve his guard under the Lieris reign. It had dismayed him to learn that the younger man had elected to leave and return to his 'mother's side. It was not that Aeus couldn't fill the kid's shoes, it was the issue of trust, which Gent still felt was lacking. He knew, however, especially given his talks with Raela, that such a thing would not fix itself, and the cobalt monster could not rely on the other man to take that first step and right what had been wordlessly twisted between them. Taking her advice given in regards to Gabriel and applying it to his faint relationship with Aeus, Gent pursued two goals in locating and speaking with the other man today.

Firstly, of course, was to put him to the test and see if he was a proper fit for that much needed role. The second, was to extend something of on olive branch, and hopefully clear the air between them. He wasn't sure what Aeus' intentions were, he only had suspicions (of which he was convinced were true). While he figured that Taranath would have shared his desires with Raela, and that Gent could decipher the information he needed through her, it would not do to continuously dodge around the problem. No, today he would come face to face with Aeus and get the answers he needed while serving the pack.

He sought his scent, and trailed it until he was within distance of the pack's current male third. Gent let out a single staccato bark as he walked, calling out to the man and requesting that he join him immediately for a discussion.
(This post was last modified: Jun 08, 2015, 11:46 PM by Gent.)
Played by Poppin' who has 62 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Astraeus Taranath
I assume this is taking place after the Astraela thread? I hope it's cool :D

Astraeus took lengthy strides forward through the woods, in hopes to find something small for his his new obligation- Raela. After the day they spent together and the intimate moment that followed, he felt obliged to visit her daily and talk. It wasn't a burden or anything of the sorts, in fact, he enjoyed their time together greatly. He loved talking with her and sharing thoughts about how the day went or current news- often involving the new patriarch, Gent. He wanted to clear the air and make peace with this inky man, but it was't really for his pleasure. Raela was close friends with Gent and it wouldn't really go over well if Aeus still wanted to pummel him. For his Lady friend, he would make peace.

His box shaped snout reached the ground and trailed around gingerly for any traces of scent- and luckily, something found its way. The musky stench of a rabbit crossed over his senses, a feeling of pride rising to his throat. Aeus followed the prints deeper into the woods, each step taking him a half a yard. At the trails peak, his auds turned slowly, picking up a familiar chuff. The dark man rose his head, a brow furrowing in shock. Every fuckin' time. The thought marinating. It was "too much of coincidence" he decided firmly. "Christ." The man scoffed, trotting to the summoner.

"Oi Gent, you need something?" He asked evenly, frisking his tail at his hocks. Hopefully, this would go well; Astraeus had business to attend to.

”Speech”
[Image: GaeusA.png]
ITS NOT LIKE I WANTED US TO HAPPEN
[Image: 7e57a423-1f11-4ee8-ac67-a16d5fba0f85_zpswgncsxdo.png]
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
yes, dated when posted, 6/8 (:

When he sensed the man was moving toward him, Gent slowed his steps into an eventual halt and waited for him to break through the gloom lingering between the trees and into his vision. Astraeus' voice met his raised ears just as soon as his form met his eyes, and Gent was less than pleased with how his summons had been received. It was easy to see the impatience in his posture, and his choice of words wasn't quite appropriate for addressing your alpha. This presentation alone relayed to Gent that the man still hadn't cottoned on to thinking of the Lieris heir as his leader. Quite bothersome, really, and truly it irritated him deep down but that's where he kept the smoldering embers for Raela had been teaching him how to better handle such situations.

Gent's tail curled silently over his back, but that was the only motion made to further assert his authority. He wondered how, if at all, Astraeus' demeanor would change once he heard the man out.

"Yes," he leveled, reflecting just enough impatience in his features to show to Aeus that this wasn't the time for whatever breed of resentment lay between the two. He had true business to discuss with the man, and so he would be wise to take him more seriously.

"The pack no longer has a guardian stationed, and looking at my options you seem to currently be the best bet. Would you be willing to earn this position, or no?" If the answer was no, Aeus better have a damn good reason to support it.
(This post was last modified: Jun 10, 2015, 06:03 PM by Gent.)
Inactive No Rank
Astraeus Taranath
This will decide if they become friends or fiends- (silently votes fiends >:D)

Astraeus knew his reply was snarky and inappropriate- but it was only to see where Gent's line lay. And clearly, he seemed to verging a little too close. Gent gave a charming act of responsibility as his banner raised sloppishly.  Aeus had never felt true detestation and this Lieris was treading on dangerous territory. Gent was crossing lines with his girlfriend, had taken his job and insisted they needed to speak. Aeus could feel the boiling blood reach higher temperatures by the minute, his eyes glaring colder than absolute zero. The Lieris answered shortly, pretending he didn't feel the same about Astraeus. The broiling man took a seat, standing tall enough to reach Gent's height. A proposal. He thought, unwavering in somber. Guardian seemed like a nice place to reside while he readied himself for the throne.. but he had bigger ideas.

"I appreciate the offer Lieris, and I have taken it into consideration. I will take up the position for I have been fulfilling it on the sidelines*. But, I have another position in offer and that is why I must decline from my post after a short period of time." He mused, ears twitching as mosquitoes tried to penetrate his fur. "I am looking forward to move into the position of Advisor... that is, if you'll have me." Aeus finished, his glare becoming softer, but keeping stern. Even though Gent wanted to discuss business and business only- he wanted to finish the dispute once and for all. The sable night did not doge the bush and was ready to describe his stance on the social triangle they had formed.

”Speech”
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
OOC: Yeah... I think their last chance just went out the window xD;

Every muscle within the king's body tensed as his glacial eyes received the wrathful temper building within Astraeus'. It seemed he couldn't even both to pretend to respect the crown upon Gent's head, and this spoke volumes to the man about exactly what kind of wolf Aeus was. Gent himself adhered completely to the principles of order and the integrity of a hierarchy imposed by the instinctual climb of those who were more powerful and skilled. It was the only way to ensure a pack's strength and thus survival, and with that pecking order came varying levels of respect. Astraeus was shitting on all of this; on everything that was of importance to Gent.

His own temper was beginning to build now, as he couldn't help his thoughts turning to the Asurn woman they both coveted in one form or another. Astraeus wouldn't dare be so bold if she were here, and the audacity of his deception enraged Gent. He was pooling the wool over Raela's eyes, and she was swallowing every bit he fed her. She didn't deserve that; she deserved to know exactly what made the man so determined to possess her tick. Gent had an idea, she wouldn't like what she saw.

He watched Astraeus move, listened to him speak, and every single moment only built upon his outrage. He dared to hold himself at Gent's height, refused to avert his eyes. He talked as though he could have whatever position he asked for, as though he were the one in control. And finally, he surprised Gent with what must have been a joke. A soft but derisive snort escaped him, and that was the only inflection that passed through his features. The king's demeanor had been stoic through Astraeus' part.

As silence overtook the air and it became his turn, Gent wasn't entirely sure where to start. There was a flood of words dammed up on the back of his tongue that demanded to be released, and few of them could be considered neutral in tone.

"I said earn," he chose to start with, and the rest naturally flowed forth. "I'm not handing anything to you, but the chance to prove to me that you are capable and trustworthy enough to serve as our guardian for a time that we see fit. If you wish to advise, you will have to speak with Minka, as I have already decided on an advisor for myself. But I wouldn't suggest pursuing that any time soon, as I would have quite a few words to say against you."

If Astraeus was so insistent on these barely-veiled attempts to rub his dissent in Gent's face, he would lay it all out, here and now. As the man spoke, his voice remained utterly level and void of any negative inflections. His words were nothing but firm. It wasn't just a personal challenge Astraeus was presenting, after all; his sidewinding behavior threatened the stability of the pack. Especially if he planned on siphoning members from their ranks once he finally accepted that he could not dethrone a Lieris king.

"I don't trust an inch of you, Astraeus Taranath. I've found it safe to assume that when I challenged you, you'd had your eyes set on becoming alpha as well, and I believe that you plan on still pursuing the throne. Instead of accepting fair defeat, which would have been the respectable thing to do, you've only built a wealth of resentment toward me as though I am to blame. You are the weak link in the pack's chain, Taranath. I see you as unstable and unreliable. This pack has seen enough tumult, and I have earned the right to lead it back to calm waters. As you stand, subtly defying me, disrespecting me and the crown I hold, you threaten the peace I pursue. I won't have it."

Perhaps, the bad blood needed to be purged. But Gent, for the sake of the pack and for Raela, would give the man before him one last chance. The words that followed were not a suggestion in even the gravest sense; they were commands, and Aeus would be damned to not follow them.

"I am your king. Lower yourself, and avert your eyes, just as you would for your queen."

(This post was last modified: Jun 13, 2015, 06:02 AM by Gent.)
Inactive No Rank
Astraeus Taranath
Fuck man, I don't know what happened XD

Gent laid out a slur of words, feeding the inferno that laid in the seething man's chest. It was all jealousy that Gent felt, and Aeus had to admit, he had felt the same way once. But, then he realized Raela was with him... Gent wouldn't stand a chance. The Taranath smirked, his eyes dancing with hostile amusement. He had a secret weapon and it was something that neither men could tamper with. He had no fear now, the Lieris had poked him enough-continuing to spout out sentences, each one strengthening his build. The Taranath had never felt such a loathing belief, it was taking him higher and higher until he felt invincible. After Gent had explained his thoughts on him, he stood up and took a step forward. "You'll find me trustworthy when you set your childish sentiment aside." His mouth read pleasure and his eyes where shining with abhorrence. "And you are right to think I am unstable, for I have something you don't." He paused, letting the words settle into the black ears. A menacing beam adopting his muzzle. "She loves me." It was all he had to say, because in reality, this was the source of the argument.  "You are not my King. I will not break my back for you. And I certainly will not look down under your gaze. The Queen has earned my respect, yet you have not showed up to claim yours." He was dripping in hate now, you could practically smell it in the warm air. "You don't own me Lieris- because I already belong to someone."

”Speech”
(This post was last modified: Jun 13, 2015, 09:14 PM by Astraeus.)
Played by Jenandra who has 438 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Raela Lieris Asurn
OOC: Here comes Rae with permission from Cade and Poppin!

There was nothing special in the air today. Even the sky was the same shade of greyish-white wherever she walked in the territory. She hoped dearly that these clouds did not bring even more rain. The land was already starting to get over-saturated in places, and she didn't miss the muddy sludge of early spring one bit. Her stomach now full with the body of an unfortunate, seemingly injured squirrel, Raela had again come down with daydreaming. Aeus waltzed through her thoughts as always; bringing the woman this new joy she'd never experienced before. It didn't take long for her other occupying thoughts, the puppies and Minka of course, to mingle themselves and spur her into action. Today when she went to visit the children, she'd see if her new beau wanted to come along. She couldn't see the dark man declining such an offer, especially when it meant getting the chance to spend more time with her. 

So it was a leisurely but excited trot that propelled Raela down the man's trail. He was never that hard to find, lucky for her. For all she knew Aeus was looking for her too. The idea nearly tugged a smile onto her lips as she ducked between the bushes and leaves. The lithe female paused, having come some distance down the little mountain that formed their territory. Her nose was lifted into the air; attempting to decipher the change in direction her target had made at this point. Strangely, another, all-to-familiar scent flooded her airway and tangled itself among Aeus'. It was Gent. Confusion wasted no time in sweeping over the tawny girl. Gent and Aeus hardly seemed to like each other. There was always a tension between the two men when she saw them together. There was of course, the hope that perhaps the two were reconciling their issues, but nevertheless she felt compelled to investigate. Last time she stumbled upon them they had come to blows over the Crest's crown. 

Her sunshine eyes swiveled around, bringing her head back to its usual position. They fixated on some location in the distance; promptly followed by her newly energized legs. It wasn't too much further before the faint rumblings of conversation cupped her hears forward. The tone made itself clearer and clearer, and the more she heard the more her heart began to sink. It wasn't a happy tone, and it wasn't Aeus'. Gent had said he wasn't good at heart-to-hearts hadn't he? Concern drove her through the undergrowth, her paws moving faster, faster. Raela's trot grew more brisk, desperate to catch some more of their words so she knew to either sigh with relief or to panic. Broken, rumbling words caught themselves in her sensitive, straining ears. ”...ave it. ...king. ...avert your...” It wasn't doing a thing to calm her. As she rushed on, it was her boyfriend's voice that came next. It was all inaudible, quieter mumbles at first. ...don't. ...loves me. The woman's heightened sense of hearing did her well now, delivering the last parts of the older man's speech with more completion. ”...are not my king. I will not break my back for you. ...I certainly will not look down...gaze. The Queen has earned ...respect ...you have not showed ...to claim yours.” 

Raela's fur bristled. She had to fight the urge to flatten her ears so that the words could keep tumbling in. It was nothing she wanted to hear, but morbid curiosity kept her striding on, doing her best to hear it all. Finally she caught a glimpse of them below her; simple shapes between the trees. Her eyes glanced up at them hurriedly, swiftly returning their focus to the ground as she sought footing. ”You don't own me Lieris – because I already belong to someone.” Her form could be heard loping their way before the sentence was over. At just a few strides from the small clearing, the Crest woman slowed her pace to a gentle trot, sure that both men had noticed her by now as the branches and twigs parted to reveal her russet-colored self. Her ears were pinned up; brows furrowed and lifted with confusion and worry. The lady's tail even hovered out behind her; rigid with agitation. Her dandelion optics flashed between the two of them as her steps grew slower and slower until finally she paused; standing on the sidelines some distance away with a lifted paw. She could see Gent's rage, but all things hung still as she stood there. The longer she remained the more serious her expression became. 

Now her orange ears flattened backward. “What's going on?” She asked, her tone obviously concerned but grounded and stern all the same. Gent could have attacked Aeus for the insubordination that she heard him oozing, but there was a part of Rae that trusted the ebony mammoth to control himself in her presence. Either out of respect for her and her advice or because he knew Aeus to be of value to her. For this reason she didn't throw herself forward or attempt to get in the middle of their poised fangs. She didn't know which one of them had spurred the aggression they were both radiating like heat, but she knew right then that her new boyfriend should not have spoken the way he did. Not to their leader and to her friend. 

Image © Chris Smith Photography
Manipulation © Jenandra
(This post was last modified: Jun 15, 2015, 04:56 PM by Raela.)
            [Image: 1HGS6dy.png]
[Image: AsFM155.png]
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
Of course the man didn't surrender. Just as Gabriel had shown, the insufferable wolf before him held nothing but hubris in his heart. Astraeus' advance forward was met with a hike of Gent's tail and a silent snarl which twisted his lips back and displayed the same teeth the Taranath man had fallen to before. Apparently, he wanted an encore. Gent had to wonder, what exactly was his gain in acting like a petulant child? Did he really believe this to be the way to properly take over his position? He was goading him on, Gent felt as though he wanted this to end in a physical fight, though he had to know he could not win. It had already been proven. Or was his ego truly that overinflated?

Astraeus' volley of words did nothing to change the mood, per the pattern he was only egging Gent on more and more with his shameful display of disrespect; for Gent, for the natural hierarchy, for the pack itself. Childish sentiment?

"I'm the child? Here you are tantruming, putting your own pride before the pack, willing chaos because you can't handle the fact that you didn't get everything you wanted," he snapped back, and then it was out. 'She loves me.'

A moment of confusion overtook his features, before those stormclouds were cleared by enlightenment and his lips pulled back in a solemn, close-lipped grimace. So that was it. That was the root of their problems. Astraeus thought he loved Raela and wanted her for his own. It was true that Gent wanted her to stay with him, but after their discussion on the matter, he had resolved to let her go if that was what she truly wanted. It was not romantic love that grounded him to her, he unlike the man before him could accept that she could not be owned. And so he wouldn't try. Astraeus was giving his alpha hell, destroying his own status within the pack, over a nonexistant issue.

"I have done nothing but work for the improvement of this pack since day one. I earned my way through the ranks. Minka and Lugh both gave their blessing. You respect her, but not her word or decisions? You're full of shit, Taranath. You're just a spoiled child crying over milk that was never even spilled to begin with."

It no longer mattered now, he thought, as he ears swiveled to meet the sound of Raela's approach while his iced over eyes remained boring directly into Aeus' own. They could've talked this over, Aeus could have come to him as a man about what was truly bothering him. Instead, this was the path he'd chosen, and now the only thing keeping him from banishment was a talk with Minka; Gent knew that without a witness to the entire ordeal, it could very well be seen that he was just driving out the male members who disagreed with him in spite of the pack's needs. Minka needed to understand just how unacceptable Astraeus' actions had been before Gent could act. Regardless of the decision of others, there would be consequences to the venom that had just been spit at his feet. Astraeus Taranath would not get away with this.

When she spoke, Gent at last turned his eyes toward her, the glacial pools softening considerably. She seemed tentatively neutral, respectably waiting to get the full story before deciding how she would react to the situation she had stumbled upon. Gent wondered, even if he could explain fully, would she choose his side? Or would her starry eyes still side with her lover? The thought caused his gut to twist; if Raela of all people could not understand him this time, he wasn't sure what he would do. Gent wanted to trust her, however, and so he did.

"I offered Astraeus the opportunity to become a guardian. With deep disrespect, he declined and asked for your intended position as advisor instead. I'm sick of sneaking around this clusterfuck of a problem, so I told him that I don't trust him and that he needed to respect me as his king. Obviously, he refused and is currently choosing to use you and your affections toward him as a weapon against me. It only made it clear he has no idea what the fuck battle he's actually fighting."

He couldn't help the cussing that slipped in between his strained words; the man was livid. And he was tired of Astraeus putting on his sheep's clothing whenever Raela was around. She needed to know who exactly it was that she was giving herself to.
Inactive No Rank
Astraeus Taranath

The argument was escalating at a rapid pace, Gent blissfully taking up Aeus' challenge. Lingering in the pit of the musky man's stomach was the desire to just brawl it out now. But, no. He had other reservations in keeping his mind cool. He couldn't let the mammoth get to his head, because then, the fight would be over. Gent was larger than Astraeus, but brains over brawn seemed to serve the swarthy man with a silver spoon. He kept his growls resided and declined his stance, backing up to give the Patriarchy a more comfortable space. The iceberg blue eyes remained on Aeus as he spat furious words into the air. The Taranath remained quiet, letting his body language speak louder. A chuckle elicited from his lips, the brute shaking his head at Lieris' face. Shock adorned the previously handsome man as he sputtered more words. "Minka and Lugh both gave their blessing. You respect her, but not her word or decisions? You're full of shit, Taranath." A surge of defiance sputtered from inside. He thought fondly of being free of someones own decisions. It felt like someone was stamping on his chest- forcing the words to stay down.

Aeus turned his head at the sound of snapping twigs, Raela's young face pushing through the leaves. “What's going on?” She spoke. A surge of concern adorned his face, wanting her to leave. What if she gets hurt? He thought, having a well rounded idea of how much of a loose cannon his opponent was. He gave her a pained look- Get out of here! Gent spewed more aggression, his eyes still remaining on Raela... that was until he swore. Like the speed of light, Aeus was back on his feet, facing Gent with a curled lip. "I am going to ask you not to swear in front of the lady." He snapped, struggling to remain his cool core. He knew Raela could handle herself in verbal situations, but it was similar to having your mother being told off before you. "Gent- this doesn't need to be an ongoing battle. I will uphold my part in The Crest, but this... this game? Needs to stop. I have my side and you have yours.. but you remember which is which." The words slipping from his tongue like oil. His eyes kept a solemn glare but there was no mistaking the fierce twinkle in his irises. He hated Gent Lieris with a flaming passion.

”Speech”
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a rabbit\'s nest nearby. +1 Health